The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pete said on the Q&A today, “I’m currently between husbands, but I’m accepting applications.” Not sure if that’s just him being cheeky or if he and Shaun split. Anyone know?
I have no clue, I started to watch that video and it was just too much drama. I don't really care who's with who. His story about coming down to Florida sounded like he left out a whole bunch of detail there. I'm wondering about his prior job, was there a split? He said he was a contractor, did the contract end? Why would his husband/beau have applied to get a job at Disney out of the blue? So many questions about their lives, not the relationship.

So, Pete, are you lurking here? Seems the timing of this video coincides with this thread opening up.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have no clue, I started to watch that video and it was just too much drama. I don't really care who's with who. His story about coming down to Florida sounded like he left out a whole bunch of detail there. I'm wondering about his prior job, was there a split? He said he was a contractor, did the contract end? Why would his husband/beau have applied to get a job at Disney out of the blue? So many questions about their lives, not the relationship.

So, Pete, are you lurking here? Seems the timing of this video coincides with this thread opening up.
I confess I didn't watch the Q&A, so I may be missing some context here. But I thought Pete and John were a couple when they moved to Florida.

Reactions: 1
I confess I didn't watch the Q&A, so I may be missing some context here. But I thought Pete and John were a couple when they moved to Florida.
They were. Pete and John we’re together. Broke up a bit after moving to Florida. John met Kevin, and they have been together ever since. Pete and Shaun got together about three years ago (I think), but whether or not they are still together is unclear.

Reactions: 2
Pete said on the Q&A today, “I’m currently between husbands, but I’m accepting applications.” Not sure if that’s just him being cheeky or if he and Shaun split. Anyone know?
I heard that too and thought the same 😂😂😂

Pete strikes me as the type of person who can never commit to one man for long. He probably gets annoyed with them really quickly.

I clicked on today's shopping video hoping to find Ryno, but it was Cory. Why I continued to watch, I'll never know. I usually close the video when I see him. He mispronounced the word "satsuma" about a dozen times, adding an extra letter, "Satizuma". He mispronounced the word "souffle" too, but that wasn't as annoying as him saying satsuma over and over again. The way he loves bath bombs is suspicious. But, if I'm honest it might be nice to have a husband who actually enjoys shopping. Though, he than dropped $40 on face scrub which made me thankful that my husband isn't gay.

• Haha
I just finished the Basin video too. The soufflé (or as he said, “sof-full”) got me. I mean, really Fiasco?

Reactions: 2
Used to follow them back in 2016 when I was researching for our trip that year. I find Pete so rude. FRE had a great video of him having no fun in Galaxy’s Edge. I honestly don’t get why he likes WDW etc. with the way he seems to hate everything. I also despise how they all talk into an iPhone on camera to record audio in the dining reviews. I unfollowed so long ago but see videos pop up from them every once in a while... always a mess in my opinion.
I agree and he’s constantly ranting and raving which seems strange to me being that his company relies heavily on arranging travel for those who want to go to Disney. I’m not sayimg he has to agree with everything they do, but he could be more professional about it. For instance, I’m not a fan of Bob Chapek amd some of the decisions he’s made, but Pete’s name calling is off putting. As for Galaxy’s Edge, his disdain for it and his treatment of some of the CMs that work in the land and comments about them on the show was just uncalled for.

Someone else posted up thread that Pete seems to get irritated with Deni. I‘ve totally picked up on that! On a couple of occasions, she’s politely low-key checked him on his rudeness. I love that about her! She’s clearly not a doormat but also extremely professional, almost too good for the show and I’d follow her in an instant should she decide to start her own channel.

Reactions: 10
Pete strikes me as the type of person who can never commit to one man for long. He probably gets annoyed with them really quickly.

I clicked on today's shopping video hoping to find Ryno, but it was Cory. Why I continued to watch, I'll never know. I usually close the video when I see him. He mispronounced the word "satsuma" about a dozen times, adding an extra letter, "Satizuma". He mispronounced the word "souffle" too, but that wasn't as annoying as him saying satsuma over and over again. The way he loves bath bombs is suspicious. But, if I'm honest it might be nice to have a husband who actually enjoys shopping. Though, he than dropped $40 on face scrub which made me thankful that my husband isn't gay.
I can definitely see getting annoyed with Shaun quickly !

