The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BIB - Oh my god! The housekeeping ads have got RIDICULOUS - I understand you have a company to run, and a duck-ton of DVC contracts to finance, but oh my!

it’s what has put me off the podcasts recently, I feel like I’m being preached to, or pressured by a used car salesman!
saw one of his DVC sidekicks that he’s hired was trying to sell a concierge package for something? Giving advice or something 🤣 (not sure what it was about at all)
And a lot of the real loyal followers questioned it, like a LOT, the comments were overwhelmingly negative, and Pete KICKED OFF about them being negative about anyone he hires, in his usual New Jersey act.
It’s up on one of the DVC lives and it turned me off him even more.

I don’t think fiasco has the personality for on screen work but, actually, when it comes to Disney he kind of does 😂 I don’t like the guy but it feels a bit like not liking a puppy, he’s so eager to impress and look like one of the gang, and Pete see a venerability like that and goes after it.
he’s becoming very very bitter, I think he’s still with Sean but hes not stupid, he must be slightly embarrassed by the difference in them, age wise, everything.

his personality lately reminds me of an alcoholic, nasty and arrogant and toxic when drunk, but he’s that when he’s dry 🤷‍♀️
even the gratefulness he showed for support at the start of the pandemic has turned to (New Jersey overemphasised accent) ” you wan‘ a show we need to pay for that show so if you feel we’re pushing too many housekeeping ads ge’ outta’er”

the excuse he uses about fiasco, and how if he “banters” with younits actually a compliment, what he does isn’t banter, he purposefully goes out of his way to embarrass him like he’d never do with anyone else on that line up.

I now feel sorry for the puppy. 😆
Understood but Fiasco's over annunciated yelling of each word he says drives me crazy. Just speak natural. And God forbid if the word he has to pronounce has some sort of foreign origin to it!!

You know who I miss? The Canadian lady (I forgot her name, but the one who lost her hair). I always loved her and her perspective.

Reactions: 1
Elaine's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me and former DIS member Jennilynn always sounded like she was on the verge of tears whenever she talked. I think Fiasco should just stay behind the scenes clicking buttons and connecting wires. Pete and John and Kevin's constant back and forth over personal trips and cruises and state rooms and concierge level chatter gets annoying. I know it's a travel channel but I do get this low key bragging vibe about it when they do it. Like how many times does Pete have to bring up how he's spending so much for this trip or that vacation or whatever. Especially when alot of viewers are saying how they can't afford these prices and how Disney is pricing out alot of people at this time. Save all that bragging about your trips and lavish lifestyle for your Instagram feed.

You know who I miss? The Canadian lady (I forgot her name, but the one who lost her hair). I always loved her and her perspective.
I forget her name but I think she was on a few of the shows that Kevin and John host a few months ago. I remember her talking about how she can't wait for the borders to reopen so she can come back down and visit. She looks like Peter Griffin from Family Guy to me.

So glad to have found this thread thought I was going mad with how uncomfortable I felt every time Pete would bully Fiasco! I agree Fiasco isn't the most likeable guy , but he's harmless and no one deserves to be treated like he does constantly.... and on camera!

I can’t stand Ryno.
I try but he’s just so so sooooo bitchy about everything in life, I don’t get how Craig is constantly called out on being miserable when he’s really just honest, Ryno is a witch, Pete is a bully.
yeah Ryno was cool for a while but I find him so negative now and his comments pointless

• Heart
Reactions: 2
yeah Ryno was cool for a while but I find him so negative now and his comments pointless
Yes! If he does news, he rushes through it like it's an annoyance. If he's in the park doing a "shopping" video, he's trying to hurry through and has zero enthusiastic personality anymore. Wonder what happened to him?

• Sad
I didn't know Charles Boda was a jailbird. I wonder if it had anything to do with him leaving the show ?
Screenshot_20210716-214125.png

I didn't know Charles Boda was a jailbird. I wonder if it had anything to do with him leaving the show ?View attachment 666609
He got a lot of hate when he joined the show, when folks found out about his domestic related arrest(s). I don't believe it had anything to do with him leaving, I think he just fell out with Pete. I never liked him so was glad to see the back of him.

