The Grimwade Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interested on thoughts on this IG/YouTube account?

They're a family with 5 soon to be 6 children. I used to watch their vlogs occasionally, but became turned off when they suddenly posted a video asking for monthly payments from their followers for creating their YouTube content.
Apparently they didn't have kids and get married so they'd have to go to work and spend time away from each other. They just want us to do that and sponsor them to spend time together?!
Anyone else come across them?

Reactions: 3
They’re definitely doing something right with how well educated and spoken the kids are, but there’s just something about them that seems a bit... off?

Reactions: 10
They’re definitely doing something right with how well educated and spoken the kids are, but there’s just something about them that seems a bit... off?

Yes, the kids are absolutely so polite, loving and respectful. They mention they're from a Christian family. My problem is, I guess, the same as with most of these other family vloggers, it feels like they're selling their kids.
Even with the most recent pregnancy, the whole thing feels like it was done for content.
Obviously they very sadly lost one twin in this most recent pregnancy - but to vlog the scan where they found this out and then video the children crying on the floor seems overkill. I've lost several babies and trying to capture that horrific moment is wild to me.
Also, the initial videos were quite sweet and organic, but now you can see the kids saying things as they look into the camera. Halle in particular is very careful to keep smiling directly into the camera no matter what is going on, it just strikes me as sad to have the cameras in their faces constantly.
It was so off putting for them to ask for monthly donations. Everyone else has to spend time away from their families to work, I think it's very cheeky of them to ask their viewers to pay so that they don't have to.

Reactions: 5
I have been enjoying watching this family for a while now, but like someone else mentioned, there is something off about them lately. They seem to have changed considerably in the last 6 months. I don't like how they are now seemingly boasting about brand deals and freebies and even though it's nice to see the kids get a few treats, it's going to their heads and it feels like their father is pushing them in the direction he wants them to go and the kids are being used to make their money!

I loved them in the beginning and binge watched lots of their videos, but now I find myself getting irritated, more so by the father than anyone! Some of the things they allow the children to do are questionable. I find it extremely disrespectful that Hezzy kicks that damn football around everywhere, even in hospital waiting rooms where he kicks it up against walls. Surely he can manage 30 minutes to an hour of not kicking that ball. Respect your surroundings for goodness sake!

Reactions: 9
I have been enjoying watching this family for a while now, but like someone else mentioned, there is something off about them lately. They seem to have changed considerably in the last 6 months. I don't like how they are now seemingly boasting about brand deals and freebies and even though it's nice to see the kids get a few treats, it's going to their heads and it feels like their father is pushing them in the direction he wants them to go and the kids are being used to make their money!

I loved them in the beginning and binge watched lots of their videos, but now I find myself getting irritated, more so by the father than anyone! Some of the things they allow the children to do are questionable. I find it extremely disrespectful that Hezzy kicks that damn football around everywhere, even in hospital waiting rooms where he kicks it up against walls. Surely he can manage 30 minutes to an hour of not kicking that ball. Respect your surroundings for goodness sake!
I completely agree with everything you said. The father definitely is the one that has the vision for this family. He's always been a creative it would seem and he doesn't want to hold down a 9 - 5.
To me it feels as if they've now reached the point they were aiming for. The sponsorship deals are what they came into this for, no matter what they say. Like I said, I found the fact that they made a video asking for sponsorship to keep creating content a bit cheeky.

No one asked them to become a vlogging family. They did it off their own accord.
But as with many of these YT accounts, it's seen as a new way to make money, sell your family.

Reactions: 6
Does the Dad work? And I don’t mean making YouTube videos (unless there’s more money in that then I realised!) I’m sure I heard him mention a few videos ago he used to be an electrician (maybe I got that wrong). I’m just so intrigued by them but perplexed to how they afford to live with so many mouths to feed - including their own...

Reactions: 1
Does the Dad work? And I don’t mean making YouTube videos (unless there’s more money in that then I realised!) I’m sure I heard him mention a few videos ago he used to be an electrician (maybe I got that wrong). I’m just so intrigued by them but perplexed to how they afford to live with so many mouths to feed - including their own...
To my knowledge, he's always had various jobs. When he used to rap, he was also a driving instructor. I think the most recent job is a football coach, but I don't know if he still does that.
I've no idea how they afford to live either, but I do think with all the recent adverts that the money is now starting to roll in.
They did set up a page where you could support them financially every month. A lot of Americans love them, so they may make some money this way.

