The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone watch this lot?
I’m sticking it in rave despite the fact I think Pete is a lil b*tch 😂

before we head into the gossip about people who have left and why, does anyone watch them?

I think they’re gonna struggle now with Disney/Disney cruise line shutting down.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes! I sort of love the fact that Pete is a b*tch though lol.

I'm quite enjoying their content from home during the crisis.

You're right though, it will be difficult for them whilst all this is ongoing.

Reactions: 1
Love The Dis. Pete is so grumpy and yet I nearly always agree with what he’s saying so...

Going to be an interesting few weeks

Reactions: 2
My husband watches them all the time! I think there must be some serious tea in the background of it all! Agree they will struggle whilst parks are shut, was thinking the same about the trackers

I can’t stand the trackers,

I’m really enjoying the DIS right now, Pete seems to have been taken down a peg or two and his ego needed it.

I’m not a big fan of new Corey but he’s growing on me 😂
I do miss Charles though, he left so quickly and not a word was said,
I won’t miss Steve though, he’s is no great loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Another DIS fan here. Loving the remote content they're doing, especially Pete and Craig's unplanned ones. Love it when Pete goes out for a ciggie and leaves Craig on his own. It's exactly like in Wayne's World when Wayne pisses off and leaves Garth to present the show on his own 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm a DIS fan too! I'm a bit out the loop with the newer members as I don't watch as much as I used to. I've met most of the original group (Pete, Kathy, Teresa, John, Kevin etc) my favourites and Julie and Corey - they're just so nice!!

There's definitely a lot of background tea! Anyone remember Shaun Thompson? He joined around the same time as Craig but got sacked really suddenly with no explanation given. Guessing a fall out with Pete. I want the tea!

• Heart
I'm a DIS fan too! I'm a bit out the loop with the newer members as I don't watch as much as I used to. I've met most of the original group (Pete, Kathy, Teresa, John, Kevin etc) my favourites and Julie and Corey - they're just so nice!!

There's definitely a lot of background tea! Anyone remember Shaun Thompson? He joined around the same time as Craig but got sacked really suddenly with no explanation given. Guessing a fall out with Pete. I want the tea!
yes!!!! Same with Oliver, he went so quickly it was crazy, all comments about him were removed as soon as they were posted.

I really liked Charles, he’s a big loss to the show, and I do like Denny!
Ryno is hit and miss,
Love Craig! And love Kylie.

I like John and Kevin on dreams but Kevin is a bit much on the Tuesday show.

I really like the lockdown set up 😂 it works so much better than the studio show.

Wow, how did you meet them all?

Yes, there's definitely a lot of tea. Quite a few people have just disappeared quite suddenly. Shaun was one of the most obvious ones. I suspect it was a falling out with Pete. You get the impression what Pete wants, Pete gets. I think he probably is a great employer, he seems very generous to his staff but I think he works the young ones very hard and has very high expectations of them. I suspect if they question that they're out.

yes!!!! Same with Oliver, he went so quickly it was crazy, all comments about him were removed as soon as they were posted.

I really liked Charles, he’s a big loss to the show, and I do like Denny!
Ryno is hit and miss,
Love Craig! And love Kylie.

I like John and Kevin on dreams but Kevin is a bit much on the Tuesday show.

I really like the lockdown set up 😂 it works so much better than the studio show.
There were rumours at the time that Oliver refused to sleep with Pete and that's why he was sacked. I've always hoped that wasn't the case.

There were rumours at the time that Oliver refused to sleep with Pete and that's why he was sacked. I've always hoped that wasn't the case.
I was hearing similar rumours about the guy who was on the moving to Orlando shows - something went on between them apparently.
all episodes that included him, had then been made private

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Wow, how did you meet them all?
I went on a DIS cruise about 5 years ago. It was good fun; it was Pete's 50th so he had a big party on one of the days at sea. Jodi Benson was a special guest and did a private concert. There was only about 200 of us in the group so it was easy to talk to or hang out with most of them!

• Heart
I love the Dis too, but I miss Charles. I’d love to know what went down there. Charles has a bit of a past and Pete sort of rescued him from it. Something bad had to have happened there.

I went on a DIS cruise about 5 years ago. It was good fun; it was Pete's 50th so he had a big party on one of the days at sea. Jodi Benson was a special guest and did a private concert. There was only about 200 of us in the group so it was easy to talk to or hang out with most of them!
That sounds amazing, what a fantastic experience that must have been. Lucky you!

Yeah they confirmed this a while back, they're a couple. Not sure if they live together.
I feel like they don’t live together looking at the decor on their live streams. I just can’t picture Pete having Mario canvasses anywhere in his house.

I’ve only been following them for about 18 months. Ryno and Deni are my faves. Craig to a lesser extent. I love Ryno and Deni when they did a few trips out to the parks. They work great together

Does anyone watch this lot?
I’m sticking it in rave despite the fact I think Pete is a lil b*tch 😂

before we head into the gossip about people who have left and why, does anyone watch them?

I think they’re gonna struggle now with Disney/Disney cruise line shutting down.
I've been watching/listening to them for years.

You know things are bad with how much Pete is now doing plugs for Dreams Unlimited, and the fact he's now a real estate agent trying to bring in money to cover all those DVC contracts he's been buying left and right.

Thought I would come over here and make a few comments as the DIS has come up a few times on other threads.

I’ve been listening to them for several years, and their podcasts are Part of my listening routine, and on the whole I enjoy them.

However, the plugs for Dreams unlimited at the moment SCREAM of desperation, it feels like the team are gonna get sacked if they don’t ram it down our throats! Really off putting, I would never consider using them now.

I understand it’s a difficult time for them, but it just feels like bullying tactics.

Also since they’ve added the moving to Orlando and real estate stuff, it feels really disjointed, I get that it’s a diversification move by Pete to help keep his company going, but it feels forced and rushed!

I like most of the team, but the amount of staff rotation (maybe not an issue in the travel agents itself) but the amount of people that come in and out of favour on the channel (and disappear without a mention!) is a little disconcerting!

The funny thing is, dreams are still receiving the commission on all of the cancelled holidays they had booked with Disney.
Pete has said financially they’re doing ok because Disney have gone above and beyond and agreed to honour the commission on the trips already booked?
so they are obviously gonna he hit by the corona but to a certain extent they’ve been given a dig out.

pete has NEVER said that on any of his shows, only on someone else’s podcast 🤨

can we add the bleeping candle company to dreams 😏

@peteykirch @Pop!91 🙂
Ryno continues to spread Disney magic on twitter I see 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I was put off them after Charles Boda got the boot. They never addressed it despite endless comments and a massive thread on Disboards. Imo they’ve struggled to fill that gap. Fiasco, bless him, just isn’t up to it.

Demi I like, but she’s almost too good on the podcast because she seems to irritate Pete with her erudite descriptions and popularity. Jackie annoys him because she’s too positive 🙄

Sean gets all the gigs and they seemed to chew up and spit out Eric Goss, the original realtor, after using his expertise. He ended up having to change a phone number he used for years after he got the boot.
I still love Ryno though. He’s the best.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.