The Grimwade Family #3 Homeschool's skipped, masks slipped, kids can't go off-script

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same! Even before I found this group I thought something was off with them. The kids act like robots, not natural at all, that was the first thing that caught my attention. Kids should be carefree and not giving perfect answers everytime they’re asked a question. It’s almost like a sitcom where everyone plays a character. The fact they they haven’t addressed Heze’s dependency on his ball is very concerning.
Tim's probably told him to have the ball with him all the time

Reactions: 8
Tim's probably told him to have the ball with him all the time
It's definitely stemmed from parental encouragement, as they think it proves how dedicated he is. I watched an old vlog from back when they had the puppies (which presumably removes Havana and Hope as baby name options, although I wouldn't put it past them...) and Heze was almost tripping over himself trying to walk one of the puppies whilst also dribbling a ball. Neither of the parents (who, lest we forget, usually micro-manage the kids' every movement with 'helpful' suggestions) suggested he leave the ball for the safety of himself and the dogs.

Maybe the poor kid is terrified of having to sit through one of Tim's lectures on the importance of dedication and hard work, so is sticking to the safest option by literally never letting the ball out of his reach. I'd do whatever I could to avoid being on the receiving end of one of those chats too!

Reactions: 12
You know what? I would really like to see the vlog 'grimwades go to Jamaica!!!' It would be fun to see Tim wonk wonking it up with locals and heze getting beat with a shoe because he was kicking a ball in someone's house or store. Lol.
Wonking it up 🤣🤣🤣 I don't think the people of Jamaica could deal with the Wonk wonks. The Jamiaicans have too much respect, they would not be impressed with 7 kids screaming and kicking a ball at everything 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
.You could never shout out across a shopping mall or workplace “hallelujah” to get her attention or locate her…everyone around would think you are insane
Actually creased laughing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What you eat is not about skin colour. To be honest its racist to say "the mum is black so you should expect the cooking to be from her background" black people eat many cuisines from different cultures, not just their own.

Theres two parents in the home, both parents should be able and willing to cook for the kids. Both parents should be showing their cultures to teach the kids who they are. Trying to get them to study American religious schoolbooks, say American words instead of British words, then having the non-Jamaican parent teaching them Jamaican slang and mocking an patois accent is not the way to go.

Ella says she is 100% British. But she doesn't offer an British teachings or culture to the kids. Neither does Tim and he's British.

And to say long names is a Jamaican thing. Well actually I know English Irish, Nigerian, Welsh, Scottish, Latvian, Polish etc with many long and middle names. All equally ridiculous to have something like 5 middle names that they never use.

You can nit pick things to misinterpret and search for reasons to label others as ignorant or "something else". But make sure you don't say something ignorant or racist while trying to suggest and falsely imply that others are. Thats how arguments and slandering begin. And it wont be happening on my watch. I'm not here to be accused of anything or judge tattlers that I don't even know.

It may not have been directed at me but either way, nobody on here has said anything out of line and I dont believe the people on this thread are racist

From reading the different threads I see a lot of the same few that love to stir the pot, back people into corners, hoping to get others on board to gang up against others for the sake of a few likes. It totally dampens the mood and fun on the comments. A reason I was reluctant to join and comment for so long.

But thankfully majority of people on here are just sooooo funny and have intelligent, interesting comments to make, not just searching for arguments

----------
Oh, Eye Spy, that totally looks like that whole message was said to you 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I was laughing at your hallelujah comment. Soooo funny 🤣🤣🤣🙌🙌🙌🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
From reading the different threads I see a lot of the same few that love to stir the pot, back people into corners, hoping to get others on board to gang up against others for the sake of a few likes. It totally dampens the mood and fun on the comments. A reason I was reluctant to join and comment for so long.

But thankfully majority of people on here are just sooooo funny and have intelligent, interesting comments to make, not just searching for arguments
I think it's great that people disagree sometimes. For one, it proves that we're not these awful, vindictive trolls like Tim and Ella want to believe - we're real people from different walks of life with varying opinions, who all happen to agree that their parenting style is bizarre and damaging, even if our specific concerns might differ.

I might have missed something, but I think disagreements are handled respectfully on here. If we can't disagree with someone for fear of being accused of 'ganging up' on them, the thread would be like a weird alternate universe version of the Grimwade house :LOL:

I agree that race is generally handled sensitively on this thread, but as a white person I can't claim authority on that and would be happy to listen to the viewpoint of any black/mixed people who disagree.

Reactions: 14
I think it's great that people disagree sometimes. For one, it proves that we're not these awful, vindictive trolls like Tim and Ella want to believe - we're real people from different walks of life with varying opinions, who all happen to agree that their parenting style is bizarre and damaging, even if our specific concerns might differ.

I might have missed something, but I think disagreements are handled respectfully on here. If we can't disagree with someone for fear of being accused of 'ganging up' on them, the thread would be like a weird alternate universe version of the Grimwade house :LOL:

I agree that race is generally handled sensitively on this thread, but as a white person I can't claim authority on that and would be happy to listen to the viewpoint of any black/mixed people who disagree.
I agree majority of the time disgreements here, which are very few, are handled respectfully, and differences of opinion are welcome. Thats what make topics interesting. But things can be said without suggesting and twisting words. But unfortunately there are people on threads who like to stir the pot and create drama out of nothing by implying things with comments and others chime in. It's just how it goes but of course if I feel soembody keeps making negative reactions to things I post and then says things like pople are "ignorant and something else". Then it looks like it's a dig at me and I have every right to clear my name. And no drama intended or wanted.

