The Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Nicole. I have no clue how to sew like this. I think that's why I find the show so fascinating

Reactions: 5
It's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, my mum was a sewing machinist and made loads of my clothes when I was a kid so it makes me feel kind of warm and fuzzy.

Reactions: 2
Meeeeee! Not caught up on last night yet.
I adore Patrick 🥰 - and Esme and Joe obvs
My favourites are Ali, Mark, Matt and Peter. And Nicole's flamboyance

I love this.

Is anyone watching The Big Flower Fight on Netflix?
We are considering it but I'm not sure how invested we will get in giant arrangements. I was hoping it was more flamboyant Elton John style table top arrangements. And Vic Reeves was unexpected lol
We started Too Hot To Handle instead 😂
Is Big Flower Fight worth it?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm a newcomer to GBSB but I love it, especially Joe Lycett who I want to be my best friend forever. I like them all except Claire - she seems veeeeeeery competitive and serious, thought it was bad form to copy Nicole's fabric (think it was Nicole).

Reactions: 4
I love this show! Really like Nicole and
I'm a newcomer to GBSB but I love it, especially Joe Lycett who I want to be my best friend forever. I like them all except Claire - she seems veeeeeeery competitive and serious, thought it was bad form to copy Nicole's fabric (think it was Nicole).
Oh my god I was just about to write the same I don’t like her at all. She has no sense of humour like the others. I thought it was really off of her to copy Nicole’s fabric. Like fair dos if two people genuinely picked the same but she purposely picked it because Nicole has good taste for patterns?? I sensed Nicole was a bit pissed off and rightly so.
I find the girl with the short hair annoying too sorry I forget her name.

I love this show! Really like Nicole and

Oh my god I was just about to write the same I don’t like her at all. She has no sense of humour like the others. I thought it was really off of her to copy Nicole’s fabric. Like fair dos if two people genuinely picked the same but she purposely picked it because Nicole has good taste for patterns?? I sensed Nicole was a bit pissed off and rightly so.
I find the girl with the short hair annoying too sorry I forget her name.
Yes yes yes! She seems completely without humour and appears really pissed off if she doesn't get top spot or receives any criticism. I think Nicole took the fabric copying very well, I bet if the situation had been reversed Claire wouldn't have been so gracious!

The northern lady bugged me a bit (can't remember her name sorry) just because she kept making references to being a northerner! Nothing against northerners (my OH is one) but she mentioned it all the time - WHY?!!

Reactions: 7
The girl with short hair is Liz. I think she did good with her pyjama set this week

Is Claire the 40s one? I'm not keen on her purely because while I'm all for retro and vintage styles, i think it should suit you - some of her pieces shes worn haven't flattered her in my opinion.
I'm Northern - we tell everyone all the time just in case our accent doesn't give it away 😂
Therese is too try-hard for my liking

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I looooooooooooooove Sewing Bee. Haven't caught up on last nights but hope to later today. Esme and Patrick are great - I love seeing photos of Esme when she was a punk, she's ace.
Looooooove her! That pink romper photo could be now 🥰

• Heart
Me! I've watched all the seasons and usually go over to my mums as we share a love of sewing so now we facetime while it's on so we can still watch it together.

• Heart
Love the GBSB, I’ve watched it since series 1.

I like them all, Liz is short haired northerner with penchant for 90s alternative styles. Love her.

Love love Esme’s style then and now.

Love the GBSB, I’ve watched it since series 1.

I like them all, Liz is short haired northerner with penchant for 90s alternative styles. Love her.

Love love Esme’s style then and now.
I recently watched series 1. One of the sky channels had it to download. The lady who won was such a worthy winner

Reactions: 3