The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, can I just say something about those ABD trips...

I listened to John and Kevin plug one a whole back which was a trip to DL Paris, and they were going on about what a great deal it was, what was the price? About $10,000 each! Oh but only $8,500 each if it’s a couple!!

Most of the trips are wildly expensive (which isn’t so much the issue) it’s the ignorance that that isn’t a significant amount of money for most people!
Agreed. I suppose they are nice trips but who wants to spend that much on a weeks vacation? Air isn't even included.

Reactions: 1

I listened to John and Kevin plug one a whole back which was a trip to DL Paris, and they were going on about what a great deal it was, what was the price? About $10,000 each! Oh but only $8,500 each if it’s a couple!!

Most of the trips are wildly expensive (which isn’t so much the issue) it’s the ignorance that that isn’t a significant amount of money for most people!
Keep in mind that Pete is pushing his travel agency through these things. He would discourage any negative talk about price if he's the one earning a dime off of it.

It leads you wonder how much money a Disney centric travel agency makes. I understand that YouTube brings in some money, and I assume the website does too, but the owners are living really well. They also employ a large staff of people who seem to be well paid too. Though, Fiasco buying into DVC and a new house in the same year is clearly him amassing an enormous amount of debt, right? I still don't understand why an Orlando local would need to buy into DVC.
You've got to admit, Pete is great at seizing an opportunity. The Moving To Orlando podcast gained some popularity, and suddenly Sean and Pete are real estate agents. I imagine that's been great for them.
But, yeah, the way they announce these uber expensive vacations is wild. I really am curious to know how they profit from it. Free trips for them, a percentage of the sale?
No hate LOL I'm borderline envious. I need to find a profitable hobby.

Reactions: 2
I haven't watched most of the vlogs lately, has there been any mention of how Pete's mom is doing? It's nice when she's in their videos.

Honestly, the only people at the Dis I can stand anymore are Pete, Kevin (When he doesn't wax poetic about Disney circa 1971), John, and Denni.

Ryno is a drama queen, and I can't stand his accent on certain words especially when he says room and it sounds like "rum"

Craig acts as if he's the ultimate know it all, which turns me off. He's from Central PA and he acts as if he's a legitimate BBQ Expert whenever they eat BBQ. Kylie is a treasure and a saint for dealing with him.

Sean is beyond useless who is getting ahead by giving head to Pete among other things, dude is completely inept. He said he never at Garden Grill because it was sponsored by Smuckers so he thought all they served were jams and jellies. I don't understand how he was a Disney Travel Agent because during every review or segment he'd say "How he never did that/etc" but yet was responsible for booking and telling people what to do. Also Sean sounds like a Red Neck Valley Girl the way he speaks.

Fiasco though adds absolutely nothing. He tells us he's lactose intolerant and orders dairy laden food and then complains about it. His speaking cadence is unnerving. He can't pronounce simple words, etc. Honestly I think Pete hired him to be Dustin 2.0 but Dustin was at least competent and personable.

Jackie..ohh boy she is the definition of Pollyanna. Disney could take a dump on her head and she will gloat about it and tell us how magical it was and about the Disney Difference.
i could have wrote this myself 😂😂
I cannot stand ryno 😂

It leads you wonder how much money a Disney centric travel agency makes. I understand that YouTube brings in some money, and I assume the website does too, but the owners are living really well. They also employ a large staff of people who seem to be well paid too. Though, Fiasco buying into DVC and a new house in the same year is clearly him amassing an enormous amount of debt, right? I still don't understand why an Orlando local would need to buy into DVC.
You've got to admit, Pete is great at seizing an opportunity. The Moving To Orlando podcast gained some popularity, and suddenly Sean and Pete are real estate agents. I imagine that's been great for them.
But, yeah, the way they announce these uber expensive vacations is wild. I really am curious to know how they profit from it. Free trips for them, a percentage of the sale?
No hate LOL I'm borderline envious. I need to find a profitable hobby.
I don't know about that...Craig gives me the impression he has no money but that might be him being overly frugal/cheap.

I feel bad for the first real estate agent they had when they had the Moving to the Magic series. He was knowledgeable, personable, etc. Then the rumors are that either Eric made a pass at Pete or Pete made a pass at Eric, Sean caught wind and demanded for him to be let go and the two of them do the thing without Eric, which lead to Sean becoming a real estate agent shortly thereafter.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, that guy was really good at his job. Knowledgeable, reasonable, non-judgmental. I'm someone who's more interested in Florida, in general, than Disney specifically, so I enjoyed the video series of each suburb. I wouldn't have watched if it was just Sean. From what I hear, Eric really got fucked over.

Reactions: 2
I don't know about that...Craig gives me the impression he has no money but that might be him being overly frugal/cheap.

I feel bad for the first real estate agent they had when they had the Moving to the Magic series. He was knowledgeable, personable, etc. Then the rumors are that either Eric made a pass at Pete or Pete made a pass at Eric, Sean caught wind and demanded for him to be let go and the two of them do the thing without Eric, which lead to Sean becoming a real estate agent shortly thereafter.
Would Eric really make a pass at Pete?

Johns constant snorting and Kevin's adb trips and nostalgia rants do get annoying. There always talking about where they been or where there going it seems like everything at Disney is so beneath them. They hate lines crowds thrill rides quick service star wars etc. And every restaurant they review they seem to HATE
But ABDs and cruises with DCL are ok, though.

