The Crown - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’ve just started watching this. Is it worth the commitment? I don’t get a lot of spare time so don’t want to waste my precious child free hours... x

Reactions: 8
Absolutely fantastic! Who is apprehensive about the new series though? I love Olivia Colman but Claire Foy was sooo good I’m worried I won’t be impressed!

Reactions: 7
Echo everyone’s statements. It’s worth getting into because once your in, your in. The acting is wonderful, Claire foy especially who conveys so much while doing so little with her face. And the writing so clever almost every episode will end with you gasping like it’s an episode of 24 or something, and on page not that much has happened, but the way they do it.... Everything with Margaret is amazing too.

I’m cautiously excited for the new cast. Sad to see the old one go (very sad...) but no one can dread Olivia Colman in a starring role either...

Reactions: 5
It was easy to worry about the recast for Series 3, until it was announced that Queen Olivia Colman was gonna play the Queen and Helena Bonham Carter was playing Margaret, and then I knew there was nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 6
Yay a crown thread!!! I love it, it's so good! Hope you're enjoying!
I'm counting down the days until Sunday so I can start the new season.
I love Olivia Coleman i think she'll be brilliant.
Not so keen on Helena Bonham Carter though, she ruins things for me when she's in them 🙈

Hi - I have a question I hve seen neither the crown or downtown and both are big commitments
So I only want to start one
Which should it be ?
Thanks x

Hi - I have a question I hve seen neither the crown or downtown and both are big commitments
So I only want to start one
Which should it be ?
Thanks x
Downton has totally finished now so I would save that, you can just watch the whole lot anytime. I would choose the crown for now because it’s still being made and will be popular, it’ll get talked about so might be spoilt if you don’t watch it first x

Reactions: 3
I'd also say go for The Crown first as it's more current and the new series starts Sunday.

Also, because I've never watched downtown abbey 😂

I just love it and cant wait for Sunday.
Philip was a bit of a lad!
Margaret - I now feel sorry for instead of thinking that she was just the party girl
The Queen - had so much to deal with, Philip and Margaret and all the other problems being Queen. Have better respect for her now as well.
Olivia Coleman - cant wait for her.
Helena Bonham Carter - I am not fan, but lets see how she does with Margaret.

Reactions: 5
I'd also say go for The Crown first as it's more current and the new series starts Sunday.

Also, because I've never watched downtown abbey 😂
DEFINITELY the crown because it’s heaps better than downtown. And educational - though good to fact check things because of course it is a drama. But I learnt some really interesting stuff, like the story of Churchill and that painting, or how close the Duke of Windsor’s connection to the Nazis was...

It is amazing how good the show is at making you pity those in a life of extreme privilege and wealth.
Margaret’s story is especially well done, because they do show her being a brat and a snob but her fate still feels tragic. No doubt about to be even sadder this series, her husband was a total bully in real life (is it shallow to say I’m glad they’ve changed actors because I really fancied him and wouldn’t want to watch that). I will miss Vanessa Kirby, however famous Helena bonham Carter is, the jury is out for me on whether she will be as good.
But thank goodness for Olivia Colman, I don’t think any safer hands could take over. It will still be strange to adjust to though.

Reactions: 4
I have one episode left and I’ve loved it! Episode 3 was heartbreaking but seriously outstanding.
Loving HBC & Olivia in their roles although have they given them both some strange middle age spread padding? They both look slightly oddly shaped or isn’t it me 😂 Tobias as Philip is amazing...fingers crossed for awards season.

Reactions: 2
I was trying not to binge watch but couldn’t help myself! I think Olivia Coleman has done a great job as the queen. I’m having difficulty seeing Charles dance as anyone but Tywin Lannister though!

Reactions: 8
I can’t yet stop seeing Josh O’Connor as the gay sheep farmer from God’s own country rather than Prince Charles.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
was worried about Olivia and Helena being cast as i thought i would end up feeling that Bellatrix Lestrange and the stepmother from fleabag were trying to play the queen and margaret but i loved it
the guys they got for philip and charles were amazing tpp and the actress who plays anne steals the show in many episodes - can't wait for series 4 now !

Reactions: 3