The Chateau Diaries #9 Venetian crown while the chateau burns down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How does Gerry act when visiting? Is he of any help or just the court jester?
He might be one of the ones closest to who he actually is. Remember he got wheeled in into this 'family' a long long time ago and his adoration for his 'sister' is about all that is driving him. But these are just observations from the vlog, I have never met him in person.

Obvious I know but putting in writing, Stephanie is NOT a girl’s girl. Her whole being is based on the adoration of the men in her life, however light-weight or unattractive they are. She would never be someone I chose as a friend. And if she were associated with my pals, I wouldn’t trust her an inch. She’d throw you under the bus if it meant she could one-up you by proving she could nick your boyfriend, whether she wanted him or not.
So accurate a description it's almost as if you know her personally.

Reactions: 9
I actually don't mind SJ but the thing that really irritates is the amount of jobs she starts and never finishes, even with about 400 people on hand.

Examples being:-

Waxing lyrical over those (quite expense) church benches that Ian brought in his van in the summer and sold to her, they didn't even have feet/a base so were despatched off to Selmar's work room for him to make some........never to be seen again, must have been at least 6 months ago.....

The Peacock bedroom - what was the point of getting Selmar to dismantle that large built in cupboard only to leave a grotty, stained large section of wall exposed that then has to be covered up with a charity shop net curtain because the room is still used for paying guests..... she made at least 2/3 videos about the dismantle and looking at wallpaper samples etc, even getting the Marquis family in to talk about the decor.....never mentioned again, no wallpaper ordered, the room still has the net curtain up over 6 months later...... Why not just have left the bloody cupboard there for another year or two which is how long it will be before that room is decorated. I mean its obvious why, she has dangled the bait now and is waiting for one of the wallpaper suppliers to offer her it for free but its still annoying!

These childish whims to play with a new toy/project and then lose interest after 10 minutes are so frustrating to watch!
These are all such easy wins and could be completed in a day or two, it can't be about money as there is plenty rolling in now, or time because lockdown, yet she has already moved on to the downstairs toilet, china room, amphitheatre - and yes I agree with the previous poster the amphitheatre mention was defo for our benefit!

We see you LOTL
I believe the church benches are painted blue now and already in church. But I do like to see those tiles for the kitchen made from her fathers sketches. Also the compost, the new chickenhouse, the pergola in the garden, the balkony for Isabelle, the loo, etc

Reactions: 7
Don't tell me you actually still think she's not?
Yeah, sure she is better off as she used to be but I actually want to see her finishing those projects. Those will take a couple of years. I don't mind if she drinks champagne in costumes or has a vacation or two in Dubai or Venice if she keeps posting. Buying an expensive candle or some Brocante stuff are peanuts to me and part of the deal. What else to watch if not her?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Don't tell me you actually still think she's not?
??? Think she is not back on her feet do you mean? Unless she has a book deal. Merch deal or own tv show. She has (only) made about USD250 -300k net in my estimates Feb - Dec 2020

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Agree on that one happened on mine a few years ago😎😎😎
Damage control mode? @Raspberrybrulee

I give Dear Brenda one thing, maybe she doesnt listen to others but she is definitely an avid reader ;) and I am glad that some people can achieve a self reflection even when at her age and mind set(state) even if it was preventative in case we dig some stuff as we dig Jill' skeletons, DB already asured us that there is no need and she is just the old lady in the armchair from ireland
Actions speak always louder and to publicly chose to not to be patreon and to explain that she is not living lavishly as Steffi at the slightest not even partying was a step into the right direction and what ive read was the first decent thing from her FB kingdom (if I just skip the poor me part)

Hope some more will follow

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Clara Burnett how far is your friends' house from La Lande? I'm guessing things could be a little frosty from now on. A couple of observations on your friends (and I have only looked at their website briefly) 1) Their house is really pretty 2) whichever of them does the blogging writes better English than most English people I know.

@sandro37 there's something in me that strives for fairness and of all the things that Brenda's been accused of on here, selling knock off sunglasses is something she's clearly not guilty of!

