The Chateau Diaries #9 Venetian crown while the chateau burns down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very wise words, Clara!

This whole saga just shows how gullible some people are... I can understand following SJ and CD for entertainment/escapism values, but so many people just seem to be completely blind to anything remotely negative about it. My approach to most people/things is to take them with a pinch of salt, in general but DEFINITELY online! – some might call me cynical but I think that's plain common sense. Sadly it seems a lot of people don't approach things that way, which is what makes the willingness of these folk to take advantage of their audience so reproachable.
Yes LB89 but isn't that like life in general like a great big Ponzi scheme I see SJ's "Patreon" set up as a Ponzi scheme - $5 a month and you get a little carrot of satisfaction and "reward" Sj gives out just a little glimpse of thigh, a little secret giggle and promise of more to come. Pay more and the secret door to her inner world will open a crack. Work up to the higher level and the door opens just a little more - a special access to secrets just beyween you and SJ. You reveal your favourites (if it's say Selmar) you will get a special clip from Selmar "just for you" - your gift/s will be especially acknowledged, squealed and gushed over. If you have sent anything which is part of a business/promotion for your enterprise you will get special acknowledgement but only if you are a top Patreon. To be fair there have been some products (make your own gin, there was a glitter/sparkle product to put in cocktails) but nothing seems to get promoted or the senders fully identified (even a web site address overlaid at the bottom of the screen would be fair seeing as how the gift sent in those cases is usually quite expensive) unless SJ benefits. Notice how she burns rubber to grab anything decent?
Anyway Bernie Madhoff dangled high return on $$ - If people are stupid enough to part with their money in return for a frisson of personal acknowledgement from a narcissistic princess - go for it. A lottery ticket is just the same just a legal Ponzi scheme.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I noticed that tense exchange too... I wonder why she didn't edit that scene out... 🤔

I thought Philly and Flower didn't eat due to their dietary issues, SJ was too busy frothing about the crown to eat so that just left Natti to chow down

Reactions: 8
He's the tall, softspoken, dark haired landscape architect from Belgium (Brussels).
To me he has small dark beady eyes, which reminds me of a Tintin comic character....
No, that was David the bike shorts guy. Davy is a landscape (r...architect) and he's helping with plans, he's Dutch, tall and eyebrowsy. Very earnest.
Oh the one that was over for Christmas, got it, thanks!

Reactions: 6
I actually don't mind SJ but the thing that really irritates is the amount of jobs she starts and never finishes, even with about 400 people on hand.

Examples being:-

Waxing lyrical over those (quite expense) church benches that Ian brought in his van in the summer and sold to her, they didn't even have feet/a base so were despatched off to Selmar's work room for him to make some........never to be seen again, must have been at least 6 months ago.....

The Peacock bedroom - what was the point of getting Selmar to dismantle that large built in cupboard only to leave a grotty, stained large section of wall exposed that then has to be covered up with a charity shop net curtain because the room is still used for paying guests..... she made at least 2/3 videos about the dismantle and looking at wallpaper samples etc, even getting the Marquis family in to talk about the decor.....never mentioned again, no wallpaper ordered, the room still has the net curtain up over 6 months later...... Why not just have left the bloody cupboard there for another year or two which is how long it will be before that room is decorated. I mean its obvious why, she has dangled the bait now and is waiting for one of the wallpaper suppliers to offer her it for free but its still annoying!

These childish whims to play with a new toy/project and then lose interest after 10 minutes are so frustrating to watch!
These are all such easy wins and could be completed in a day or two, it can't be about money as there is plenty rolling in now, or time because lockdown, yet she has already moved on to the downstairs toilet, china room, amphitheatre - and yes I agree with the previous poster the amphitheatre mention was defo for our benefit!

We see you LOTL

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes LB89 but isn't that like life in general like a great big Ponzi scheme I see SJ's "Patreon" set up as a Ponzi scheme - $5 a month and you get a little carrot of satisfaction and "reward" Sj gives out just a little glimpse of thigh, a little secret giggle and promise of more to come. Pay more and the secret door to her inner world will open a crack. Work up to the higher level and the door opens just a little more - a special access to secrets just beyween you and SJ. You reveal your favourites (if it's say Selmar) you will get a special clip from Selmar "just for you" - your gift/s will be especially acknowledged, squealed and gushed over. If you have sent anything which is part of a business/promotion for your enterprise you will get special acknowledgement but only if you are a top Patreon. To be fair there have been some products (make your own gin, there was a glitter/sparkle product to put in cocktails) but nothing seems to get promoted or the senders fully identified (even a web site address overlaid at the bottom of the screen would be fair seeing as how the gift sent in those cases is usually quite expensive) unless SJ benefits. Notice how she burns rubber to grab anything decent?
Anyway Bernie Madhoff dangled high return on $$ - If people are stupid enough to part with their money in return for a frisson of personal acknowledgement from a narcissistic princess - go for it. A lottery ticket is just the same just a legal Ponzi scheme.
I am patron because I fell for the peachicks 😂

I’ve just had a horrifying thought. What if there is a tear in the matrix (perhaps caused by an over active hedgehog) and we are all unwilling and willing participants in some sort of “June’s Journey” detective storyline in an alternative reality? The only way out is to pay Patreon money to any of the Pethericks (Trotters) clan or to our LOTLL. Nati is the matrix oracle and Ruby and Diesel hold the keys to the portal back to reality. I think I need a lie down.
Who was this guy again who said:"fake news"?

