Trad Wives UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn't find a thread and was wondering what others make of her? Recently on TV promoting being a traditional housewife, fair enough, do what works, but she just seems so bloody smug all the time. And recently posted about dressing up even though we are in lockdown and although she argued she didnt mean to make others feel bad it certainly came across that way. Any thoughts?

Reactions: 1
OMG, there is just something about this woman that I cannot stand. Where do I start?

Hasn’t been employed for 10 years or more. She’s 34 but looks MUCH older. Married a man 15 years older than her and he gives her an allowance. Fine, whatever floats your boat love, but that is NOT the ideal situation for most women.

Has a child but doesn’t tell any of her followers that her husband also had another child by another woman. Born again Christians and holier than thou .....

She makes her money by writing and self publishing books and by affiliate marketing on Instagram. So she is self-employed. So how does that make her a “traditional housewife”? She is just a normal married woman like the rest of us - she looks after her home, she looks after her kid and she works to bring money in.

*has

She choose not to be employed by a company ... as do many other women around the world. She chooses to be self employed. Her husband earns more than her so he’s the main breadwinner. Literally nothing to see here, this is commons in many marriages but she goes on and on and on about being a “traditional housewife”. She also has a LinkedIn account toting for freebies to mention on her Instagram ... affiliate marketing!

Reactions: 4
Her previous “successful career” she talks about - she was working at her step fathers company.

and her husband..she had an affair with him behind his wives back when they had a small child together.

Also she doesn’t live in ‘the Cotswolds’ like she makes out on her Instagram posts - she lives on a ex council estate in Gloucester 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
As a newbie here I expected to see more about her. The whole submissive wife thing (rebranded as trad wife) appals and angers me, and I think she is simply trying to monetise it. (I'm not getting at anyone who is a housewife/husband or at home with children - it's the submissive bit I can't stand.) For a Christian she seems very materialistic, posting about tea at F&M, handbags and a porsche they are supposed to own.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone else noticed she's going for a bit of a rebrand to fit in with her new Instagram friends? She's going all vintage and making out she's always been that way. She's so faux humble yet loves to brag about all the expensive stuff she owns

Reactions: 3
I came across her for the first time today on another member’s page. She gave me the rudest experience in my Instagram experience and I am rather stunned to find that she writes about etiquette.

Has anyone else noticed she's going for a bit of a rebrand to fit in with her new Instagram friends? She's going all vintage and making out she's always been that way. She's so faux humble yet loves to brag about all the expensive stuff she owns
I guess I’ll never know as she blocked me after I refused to engage in an argument with her on another members page.
tbh she is no loss in my life but I was curious about this Prima Donna, so googled and found her blog and this page.

She protests too much about her "dream life in The Cotswolds" and its all a sham for the gram. She lives in a run down three bed semi on an ex Council estate in Gloucester. Most of her followers, sorry her "friends" are in the USA and believe the filtered bullshit. I genuinely think she has mental health issues. She lives in a dream world. She hasn't got a life of her own, only the internet and the fantasy world she has created. It's ironic as if she actually did something with her life, got a job, contributed and saved hard, she would be able to afford her dream life in The Cotswolds. Instead she plays all day, goes out for coffee dates, collects tat in junk shops and sits back whilst her old man husband works himself to the bone. He's got an ex wife and another son to pay for too. Poor man.

As a newbie here I expected to see more about her. The whole submissive wife thing (rebranded as trad wife) appals and angers me, and I think she is simply trying to monetise it. (I'm not getting at anyone who is a housewife/husband or at home with children - it's the submissive bit I can't stand.) For a Christian she seems very materialistic, posting about tea at F&M, handbags and a porsche they are supposed to own.
I think she is manipulative rather than submissive. She knows exactly what she's doing. She'd sell a kidney to avoid working.

Decided to search on here to see if anyone else had noticed this change in direction by her as it's niggling at me somewhat. And once again Tattle didn't let me down! What a strange woman. As someone else has said I think she lives in her own make believe little world. I came across her via some of the others in her "Blenheim Circle" that I follow (I like all the vintage side of things) and then she just seems a bit like a weird hanger on if you know what I mean.