Reactions: 15
Where in SA is the holiday home? Near to Cape Town?
Beach House in Southbroom she says it in her video about trip to SA, rent/ed/s it with Air Bnb

Did BG really wear a mask at Lalaland, can't remember that ? Sitting on the sofa in the Grand Salon being "entertained" she was, Dana posted photo on Fb or Insta.

Reactions: 6
He might be one of the ones closest to who he actually is. Remember he got wheeled in into this 'family' a long long time ago and his adoration for his 'sister' is about all that is driving him. But these are just observations from the vlog, I have never met him in person.

So accurate a description it's almost as if you know her personally.
😊. Clara, I really wish I could say I did ! I’m so envious that you’ve seen her in the wild 😁

• Haha
Interesting. I do get the impression that she and Nic are on a ‘different’ deeper attachment level than she and Potty. I’d love to know what Marie thinks about their annual Scotland trip and their mutual devotion generally. Not suggesting physical relationship there but Marie sure is a class act. I get the feeling that without Nic’s emotional support LOTL wouldn’t be quite so full of herself. Potty is there rather more for flirtation and to feed her ego.
I don't believe she has any depth at all. It's her exerting her control.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Clara Burnett how far is your friends' house from La Lande? I'm guessing things could be a little frosty from now on. A couple of observations on your friends (and I have only looked at their website briefly) 1) Their house is really pretty 2) whichever of them does the blogging writes better English than most English people I know.

@sandro37 there's something in me that strives for fairness and of all the things that Brenda's been accused of on here, selling knock off sunglasses is something she's clearly not guilty of!
They are like a 5 minute drive away, I gathered, but live a completely different life style so I doubt they will run into each other, unless at the grocery store, but SJ has her minions for that. I only know their house from the pictures as I've never been, but it seems pretty fairy tale to me. My friends are both writers, one of them writes books, the other used to write theatre plays, not sure if he still does, but he's the one doing the blogs,. They used to think that their creativity was what's gotten them a seat at the table, being an interesting artsy addition to the conversation, always having something to talk about. Until what they were talking about wasn't sweet enough for SJ.

Reactions: 12
Maybe the other group can take over fan duties now that BG has dropped out? Oh wait, the one leading that group fell out of love with SJ too...

I know for a fact that in the whole ordeal with my friends Nic voted to send the homophobes away instead of my friends, because of his moral convictions, or so SJ claimed later. He was ignored by SJ and Potty, who were in favor of letting the free labor stay no matter what. But since they form a tripod, Nic got back in line with SJ soon enough when she needed protection from my 'cyber bullying friends' (his words)
So glad to hear that there is someone at the shat-o with morals, who can give support where it is rightly due. How lucky is LOTL to have a person in her life - not only as a rational soundboard but also to be so utterly devoted to her. Not one teeny weeny bit surprised to learn Potty sided with SJ and the free chain gang labour.

Reactions: 6
Obvious I know but putting in writing, Stephanie is NOT a girl’s girl. Her whole being is based on the adoration of the men in her life, however light-weight or unattractive they are. She would never be someone I chose as a friend. And if she were associated with my pals, I wouldn’t trust her an inch. She’d throw you under the bus if it meant she could one-up you by proving she could nick your boyfriend, whether she wanted him or not.
But if you say it to the men they think you're just jealous. Nah, just more astute than you.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I totally thought that too at the time. There was absolute pleasure in wrapping the presents and I had one of my moments of giving her the benefit and thinking “ahh she’s not so bad” but it just doesn’t last long. It’s like she has a dual personality. Two faces. Two personas. The frumpy plain unselfconscious decent ok person then the Demanding Diva person and it’s really hard to marry the two.
Hmm :unsure:
my impression was a little bit different: 45year old woman acting like a child.
Have had more moments like this, e.g. when she explains very seriously several minutes why she chose this wrapping paper with that ribbon.

And no wrapping paper for Dans family.
You have to respect class boundaries.
Dan has a "front room", no "salon".