Been watching these for a few weeks and although they have their good points beautifully polite children but I can't help but think they are one of the vainest and strangest families on YouTube, boasting about their parenting skills while their two year old seemed totally confused by their method of discipline.
Their children are constantly looking for approvement they have to raise their hands to speak and then just say things to reinforce what ever their parents are talking about then look at a camera smiling in a very unnatural way the girls are almost uniformed in rather mature River Island clothing.

Reactions: 8
Been watching these for a few weeks and although they have their good points beautifully polite children but I can't help but think they are one of the vainest and strangest families on YouTube, boasting about their parenting skills while their two year old seemed totally confused by their method of discipline.
Their children are constantly looking for approvement they have to raise their hands to speak and then just say things to reinforce what ever their parents are talking about then look at a camera smiling in a very unnatural way the girls are almost uniformed in rather mature River Island clothing.
I agree with everything you've said. This is what I find a bit odd about them.
You can tell that the children are very aware of the camera and almost say things so that they can get feedback from the viewers.
I'm sure that the oldest girl is very maternal and loves to look after her younger siblings, but it doesn't seem natural anymore.
I just can't believe they're bringing out branded merchandise, who would wear jumpers with another family's surname on them?

• Heart
  • Haha
I agree with everything you've said. This is what I find a bit odd about them.
You can tell that the children are very aware of the camera and almost say things so that they can get feedback from the viewers.
I'm sure that the oldest girl is very maternal and loves to look after her younger siblings, but it doesn't seem natural anymore.
I just can't believe they're bringing out branded merchandise, who would wear jumpers with another family's surname on them?
The way all five of the kids were ragging that newborn about bathing her, rinsing her hair in soapy water then almost cracking her head on the bunk beds was horrific, the three older kids arenall very mature but it's to much of a show for me.

Can’t stand this family at all anymore find them so pretentious and their whole video set up always seems so forced and unnatural.

Heze and that fuming football, I understand stand he loves to play etc but does he really need it by his side 24/7 especially when took it with him to the hospital and was kicking it around the waiting room, come on have some respect.
But what really pissed me off was that comment the mum made about girls playing football or sports in general. What century are they living in?!

Can’t stand this family at all anymore find them so pretentious and their whole video set up always seems so forced and unnatural.

Heze and that fuming football, I understand stand he loves to play etc but does he really need it by his side 24/7 especially when took it with him to the hospital and was kicking it around the waiting room, come on have some respect.
But what really pissed me off was that comment the mum made about girls playing football or sports in general. What century are they living in?!
I think they've marketed themselves as a traditional family with traditional values and that probably extends to gender roles that are really, really old school!

This usually happens with vloggers. So much exposure, the ads come in, they believe their own hype and then the authenticity goes.
The problem is these kids are now so used to this that I don't think they've developed as they would have had they not been a vlogging family. The oldest three in particular seem to be playing up to the character they want their viewers to see.
I haven't watched their vlogs in ages, but I did see a post on Instagram about Heze dyeing his hair. He was topless and posing in the shots - they got a bit of backlash for that, but what they'll take from it, I don't know...

were they seriously thinking about having another baby? The youngest is still a newborn!

Reactions: 5
Let kids be kids them kids looks miserable and the farther seems to be a right weirdo in the vlogs in how he presents himself , couldn’t even finish watching it

were they seriously thinking about having another baby? The youngest is still a newborn!
I honestly think they keep wanting to expand their brood because it gives them content and that's probably when they get the most engagement.
I feel so sad for them that they lost their baby's twin, but I think they won't be satisfied until they get their twins.

Reactions: 4
Do they get their son to clean too? The younger boy is a bit too young but the older one is always kicking a ball but the girls are taught to clean.

I wonder how they would feel should a child of theirs be gay, as they only mention the opposite sex when talking about their future partners, when they're grown up.

Reactions: 7
Do they get their son to clean too? The younger boy is a bit too young but the older one is always kicking a ball but the girls are taught to clean.

I wonder how they would feel should a child of theirs be gay, as they only mention the opposite sex when talking about their future partners, when they're grown up.
I've never seen their eldest son cook or clean or help with general housework.

They've said many times that they're quite "traditional" on gender roles. He literally kicks a ball about whilst the girls set up breakfast etc.

They've also said that they're a Christian family that believe that believe in marrying the opposite sex, so i don't know what they'd do.

Tim's sister that appeared on his first few vlogs is a lesbian now and I've never seen her again, so I don't get the sense they'd agree with it.

Hopefully the kids get tired of them an rebel and go on to live the life they won’t .

Reactions: 7
They are the most vain unnaturel and strange family on YouTube, I have not watched in a while because they get under my skin, the kids are like trained solders, the girls are even uniformed. The parents give a sermon in every vlog.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.