I don't appreciate those accusations being fired around lightly and picking comments and looking for ways to suggest certain things. So that is all I have to say on the matter.

Hope your all enjoying Halloween today 🍁🎃[]💀👻🤡

Reactions: 7
Jessica Alba's three children all have H names, so they might use one of those (she has two daughters called Honor and Haven, and a son named Hayes.) Bonus points if they pick Honor and choose the American spelling and not the British one!

I assume they were inspired for Harper by the Beckhams (even though the Beckhams themselves took the name from the magazine), so they clearly don't mind taking inspiration from celebrity names.

Reactions: 6
I could potentially see them going rogue like they did with Hazariah and just making up a name. Houston was a choice that felt like they'd exhausted all other options.

Speaking of Houston, she's probably the one I'm most concerned about developmentally - stuck between their perpetual favourite in Reu and a brand new baby, how is she going to get the support and attention she needs? I know children develop at different rates, but she still seems closer to a baby than a toddler really.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Am Catholic not a very good one to be honest but 1 of my kids are getting ready to be baptised amd rhe other for her holy communion soon so obviously attending church,my kids were talking ro the priest today and we excited about Halloween n I was trying to shh her cos it isn't a Christian celebration (all saint day the next day)but the priest told my girl that actually Halloween started out as a Christian holiday where kids went truck or treating n got fruit and nuts etc for performing a trick (magic trick rather then a scary one like now days)but while towns where decorated n Christian churches to celebrate and it still is known in the Christian community for the day of the dead.unitl it got americanised n the tricks n outfits became for money and profit etc.anyaay sorry for the long maybe boring post just wondered if the grimwade kids would be out trick or treating tonght for a little bit of fun in the kids life (highly doubted)but I didnt no that about the Catholic Church so if they said they don't like Halloween cos goes against religion etc it isn't actually rightt

Reactions: 5
just wondered if the grimwade kids would be out trick or treating tonght for a little bit of fun in the kids life (highly doubted)but I didnt no that about the Catholic Church so if they said they don't like Halloween cos goes against religion etc it isn't actually rightt
Ooh I bet this is such a struggle for them! On the one hand, they never miss an opportunity to get on their high horse about their beliefs and what they view as right and wrong, but on the other hand Halloween is so big in America and putting effort into the costumes would get them a lot of views. Classic Grimwade dilemma!

This baby that is on the way is going to be the least loved in the household, trust me. Remember that they were praying for twins and boys and instead it was one and another girl. So no worries for Houston this baby will be overlooked. For girl names I think they will go for Haven, Havanna, Harlow, Hayden or Hermione lol. Hermione would be very cute ☺

I could potentially see them going rogue like they did with Hazariah and just making up a name. Houston was a choice that felt like they'd exhausted all other options.

Speaking of Houston, she's probably the one I'm most concerned about developmentally - stuck between their perpetual favourite in Reu and a brand new baby, how is she going to get the support and attention she needs? I know children develop at different rates, but she still seems closer to a baby than a toddler really.
this is how i feel it went with harper.. another girl
then they went on and had a boy which they wanted for soooo long
had houston and then the older girls - they treat them as equals compared to harper. but then harper still feels like she is a big girl compared to houston yet has to share a new room with her.
it’s a vicious circle basically

Reactions: 7
Am Catholic not a very good one to be honest but 1 of my kids are getting ready to be baptised amd rhe other for her holy communion soon so obviously attending church,my kids were talking ro the priest today and we excited about Halloween n I was trying to shh her cos it isn't a Christian celebration (all saint day the next day)but the priest told my girl that actually Halloween started out as a Christian holiday where kids went truck or treating n got fruit and nuts etc for performing a trick (magic trick rather then a scary one like now days)but while towns where decorated n Christian churches to celebrate and it still is known in the Christian community for the day of the dead.unitl it got americanised n the tricks n outfits became for money and profit etc.anyaay sorry for the long maybe boring post just wondered if the grimwade kids would be out trick or treating tonght for a little bit of fun in the kids life (highly doubted)but I didnt no that about the Catholic Church so if they said they don't like Halloween cos goes against religion etc it isn't actually rightt

Yeah Halloween actually came from Ireland. Its a Celtic thing. They used to carve turnips for Halloween but then it became Americanised and they used pumpkins. All the catholics and christians I know, allow their kids to go trick or treating and do halloween crafts, dress up etc.

They don't celebrate it. They talk about it in this video.

Reactions: 3
Yeah Halloween actually came from Ireland. Its a Celtic thing. They used to carve turnips for Halloween but then it became Americanised and they used pumpkins. All the catholics and christians I know, allow their kids to go trick or treating and do halloween crafts, dress up etc.
Learn something new every day I never knew that at all

Reactions: 2
So they've sold their house & still looking for a new one, how is that new content.🤔

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.