The Fall

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hot factor aside, the switching between Peter/Paul in season 3 definitely had me thinking of the children's rhyme... Was that intentional? Maybe to represent some sort of vulnerability, like how he cares for children to a hilt.

I found it hard to hate Jamie's character Peter/Paul. I think he's too sexy to be a killer 😂 But thinking about his sad childhood made me cry. Did Gibson/Gillian have a thing for him? The ending was brought on by the trauma of his past. It just triggered it all off. I watched El Chapo recently... I was expecting him to escape through the laundry room. Didn't expect him to do what he did. Trying not to spoil the ending. I can understand why he did it.

Reactions: 4
I think this was the fist serial killer drama I’ve watched where I’ve actually been on the murderers side...😂

• Haha
Just finished this for the first time. Excited to find there’s a thread and am going to read through it now.

Is it wrong that I slightly fancied Jim Burns?

Also Stella looked INCREDIBLE in her Met uniform Woman crush, my god.

Reactions: 5
I watched this months ago and I STILL think about Gillian Anderson in her uniform.

• Haha
  • Heart
I just searched for a ‘Fall’ thread on tattle to see if anyone else found the daughter intensely annoying and thank god I’m not alone. She was 8 but acted like a 4 year old. There’s one scene where Sally Ann even picks her up like she’s a toddler :rolleyes:. Didn’t really buy how the babysitter went from hating him to being infatuated with him either but I enjoyed it on the whole, especially Gillian Anderson - also had a massive woman crush on her:love:

SPOILER ALERT!🚨
Jamie Dornan is an amazing actor and I felt he really did this character proud! The ending kind of annoyed me, I thought he’d escape and go on the run while committing more crimes along the way but I was disappointed he committed suicide. I have so many questions...did Stella get to keep her job? Will she ever admit she had an obsession with Paul? Did she get together properly with Anderson in the end? Would sally-Anne / any of the kids go to Paul’s funeral? How did Katy take Paul’s death? They should definitely do a follow up type thing but I feel it’s maybe been to long now for them to pick it back up. Love that it was done in Belfast and seeing all the locations etc! Ps Olivia annoyed the hell out of me too, wee melter

SPOILER ALERT!🚨
Jamie Dornan is an amazing actor and I felt he really did this character proud! The ending kind of annoyed me, I thought he’d escape and go on the run while committing more crimes along the way but I was disappointed he committed suicide. I have so many questions...did Stella get to keep her job? Will she ever admit she had an obsession with Paul? Did she get together properly with Anderson in the end? Would sally-Anne / any of the kids go to Paul’s funeral? How did Katy take Paul’s death? They should definitely do a follow up type thing but I feel it’s maybe been to long now for them to pick it back up. Love that it was done in Belfast and seeing all the locations etc! Ps Olivia annoyed the hell out of me too, wee melter
The ending was so disappointing and I don’t think that action matched with his character at all.. He was very narcissistic, and really do not think he would’ve killed himself. Apparently they had to wrap it up due to Jamie, I’m assuming he didn’t want to continue or couldn’t due to 50 shades and other projects? Could’ve def done a better ending though, it didn’t fit his character at all !

Reactions: 2
The ending was so disappointing and I don’t think that action matched with his character at all.. He was very narcissistic, and really do not think he would’ve killed himself. Apparently they had to wrap it up due to Jamie, I’m assuming he didn’t want to continue or couldn’t due to 50 shades and other projects? Could’ve def done a better ending though, it didn’t fit his character at all !
Totally agree. I really liked his character and didn’t see how he’d want to commit suicide 😩 especially because he knew how his mums affected him and him having the two kids. Very strange. Was a great series though I really enjoyed it!

Reactions: 2
Been years since I watched it, but I always empathised with him having to give up his nefarious deeds for a while because his kids got in the way. The struggle is real Paul 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I watched it recently for the first time and really enjoyed it. Jamie is fantastic. Didn’t like the ending though.

Reactions: 1
Watched this for the first time a few months ago and loved it. Admittedly Gillian Anderson's whispering drove me demented, but I can't stand anyone doing it.😀
The ending was the only thing I didn't like. It just didn't seem to fit Jamie's character at all.

Watched these when it first aired on TV. Jamie Dornan is my top actor and he makes things better tbh , wish 50 was wrote better, other things he as been in isn't bad either :)... his accent is just heaven to listen to 😂.. he's quite funny in barb and star visit del Mar
I hate when he has to act with an American accent, his real accent is everything 😍 loved his personality whenever he’s been on Graham Norton too

I started this at the time but gave up fairly early on. Just recently binge watched it though and it's not too bad. Forgot how many Irish Hollyoaks actors were in it! It also took me a few episodes to spot Aisling Bea was in it too, she looked quite different.

As said above, it felt like it probably had another series in it. I don't buy Paul would give up that easy - especially as it was fairly straight forward to create a big distraction in there. Also the hospital scenes dragged at times. The first series was where it really shined.