Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nicalibres

VIP Member
I wonder if this is another subtle dig at the twee trio from Alena on her most recent blog post?

‘I’ve been in people’s houses where they’ve not wanted certain angles photographed less it “ruin the perfectly curated image”. What a life… I’m glad to leave that behind now. I appreciate pretty, yes, but not at the expense of comfort, or my family’s opinion. Especially not for anyone’s approval online!’
I was never Alena’s biggest fan but I love that she’s willing to spill some tea 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

loval

Teapots is definitely changing. I'm quite a bit younger than her but genuinely found her refreshing with her baking and charity shopping. At the moment I'm considering unfollowing. Feels like she doesn't share any of the realities of life anymore.

On a separate note, I do wonder how relationships survive when one of you decides to become an online persona. I think Teapots has these dramatic breaks likely from her husband or family saying she's on her phone too much. Or perhaps she knows it herself. It's funny that her vibe is 1940s housewife yet she probably spends more time on her phone content creating some days than other things...

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
Glad I found this thread - I noticed teapots has suddenly swerved towards insufferable and wondered if tattlers had noticed! I used to really enjoy her content, which seemed pretty basic and genuinely slotted in between real life, whereas it suddenly feels like she's suddenly started chasing the influencer dream, and everything feels like it's 'professionalised', from the weight loss and sleek new look, to the massive purchase of followers, to the sudden reel after reel of fake vintage clothes obviously to attract sponsors. Watching with interest!

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I wonder if this is another subtle dig at the twee trio from Alena on her most recent blog post?

‘I’ve been in people’s houses where they’ve not wanted certain angles photographed less it “ruin the perfectly curated image”. What a life… I’m glad to leave that behind now. I appreciate pretty, yes, but not at the expense of comfort, or my family’s opinion. Especially not for anyone’s approval online!’

• Haha
Reactions: 8

itsgtothea

Her previous “successful career” she talks about - she was working at her step fathers company.

and her husband..she had an affair with him behind his wives back when they had a small child together.

Also she doesn’t live in ‘the Cotswolds’ like she makes out on her Instagram posts - she lives on a ex council estate in Gloucester 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Does anyone know what happened to Katrina? She was called something like Steps on a Nostalgic Path.
I don’t get the controlling vibe that some people do from Lydia. I don’t even see her as having a bigger personality like I would say Sian or Alena has but I could be wrong.
It’s a shame that they have probably fallen out because Alena wrote some lovely things about Lydia, Sian and Katrina (not sure what the status is with Katrina). https://www.thedarlingacademy.com/articles/preview/how-to-make-new-female-friends-as-an-adult/
---
I am very jealous of the charity shops that they all have around them - they always seem to come away with great things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
Can’t believe teapots lost 55lbs! I didn’t think she would have that much to lose.
I agree! I'd love to know how long it took her - I remember her saying she had given up sugar for lent last year.

Lots of comments asking how she did it, which I think she's ignoring. Given that her insta suggests she only eats bread, cheese scones, fruit cake, jam, and small plates of vegetable soup I'm not surprised everyone is curious 😂

• Haha

walterisback

Chatty Member
I had never heard of any of these people until I stumbled across this thread. Wow! I didn’t realise people like this existed 😂 The one thing I can tell you 100% is that the one who calls herself Mrswarscountryhome has a voice that is so fake it’s laughable. That Queen’s English pronunciation is totally put on. She‘s probably got a scouse or Broad Yorkshire or Estuary accent in real life!

• Haha

nicalibres

VIP Member
I think you can tell who is a genuine fan and who is doing it due to wanting engagement or because they feel pressured. For example, Lydia I feel is very genuine in loving that style and way of life.
I agree that Lydia is genuine in terms of her way of life. You can tell she’s all in and I love that but I do feel Instagram and all that entails has gone to her head slightly

Iamintherealworld

Yes, which was last year. It was in this group the listing was posted.
---

But Alena has allowed those people on her page and hasn’t curtailed their postings. She has become more vocal about her Christianity too and I think the whole vintage type feel will go from her, especially as she’s fallen out with those three
I get the feeling Alena's whole life she's not fitted in and tries her upmost to fit in with some tribe. She also gets involved in the latest fad in her life.

