The cooking thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn't see a thread for this so thought id start one for coming across problems or wanting advice with cooking

My problem seems to be I can't make chicken Kiev like the shops 😅 I know I won't get it to that standard but no matter how I cut the chicken an stuff it, all the butter just runs out it an am left with it being dry in the middle, I've tried cutting the chicken an then putting it together with cocktail sticks, an tonight I tried flattening the chicken then putting in my filling an rolling it an then cooking it tight in tin foil but nothing seems to work 😫

Is there a way to do this or am I only going get it like that with the shop ones

Are you putting the butter in at room/fridge temp?

try making your garlic butter up in advance and freezing it and putting it in frozen. Then roll it up and pin the chicken shut with cocktail sticks and the likes. hopefully being colder will take longer to melt away.

Reactions: 1
Are you putting the butter in at room/fridge temp?

try making your garlic butter up in advance and freezing it and putting it in frozen. Then roll it up and pin the chicken shut with cocktail sticks and the likes. hopefully being colder will take longer to melt away.
Thanks, yeah it's just coming out the fridge an am putting it in, I'll try freezing it an see if it works 😊

Reactions: 1
I make this lazy chicken Kiev and it's really good. Life is too short for unnecessary faffing and dry chicken 😅

Credit to Amy Shepherd on Instagram.

6915C3FF-91D6-4A2D-B2FE-3BADA005FD1B.jpeg
281CB357-689C-4426-99DF-93DB10D6264C.jpeg
C03D2EEE-24A3-4E74-9637-9BC0A6CAF6A9.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
we

that looks super delicious….I may actually see if I’ve got everthing to make it for dinner tonight or over the weekend 👍😬
Honestly, it is so tasty and so easy. I'm even extra lazy and use Chop garlic purée for the butter 🤣

Let me know if you make it and what you think 👍🏼

Reactions: 2