That house isn't going to fall down in her lifetime or mine.
I actually feel SJ is this kind of person who would burn the place down once she leaves. Just for drama purposes.... To take one final pic.... Like Nero

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I have just endured the "A life of Freedom" pod cast. Pass the sick bucket.
SJ says during it that her employers said she could work from home if she bought a place in France. But then mentioned job as administrator for parents nursing home (nepotism) (especially when it's clear how s**t she is at lala land admin Inc getting her car reregistered) and opera singing. Can't see either of those as working from home jobs so she has omitted something from her CV that she's not proud of or was not very good at.

Due the nature of work away volunteers being within a specific age bracket I am curious as to how the dynamics will be in 5 or 10 years when she is post Meno and all the sweets and shortbread biscuits have had their impact and there is a greater age gap between her and the kids.
AND she should cut down on the blonde highlights and let her natural brown roots grow out - are there any hairdressers on here who could kindly point out to her that blondes age quicker - I think Mummy's hair is lighter due to (a) grey and (b) out in the sun more. SJ seems to want to keep that pale wan "do for me" look like she is going to swoon any moment and needs some knight in shining armour to gather her into his arms. Sorry SJ Sir Lancelot is away with Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny at the moment and in any case his heart belongs to Guinevere (not that that would stop you if you wanted to get your hooks into any man) - she is the personification of "Predatory Female". Ladies lock up your husbands - meouw!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I am patron because I fell for the peachicks 😂

Who was this guy again who said:"fake news"?

I actually feel SJ is this kind of person who would burn the place down once she leaves. Just for drama purposes.... To take one final pic.... Like Nero
Isn't that what trump is currently doing? If you can't slam the door hard enough lock the door and throw away the key or remove the door knob and take it with you

Yeah, but back then...
is Workaway like Woof (I think) here in Australia for young tourists/backpackers who do the farm/fruit picking jobs etc ? If so, don't they have handymen/odd job men in France. I thought it had to be work that no one else was available to do?

Reactions: 4
Well I guess he always has dancing shoes lady... I swear, the most annoying and irritating aspect of this whole chateaux ecosystem are the rabid psychotic and very much cringe ‘super fans’.
Absolutely that shoe-gate episode was off the charts cringe, LMFAO. Poor Selmar

The rabid fans are without a doubt the most cringe inducing aspect of this whole circus!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Content, and it makes the property worth more. Heating is boring. If youtube is her income, she's making the right decision. That house isn't going to fall down in her lifetime or mine.
eta: I really like Davey. I know someone a lot like him, and he's a trippy, inspirational guy too. I learned all my permaculture, using the garden like a forest floor knowledge from him. What they are planning isn't stupid, it's just not the building.
I disagree. The lack of insulation and heating makes it freezing cold for volunteers, paid help, guests, workshop attendees and SJ. It's a mute point. She doesn't gave the funds currently or likely ongoing to compleye all these schemes and tend to the gardens. Did you miss the extension to the kitchen which she called an orangery. That is not what an orangery is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
My mum left me outside the butchers once and went home just with her shopping (was in pram, early 70's) it wasn't until nan asked her if she forgotten something that she ran back to get me 😂 😂

He simply knows how to use a camera well but his work has no essence. He isn't talented as an artist which the drawings in the red bathroom show.

What? That picture he took when they all had the sparklers spelling LaLande was awesome!! You know, the night she got the UTI.
My mum left me outside the butchers once and went home just with her shopping (was in pram, early 70's) it wasn't until nan asked her if she forgotten something that she ran back to get me 😂 😂 😂

I find 'Miss Anna' odd - haven't thought about them at all to be able to put my finger on it - could be a sub/dom thing going on but it's always odd to refer to yourself in the third person. @sandro37 could probably describe well that type of behaviour trait.

He simply knows how to use a camera well but his work has no essence. He isn't talented as an artist which the drawings in the red bathroom show. He seems to capture an angular view of women but not the curvaceousness of their soul. They seem objects to him.
What? That picture he took when they all had the sparklers spelling LaLande was awesome!! You know, the night she got the UTI.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I disagree. The lack of insulation and heating makes it freezing cold for volunteers, paid help, guests, workshop attendees and SJ. It's a mute point. She doesn't gave the funds currently or likely ongoing to compleye all these schemes and tend to the gardens. Did you miss the extension to the kitchen which she called an orangery. That is not what an orangery is.
How much would the insulation cost for such a long roof, a quarte, a half of a million?, would she need a static expert to see it the roof will withstand it, to me it is clear Sj goes for what is visible to the eye and not that expenaive, like decorating
People who watch cannot feel cold and doesnt she have b&b only in the summer
I can see her putting a plaster on the house sooner than she will ever have an insulation on the roof

Reactions: 8
It's here

Thanks It's my insomnia cure for tonight - but sounds too sordid and gossy (YUM) for me to sleep. I was facts Ma'am, just the facts.
I take my eye off Tattle for a day and we're nearly already on a new thread 😂 - The joys of Brenda's own goal!

