The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here we are a place to discuss the frugality.
I second the comment on the insta mums thread that she seems to have lost her way at the moment.

Reactions: 3
Some of it comes from that incident recently when she was told a group of people were sat in a pub trying to work out her address from her Instagram, must have been local so familiar with streets and front doors. I think that freaked her out a bit. Plus she’s said she gets critical messages about Peggy being a bottom shuffler, am pretty sure she knows it means nothing, my bottom shuffling offspring is about to sit Oxbridge.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
She definitely has. You’d feel sorry for her really, she seems to want to close the door clothes/fashion/social media yet has to continue in some way because financially the Adverts are lucrative and they also give her a lot of flexibility with her time and she can work from home.

Reactions: 2
Thank you for starting! I couldn’t work out how to do it all 🤦🏼‍♀️ I agree and because that her content is very stale. It’s a repeat cycle of painting (seriously woman how much more painting have you got to do?!), talking about cheap food shops and baby clothes.

She definitely has. You’d feel sorry for her really, she seems to want to close the door clothes/fashion/social media yet has to continue in some way because financially the Adverts are lucrative and they also give her a lot of flexibility with her time and she can work from home.
And now that her husband works for/with her I guess she can’t pack it all in because both of their incomes now come from the same source.

She never mentions any styling jobs she’s working on, she used to post about shoots etc, I assume she still does that type of work given they can afford to rent office space in London.

She irritates the bloody life out of me but for some reason I keep watching !! I think the Frugal thing has really come to bite her on the arse as yes she may look at ways to save money in lots of areas but the abandon she uses in sloshing around F&B paint is not a lot of peoples idea of frugal

Reactions: 6
I only started following a few months ago as she was tagged in something else and tbh I don’t really know what exactly I’m following. I agree she doesn’t actually come across as especially frugal, lots of posts about boxes in rooms and stained glass windows

I’ve followed her for several years for fashion inspiration. But lately don’t get what her focus is 🤔 don’t follow now...

Reactions: 1
I’ve followed her for several years for fashion inspiration. But lately don’t get what her focus is 🤔 don’t follow now...
Same. I do like her though and if people are messaging her about her babe bottom shuffling then that’s tit. As an aside, why do people feel the need to do that? She’s a baby, she’ll find her own way in her own time 🙄

Reactions: 6
I find the farrow and ball paint the most frustration thing. If you’re really frugal you get it colour matched! And no - it’s not frugal to save up for it and splash out - people who are actually stretched would need the money for something else!

Some of it comes from that incident recently when she was told a group of people were sat in a pub trying to work out her address from her Instagram, must have been local so familiar with streets and front doors.
Freaked or not, she posted so many pictures of her old flat as well as her new place when she first moved in as well as the areas she lives, that it doesn't take a genius to be able to work out where she lives.

Has anyone actually bought her book yet?

I think that she is conflicted - she calls herself Frugal but is anything but.

She is trying to build a brand on sustainability, but fashion is anything but. Neither are their flights. Plus she is brash, rude and stuck up. When asked about offsetting flight she just responded with “do your own research, I am not doing the leg work for you”.

She is just a poor little rich girl - with privilege in her corner and a lack of understanding what life in the real world is.

Reactions: 8
I find the farrow and ball paint the most frustration thing. If you’re really frugal you get it colour matched! And no - it’s not frugal to save up for it and splash out - people who are actually stretched would need the money for something else!
Wilko own brand paint is much better quality and most paints do some colours similar to F&B, Instagrammers seem to insist on using F&B just so they can namedrop downpipe or elephants breath

Reactions: 5
If she comes from a wealthier background then it wouldn’t surprise me if she thinks she IS being frugal. She probably is, compared to her peers. The problem is, is that a London mortgage on a period house (albeit in a relatively unfashionable neighbourhood), F&B paint, designer baby gear and holidays abroad isn't really what ‘frugal’ looks like to your average Brit.

I don’t think she’s trying to build a brand on sustainability - she seems to be drifting aimlessly keeping her Instagram alive as it’s her platform for adverts. She doesn’t really promote ethical or sustainable fashion other than saying everything she wears is old. She does comes across as quite sneery towards others and feels the need to constantly tell us something is old, home-made, etc.

I would think she’s less money than a lot of other Influencers, seems to have a little chip on her shoulder about it. She throws in the odd comment about privilege and became a fan of Candice B for a while but has let that drift recently. If the whole Influencer thing is not for her anymore, I hope she finds a new direction she’s happy with.

She is trying to build a brand on sustainability, but fashion is anything but. Neither are their flights. Plus she is brash, rude and stuck up. When asked about offsetting flight she just responded with “do your own research, I am not doing the leg work for you”.
I didn’t realise this, thats disappointing.

It’s so easy to match F&B - I’ve used the Johnston’s own brand which match the colours perfectly and it’s great.

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure it’s super wealthy. I still like her content and her newsletter was good. But when you become the centre for everything that’s hard because of your life is boring then that put pressure on to make it interesting because you need content. I’d assumed her husband still did freelance work.

If you compare her with Laura WIT, her (Laura) personal life has always been secondary so she’s not central to the brand so less pressure to be on.

But when you become the centre for everything that’s hard because of your life is boring then that put pressure on to make it interesting because you need content. I’d assumed her husband still did freelance work.If you compare her with Laura WIT, her (Laura) personal life has always been secondary so she’s not central to the brand so less pressure to be on.
That’s it really. She has a very ordinary life and seems to have removed herself from the fashion scene. For financial reasons, she has to keep a presence on SM and it must become tedious to have to make a run of the mill day seem interesting.

A few years ago, Bloggers were more useful - they researched and showed us clothes and fashion across a wide price scale. They did the leg work for us - where to find the perfect pair of jeans or shoes, etc. They wrote interesting (mostly) blogs. Then they turned into influencers, going to event after event, promoting brands, showing off gifts, using filters so we all think they have perfect skin and make-up and so on. Forming girl gangs.

Reactions: 15
I blame Instagram for taking over from blogs, and Insta-stories more so, they are the new in thing but devalue the content by boiling it down to just a swipe up, nothing more. What would have been an inciteful blog post is now just 'swipe up to buy this' #affiliatelink #ad #gifted

Reactions: 3
She upset me once when I screen shot one of her story pics and tagged her to say that I really loved and wanted to buy the coat she had on. She sent me a snotty message asking me to take the pic down?!

• Angry
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.