The dangers of #Hinching

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,

I’m a newbie.

I used to follow Mrs Hinch and was drawn into the whole hinching thing but I too thought all those chemicals must be so bad for her and her family. She never sits and rests, always cleaning when things are already clean. It put me under immense pressure and having some health problems of my own I realised I sure didn’t want to add to them with chemicals.

I use method but can anyone recommend any other better products to use that are less harmful. Washing powders, softeners etc?i still use zoflora but just to damp dust as I don’t like polish.

Any advice much appreciated. I think it’s sheer madness with these plug in air fresheners in every room, bleach etc I never have these products in my home. I use essential oils in my diffuser, none of these toxic wax melts or candles.

I’m sure she is a nice person and I’m not saying bad about Sophie but I do think her hinchers need to wise up, chemicals cause so many illnesses. She may as well bathe in them she uses so many, it’s very worrying.

Thanks
Libs

Reactions: 6
Hi all,

I’m a newbie.

I used to follow Mrs Hinch and was drawn into the whole hinching thing but I too thought all those chemicals must be so bad for her and her family. She never sits and rests, always cleaning when things are already clean. It put me under immense pressure and having some health problems of my own I realised I sure didn’t want to add to them with chemicals.

I use method but can anyone recommend any other better products to use that are less harmful. Washing powders, softeners etc?i still use zoflora but just to damp dust as I don’t like polish.

Any advice much appreciated. I think it’s sheer madness with these plug in air fresheners in every room, bleach etc I never have these products in my home. I use essential oils in my diffuser, none of these toxic wax melts or candles.

I’m sure she is a nice person and I’m not saying bad about Sophie but I do think her hinchers need to wise up, chemicals cause so many illnesses. She may as well bathe in them she uses so many, it’s very worrying.

Thanks
Libs
These are great guides: https://greatist.com/health/27-chemical-free-products-diy-spring-cleaning

I love Castile Soap as it has so many uses and is good for your skin too.

Holland and Barrett have also started selling eco-friendly laundry stuff too:

Reactions: 7
Hi all,

I’m a newbie.

Thanks
Libs
I assure you, she rests. Her insta is carefully done and not a real insight into her real life. Her videos are not random, they are planned, thought out and curated. Each one designed to make you want to be like her, have things like her and therefore “swipe up” or buy the book. It’s all a big ad. Anything that makes you feel pressure like that needs turned off, blocked or deleted. It’s not healthy.

Reactions: 9
These are great guides: https://greatist.com/health/27-chemical-free-products-diy-spring-cleaning

I love Castile Soap as it has so many uses and is good for your skin too.

Holland and Barrett have also started selling eco-friendly laundry stuff too:
Thank you so much for your help.

Reactions: 1
I assure you, she rests. Her insta is carefully done and not a real insight into her real life. Her videos are not random, they are planned, thought out and curated. Each one designed to make you want to be like her, have things like her and therefore “swipe up” or buy the book. It’s all a big ad. Anything that makes you feel pressure like that needs turned off, blocked or deleted. It’s not healthy.
It’s such a shame, I always thought she was so nice but when she randomly blocked me and we had never spoken, I’d never commented on a post, I felt upset. I hope it was just a glitch of some kind as I did get a little upset but then I’m a sensitive soul.

Thank you
Libs

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I couldn’t agree more! FFS on the Zoflora website it advises you to contact the council if you spill neat Zoflora down a drain or watercourse ‘Advise local authority if spilage has entered watercourse,Darin it sewage’ as it kills aquatic life.Imagine all those innocent little creatures dying of Linen Fresh poisoning!
It states a very lengthy list of dangers,highly flammable,toxic if swallowed,toxic to skin,eyes,airways etc etc but it also says Toxic if inhaled without sufficient ventilation,suspected of damaging fertility and can cause damage to organs. Imagine what the long term effects are to the planet and humans all because of bloody Mrs Hinch!
I doubt Mrs hinch cares as long as everything smells of pine and lavender.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Are they having a laugh 😱 from a chemist too ! It also says so on Zoflora Facebook page . So what about a bottle of highly flammable liquid sitting there, especially as loads of the sheeple are using wax melts with a naked flame! I’m sure I also read about the fumes of neat Zoflora being toxic and should not be breathed in😡

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’ve just seen someone comment that they heat zoflora in the microwave to clean it!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Only found out about her thanks to this forum but only checked out an article with her cleaning supplies list as I’m revamping my own under sink mess. Question for those in the know: the crazy stuff people are doing (just reading the screen grabs here and I’m horrified people are allowed to breed when they’re that stupid ), is it actually following her “advice” or is this a case of people taking things too far?

Cant believe some of those comments!! How silly are some people to do those things!!

Only found out about her thanks to this forum but only checked out an article with her cleaning supplies list as I’m revamping my own under sink mess. Question for those in the know: the crazy stuff people are doing (just reading the screen grabs here and I’m horrified people are allowed to breed when they’re that stupid ), is it actually following her “advice” or is this a case of people taking things too far?
A lot of it is other people, mainly her followers, taking things too far, but they are doing so off the back of Hinch's habit of using cleaning products for jobs they are not meant for, eg, dishwasher tabs in the washing machine for bath mats, wiping Lenor on woodwork, spritzing it on fabrics etc.

Why doesn't she spray stuff with lenor and water anymore? She just uses febreeze now!!
Wasn’t she ‘gifted’ lots of stuff from Febreeze a while back? She probably has a deal with them to only use/Showcase their products.

Wasn’t she ‘gifted’ lots of stuff from Febreeze a while back? She probably has a deal with them to only use/Showcase their products.
She’s a P+G Ambassador now , don’t you know, wonder if she’ll be serving Ferraro Rocher ( one for the kids there😉)

A lot of it is other people, mainly her followers, taking things too far, but they are doing so off the back of Hinch's habit of using cleaning products for jobs they are not meant for, eg, dishwasher tabs in the washing machine for bath mats, wiping Lenor on woodwork, spritzing it on fabrics etc.
She certainly pours a lot of crap in her drains o_O