The Chateau Diaries #9 Venetian crown while the chateau burns down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If there is one. Isn't she resting from the hard advent work? I am still hopeful that whole channel gets cancelled soon as it's the most vulgar of all her undertakings.
True. It’s vulgar vulgar vulgar . But I want to see if there’s any crack in her veneer or change in her behaviour because she has surely been told to Calm Down Dear by Nati (or Potty/Marie) who read here ...

Reactions: 2
Thank you. This has to be the most comprehensive recap ever. 👏👏👏. so well written.
As you say, whatever will happen next?
My money is on her returning to Framingham and going back to answering the phone at Gerry’s Mini Cab company. Not. 😹 📞 🚕
Thanks @frenchessence

I think she would rather be dead than end up like that!

However, with the way she spends, and the fact that in one decade her looks will be gone, botox or not, she is going to have to change her ways. Her personality leads her to be very wreckless, and I can see her easily squandering all of the Patreon and YT funds. Johnny Depp recently declared himself bankrupt after losing a $ 650 million fortune, just from behaving exactly the same way SJ is behaving now.

I don't want to say it will all end in tears, but...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I was under the impression that the cottage would be gifted to him when he first mentioned that he would like to renovate it one day. I would say that’s fair considering MP basically found a source of income which has greatly benefited his entire family. Besides putting Gwen’s chateau on the map, they’re all now riding on his coattails and enjoying the $$$ coming in from all the crazed chateau fans. Plus he did help renovate the chateau, when at the time, he was told that he wouldn’t be getting paid.
I assume that he has lived at the Chateau rent and board free during this time, in exchange for helping Billy. Given how little work he did himself in the cottage, I am not sure quite how much he would have contributed. I suspect that whole sorry tribe of them have moved in and taken over Gwendoline's home. Poor Gwendoline probably didn't sign up for this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
SJ saying her Mother should get this...(about the cup quote) around 27.53 @Krypgal - she mentioned both Nati and her Mother....

Reactions: 9
No certificates were ever spoken of. I doubt she has / had any of these in order anyway. She dis have an insurance for the damage of the fire, which she asked my friend to look up the details from and contact them. They tried, but couldn't find the paperwork. Obviously SJ forgot until months later.
IMO SJ has never been interested in ‘renovating’ La Lande , in the past or present . Certainly not using her own money .... but Patreon is such a money spinner She will want to use the money she is amassing to buy a party pad in Venice. Another Tatler has said something similar . COVID is preventing a lot of the work being done .... it’s doing her bank account a favour .

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@frenchessence I decided to pay the €5 for one month only to watch the patron videos in bulk... the cadeaux on tonight was taped b4 Christmas as far as I can remember. Interesting to watch them at the same time as reading tattle. Gave me huge entertainment this weekend. Mandy is recording them and editing them and due back this week.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks @frenchessence

I think she would rather be dead than end up like that. Seriously... but with the way she spends, and the fact that in one decade her looks will be gone, botox or not, she is going to have to change her ways. Her personality leads her to be very wreckless, and I can see her easily squandering all of the Patreon and YT funds. Johnny Depp recently declared himself bankrupt after losing a $ 650 million fortune, just from behaving exactly the same was SJ is behaving now.

I don't want to say it will all end in tears, but...
She seriously would rather be dead than a Mini Cab Receptionist ANYWHERE 📞 👩 🚕

Her insatiable desire for adoration, friends, men, clothes, belongings of any sort will lead to disaster. She is an extremist with an All or Nothing personality and she definitely wants it ALL.

Someone here (@Raspberrybrulee ?) said ‘wait till the MENOPAUSE hits 🔥 🥵 ‘ and her looks fade. At the moment she is still just about enjoying being the Prettiest Girl in the Room (sorry Ruth & Sulky Marie but you’re no competition for her). It’s not that women can’t be attractive as they get older, but it’s fairly embarrassing to see a woman past their prime, behaving the same way as they did in their glory days.

This may be unfair to canines, but LOTL please note, every dog has its day. 🐾 🐾

@frenchessence I decided to pay the €5 for one month only to watch the patron videos in bulk... the cadeaux on tonight was taped b4 Christmas as far as I can remember. Interesting to watch them at the same time as reading tattle. Gave me huge entertainment this weekend. Mandy is recording them and editing them and due back this week.
Thank you for this. I will definitely watch later 🎁🎁🎁🎁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
True. It’s vulgar vulgar vulgar . But I want to see if there’s any crack in her veneer or change in her behaviour because she has surely been told to Calm Down Dear by Nati (or Potty/Marie) who read here ...
Don't expect any cracks, she's in tough cookie in that sense and won't budge. To ignore is a art form she truly controls.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Nous sommes tous VALERIE

TL; DR

Errors and omissions excepted

Thread title in honour of the very brave tattler, Valerie, who tackled the breach of Covid regulations at Lalande in a "Lord of the Flies"style battle on Facebook (about as ferile as it gets in 2021).

