The Grimwade Family #3 Homeschool's skipped, masks slipped, kids can't go off-script

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I foolishly watched a vlog from 4ish yrs ago. Halle is 3. Think it was called Introducing the kids. What i got from the video was, 1.....Ella is a witch. No two ways about, total narcissist
2.....Halle has had a great teacher in Ella.
I felt really sorry for Halle, a 3yr. I am guessing has very little awareness to what she was being filmed for and looked totally dumbstruck at being asked questions. At one point she had her mouth just a little open and Ella, the kind, devoted, caring parent she is asks Halle, why you got your mouth open, close it girl...or words to that effect.
But what i saw was how Ella tried to say things in jest, laughs as shes saying it but it isn't a joke and she fully means what she says. Utter control freak. Has to pretend things are so funny and light hearted but the reality is Halle & Hosanna have learnt from the best. Their behaviour in vlogs, Halle with her looks and condescending tone, Hosanna also with the looks but desperate need for attention all comes from Ella. I can't even begin to think thats how i would talk to my daughter. The constant down putting of things not important but allow Ella to show shes in control blows my mind. Laughing as you say thing so it doesnt come across as nasty, still comes across as nasty.

How was i blind sided by them i will never know. X

Reactions: 15
I'm American and I dnt like this family. Something is very odd about them.
I am also American and I don't like them either. But the majority of their fans are from the United States and are very charmed (tricked) by this interracial family with accents from England.

Reactions: 10
Tim & Ella don't represent Britain at all. They represent and act Jamican & American more than British. They dont even eat British meals. Which is strange because Tim obviously doesn't value his heritage enough to raise his kids with it. Ella understandably has Jamaican heritage which obviously she passes onto the kids. But I have no idea why they try act Americanised just to cater to US audiences. If your British you will understand this

• Sad
Reactions: 12
They already think they are You Tube celebs so I think they may copy Myleene Klass's daughter's name Hero, as it's unusual but a strong sounding name.
Strong? For a girl?! :eek: With their views on gender roles, they're probably saving that for their elusive third boy. In their eyes, girls need gentle, soft names, like Hand-towel.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Strong? For a girl?! :eek: With their views on gender roles, they're probably saving that for their elusive third boy. In their eyes, girls need gentle, soft names, like Hand-towel.
I partly agree with you because the three older girls have feminine pretty names however Houston is a traditional surname it is masculine & she is probably named after the American town or the great late Whitney. Even with Scarlett as a second name to soften it to appear feminine it is still a hard sounding name that doesn't suit a little girl.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Hosanna - What an awful name. So religious and old fashioned
Hallelujah- Just silly trying to be unique & religious
Harper - Overdone, trying to be trendy
Houston - Ridiculous, trying to be trendy & Americanised

Hezekiah - Sillly sounding religious name
Hazariah - another silly name, yrying to match the first

The kids names don't sound nice or matched together. They are all over the place, some religious, some trendy, some americanised, some made up. As for the middle names, sweet jesus whats the point of so many middle names. They sound stupid and are never used.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Never realised that rhe two boys had such similar names and so close in spelling too knew he had a h name but dont hear it as much as rue.
Carnt believe tim was high as a kite,wonder if that why Ella mum ddint look impressed at the reveal and didn't really want to talk to him when camera was on her

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Although Hezekiah is biblical, it’s rare enough that I’d never heard of it, so until I knew otherwise my assumption was that it was a made up name. I’m not religious now, but in childhood I was sent to sunday school and their was this song “sing hosanna to the break of day”, so I’d heard Hosanna before, but never as a persons name, just a line in a song with no knowledge of whether the words in the song meant a person, place, emotion etc. I’d associate it with religion, but actually don’t think it’s a particularly odd name, Rosanna we would not think was odd, and it’s not much different, plus as I’ve heard it in a song, I already knew it wasn’t a made up word.

hallelujah in my opinion is an awful name. Poor Halle will have to go through life having to get it shortened constantly as the full name is so awful. You could never shout out across a shopping mall or workplace “hallelujah” to get her attention or locate her…everyone around would think you are insane and not even realise you are calling out to a person. Maybe she will get a deed poll in later life once she realises how stupid her name sounds out in the real world.

