The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What ikea unit?
On her stories - a new unit she has in the not to be mentioned extended third bedroom - it the room with Alex’s wardrobe and also seems to be a playroom for the kids with a sofa (sofa number three in the house), etc. Toys and books nicely arranged on the shelves - kids will be climbing the shelves to reach the toys. Alex wouldn‘t dream of getting practical low level shelving so that kids can easily reach their toys and books (and it would look a lot more ‘chic’ than that unit).

Someone who loves her needs to stage an intervention and make her buy something with cupboard doors. Everything is out all the time! It’d send me west if all of my possessions were on ‘display’ all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
View attachment 1457818
duck me looks like a charity shop.

Hun hair look

That stupid room has a bench and a sofa. This woman is crazy
I get it but it sort of misses the mark. The whole point of Montessori / accessible play is that it’s child height, also it’s suggested you rotate toys rather than having everything out, which even for us as adults would be visually overwhelming! If those units were half the height & secured safely this would be fab.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just can’t believe this is being advertised to people without the “make sure you attach it to the wall to be safe” tagline. Ikea literally recalled 29 million malm
Dressers as they had killed 8 kids and counting. We just got a new shoe storage unit and the first thing we did was drill it to the wall as I didn’t want my son Catos age trying to climb it. A unit of TOYS all on display up high would be irresistible!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just can’t believe this is being advertised to people without the “make sure you attach it to the wall to be safe” tagline. Ikea literally recalled 29 million malm
Dressers as they had killed 8 kids and counting. We just got a new shoe storage unit and the first thing we did was drill it to the wall as I didn’t want my son Catos age trying to climb it. A unit of TOYS all on display up high would be irresistible!
If she is being called out she will just ignore it like what she did to Peggy’s room

I get it but it sort of misses the mark. The whole point of Montessori / accessible play is that it’s child height, also it’s suggested you rotate toys rather than having everything out, which even for us as adults would be visually overwhelming! If those units were half the height & secured safely this would be fab.
That shelf is for the content and storage. IMO they should have kept the downstairs office as playroom and this room as office.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If she is being called out she will just ignore it like what she did to Peggy’s room

That shelf is for the content and storage. IMO they should have kept the downstairs office as playroom and this room as office.
100% on the layout. Playroom beside the kitchen makes way more sense.

Reactions: 3
Omg so true, but now they’ve painted the downstairs room dark green and had storage built in, so not easy to change, didn’t think that through!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.