Christmas/Covid:

Many people were very upset with the large gathering at Lalande for Christmas, especially as it contravened French government safety recommendations and disrespected the loneliness and isolation suffered by many in lockdown. Numerous posts back and forth led to a general consensus that it was insensitive and risky. A brave exchange on FB led the DB to share a link to tattle on her Facebook group, encouraging her flying gibbons to attack both the brave Valerie and tattlers generally. Well, it backfired...

Brenda's Own Goal:

DB scored an own goal by directing members of her FB group to tattle during a tirade where she threatened doxxing. DB didn't realise that her rant would have consequences, and @MojoDublin "handed her her arse on a plate" with an outstanding post that revealed her shady tax and insurance status, not to mention highlighting her irresponsible travel escapades during the pandemic. Hope that isn't the Revenue Commissioners knocking, Brenda...

New Information & Old Romances:

New member, directed by DB, Clara Bennett, caused something of a stir when she revealed sordid goings-on at Lalande and how good friends of hers, a young Dutch gay couple, had invested 3 years of their lives into helping SJ to maintain the chateau and begin her B&B business. They had a considerable number of very positive reviews on Workaway, identifing them by name, and not SJ. Workaway removed SJ from their site in Autumn 2020 - probably for breach of conditions (speculation as to whether this was as a resulf of exploitation of/or sleeping with volunteers could not be established).

The couple left Lalande in 2017 after a terrible betrayal, where Mummy had allowed them to be abused by a homophobe. Later, when pointing out SJ's hypocrisy on a social media post, they were bullied and abused by Michael Potts and Nic Larkin. They now live in a little "Hansel & Gretel" type house but have not been without their trials and tribulations in the French countryside, having been royally shafted by their French next door neighbour. Not only has their lovely garden been compromised by a concrete monstrosity next door, but the neighbour enlisted the help and support of relatives to circumvent any possible legal solution. They have a wonderful blog and instagram account.

Clara continued to share many juicy details about the goings on at Lalande, it appears SJ quite enjoys intrigue and playing with people's emotions. Apparently, her favourite movie is Dangerous Liaisons, and not just because of the costumes. Her favourite character would appear to be the particularly nasty Marquise Isabelle de Merteuil (the irony that the psychopath in the movie is named Isabelle is not lost on any of us...). What exactly she has been up to has yet to be revealed... (some more victims/friends might just show up on tattle any time now).

It is also revealed that Ruth was something of a swinger at the chateau when her unfortunate and unsuspecting boyfriend was at home in London. This was before she hooked up with Potty, who had a decade long "open" relationship with SJ. Speculation about parties at Lalande being anything other than innocent fun was simmering in parts of the thread but the details stopped there... (Come on agents!)

The title of this thread alludes to an event where the chateau almost burnt down in 2017. SJ refused to return to deal with the emergency as she was in Venice and wished to show off her newly purchased crown which had cost GBP300 (see Instagram). Clara also pointed out that the fire was (surprise, surprise) a result of negligence. SJ went on to rent out that part of the chateau to an American with two small children, knowing that the fire risk was ever present. She also rented out the accommodation when the American woman was on holidays. The usual integrity we have come to expect from she who shouts from the balcony...

We also discovered that SJ had a Weirdo boyfriend from Norway who unceremoniously dumped her and went home. She also had been heartlessly dumped by Mason (yes, that Mason) per email whilst his family were on holiday at the chateau (ouch). Mason has made the weirdest men in America list, and having seen some of his oeuvre, I am not surprised. One wonders why she went on holidays with him afterwards, because it was free prehaps?

Clara also revealed that SJ had dated Edmund Fokker van Crayenstein, the less said about him the better. Her husband, Greg Clark, seemed to actually be a nice guy who swam for charity and met the Princess Royal... I think he might be one of the few really decent men in her life (except Nic?). It took a decade to divorce him, although the marriage only lasted two years, Clara confirmed that financial advantage was probably one of the main reasons the divorce took so long.

All in all, it has transpired that the chateau had been financed by SJ's exes, Mummy, and pocket money from her friends, up until her YT and Patreon account took off. She also had rental income from her flat in London and used to swap the chateau with other large property owners as a way to fund luxurious holidays. Stephanie is also asset rich in that she wil inherit Mummy's properties in SA (beach house) and the UK (Framlingham, Suffolk).

Finally, it turns out that our very own Heathcliffe is a bit of a player (oh, you dark horse!) and woudn't mind paying SJ a visit... ahem. 😂 Some think she is hot, some not. Have I forgotten anything? Probably! Forgive me if I have (age is not on my side)... and finally... where will it all end?

Will she end up an outcast like the Marquise de Merteuil?

Or will she have a change of heart and give something back to society?

Or should she just keep fooling the fools?

All of this will probably be debated, and more... on the one, the only, tattle.

