The Empress - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I accidentally clicked this on but am really enjoying. My only complaint is being set in Austria with British accents.

I found it kind of meh, honestly. I don't mind shows like Bridgerton not taking the time period they're set in seriously, but I feel with real life historical figures there should be more accuracy. The costumes are all over the place, with some of them period appropriate and some complete fantasy, and that one super bizarre group dance scene during the wedding festivities just took me out completely. I also didn't feel like there was a spark between the two romantic leads. I'm German, so maybe that changes my perspective, since I have seen a lot of movies and documentaries about her life.

Reactions: 1
I found it kind of meh, honestly. I don't mind shows like Bridgerton not taking the time period they're set in seriously, but I feel with real life historical figures there should be more accuracy. The costumes are all over the place, with some of them period appropriate and some complete fantasy, and that one super bizarre group dance scene during the wedding festivities just took me out completely. I also didn't feel like there was a spark between the two romantic leads. I'm German, so maybe that changes my perspective, since I have seen a lot of movies and documentaries about her life.
I didn't watch it yet. Is it more accurate than the old romanticised Sissi's films (with Romy Schneider) though? lol
We had them every year for Christmas holidays on French TV. Still nowadays I think.

I didn't watch it yet. Is it more accurate than the old romanticised Sissi's films (with Romy Schneider) though? lol
We had them every year for Christmas holidays on French TV. Still nowadays I think.
I would almost say it's LESS accurate, if that's even possible!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I really enjoyed it, its lavish and very watchable. Although I don't know the history I could tell it wouldn't be accurate which is a disappointing