The Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh

Oh really, Clare wasn’t my favourite at all but I actually teared up at the end when her mum said I want to tell her she’s beautiful and clever but she doesn’t let me. Thought it was really touching.
Me too!

Although my favourite moment was when her mum said she'd told the cat that Clare was in the final and the cat didn't care 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Wrong winner by far Nicole should of! Like usual miss prissy think she’s better than everyone didn’t react surprised it was like yea I know thanks

Reactions: 3
I thought she looked genuinely overwhelmed and surprised.

I suppose it was a special occasion, specs off thing, like a lot of us spec heads do? Maybe.

Reactions: 2
I suppose it was a special occasion, specs off thing, like a lot of us spec heads do? Maybe.
Yeah maybe. I just thought they were part of her character you know? I can't get on with contacts so wear mine all the time

Just watched the final and that was a close thing, but over all Clare deserved it most. She was consistently a good sewer , made less huge mistakes and though she may not be the most imaginative she always produced something decent in the recycle tasks and her sci-fi one was outstanding. Her final dress was stunning in it's simplicity (yet it was incredibly complicated to piece together)and because it looked like something a 50's starlet would wear on the red carpet it was very in keeping with Clare's very niche look and I loved that she stayed true to that when given the choice.
Matt was really good and keen but tended to let panic get the better of him and push him into making errors. His final gown modeled by his partner was bloody amazing. :mClearly his best project but just a little bit too late to push him to the win.
Nicole I just never got. She was always drawn to glitter and shine and lurex and never seemed to marry the fabric to the project correctly, which is essential in dress making. Nice lady and certainly talented but had definite limits re her fabric knowledge. Also she had a tendency to not stick to the demands of esme and patrick. Her carnival remake was fab though ... very Rio/Notting Hill.
Clare's mum was adorable. So so proud of her talented daughter. Her astonished face looked like she was thinking "Oh my God, I can't believe I produced this talented wonderful daughter". Yes Clare is very buttoned up but doctors tend to adopt that attitude to distance themselves from people outside of family and friends. Bless her, working her nuts off for us all on the front line.:love:🌈
I'm delighted Matt is doing theatre costumes, that job was made for his talents and I hope Nicole all the others are happy with their experience on the show.

Wrong winner by far Nicole should of! Like usual miss prissy think she’s better than everyone didn’t react surprised it was like yea I know thanks
Wow. Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Absolutely correct winner and absolutely was surprised. Not everyone has hysterics and flaps around like a headless chicken at positive news.
Good luck to her, and them all, even your Nicole.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6