The Chateau Diaries #9 Venetian crown while the chateau burns down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Clara Burnett did you or your friends actually meet Edmond Fokker? What is he like, and more crucially, what was he of the fancy trouser collection wearing to relax around a chateau? Also I noticed when I scrolled through his facebook photos that he has lots of photos of his current girlfriend and also there are photos of his ex who was a heavily botoxed blonde Spanish celeb (see video below) but there's none of Stephanie. Was it a short lived fling or a proper relationship?

I have developed a bit of a fascination with Edmond and I found this wonderful clip on youtube which confirms that he is indeed a ladies' man and smooth operator of the highest order. @Heathcliffe watch and learn from the master!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Obvious I know but putting in writing, Stephanie is NOT a girl’s girl. Her whole being is based on the adoration of the men in her life, however light-weight or unattractive they are. She would never be someone I chose as a friend. And if she were associated with my pals, I wouldn’t trust her an inch. She’d throw you under the bus if it meant she could one-up you by proving she could nick your boyfriend, whether she wanted him or not.
Ohhh so much a Jolene

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Ladies, critical thinking please! I could sit here as a balding fat drunken old bricklayer with one eye, and you wouldn't know! 🤣 NEVER fancy anyone on the internet, that is a rule. Absolute rule, ok!? People lie. It is your imagination that creates their image in your head. Lecture over, jeeeezz it is like telling my daughter! :rolleyes:...and in real life, please stand clear of the Fokker, honestly! Did he drug her!?:sick:
Even if you may be a toad you are pure at heart and as they say "The Friend of my Enemy is my Enemy, the Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend' and I think I have picked up a slight hint in your posts as to where you stand with SJ/SBB?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Imo, for all his family wealth and odd eccentricity, there is something rather gauche about him. There is a little awkwardness in his handling of the wine bottle and wiping of the ‘drip’ with his finger that to me, seems as though he’s not entirely relaxed (with SJ / or maybe not at ease being filmed) ?
Check also the gin presenting on 2 different occasions he is turning his hand to let her see the label, it is as if he was taugh how to do it for a customer
This gauche stuff i think he is like many who wanted to rebel from their parents or society and show them that the rules do not apply to them (mostly in their teens ;))

Btw someone said about SJ putting her hands up - like a child who wants to be picked up by daddy - sometimes I get the impression that nic serves this purpose (to be a daddy substitute - take care of her every whim and love her unconditionally without questioning and without sex)

• Wow
Reactions: 6
@Clara Burnett did you or your friends actually meet Edmond Fokker? What is he like, and more crucially, what was he of the fancy trouser collection wearing to relax around a chateau? Also I noticed when I scrolled through his facebook photos that he has lots of photos of his current girlfriend and also there are photos of his ex who was a heavily botoxed blonde Spanish celeb (see video below) but there's none of Stephanie. Was it a short lived fling or a proper relationship?

I have developed a bit of a fascination with Edmond and I found this wonderful clip on youtube which confirms that he is indeed a ladies' man and smooth operator of the highest order. @Heathcliffe watch and learn from the master!

Big disappointment there, I'm afraid, because I never met the guy. Heard the stories though and likje I said, especially the charm he had on elderly ladies.

As Selmar says in his interview "my greatest strength is my greatest weakness". Applies to SJ too.

😂
but seriously, I always wondered what is behind this curtain, sort of niche ?
Does anyone know ?
It's just another entrance to the winter salon, where they filmed christmas tree etc.

Reactions: 8

Hilarious ! ‘Charmant’ ! 😂😂

• Haha
He was ignored by SJ and Potty, who were in favor of letting the free labor stay no matter what.
Didn’t you say the “free labor“ had a share in the B&B business and rent free accommodation?

No “u” in favour or labour? Clara is a septic, right?

(cockney rhyming slang. Septic tank - yank ;))

Reactions: 5

SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE COULD OPEN BEER BOTTLES WITH HER TITS.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
that to me, seems as though he’s not entirely relaxed (with SJ / or maybe not at ease being filmed) ?
He has often shown his irritation with being filmed. Sitting at the dinner table, he suggested she "throw away the phone," It must be intensely irritating for any partner to have a camera shoved in their face from morning to night, when they are eating, etc., but that's what you get if you are with this chatelaine!

Reactions: 7
Check also the gin presenting on 2 different occasions he is turning his hand to let her see the label, it is as if he was taugh how to do it for a customer
This gauche stuff i think he is like many who wanted to rebel from their parents or society and show them that the rules do not apply to them (mostly in their teens ;))

Btw someone said about SJ putting her hands up - like a child who wants to be picked up by daddy - sometimes I get the impression that nic serves this purpose (to be a daddy substitute - take care of her every whim and love her unconditionally without questioning and without sex)
I think he was probably coached by SJ on how to do the proper product placement. Granted he is a very proud Vermonter and more than likely owns the distillery!

Even if you may be a toad you are pure at heart and as they say "The Friend of my Enemy is my Enemy, the Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend' and I think I have picked up a slight hint in your posts as to where you stand with SJ/SBB?
Help me I must have missed this one. What does SBB mean? Gracias!

Reactions: 5
I couldnt believe she said a €5k scholarship, that wont go far. But I wonder will she follow the poor sod about to further her ego, another vlog opportunity or will it be filed in the "never mention again" folder
Depends if the cheque bounced or not.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Don't you mean AUROOONGERRREEEE? I know she speaks French, has a French Mummeeee, lives in France in a French Chateau but it drives me nuts when she's gushing over a gift and waxes lyrical in English (she forgets to affect the toffee nosed accent sometimes) and then if it's a book or accompanying letter, and it's in French, we get the "I'm so fabulously French and I can roll my rrrr's fasterrrr, betterrrr, quickeerrrr, sexierrrr than you all", act = all Hail Queen Stephaneeee - Sorry Princess Stephaneeee as Mummeeee's still alive.
And that makes her even more annoying when she corrects Marie when she's using the original pronunciation of "dahlias "and then SJ pronounces Marie's name as if it were French when it's pronounced quite differently in Norwegian!

Reactions: 10
@Clara Burnett how far is your friends' house from La Lande? I'm guessing things could be a little frosty from now on. A couple of observations on your friends (and I have only looked at their website briefly) 1) Their house is really pretty 2) whichever of them does the blogging writes better English than most English people I know.

@sandro37 there's something in me that strives for fairness and of all the things that Brenda's been accused of on here, selling knock off sunglasses is something she's clearly not guilty of!
If you look on the map it’s astonishingly close! Surprised they bought something that near to SJ and her crowd.

Reactions: 11
I thought that I had read that she was using an accountant that the Trotters use. His name was Arthur Daley. ("You only get out of life what you put in and a bit more if you can find a couple of mugs.”)
For the benefit of younger Tattlers or those who do not live in the UK, Arthur Daley was a dodgy wheeler dealer from the TV series, Minder.
Lovely man, knew him well with his plaid jacket. Actually compared to Jill from NZ (see later blogs) he is salt of the earch, honest and professional.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Brenda has given a huge explaination about dropping to the minimum patreon payout to the LOTL. Most of her post is indirectly aimed at tattle. Both on the fan groups moving in a different direction that just Lala land now
I admit to feeling rather more sympathetic to Brenda now. It seems she may be seeing through the cracks a bit. Good for her!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
[
I admit to feeling rather more sympathetic to Brenda now. It seems she may be seeing through the cracks a bit. Good for her!
I felt more sympathy for Brenda too - I actually think she's very kind but just a bit misguided.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.