100% if Ryno or Deni go out on their own in the future, I’m going with them. They’re the most professional and the most likeable to me. Deni in particular is fantastic

Reactions: 10
z00UShG.gif

wrK2AOM.gif

He just exudes douchebag

I agree and he’s constantly ranting and raving which seems strange to me being that his company relies heavily on arranging travel for those who want to go to Disney. I’m not sayimg he has to agree with everything they do, but he could be more professional about it. For instance, I’m not a fan of Bob Chapek amd some of the decisions he’s made, but Pete’s name calling is off putting. As for Galaxy’s Edge, his disdain for it and his treatment of some of the CMs that work in the land and comments about them on the show was just uncalled for.

Someone else posted up thread that Pete seems to get irritated with Deni. I‘ve totally picked up on that! On a couple of occasions, she’s politely low-key checked him on his rudeness. I love that about her! She’s clearly not a doormat but also extremely professional, almost too good for the show and I’d follow her in an instant should she decide to start her own channel.
My biggest issue with Pete and that entire Galaxy Edge thing was him waxing poetic about Chapek cutting streetsmaphere in all the Parks, and how they need to bring it back. Then he literally is in the only place where "streetsmaphere" is still a thing and he witches and moans that it's ruining his vlog.

Reactions: 7
I can't stand John or Kevin. They are honestly know it alls that have to be right all the time. It really gets under my skin. In a bad way.
I don’t mind John. On the other hand, Kevin is another one who comes off as a Negative Nelly and very persnickety. He was one who also mentioned being very put off by CMs in Galaxy’s Edge who were speaking in character which he was very put off by but we’re just trying to do their jobs.

It's really insane when you remember that Disney is a private company. Pete dosen't just get annoyed, he becomes unhinged. Calm down, Dude. Disney doesn't need a self important travel agent, with a small YouTube channel, going all ape tit on them. They can do whatever they want regardless of Pete Werner's opinion.
I think his issue now is that his business has been stagnant for a year. His livelihood depends on Disney in every capacity. Some of his recent videos are of him downright demanding tit from them. He's crazy.

I don’t mind John. On the other hand, Kevin is another one who comes off as a Negative Nelly and very persnickety. He was one who also mentioned being very put off by CMs in Galaxy’s Edge who were speaking in character which he was very put off by but we’re just trying to do their jobs.
Kevin is sadly stuck in the mindset of what he remembers WDW being when he went when they opened in '71.

So he almost always starts everything with "When I was a child and my Mom brought us to the Contemporary in 1971......yadda yadda

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Kevin is sadly stuck in the mindset of what he remembers WDW being when he went when they opened in '71.

So he almost always starts everything with "When I was a child and my Mom brought us to the Contemporary in 1971......yadda yadda
Is a male "Karen" a "Kevin"?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve been watching them, mostly the cruise videos, lately and oh my Sean is so annoying. He’s so uncultured, sounds like a high school girl impersonating Dolly Parton, he knows nothing, puts his foot in it all the time (like mentioning that AKL has great staff that come from Africa and even though he’s doesn’t care about all that diversity stuff he’s amazed at how much it adds to the place.…Steve called him out but he sounded like such a hick). I picked up that a they must be a couple as Pete said they had a cabin together…It explains why he appears in so many shows when he has nothing to contribute. Fiasco is another airhead. He loves spas and that makes me miss living in Americans because it was easy to find straight men who loved the finer things in life like spas and nice hotels and restaurants! Since moving home I meet guys who think Nando’s is haute cuisine lol but otherwise he’s another who embarrasses himself with the nonsense he says

Craig is weird. He’s very monotone and droll so it’s hard to figure him out. He comes across better in the cruise vlog he did with his wife.

Deni is fantastic. Always prepared and is a great speaker. I saw a video of her doing a tour of the Riviera room and if I was Pete I’d have her do a tour of every resort room and the cruise ships and have those on the travel agency website because she’d be a great advert for the business.