In other news. This morning MrsWarrsCountrtyhome shared a reel of her week..most of which she's already posted throughout the week. What happened to taking a leaf out of Diane Shiffers book and not being present on IG at weekends 🤔 last week she posted this' she knows that we followers are interested in her lovely life' ,she isn't posting at weekends to be with family🤷‍♀️.
---
Earlier in the week Sian did a show and tell about her latest thrifting finds. Someone on here once mentioned the quality of charity goods they find. Well, Sian has a head start and probs 1st dibs, she volunteers a few hours in a good local vintage charity shop. And I sense she sees things and contacts her two chummies asking do I get said item for you, right up your vintage street dear heart.

One of her purchases was a 1940s blouse made of parachute silk. Being very delicate and fragile, she's going to frame it.

The next day..Henousehomemade puts a story on. Her 3 cats on a double bed. Caption 'how did you get in here'. Just hanging to the side of the bed on a knob a very similar 40s parachute blouse. telling us ''I already have one! 🖕🤣. Honestly, the competition. I have noticed Sian started going to Burgh Hotel and trips on the Belman train after Hen was doing them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Iamintherealworld

Noticed the mention in Michelle's interview saying about the IG show and tells..dig to MrsWarr, Teapots , Henhouse ? Must say i do like the charity hauls.! And she mentions they gave up attending the 1940s events because of the competitiveness. Wish Alena would spill even a smidging of tea about Rememberingtheoldways fall out with the twee clique trio and Henhousehousehomemade.

Iamintherealworld

Quote as asked ~ It really puts things into perspective when you form friendships that are based on “aesthetics” and someone’s (fake?) persona on the internet. You get a real shock when you discover what they are really like; prone to a set pattern of behaviours (the same that have since affected a few other people in the community in the same way) - behaviours that are not aligned with your values at all. That’s all I’ll say on the matter. It’s disappointing to feel used, but if I’m honest, a relief to be free of taking pictures “for the gram”. Oh and I parted with the Beryl too, it made me feel sad to look at it… plus I felt it should stay in England, and be loved by someone who would really appreciate it.~

If was Alena who set up the Bleinham Circle IG account..wouldn't she have been orchestrating photos of the four of them for the Gram ?!

Six of one, half a dozen of the other if you ask me. Definitely 3 massive personalities and egos were in that Circle. Katrina I'm excluding. She always seemed more reserved.

• Wow
Oh poor Michelle! Not a very classy swipe from henhouse, as amusing as it is, I think she needs to sort herself out if she's getting worked up about being "copied" on something so minor and generic. Over-inflated sense of self importance I think, must be why she gets on so well with teapotsandtablecloths. I bet it's just a coincidence 😂

nicalibres

VIP Member
I preferred Lydia how she was.
---

I preferred Lydia how she was
We’re not going to agree but I don’t think it’s attention seeking and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a woman who’s sure of herself. I do agree that there’s been a slight shift in Lydia’s content recently, which I’m not a huge fan of, but I can’t fault her for being confident in who she is, rollers and all.

I’m with the poster who said all the overly gushy, saccharine comments to each other are just a veneer covering what are clearly very shallow friendships.

Iamintherealworld

I wouldn’t say 2 years is overnight - I’ve made close friends with some people within a relatively short amount of time.
But like I said, they seemed great friends which isn’t what happened as they all fell out with her for some reason.

I didnt say 2 years was overnight..the friendships were full on as quick as it was over.

They all met up at Bleinham Palace. After were publicly full on gushy about their friendships , the Bleinham Circle IG a/c appeared, within a year the quad had gone.

Now we also know there's been falls outs with Sian and Michelle. Lydia and Michelle. Henhouse & Michelle. But! I personally believe too many people these days confuse friends, close friends and acquaintances!.. Be careful who you confide in is my motto. And let into your personal life.

They were staying over at each others homes so early on after meeting each other. I would not be into this either. Someone you've met on IG and share an interest with, does not mean jump in all guns ablazing ASAP. From what I've seen from afar watching their IGs they seem very nieve for woman of their age. They've had people they barely know to stay in their family homes, mixing with their children. A absolute no no in my book.

Iamintherealworld

The twee three were in London yesterday. Met Henhousehomemade and one other vintage lady. Alena & Michelle's ears must have been burning.

For Stay at Home Mums they get out to far flung places a lot.

Next they'll be meeting up with Mrstrufflepig.

clothears

That was a lovely article. I enjoyed her blog.

But you are right there are some good swipes at the twee three.

I think Michelle is very fortunate. But she realizes it and doesn't rub it in our faces.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Love that Alena has done an interview with ‘Remembering The Old Ways’