I did like him, he grew on me, but I don’t think the team ever really accepted him. I particularly remember Teresa making it absolutely clear to him that she didn’t like him during an unplugged episode.

he was an odd bird for sure.

I liked Jenny Lynn, last news was she was working with Disney with creating documentaries. Good for her!

I also liked the English guy, can't recall his name, and I'd love to know what happened to him while on the show. He started off saying he had a degree in film, did some excellent work right away but then something happened and his work turned to crap. Was he drinking, was he lying at first and Craig was doing his work for him... what?

Reactions: 3
I liked Jenny Lynn, last news was she was working with Disney with creating documentaries. Good for her!

I also liked the English guy, can't recall his name, and I'd love to know what happened to him while on the show. He started off saying he had a degree in film, did some excellent work right away but then something happened and his work turned to crap. Was he drinking, was he lying at first and Craig was doing his work for him... what?
Was that Oliver? IIRC Pete flirted mercilessly with him, even saying stuff like "I want my next husband to be British". I found it uncomfortable so I'm sure Oliver did as well, particularly as he was already in a happy, long term relationship.

• Wow
Was that Oliver? IIRC Pete flirted mercilessly with him, even saying stuff like "I want my next husband to be British". I found it uncomfortable so I'm sure Oliver did as well, particularly as he was already in a happy, long term relationship.
Yes, Oliver! Thank you!

Okay, I was unaware this was going on. I liked his reviews and Pete was not usually involved.
That could explain the drop in quality if he was feeling like there was a bad working relationship going on there. Now I feel bad for him.

Yes, Oliver! Thank you!

Okay, I was unaware this was going on. I liked his reviews and Pete was not usually involved.
That could explain the drop in quality if he was feeling like there was a bad working relationship going on there. Now I feel bad for him.
Oliver started up his own channel, "This Orlando Life" with his significant other/husband Spencer, Jenilyn (and sometimes Jenilyn's fiance) but that fizzled out a while back after he and Spencer broke up.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know what’s happening with the 3 of them now,

as in who’s living where, is JL still getting married to the English guy, who’s spencer and Oliver with 😂 who’s still friends with who

JeniLynn keeps an active instagram account, she's still employed by the mouse in film production.

Does anyone else frequent the DISBoards noticing that it has really gone downhill over the past few years. I used to post over there a lot many years ago and it was a pretty active place. It still gets traffic, but certainly not to the extent it once was. Every since they upgraded the forum software, so many things are broken with no signs of them fixing them. I watch the DVC Fan YouTube videos and they are always talking about the Facebook groups. It seems much of the critical mass of people have migrated to Facebook groups and web forums are on the way out.

Pretty sure JL and her fiancé broke up. He’s been posting moody tweets and they haven’t mentioned each other in ages.

• Wow
  • Sad
Does anyone else frequent the DISBoards noticing that it has really gone downhill over the past few years. I used to post over there a lot many years ago and it was a pretty active place. It still gets traffic, but certainly not to the extent it once was. Every since they upgraded the forum software, so many things are broken with no signs of them fixing them. I watch the DVC Fan YouTube videos and they are always talking about the Facebook groups. It seems much of the critical mass of people have migrated to Facebook groups and web forums are on the way out.
I loved their daily news, the little ear-worm at the beginning made me feel great and whomever it was that was reporting kept it clean and right to the point.

Loved it when JeniLynn or even Pete was the newscaster for the day. The others were all okay.

Then they lost a handful of talented, likeable people and started bringing in people I couldn't stand. I found it more enjoyable to get my news off WDWmagic's News tab.

Opinion: Pete buying into DVC was the second worst move he could have made for his channel. He got (and still gets) so much info wrong but always acts like it's fact. He's constantly rubbing the term and ownership in everyone's faces and is not acting like he's fortunate to own as most owners feel. I'm embarrassed when anyone says "DVC? Oh yea... I heard that guy talk about that on..."

I used to watch their longer episodes too until, again, they lost the lovable talent and brought in people I'd have never stood around a water cooler with. Now I'm just at the point where I debate, do I want to click this? Who's on today? How stupid is the chatter going to be?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.