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I was told by Yvonne VA that Jill had replied to me about the Covid situation when I commented on the YouTube videos about them all mixing & mingling at Xmas. So they're across all 'negativity'. Bless 'em. I mean seriously, do they lack any critical thinking of their own? Do they not look any further than the skin deep facade of the all fur coat & no knickers party girl? I know her older workers may not be across social media as much as younger people, but it takes a nano second to find evidence of a lifestyle which shows no gainful employment, constant travelling & cocktail drinking. Pennies should be dropping not just into her coffers but into their heads. If I were Natti, Selmar & Marie I would really be thinking how this behaviour of lazy liftestyle, partying & grifting reflects on their future prospects unless they intend to stay in LaLa land for ever. Recruiters regularly scour social media before interviewing prospective job candidates, I know I have. And if a CV says I go to church & read & their photos tell a different tale then they don't make the first cut.
When I was hiring I always went for the applicant who wasn't even on FB et al

:coffee::giggle: Coffee and Tattle on the sofa in the livingroom (I refer to the Daily Mail article). What can I report, - biscuitgate continues:LOL: The same woman who put out biscuits with fancy decor "Look what I have baked!" and then got hammered by people who could prove that she had found the photo and not baked (the CRIME!) well, she has posted the SAME biscuit photo again. This time she writes "Not my photo, etc". She loves posting that photo. That is her perogative. 👊
Now, this time my wife is the sad facebook lurker, we share an account to participate in groups to do with school. She is under strict instructions from the boss (me) not to post any photos of the kids, or anything else for that matter. I have to bribe her to stay off instagram too. Anyway, I told her about biscuitgate at dinner table and she almost choked laughing, so now she has investigated this group (not Tattle, that is strictly my secret🕵️‍♂️) "Chateau Chronicles" on facebook, and she finds it funny. So anyway, she found the new biscuit photo :LOL: and I could confirm it is the SAME one. Compared to the brilliant sleuth who found out that Jill Scott is a crook, I know biscuitgate fades into insignificance, but it is still part of a picture :unsure: All these "benign" superfans who are so devoted to our sweet narsissistic heroine, may not be so benign after all!?! A few of them are thinking "what is in this for me?" and tries to create their own networks to gain from. Some lie about photos they post, others start groups and want to arrange tours, they jump on the train and off they go! Toot tooot VERY interesting watching the lunatic train of liars go 😳🚂 I am very impressed that Tattlers come up with, not only ex boyfriends and leopard tights, but financial fraud ;) Deem yourself commended.
Too funny. But you’d better be hoping your wife doesn’t get so involved that she falls down the rabbit home into Tattle with you/us .... beware of the trail of crumbs that Biscuitgate may leave behind (look out, she’s BEHIND you !) 😉 🍪 🎩 🐰 🐇

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I suspect the poor husband was the one doing the "fleeing". Greg Clark has swam for charity and seems pretty decent, nothing suspect or outrageous about him on the 'net.

From what we have heard from @Clara Burnett - SJ is a gaslighter - so it would not surprise me if she made the man's life a living hell. Boy, did that man dodge a bullet; imagine being married to an old infant for the rest of your life. I do see people trapped in marriages like this, and the longer they remain invested, the more difficult it is to escape or see the light. Methinks poor Nic Larkin fell hard in the early days and, when she puts on that innocent, lost child look (narcissists' favourite manipulative tactic) he just cannot help himself. His lovely Marie has a child to raise, so she probably puts up with a lot to give her son a stepfather - I hope that Nic appreciates the beautiful and classy woman by his side. The fact that his first loyalty is to SSB (she who shouts from the balcony) makes me profoundly sad; it is only a reminder of how there is sometimes no justice in this world.
SJ reminds me of Nancy Reagan when she nestled under Ronnie's chin (or armpit) and looked up to him with that doe eyed cocker spaniel "do for me" look. I've only seen one thing worse is when I saw an Australian man with his Filipino wife and she was spoon feeding him with a teaspoon like a baby. Gag time - but SJ could maybe use that move in her repertoire?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.