The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Jafar how much influence does Pete actually have with disney outside of an old man yelling at the kids
From what Ive heard, he is not well liked by many Disney executives. Rumor is he was turned down for a Club 33 membership when he applied (you have to interview to get in).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I think they view the YT channels as a main promotional tool driving business to Dreams and Moving to Orlando, where they make those big commissions - but they are not profitable on their own. They don't get the nearly the views of the more popular disney vloggers who are making a living (basically with one camera and little overhead).
Definitely a promotional tool but I also think that Pete loves to play famous podcast guy...loves to hear himself talk and loves to boast about his business. Lately he loves telling people off and bragging how rich he is.

From what Ive heard, he is not well liked by many Disney executives. Rumor is he was turned down for a Club 33 membership when he applied (you have to interview to get in).
Why do I feel like I remember him talking about this on one show? Or am I confusing him with John & Kevin?

PS: what's the story with Fiasco? Is he gone?

Reactions: 1
Make the m
Agree I think we can all speculate on what he makes, whether it be 500k, a million or whatever. The bigger issue is the nonstop need to tell everyone what he spends and how much it costs. If you criticize him for it he says u are a “hater” and he says don’t blame him for your life decisions. News flash Pete there are people who earn as much or more then you who dont need to let the world know what they have. Seems loneliness can lead to insecurity
My Patreon expires in a couple of months. The first 10 minutes of the Patreon aftershow post podcast cruise was Pete going on and on about how he paid $15K on the cruise ship for a 3-carat blue diamond ring. He said, "I got a deal, it was originally $30K." I had to turn it off.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Make the m

My Patreon expires in a couple of months. The first 10 minutes of the Patreon aftershow post podcast cruise was Pete going on and on about how he paid $15K on the cruise ship for a 3-carat blue diamond ring. He said, "I got a deal, it was originally $30K." I had to turn it off.
This is what bothers me the most about him. Lots of people have successful businesses, lots of people make 500 k a year, lots of people own a travel agency...get a grip Pete.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Make the m

You should check out todays show on tipping on DCL. I’m not sure I learned much about tipping policies on Disney cruises but I did learn from Pete that:

1) he is known around as a good tipper(is that globally Pete or just stateside?)
2) he only stays concierge and feels that class of cabin does not have a well defined tipping policy
3) he tips his cabana attendants well(he always stays in a cabana when on CC) because he expects a lot
4) he tipped very well during his drinking days

Incredibly helpful Pete. Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You should check out todays show on tipping on DCL. I’m not sure I learned much about tipping policies on Disney cruises but I did learn from Pete that:

1) he is known around as a good tipper(is that globally Pete or just stateside?)
2) he only stays concierge and feels that class of cabin does not have a well defined tipping policy
3) he tips his cabana attendants well(he always stays in a cabana when on CC) because he expects a lot
4) he tipped very well during his drinking days

Incredibly helpful Pete. Thanks
I always wonder when people boast about their tipping habits, if its not the exact opposite. If you have the personality of being a good tipper, that doesn't mesh with telling everyone that you are.

John and Kevin said they were turned down from Club 33.

I’m sick of all the Disneyland vids. Seriously, they’re old now, no one cares. Why don’t they make some videos on, I don’t know, new things going on at WDW, you know, where they live and have a whole team of people who never seem to do any actual videos in the parks, except for Craig and Ryno, who are carrying the whole channel? But what do I know, I’m not a ~~**successful business man**~~🙄 Seriously what to all of these goddamn employees he has do all freaking day?

They’re not keeping us informed on the parks, Nate is crushing all the other vloggers with timely content at this point, and that shows how awful the field has gotten. I don’t give a f about Pete’s latest cruise or listening to the World of DVC grifters. The Dis purely exists to send business to DU because they really are crappy content creators who make no money on youtube. The 15 different channels is bleeping stupid. Craig and Ryno aren’t perfect, but if they started their own channel I would never watch a Pete affiliated video again.

Reactions: 10
I would never watch a Pete affiliated video again.
I’ll be honest, I gave up in the channel and I feel a lot better for it, not having to listen to the pointless tribble they spew now. It was once a great channel but has now completely lost sight of what made it great!

Reactions: 9
John and Kevin said they were turned down from Club 33.

I’m sick of all the Disneyland vids. Seriously, they’re old now, no one cares. Why don’t they make some videos on, I don’t know, new things going on at WDW, you know, where they live and have a whole team of people who never seem to do any actual videos in the parks, except for Craig and Ryno, who are carrying the whole channel? But what do I know, I’m not a ~~**successful business man**~~🙄 Seriously what to all of these goddamn employees he has do all freaking day?

They’re not keeping us informed on the parks, Nate is crushing all the other vloggers with timely content at this point, and that shows how awful the field has gotten. I don’t give a f about Pete’s latest cruise or listening to the World of DVC grifters. The Dis purely exists to send business to DU because they really are crappy content creators who make no money on youtube. The 15 different channels is bleeping stupid. Craig and Ryno aren’t perfect, but if they started their own channel I would never watch a Pete affiliated video again.
I asked them once why they didn't do more things in the park. I was told they want to be in the parks but there focus is pushed towards shows and podcasts over vlogs. It seemed like it was a tense subject of frustration. I only asked because I started watching there channel because of the park vlogs and thought it was weird when they disappeared except for dining videos and other random things on the other channel.

Reactions: 4
Fiasco's departure will only lessen the in park content. I don't see Panda sweating around at that pace all summer.

Craig can shoot nice park footage and can be good with Ryno on reviews, but simply doesn't have the right energy/personality to be watchable for extended park vlogs.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Craig is the definition of a producer I’m not sure why he thinks he should be on camera nothing with him produces views or traction plus he always goes off topic to nonstop dribble

• Haha
I asked them once why they didn't do more things in the park. I was told they want to be in the parks but there focus is pushed towards shows and podcasts over vlogs. It seemed like it was a tense subject of frustration. I only asked because I started watching there channel because of the park vlogs and thought it was weird when they disappeared except for dining videos and other random things on the other channel.
The dining reviews many moons ago used to be pretty good, as long as Pete wasn't being over the top complimentary or over the top critical, but after covid they just started showing snacks and quick service.

The dining reviews many moons ago used to be pretty good, as long as Pete wasn't being over the top complimentary or over the top critical, but after covid they just started showing snacks and quick service.
This is exactly why I started following them in 2015. It was my first trip to WDW and there were too many restaurants to choose from, so I found them really helpful. Now even Disney is giving me more parks info than Pete et al.

Reactions: 5
This is exactly why I started following them in 2015. It was my first trip to WDW and there were too many restaurants to choose from, so I found them really helpful. Now even Disney is giving me more parks info than Pete et al.
You don’t subscribe to see what new David Yurman pieces the old queen is fashioning this week at the reviews?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.