Reactions: 4
Decided to search on here to see if anyone else had noticed this change in direction by her as it's niggling at me somewhat. And once again Tattle didn't let me down! What a strange woman. As someone else has said I think she lives in her own make believe little world. I came across her via some of the others in her "Blenheim Circle" that I follow (I like all the vintage side of things) and then she just seems a bit like a weird hanger on if you know what I mean.
This is how I found her as well (I also love vintage things) but recently I’ve started to notice that the other “Blenheim Circle” women seem to be much more authentic. Their love of vintage clothing and 1940s lifestyle is obvious - it wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste but at least it’s sincere, and they’re also housewives but aren’t constantly posting pointless Instagram stories and actually seem to be busy.

Alena seems to be drifting from vintage into more traditional country style. She just had to post her £200 Fairfax & Favour boots for everyone to see. She seems to be constantly shopping actually. I don’t know, she’s really started to grate on me recently. I’m getting strong grifter vibes.

Reactions: 3
This is how I found her as well (I also love vintage things) but recently I’ve started to notice that the other “Blenheim Circle” women seem to be much more authentic. Their love of vintage clothing and 1940s lifestyle is obvious - it wouldn’t be to everyone’s taste but at least it’s sincere, and they’re also housewives but aren’t constantly posting pointless Instagram stories and actually seem to be busy.

Alena seems to be drifting from vintage into more traditional country style. She just had to post her £200 Fairfax & Favour boots for everyone to see. She seems to be constantly shopping actually. I don’t know, she’s really started to grate on me recently. I’m getting strong grifter vibes.

Completely agree. She's spending like there's no tomorrow at the moment and definitely heading towards the Cotswold style suddenly as well. The others in her "circle" and a few other vintage types seem so much more authentic and also trying to do it all on a tight budget as well.

It seems like she’s shopping every day! She was gifted a cleaning hamper from B&M yesterday I’m sure and then did a haul from there today. B&M isn’t exactly what comes to mind when I think about a “Cotswold Lifestyle”. I wish this thread was more active as she’s really annoying me rn 😂

I do think the other Blenheim ladies are fabulous though.

I wish this thread was more active as she’s really annoying me rn 😂

I do think the other Blenheim ladies are fabulous though.
Agree on both those points!

The more I think about it the more I think she’s simply someone who has no idea who they really are and are desperate to just fit into a friendship group. Her image changes online accordingly.

She’s full of contradictions and is just spending money like it’s going out of fashion. How many charity shop pots and plates do you need when only three of you at home? And the amount of cleaning products seems bonkers to me and completely out of kilter with those who follow an authentic vintage way of life.

Her constant bragging is very unattractive. She is incredibly materialistic for someone who is so lazy and won’t work for a living. And all the time she wastes on Instagram. She is obviously bored. I wonder what her husband sees in her? She has nothing to offer.
---

Brockworth is an absolute dump and is NOT the Cotswolds.

The Cotswolds you say Alena? Stop fibbing you naughty Christian you.

Brockworth is among the top 10 most dangerous small towns in Gloucestershire, and is the 50th most dangerous overall out of Gloucestershire's 305 towns, villages, and cities.

Her constant bragging is very unattractive. She is incredibly materialistic for someone who is so lazy and won’t work for a living. And all the time she wastes on Instagram. She is obviously bored. I wonder what her husband sees in her? She has nothing to offer.
---

Brockworth is an absolute dump and is NOT the Cotswolds.
If the rumours are true that he cheated on his ex with Alena, I’d say he’s not much of a prize either.

Is she actually only 34??

If the rumours are true that he cheated on his ex with Alena, I’d say he’s not much of a prize either.

Is she actually only 34??
Perhaps that’s why she worships him, scared he will do the same to her one day. Yes she’s in her 30s. Looks a lot older.

I wonder if she reads Tattle? Looks like her account has been shut down or locked.

• Wow
She’s deactivated her account but written an incredibly long blog telling her life story and outing her own Coke habit. Saying she’s been bullied etc