Harper I don’t object to, but it’s harsh sounding and very fashionable, as is Houston. They seem to have picked these for fashion rather than anything else. In the video where they talk about naming their kids, Ella was keen to use the name Scarlett, and a couple times we have heard her use Houston’s middle name of Scarlett without her first name (as happens with Rue). So why not just chops the name you actually liked?

Same with Rue, why not call him Rueben and Rue for short, rather than coming up with a made up name? My theory on the H names is that the first 2 we’re genuine they just had a liking for them, then from that point forward they got stuck with the naming convention as they saw that they could use the H thing to build a brand. I actually think they wanted “matching” names for Hezekiah and Hazariah, due to their belief that their sons will be famous footballers…as it will make it clear to football fans that these boys are brothers.

Now they are on baby 7 and it’s getting ridiculous, but awkward for them to now announce a non-H name, as that child may then feel different to the others.

Although they have too many middle names,
as many of them came from godparents…the majority of them are sensible, which at least gives the kids other names to choose from in adulthood without getting a deed poll.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I actually really like the name Hosanna.
Agree Hallelujah is ridiculous but Halle is fine.
Also agree Harper and Houston are too trendy and American for my tastes (especially Houston).
I don't mind Hezekiah/Heze as I quite like biblical names even though I'm not religious. But then giving his brother almost the same name except for a couple of letters is just plain weird, especially as they just made it up and as they never even call him by that name, probably because they realise it was a stupid decision which would just be confusing. Agree that it was probably deliberate though so they can be linked to each other for ever as the 'grimwade brothers' :rolleyes: I wonder if they'd had another boy they would have named him Hazadiah or something so they could all be matching.

I think it's ridiculous when parents give their kids more than two middle names. It just stinks of an overinflated ego like their kids are so special like royalty or something and have to have all these unnecessary names. Do they not think of how inconvenient it will be for the kids when they're older and have to fill in forms or something!

Reactions: 9
Hosanna - What an awful name. So religious and old fashioned
Hallelujah- Just silly trying to be unique & religious
Harper - Overdone, trying to be trendy
Houston - Ridiculous, trying to be trendy & Americanised

Hezekiah - Sillly sounding religious name
Hazariah - another silly name, yrying to match the first

The kids names don't sound nice or matched together. They are all over the place, some religious, some trendy, some americanised, some made up. As for the middle names, sweet jesus whats the point of so many middle names. They sound stupid and are never used.
Throw in the middle names to and its evem more mental...Poor Hosanna & Halle....
Hezekiah-Daniel Jahaziel “Heze”
Hosanna-Reine Carina Farida
Hallelujah-Rose Ashley Grace Nadine Louise “Halle”
Harper-Rachel Anaiah
Hazariah-Reu Zephaniah “Reu”
Houston-Scarlett Aria Ramiyah

I am naming baby 7
Hatrick-Rubbish Rainbow Wellington Cheese Carousel Destiny Coconut.
You heard it hear first. X

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I'm American and I dnt like this family. Something is very odd about them.
Same! Even before I found this group I thought something was off with them. The kids act like robots, not natural at all, that was the first thing that caught my attention. Kids should be carefree and not giving perfect answers everytime they’re asked a question. It’s almost like a sitcom where everyone plays a character. The fact they they haven’t addressed Heze’s dependency on his ball is very concerning.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Throw in the middle names to and its evem more mental...Poor Hosanna & Halle....
Hezekiah-Daniel Jahaziel “Heze”
Hosanna-Reine Carina Farida
Hallelujah-Rose Ashley Grace Nadine Louise “Halle”
Harper-Rachel Anaiah
Hazariah-Reu Zephaniah “Reu”
Houston-Scarlett Aria Ramiyah

I am naming baby 7
Hatrick-Rubbish Rainbow Wellington Cheese Carousel Destiny Coconut.
You heard it hear first. X
Seriously thats all their middle names knee Houston but didn't no the others n didn't no they had that many each

I am also American and I don't like them either. But the majority of their fans are from the United States and are very charmed (tricked) by this interracial family with accents from England.
I agree & they feed off of that. I guess I'm so used to the accent being that I have family (inlaws) that are British one of which are an interracial couple. I hope their American fans Catch on sooner than later.

