The Chateau Diaries #9 Venetian crown while the chateau burns down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @LB89 for the title which had a very large number of votes early on in #8.

Credit to @Raspberrybrulee for hilarious 2nd option "Better a Mickey Dodger than an Edmund Fokker"

CD - The Chateau Diaries
BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Nitti/Nutty - Nati
MP/MP2 - Michael Petherick
Trotter - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sheree Petherick
Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Donegals - limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info
Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters
Edmund Fokker van Crayestein - Former main squeeze of SJ

If anyone would like to do a TL;DR, please feel free!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Clara thankyou for your candid submissions. I'm sad to hear you are not in close contact with your friends anymore. How did you come to know Nic's family contributed to paying off his part of morgage? Did that occur during your friends living there?

Reactions: 10
Clara thankyou for your candid submissions. I'm sad to hear you are not in close contact with your friends anymore. How did you come to know Nic's family contributed to paying off his part of morgage? Did that occur during your friends living there?
Yes, I think at the end of their stay, not too sure, because there was talks for a while that was going to happen.

🚨🚨 after DB pontificated on FB 🚨🚨

Then Clara showed up ........

Have a great week Tattlers 💫💫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Might I also add that I think it's great service to anyone joining us here that they'll find some background to the whole charade. Still, we mustn't kid ourselves into thinking the 'fans' can be converted in any way. With so many trolls in place, the truth is rather an underdog in those regiments.

Reactions: 28
Might I also add that I think it's great service to anyone joining us here that they'll find some background to the whole charade. Still, we mustn't kid ourselves into thinking the 'fans' can be converted in any way. With so many trolls in place, the truth is rather an underdog in those regiments.
Very wise words, Clara!

This whole saga just shows how gullible some people are... I can understand following SJ and CD for entertainment/escapism values, but so many people just seem to be completely blind to anything remotely negative about it. My approach to most people/things is to take them with a pinch of salt, in general but DEFINITELY online! – some might call me cynical but I think that's plain common sense. Sadly it seems a lot of people don't approach things that way, which is what makes the willingness of these folk to take advantage of their audience so reproachable.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have watched briefly a couple of older vlogs today to satisfy my curiosity I am convinced MPK is gay which is no problem, but does he go to the castle when there are fresh pickings to be had? Is there a pattern? For all the volunteers that have stayed at the castle I dont see many comments/posts from them Surely this behavior is a breach of employment law volunteers must have some entitlements was this an avenue your friends investigated @Clara Burnett

Reactions: 4
Thanks to @LB89 for the title which had a very large number of votes early on in #8.

Credit to @Raspberrybrulee for hilarious 2nd option "Better a Mickey Dodger than an Edmund Fokker"

CD - The Chateau Diaries
BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Nitti/Nutty - Nati
MP/MP2 - Michael Petherick
Trotter - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sheree Petherick
Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Donegals - limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info
Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters
Edmund Fokker van Crayestein - Former main squeeze of SJ

If anyone would like to do a TL;DR, please feel free!
Thank you for doing that. It takes time and it must be difficult for newcomers to decipher what we’re on about. Seems like we’re getting a whole new load of commentators via DB. Whodathunkit ? 🤔

Quite. Let’s Beware Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing 🐺 🐑

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have watched briefly a couple of older vlogs today to satisfy my curiosity I am convinced MPK is gay which is no problem, but does he go to the castle when there are fresh pickings to be had? Is there a pattern? For all the volunteers that have stayed at the castle I dont see many comments/posts from them
There’s a lot of posts in earlier threads re Michael (& his family) some photos from various sources & a brief summary of his working life back in Manchester where he was a MAC makeup artist in Selfridges. He’s clearly a very talented artist, musician & has so many other talents. He comes across as a bit of a lost soul when he’s around his family in Gwens chateau & he seems to come alive in la la land. I can’t imagine how boring it must be living in Basmaignee for someone who lived in party central Manchester for10 years.

