The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills #2 Being a mama is a slog, lucky there's 4 kids to flog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I refuse to believe that anyone asks for the salmon soup recipe šŸ¤¢
I am baffled as to how anyone looks at her photos of that soup and thinks "Oh, that looks appetising, must ask Laura for the recipe!"

Also, I had a nanny growing up as my parents both worked full time. But the idea of a 'Weekend Nanny' is a bit weird to me? Surely that's the time where both parents are home and so an extra pair of hands isn't necessary?

It was a very convoluted answer too! her nanny left in September, asking the housekeeper to work full-time, there was an 'extra pair of hands' in the evenings for a few months, there's a weekend nanny...

Plus the question wasn't even about that! It was asking if her Mum had any help looking after the younger two. Easy answer, without having to explain your convoluted staffing arrangements: "Yes, my Dad is around and our housekeeper went over on Friday".

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Haha that old chestnut, ā€˜I donā€™t have a nanny, but I do have a full time housekeeper that does childcareā€™. I heard this one a few times from some mums who like to portray a ā€˜hands onā€™ image whilst having 7am-7pm help in the house. Just say that you have a housekeeper-nanny Laura, itā€™s not unusual in West London.

Reactions: 7
Haha that old chestnut, ā€˜I donā€™t have a nanny, but I do have a full time housekeeper that does childcareā€™. I heard this one a few times from some mums who like to portray a ā€˜hands onā€™ image whilst having 7am-7pm help in the house. Just say that you have a housekeeper-nanny Laura, itā€™s not unusual in West London.
Overexplaining often means šŸ¤„šŸ¤„šŸ¤„

And an elderly housekeeper too. Why did she need to expand on the housekeepers age šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Hope they havenā€™t got some poor 70 year old running around after them šŸ™ˆ.

Plus 5 suitcases šŸ˜‚. Sheā€™s such a twit. And her stealth boasting that sheā€™s so rich she doesnā€™t have to worry about damaging her expensive bags and clothes. Do duck off Laura, youā€™re such a try hard šŸ™„

Reactions: 10
I wondered if the elderly part was a mistype, seems such a strange way to describe her

Reactions: 2
Elderly = cheap labour. You want young & vibrant to nanny your small kids. Older ladies are great when the kids are teens

Reactions: 3
Why is it bad to have help? I don't understand those influencers. Admit that you have help Laura, I would too if I had the money!

Reactions: 1
And an elderly housekeeper too. Why did she need to expand on the housekeepers age šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Hope they havenā€™t got some poor 70 year old running around after them šŸ™ˆ.

Plus 5 suitcases šŸ˜‚. Sheā€™s such a twit. And her stealth boasting that sheā€™s so rich she doesnā€™t have to worry about damaging her expensive bags and clothes. Do duck off Laura, youā€™re such a try hard šŸ™„
How dismissive is she about her staff? She describes one of her skivvies as 'an extra pair of hands' !!

I also hate the way she is so blase about her clothes and bags. She does this all the time - when people ask how she keeps the kids' (generally white or cream) clothes pristine, she's like 'oooh I don't, but they're just clothes and they don't matter'. Like oh well I have plenty of other 4k handbags so who cares? It's such a privileged attitude and she does it deliberately. What's more, taking a handbag skiing is utterly laughable and ridiciulous. And no skiier with any self respect takes a handbag up a mountain. I've skiied with some crazy rich Russians and bling Arabs and even they aren't that daft!. I also find it hilarious that she claims in that q&a to be a keen skiier. Like, yeah Laura. All you did was pose on that holiday.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am baffled as to how anyone looks at her photos of that soup and thinks "Oh, that looks appetising, must ask Laura for the recipe!"

Also, I had a nanny growing up as my parents both worked full time. But the idea of a 'Weekend Nanny' is a bit weird to me? Surely that's the time where both parents are home and so an extra pair of hands isn't necessary?

It was a very convoluted answer too! her nanny left in September, asking the housekeeper to work full-time, there was an 'extra pair of hands' in the evenings for a few months, there's a weekend nanny...

Plus the question wasn't even about that! It was asking if her Mum had any help looking after the younger two. Easy answer, without having to explain your convoluted staffing arrangements: "Yes, my Dad is around and our housekeeper went over on Friday".
Weekend nanny - because all the kids are at home at the weekend. Otherwise they are at school and nursery. So basically she canā€™t cope with 4 kids.

Chedi Andermatt does loads of discounting. Theyā€™ve been trying to sell the apartment units there for almost 3-4 years so my best guess is they have tons of unsold units which they are now flogging at discounted rates to ā€œinfluencersā€ or via travel agents. A bunch of London fitness instructors have been going there (and posting incessantly) - no way the Ā£20/hour online classes they are all flogging pays for that šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

What I am more amazed about is that her husband has the balls to take holiday during the first real working week back for financial services, esp with markets the way they are and earnings season gearing up. Canā€™t imagine his colleagues at Elliot are very impressed. Or he hasnā€™t said anything and is just logged on all day through a VPN that logs him as being in London. His wife really does him no favours with her posting.
Or he didnā€™t go?

I don't think anyone would judge her if she simply said "I have four children under five years old. I have lots of help and I'm grateful I have the resources to afford it." Four five years and under is intense. Her cagey answers were just odd.

At least Arielle Charnas simply admits she has a nanny, a driver, and a housekeeper.

Reactions: 6
Ooh someoneā€™s been on here again! Showed a message of someone asking for the ghastly soup recipe that looks like vom. LAURA STOP RESPONDING TO EVERYTHING WE SAY ABOUT YOU.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Hannah showed her 15k Chanel Christmas present so Laura shows her shoe wardrobe ā€¦ā€¦. itā€™s grown up mean girls . Anything you can do, I can do better ..

The shoe showing off made me feel a bit sick. I know, itā€™s Instagram, but in the current climate with crazy inflation and people on their arses, it just didnā€™t feel right.

The shoe showing off made me feel a bit sick. I know, itā€™s Instagram, but in the current climate with crazy inflation and people on their arses, it just didnā€™t feel right.
V distasteful. I have a friend with half that collection but you wouldnā€™t catch her dead showing it off (not even to her friends)

Reactions: 2
Totally! I looked at that story as I was listening to James Oā€™Brian on LBC talking to people who were struggling to feed their children due to the cost of living crisis. Made all that mindless consumption seem even more disgusting.

Hannah showed her 15k Chanel Christmas present so Laura shows her shoe wardrobe ā€¦ā€¦. itā€™s grown up mean girls . Anything you can do, I can do better ..

Hannah goes to Maldives (instahun destination of choice ), Laura has to go to Maldives. Laura gets eyebrows done, Hannah has expensive facial. These twats need to grow up.

• Sad
Iā€™m still shook that they have a weekend nannyšŸ˜‚ lazy bastards are obviously never alone with all 4 at once. In the week they are either at school or nursery. Smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: 4
She also did an unboxing of large amount of childrenā€™s clothing sheā€™d been gifted which didnā€™t sit right with me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.