Tim & Ella don't represent Britain at all. They represent and act Jamican & American more than British. They dont even eat British meals. Which is strange because Tim obviously doesn't value his heritage enough to raise his kids with it. Ella understandably has Jamaican heritage which obviously she passes onto the kids. But I have no idea why they try act Americanised just to cater to US audiences. If your British you will understand this
They appear Americanised so they be 'spotted' & appear on the Ellen show (whilst it's still going) or American breakfast show, or liked by an 'American celebrity' then go viral- so predictable.

Reactions: 7
I think many people in mixed families in Britain don’t eat a lot of “British” food 😂 Its very easy to favour any other cuisine against it! Also as the mum is black you would expect the cooking to be from her background. her cooking looks like things we as kids really 🤷🏾‍♀️

I like most of the kids names, yes some are very long but I think it’s a Jamaican thing giving your child a few middle names. I do find it odd how Heze and Rue’s names are practically identical, but I guess that’s why they call him Rue.

i think some things that are being highlighted as “annoying” are actually cultural differences. This family are fake as f**k and Tim and Ella are pieces of work and I am glad people are seeing that but honestly sometimes some of the comments scream ignorance or something else to me 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I couldn't be further from religious, but I actually think Hosanna is ok - mainly because it quite suits her. Hallelujah is... yikes, but they clearly never intended on calling her that anyway and Halle is quite a sweet name. I never understood why people name their babies something if they fully intend to refer to their child a shortened version of it anyway - just officially name them that in the first place! The same goes for Reu.

Anyway, I can't have properly watched it the first time, but I just watched the Ted talk video on why Reu mustn't say he has 5 girlfriends and Jesus Christ are those parents overbearing! At one point, Tim compares Heze and Reu by saying "Heze has tact, Reu just says things in an outspoken way" ... do you think that could have anything to do with the fact that Heze is a pre-teen whilst Reu is a toddler?! Their apparent lack of child development awareness blows my mind.

What would we even class as 'British' food these days anyway? I doubt many families sit down for a shepherd's pie every night.

Reactions: 13
What would we even class as 'British' food these days anyway? I doubt many families sit down for a shepherd's pie every night.
I personally cook homemade meals everyday lol, not chuck in the bucket chicken like Ella makes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 how is Ellas mum so good at cooking and putting on a spread but then Ella hasn't a clue how to cook anything lol

I think many people in mixed families in Britain don’t eat a lot of “British” food 😂 Its very easy to favour any other cuisine against it! Also as the mum is black you would expect the cooking to be from her background. her cooking looks like things we as kids really 🤷🏾‍♀️

I like most of the kids names, yes some are very long but I think it’s a Jamaican thing giving your child a few middle names. I do find it odd how Heze and Rue’s names are practically identical, but I guess that’s why they call him Rue.

i think some things that are being highlighted as “annoying” are actually cultural differences. This family are fake as f**k and Tim and Ella are pieces of work and I am glad people are seeing that but honestly sometimes some of the comments scream ignorance or something else to me 🤷🏾‍♀️
If thats directed at me you can stop right there. There is plenty of Jamaican people who don't act foolish like Ella. As a mixed family, I would expect aspects of both cultures be incorporated into the kids lives to represe the kids heritage. There are two parents in the home.

Ella calls herself British and said she doesn't class herself as Jamaican. Tim is British and he thinks he's Jamaican. But yet they try to Americanise themselves. But their not fooling anybody.

At no point do they kids need to be brought up with American ways for views. They are British and Jamaican heritage

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

What things do you think are just cultural differences? I'm genuinely interested.

You know what? I would really like to see the vlog 'grimwades go to Jamaica!!!' It would be fun to see Tim wonk wonking it up with locals and heze getting beat with a shoe because he was kicking a ball in someone's house or store. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.