• Heart
Ok i've been down a rabbit hole looking up violin playing Pants man aka Edmond Fokker. Did SJ say she went out with the grandson of original Fokker airplane man? I don't think Pants man and aeroplane man are related as SJ suggested. Can any dutch or german speakers assist? (Btw being a Pants man has a different meaning in my culture).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
@Clara, sorry to ask more questions of you but in relation to the FIRE didn’t the Chatooo have to have fire regulation certificate / hygiene certificate (because of servicing food to B&B and Music people)? I would have thought under EU law it was essential before renting out property or setting up B&B for paying guests etc. Or didn’t she register her accommodation as such / or just didn’t bother getting ‘certified’ - pardon the pun 😂. She did state that she pulled the plug on the lake because she was afraid of the consequences of not emptying it - or was that just because she was afraid of a big fine!!
BTW - love the new name
Came hear through Chateau random search - soooo glad I did - cleared up so many queries I already had.
BG - puzzled me from way back when I read her blog about journeying to the Chat ooo with grandson - bizarre!
Thanks everyone - can I book a seat on the bus please 🚌 (I’ll bring a couple of bottles of left over Bollinger - with kind thanks to that lady from Canada!!!!!!!! ) x

• Haha
  • Heart
There’s a lot of posts in earlier threads re Michael (& his family) some photos from various sources & a brief summary of his working life back in Manchester where he was a MAC makeup artist in Selfridges. He’s clearly a very talented artist, musician & has so many other talents. He comes across as a bit of a lost soul when he’s around his family in Gwens chateau & he seems to come alive in la la land. I can’t imagine how boring it must be living in Basmaignee for someone who lived in party central Manchester for10 years.
I think if the castle is on party mode all the time the opportunity for him to satisfy his needs is greater plus he is very lazy & unreliable. He was renowned was he not at D&A for not showing up for work, I read that on ETTCDIY ALL COMMENTS WELCOME some time ago Why did he ever need "Go fund me for" the cottage, a property that doesnt belong to him, then he stated he needed more money as he had ran out & the cottage wouldnt be finished, despite him earning more than 12k per month between YT & Patreon ( Im very sure he hasnt ran to the tax man to declare that) I dont get it. Surely it should be down to whoever owns the cottage to at least pay for materials. It states on the GFM that G&B, cant afford it.....who believes that one. Im all for people getting on but dont woman on others & pretend to be a victim & pay your way like the rest of us leave GFM for the people who need it. I think from reading these threads especially Clara's input the common factor between SJ & MPK is they like to party hard..not necessarily together and use people so that they can maintain a standard of life which would otherwise be beyond them

• Heart
  • Haha
Nous sommes tous VALERIE

TL; DR

Errors and omissions excepted

Thread title in honour of the very brave tattler, Valerie, who tackled the breach of Covid regulations at Lalande in a "Lord of the Flies"style battle on Facebook (about as ferile as it gets in 2021).

Christmas/Covid:

Many people were very upset with the large gathering at Lalande for Christmas, especially as it contravened French government safety recommendations and disrespected the loneliness and isolation suffered by many in lockdown. Numerous posts back and forth led to a general consensus that it was insensitive and risky. A brave exchange on FB led the DB to share a link to tattle on her Facebook group, encouraging her flying gibbons to attack both the brave Valerie and tattlers generally. Well, it backfired...

Brenda's Own Goal:

DB scored an own goal by directing members of her FB group to tattle during a tirade where she threatened doxxing. DB didn't realise that her rant would have consequences, and @MojoDublin "handed her her arse on a plate" with an outstanding post that revealed her shady tax and insurance status, not to mention highlighting her irresponsible travel escapades during the pandemic. Hope that isn't the Revenue Commissioners knocking, Brenda...

New Information & Old Romances:

New member, directed by DB, Clara Bennett, caused something of a stir when she revealed sordid goings-on at Lalande and how good friends of hers, a young Dutch gay couple, had invested 3 years of their lives into helping SJ to maintain the chateau and begin her B&B business. They had a considerable number of very positive reviews on Workaway, identifing them by name, and not SJ. Workaway removed SJ from their site in Autumn 2020 - probably for breach of conditions (speculation as to whether this was as a resulf of exploitation of/or sleeping with volunteers could not be established).

The couple left Lalande in 2017 after a terrible betrayal, where Mummy had allowed them to be abused by a homophobe. Later, when pointing out SJ's hypocrisy on a social media post, they were bullied and abused by Michael Potts and Nic Larkin. They now live in a little "Hansel & Gretel" type house but have not been without their trials and tribulations in the French countryside, having been royally shafted by their French next door neighbour. Not only has their lovely garden been compromised by a concrete monstrosity next door, but the neighbour enlisted the help and support of relatives to circumvent any possible legal solution. They have a wonderful blog and instagram account.