The YouTube shows are entertaining and a decent distraction from the doom and gloom that greets you here if you dare turn on the telly or Facebook but most of them are poor ambassadors for the agency. Pete is going on a $13,000 5 night cruise on the wish! John and Kevin are going to a deluxe villa in Hawaii. I’d love a nosey at some video footage but as a normal punter I’d like to see them get more excited and give more info about the $2,000 cruises and the standard rooms that most of us will be in the market for.

I also think Pete has done very well financially but the younger ones are getting a bit too excited imo and are likely in a lot of debt buying houses and dvc left and right. Pete churns through staff and Orlando is still cheap compared to most parts of the US but there’s a whole lot of financing going on I think !

Reactions: 5
I’ve been watching them, mostly the cruise videos, lately and oh my Sean is so annoying. He’s so uncultured, sounds like a high school girl impersonating Dolly Parton, he knows nothing, puts his foot in it all the time (like mentioning that AKL has great staff that come from Africa and even though he’s doesn’t care about all that diversity stuff he’s amazed at how much it adds to the place.…Steve called him out but he sounded like such a hick). I picked up that a they must be a couple as Pete said they had a cabin together…It explains why he appears in so many shows when he has nothing to contribute. Fiasco is another airhead. He loves spas and that makes me miss living in Americans because it was easy to find straight men who loved the finer things in life like spas and nice hotels and restaurants! Since moving home I meet guys who think Nando’s is haute cuisine lol but otherwise he’s another who embarrasses himself with the nonsense he says

Craig is weird. He’s very monotone and droll so it’s hard to figure him out. He comes across better in the cruise vlog he did with his wife.

Deni is fantastic. Always prepared and is a great speaker. I saw a video of her doing a tour of the Riviera room and if I was Pete I’d have her do a tour of every resort room and the cruise ships and have those on the travel agency website because she’d be a great advert for the business.

The YouTube shows are entertaining and a decent distraction from the doom and gloom that greets you here if you dare turn on the telly or Facebook but most of them are poor ambassadors for the agency. Pete is going on a $13,000 5 night cruise on the wish! John and Kevin are going to a deluxe villa in Hawaii. I’d love a nosey at some video footage but as a normal punter I’d like to see them get more excited and give more info about the $2,000 cruises and the standard rooms that most of us will be in the market for.

I also think Pete has done very well financially but the younger ones are getting a bit too excited imo and are likely in a lot of debt buying houses and dvc left and right. Pete churns through staff and Orlando is still cheap compared to most parts of the US but there’s a whole lot of financing going on I think !
I agree with you... Sean and his constants ums and Fiasco are both useless. Listening to them talk is nerve-wracking. I like Jackie she's a sweet person but when she talks it's like come on speed this along get to the point. Kevin and Pete are bitter old queens. John is at least humorous. Kathy sounds just like Roseanne to me when she talks. Teresa sounds like a phone sex operator but she's fun. Craig hates everything and is much more tolerable when he's with Ryno.Corey and his annoying wife I could do without. They don't contribute anything to the podcast except bad jokes. Ryno is cool I just wish he was more confident and sure of himself and that leaves me to Deni who is amazing and I look forward to seeing her on the weekly show. I may not care for all the members of the team but the Dis does do good work and they really do create quality content for the most part. I'd take the Dis over WdW news anytime.

I do feel like Pete, Kevin and John love to flaunt this cruise and that cruise and this trip and that trip and I know they are a travel agency but I think they can report travel news without constantly throwing in the fact that they are going here and there and staying concierge level and paying ridiculous amounts of money.

Reactions: 6
Kevin and Pete are bitter old queens.
I don't know what Kevin's background is, I guess he had a family that took him to Disney a lot as he really idealises 70s and 80s Disney but I worked with lots of guys like him in New York. They were from well off families in upstate NY and Connecticut and hated everything about the modern world and normal people. Rattled on a lot about 'our best families' 'Ivy leagues schools' and 'well bred' people. If they weren't gay they would have been terrifying but being gay meant they weren't fully accepted in that world as they couldn't do the marriage/kids that were required to fit in the country club, job in finance world so they had a bit of an outsider's edge and some humour so you had to just laugh at them but Kevin reminds me of them a lot! I'd love to bring him over to the UK post covid and bring him around Leeds after the pubs let out, he'd need smelling salts!

I'm howling at Teresa sounding like a phone sex operator, so true.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.