Speaking of which, and apologies, if I've missed that this has been said but.. anyone notice Brenda's no longer a highest tier patreon again?! In fact, not even on any of the credits-level tiers. Coincidentally coincides with an extension to the FB group name...
Maybe she spent so much money on gifts and postage her pension check ran out.

• Heart
I actually don't mind SJ but the thing that really irritates is the amount of jobs she starts and never finishes, even with about 400 people on hand.

Examples being:-

Waxing lyrical over those (quite expense) church benches that Ian brought in his van in the summer and sold to her, they didn't even have feet/a base so were despatched off to Selmar's work room for him to make some........never to be seen again, must have been at least 6 months ago.....

The Peacock bedroom - what was the point of getting Selmar to dismantle that large built in cupboard only to leave a grotty, stained large section of wall exposed that then has to be covered up with a charity shop net curtain because the room is still used for paying guests..... she made at least 2/3 videos about the dismantle and looking at wallpaper samples etc, even getting the Marquis family in to talk about the decor.....never mentioned again, no wallpaper ordered, the room still has the net curtain up over 6 months later...... Why not just have left the bloody cupboard there for another year or two which is how long it will be before that room is decorated. I mean its obvious why, she has dangled the bait now and is waiting for one of the wallpaper suppliers to offer her it for free but its still annoying!

These childish whims to play with a new toy/project and then lose interest after 10 minutes are so frustrating to watch!
These are all such easy wins and could be completed in a day or two, it can't be about money as there is plenty rolling in now, or time because lockdown, yet she has already moved on to the downstairs toilet, china room, amphitheatre - and yes I agree with the previous poster the amphitheatre mention was defo for our benefit!

We see you LOTL
Indeed it is not about money, it is about their personality, they tell u what they think you (in this case patreons) want to hear, they never have an intention to do something what would not directly benefit them, they are little fantasists some no so little, they lie their way through life and noone ever stops them bc if they get uncovered they just discard you or change the environment altogether, it is the way they function the only problem now is, that it is all on camera, it is their biggest enemy, otherwise they could tell you that they never promissed it, said it, did it and gastlight and sisort your reality
Now she cannot, she didnt think it through
If there is not someone else who would organize/do it they wouldnt touch it with the pole

• Heart
For those who have not rolled out @FeatherBee 's post:

Earlier in this thread, I suggested that SSB would be unscrupulous with the tax legislation applicable to her new foundation. Well, it looks like Jill Scott can give her some advice in that regard (i.e. don't do it?):

Commissioner of Inland Revenue v Jillian Rosemarie Scott 5 April

Former chartered accountant Jillian Rosemarie Scott was sentenced to 6 months Community detention, 300 hours community work when she appeared in the Hamilton District Court on April 5. She was ordered to pay $53,000 in reparation which was on top of the $45,000 paid prior to sentencing.

Over a 6-year period, Scott and two of her brothers set up a complex scheme to evade taxes and obtain fraudulent refunds from Inland Revenue. They set up limited companies, charitable trusts and societies, which were then used to buy houses and claim GST refunds.

They also used the entities to make it look like they were making charitable donations and claimed charitable donation rebates. Altogether Jillian Scott claimed $101,366.00 and received $88,879.57 in various refunds. The charges against brothers Lindsay and Roger Scott have still to be heard.
Poor LOTL, the Facebook loons and fraudsters have got her over a barrel now, they've got their claws into the social media presence of our tender temptress and they are going to drag her down with their nefarious doings... I can feel another thread title coming on courtesy of Brenda and Jill - aka the Kray Twins

Chatelaine in Crisis/Princess in Peril - PR Disasters and Tax Fraud Masters

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How much would the insulation cost for such a long roof, a quarte, a half of a million?, would she need a static expert to see it the roof will withstand it, to me it is clear Sj goes for what is visible to the eye and not that expenaive, like decorating
People who watch cannot feel cold and doesnt she have b&b only in the summer
I can see her putting a plaster on the house sooner than she will ever have an insulation on the roof
It's not that she doesn't want to put money where here mouth is when it comes to construction work, she has just so many additional needs and has no clue how to go about it structural and with a long term plan. Most of the people advising her now know there's money so they have their own agenda to push forward and her needy life style is sucking up the bulk of what's coming in. If not run by someone else the B&B will not open again, even after Covid, it will never generate the money she now is depending on, even when fully booked. She used to be an epic f**k when it came to running it before, when she still needed that income, constantly creating double bookings form rooms, renting out rooms that weren't available, inviting friends over when there was no room for them left and left others to deal with the chaos she created. I remember my friends telling me all would be nicely organized when she wasn't there, even with Isabelle on laundry duty and managing the volunteers, but as soon as SJ returned all would start to become unworkable again.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.