Clara continued to share many juicy details about the goings on at Lalande, it appears SJ quite enjoys intrigue and playing with people's emotions. Apparently, her favourite movie is Dangerous Liaisons, and not just because of the costumes. Her favourite character would appear to be the particularly nasty Marquise Isabelle de Merteuil (the irony that the psychopath in the movie is named Isabelle is not lost on any of us...). What exactly she has been up to has yet to be revealed... (some more victims/friends might just show up on tattle any time now).

It is also revealed that Ruth was something of a swinger at the chateau when her unfortunate and unsuspecting boyfriend was at home in London. This was before she hooked up with Potty, who had a decade long "open" relationship with SJ. Speculation about parties at Lalande being anything other than innocent fun was simmering in parts of the thread but the details stopped there... (Come on agents!)

The title of this thread alludes to an event where the chateau almost burnt down in 2017. SJ refused to return to deal with the emergency as she was in Venice and wished to show off her newly purchased crown which had cost GBP300 (see Instagram). Clara also pointed out that the fire was (surprise, surprise) a result of negligence. SJ went on to rent out that part of the chateau to an American with two small children, knowing that the fire risk was ever present. She also rented out the accommodation when the American woman was on holidays. The usual integrity we have come to expect from she who shouts from the balcony...

We also discovered that SJ had a Weirdo boyfriend from Norway who unceremoniously dumped her and went home. She also had been heartlessly dumped by Mason (yes, that Mason) per email whilst his family were on holiday at the chateau (ouch). Mason has made the weirdest men in America list, and having seen some of his oeuvre, I am not surprised. One wonders why she went on holidays with him afterwards, because it was free prehaps?

Clara also revealed that SJ had dated Edmund Fokker van Crayenstein, the less said about him the better. Her husband, Greg Clark, seemed to actually be a nice guy who swam for charity and met the Princess Royal... I think he might be one of the few really decent men in her life (except Nic?). It took a decade to divorce him, although the marriage only lasted two years, Clara confirmed that financial advantage was probably one of the main reasons the divorce took so long.

All in all, it has transpired that the chateau had been financed by SJ's exes, Mummy, and pocket money from her friends, up until her YT and Patreon account took off. She also had rental income from her flat in London and used to swap the chateau with other large property owners as a way to fund luxurious holidays. Stephanie is also asset rich in that she wil inherit Mummy's properties in SA (beach house) and the UK (Framlingham, Suffolk).

Finally, it turns out that our very own Heathcliffe is a bit of a player (oh, you dark horse!) and woudn't mind paying SJ a visit... ahem. 😂 Some think she is hot, some not. Have I forgotten anything? Probably! Forgive me if I have (age is not on my side)... and finally... where will it all end?

Will she end up an outcast like the Marquise de Merteuil?

Or will she have a change of heart and give something back to society?

Or should she just keep fooling the fools?

All of this will probably be debated, and more... on the one, the only, tattle.

Thanks to Viva la loca for her summary template!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
@Rory budge up a bit - I'm following you down the Fokking rabbit hole! And having had a quick look around, I've discovered that Edmond is a man who is at one with his wind machine...................💨💨💨

Last edited:
  • Haha
Very wise words, Clara!

This whole saga just shows how gullible some people are... I can understand following SJ and CD for entertainment/escapism values, but so many people just seem to be completely blind to anything remotely negative about it. My approach to most people/things is to take them with a pinch of salt, in general but DEFINITELY online! – some might call me cynical but I think that's plain common sense. Sadly it seems a lot of people don't approach things that way, which is what makes the willingness of these folk to take advantage of their audience so reproachable.
Exactly. Interesting to see how reseach defines this behaviour ' parasocial relationships with media personas increase because the media user is lonely, dissatisfied, emotionally unstable, and/or has unattractive relationship alternatives. Some can use these parasocial relationships as a substitute for real social contact'.

I can vouch for that!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ok i've been down a rabbit hole looking up violin playing Pants man aka Edmond Fokker. Did SJ say she went out with the grandson of original Fokker airplane man? I don't think Pants man and aeroplane man are related as SJ suggested. Can any dutch or german speakers assist? (Btw being a Pants man has a different meaning in my culture).
It is him. His girlfriend is a real countess, had 6 children of which one son died at 26 being hit by a car. SJ does mingle with the royals😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No, he lied. His grandfather was Abraham Jacobus Frederik Fokker (1857-1929), a member of parliament and Mayor of Zierikzee.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.