Yeah, I think one of the things that bugs me about them is how out of tune they are. There was one video they did (I think for the Dreams Unlimited show as opposed to the main Dis unplugged show) where they were discussing an ABD trip they took. I commented something about how I can’t imagine justifying the cost of an ABD if I wasn’t interested in participating in some of the included activities (to be fair, virtually all ABDs would be out of my price range regardless). John responded with something along the lines of “it’s your vacation, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do.”

Though, Fiasco buying into DVC and a new house in the same year is clearly him amassing an enormous amount of debt, right? I still don't understand why an Orlando local would need to buy into DVC.
Wasn‘t Pete‘s excuse for buying DVC something along the lines of “I have a lot of family that like to come visit and I don’t want them staying with me? Also, I need DVC for events”?

Does anyone else remember the episode of the DVC show where they were discussing financing DVC contracts and everyone was like “it‘s totally ok to finance a DVC contract and anyone who disagrees needs to STFU”? I’m not sure this is a group of people I’d necessarily trust for financial advice.

Would Eric really make a pass at Pete?
I wouldn’t be surprised if it were the other way around (Pete made a pass at Eric and either Eric turned him down, Sean found out, or both).

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Wasn‘t Pete‘s excuse for buying DVC something along the lines of “I have a lot of family that like to come visit and I don’t want them staying with me? Also, I need DVC for events”?
Who would want to visit uncle Pete? Such a grouch. 🤣

Does anyone else remember the episode of the DVC show where they were discussing financing DVC contracts and everyone was like “it‘s totally ok to finance a DVC contract and anyone who disagrees needs to STFU”? I’m not sure this is a group of people I’d necessarily trust for financial advice.
They weren't wrong. It depends on the individual's situation, plans, purchase price, rate and pay down plan. Is it right for everyone? Hell no.
I worked the numbers to death and financing (with an amazingly great deal buying direct) saved me over $15,000, more than my buy in price.

They weren't wrong. It depends on the individual's situation, plans, purchase price, rate and pay down plan. Is it right for everyone? Hell no.
I worked the numbers to death and financing (with an amazingly great deal buying direct) saved me over $15,000, more than my buy in price.
I think the point I was trying to make is that it’s not right for everyone. What I took from their discussion was that they thought it was totally fine for everyone and that they didn’t want to hear otherwise.

I always wonder if it's awkward for Kevin knowing that at one time Pete and John were screwing and now they just co own a travel agency together

Who would want to visit uncle Pete? Such a grouch. 🤣

As much money as he's always flexing on merch. Tickets. Trips. Suites. After hours events etc. I think even I could put up with Aunt Pete for a day or two.

Lol

Reactions: 5
I always wonder if it's awkward for Kevin knowing that at one time Pete and John were screwing and now they just co own a travel agency together
I’m sure Sean can relate.

Wasn’t there a video sometime ago where Kevin joked that they traveled somewhere (Hawaii, maybe?) and John spent the whole time that he’d slept with everyone on the island. Or something?

• Wow
I watch the DIS a lot. There’s something about them that relax me. The only ones who really get on my nerves are Sean (he just seems like an idiot who’s only in that position because he bends over for the boss) and Jenni (JL) from the old days (she came across as so high maintenance and whiny). Cory bothered me at first, but I don’t mind him now. I enjoy how droll Kevin is. I just think that compared to the likes of Michael Kay and the Trackers, they are just so much more knowledgeable.

I watch the DIS a lot. There’s something about them that relax me. The only ones who really get on my nerves are Sean (he just seems like an idiot who’s only in that position because he bends over for the boss) and Jenni (JL) from the old days (she came across as so high maintenance and whiny). Cory bothered me at first, but I don’t mind him now. I enjoy how droll Kevin is. I just think that compared to the likes of Michael Kay and the Trackers, they are just so much more knowledgeable.
I enjoy listening to them late at night when I'm trying to go to sleep.

Does anyone know if Haley, Fiasco's girlfriend, is a part of the Dis? Or does she just awkwardly tag along when Fiasco is working and insert herself in to the videos? It's really cringe and annoying to me. Either way, Pete must have signed off on it.

So glad I have found this thread!! Been watching Pete and the gang for years!! But I need the ☕ on Sean/Shaun and Pete!! I somehow thought Sean was married??? How did I get this wrong?? I knew there was something going on I called it over a year ago!!
Craig I do enjoy as he’s so moody at times and annoys Pete I can tell
Pete again I do like mostly enjoy his rants 😂
Ryan mnnnn mostly enjoy but annoys me at times!!
Dani ahh love Dani so sincere articulates herself very well!!
Jackie is soo cute but not objective enough for my liking bless her!
Corey and his wife hardly see much of them now but really like them - cute family
Fiasco not a fan, he is no Disney expert in my mind!!
Love Kevin and John
Sean/Shaun soooo annoying it’s hard watching him talk!! Understand why he is now only on shows with Pete 😂
Really miss Charles and even Steve. Took me a while to warm to Charles but he was so good before he left.

Does anyone know if Haley, Fiasco's girlfriend, is a part of the Dis? Or does she just awkwardly tag along when Fiasco is working and insert herself in to the videos? It's really cringe and annoying to me. Either way, Pete must have signed off on it.
I don’t know the answer to your question, but I thought Fiasco and Haley were married?

Pete said on the Q&A today, “I’m currently between husbands, but I’m accepting applications.” Not sure if that’s just him being cheeky or if he and Shaun split. Anyone know?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.