The Fall

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else watching this?
I started last night thinking it was only 6 episodes to now have watched the last episode and then realising there's another 12 episodes to go 😊
I've been gripped throughout the whole thing so far, Jamie Dornan is the lead male though I currently hate him by this point. But it's had me hooked so far!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I started last night thinking it was only 6 episodes to now have watched the last episode and then realising there's another 12 episodes to go 😊
I've been gripped throughout the whole thing so far, Jamie Dornan is the lead male though I currently hate him by this point. But it's had me hooked so far!
Watched it years ago and loved it!! It’s very intense! X

Reactions: 6
I was going to watch. Now that you hate Jamie is putting me off 👀

Reactions: 1
Watched it when it was on the BBC.

First season is the best by far. The other two are just ok but it's still definitely worth a watch overall

Reactions: 5
You'd know it was written, directed and produced by a man. The lead female is neurotic, narcasistic and has daddy issues ffs. Really puts me off shows when these women are made out to be emotionally stunted. Like to get to be the top of your profession you have to be strong, independent and intelligent but when a man writes a woman in that role she's shagging everything that moves and has daddy issues. Ugh really put me off it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You'd know it was written, directed and produced by a man. The lead female is neurotic, narcasistic and has daddy issues ffs. Really puts me off shows when these women are made out to be emotionally stunted. Like to get to be the top of your profession you have to be strong, independent and intelligent but when a man writes a woman in that role she's shagging everything that moves and has daddy issues. Ugh really put me off it.

OMG, you are SPOT. ON. The shagging and the fact that young blokes couldn't keep their peens in their trousers in her presence was sooo contrived.

Reactions: 12
I watched all 3 seasons in 3 days I loved it!!
Last season I found abit boring.
Can’t STAND Jamie Dornans character 🤢🤢

Reactions: 8
Loved it but Gillian Anderson whispers all her lines which drove me mad! 😡

Reactions: 16
Really enjoyed it to begin with, I was hooked but this last series is really dragging.

Reactions: 7
Really enjoyed it to begin with, I was hooked but this last series is really dragging.
Agree totally with you! The last season was dragged out and just filling a season if you ask me.
I was hooked from the beginning but like a lot of intense dramas, I was a tad disappointed with the end and still wanted some answers.
must admit I ended up liking Stella somewhat, more so than the beginning.
good acting by Doran. The person that played his wife must have been drained after every filming session ended.

I watched this last year after a recommendation. Think I watched it in a couple of days, intense, edge of your seat stuff.

Series 1 was superb, really intense.
Series 2 was dry and dragged on.

It's very important for me to separate the Jamie Dornan I fancy from the Jamie Dornan playing a total psycho.

Then Colin Morgan turns up in S2 and I proper fancy him as well. 😂😂

• Heart
I just started watching this last week, almost done with season 3.

I echo whoever said above, quite obviously a "strong female character" written by a man. Some of the comments she makes with regards to feminism, misogyny are just very on the nose and a bit in your face cringe i.e. no subtlety at all. And the odd way apparently no man can resist her.

The series also seems to switch focus quite quickly. The police corruption plot in season 1 got dropped quite quickly. The very intense and in depth medical scenes at the beginning of season 3 felt like they were from a different tv show.

Reactions: 3
Series 1 was superb, really intense.
Series 2 was dry and dragged on.

It's very important for me to separate the Jamie Dornan I fancy from the Jamie Dornan playing a total psycho.

Then Colin Morgan turns up in S2 and I proper fancy him as well. 😂😂
I can’t help but feel like he plays the same characters
Let’s be honest he was a weirdo in fifty shades too to live the life he did and the red room and his views and morals on women
Sometimes watching the fall is like watching scenes from fifty shades

Watched it these last few days and I absolutely loved it, didn’t really notice Stella’s whispering until I read the reviews after, I’m surprised by some of those to be honest but there are some very funny comments in the Guardian 😁.

Finished it this morning and that last episode , wow!😲.

Reactions: 3
I started this a few nights ago and currently halfway through season 2! Was initially hooked but now feel like it's a bit of an effort to watch, but maybe just because I was tired last night. 100% going to finish it though.

I hadn't heard it of it before and just selected the first suggested thing from Netflix while I was folding some washing, was surprised it was so old when I looked it up. Always nice when you find a new show and there's 3 seasons to watch.

Reactions: 2
Binge watched it 2 years ago and started re watching it last night as my husband hasn’t seen it. Season 1 is so well done! Even though Jamie Dornans character is a killer he is still dreamy to look at!!!

Reactions: 7
Series 1 is def the best, I thought the ending of series 3 was a bit naff but overall I loved it

Reactions: 1