Thanks to Viva la loca for her summary template!
💫💫🚨💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

Pulitzer winner - superb ♥🍸👏👏
🚌
Butler will service all your requirements

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I assume that he has lived at the Chateau rent and board free during this time, in exchange for helping Billy. Given how little work he did himself in the cottage, I am not sure quite how much he would have contributed. I suspect that whole sorry tribe of them have moved in and taken over Gwendoline's home. Poor Gwendoline probably didn't sign up for this.
Everyone keeps saying poor Gwen, but it’s not like she hasn’t benefited from the Trotters. For one she’s getting a lot of what I assume is free labor. They all seem to have some sort of background in construction and given the state of the place (needing actual support beams to keep the place from caving in itself), the more free help she can get, the better.

Sorry, but I just really don’t like the Trotters. MP is about the only one I can stomach and that’s pretty much from the way he is when he’s in Lalalande. More full of life and creative. Different picture to when he’s in Basmaignee. Probably due to being isolated and having no company, but that of his family. I mean there’s already been some occasions when Billy’s been deamining on camera (asking him twice if he had Gwen’s permission to get a new dog for example). So I can only imagine how he is off camera.

I’d hate to be involved with that family and yet Gwen is knee deep in them. Don’t think that happens accidentally 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 17
Cant watch cadeaux myself to sickening🤢 but thought it was interesting that she doesn't even edit it herself anymore. Not enough of a money spinner 🤑
Certainly not spinning money for her if she gives it to charity, like she promises. That would indeed explain her not editing herself.

Reactions: 8
IMO SJ has never been interested in ‘renovating’ La Lande , in the past or present . Certainly not using her own money .... but Patreon is such a money spinner She will want to use the money she is amassing to buy a party pad in Venice. Another Tatler has said something similar . COVID is preventing a lot of the work being done .... it’s doing her bank account a favour .
Agree 100 %. Stephanie in investing in herself, not the chateau. Everything she spends her own money on can be packed into boxes and shipped or sold on ebay. Porcelain...sold, Fortuny fabric...sold, vintage toile gifted by strangers...sold. The tiaras go with her,however. She has hung onto the chateau because it is a party pad in the summer and because she is off travelling on the winter. If she had not been on ETTC DIY, who knows if she would not have put it on the market by now. Covid has saved her bacon because it gave her the chance to really grow her YT channel, thereby gaining more viewers to fleece. Nic knows this, which is why the investment on the Larkin family suite is minimal. MPotts is pretty much the same, pack up his extra toothbrush and off he goes. Neither are emotionally invested, just want to make some bucks of the sale of the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Another new contributor. I have spent the last day working my way through the forums on the CD. The scales have dropped from my eyes and I am watching from a different perspective. My partner is a builder and he is always saying how they are going about the jobs in totally the wrong way. I can't believe how long jobs are taking. Marie's bathroom and the downstairs cloakroom. The Juliet balcony has been lying around since very early episodes. I never watched the early episodes until today and have skipped through quite a few. Norwegian Marie is looking so much better now whereas SJ has gone in the other direction. Poor Tomas seems to have been completely forgotten about, even his work in the flower studio has been undone. Perhaps the laundry is also back as it was. What is BJJ even there for, to wear SJ clothes and be her chauffeur to hospital etc.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Don't expect any cracks, she's in tough cookie in that sense and won't budge. To ignore is a art form she truly controls.
Interesting. Do tell, is it likely in your opinion that anyone else, friends past or volunteers, will break ranks and spill the beans and if so, dare you name the weakest link ?!?!

Agree 100 %. Stephanie in investing in herself, not the chateau. Everything she spends her own money on can be packed into boxes and shipped or sold on ebay. Porcelain...sold, Fortuny fabric...sold, vintage toile gifted by strangers...sold. The tiaras go with her,however. She has hung onto the chateau because it is a party pad in the summer and because she is off travelling on the winter. If she had not been on ETTC DIY, who knows if she would not have put it on the market by now. Covid has saved her bacon because it gave her the chance to really grow her YT channel, thereby gaining more viewers to fleece. Nic knows this, which is why the investment on the Larkin family suite is minimal. MPotts is pretty much the same, pack up his extra toothbrush and off he goes. Neither are emotionally invested, just want to make some bucks of the sale of the place.
I agree with this view. It’s interesting you mention both Elusive Nic and Potty and their likely ‘feel’ about the chateau.

I was surprised last year that Potty seemed happy to let SJ feck up the interior of his new apartment. Other than the mini wine fridge and the choice of marble colour, all the other items are Stephanie’s choice. And then, straight away, without even spending one night in it himself, it was rented to Hanni (who knows if she’ll return after lockdown) SJ portrays his involvement in such a whimsical, heartfelt way ‘at long last he was able to buy into the chateau’ ...but of course, you’re right, he’s parked some money there until they sell, which surely they will.

Likewise with Nic and Marie, there was no sense of a ‘loving restoration’ in their home. Only the most basic of lino and bathroom fittings. It has all the style and mood of a cheap air b’ n b’. Holiday escape or not, this suggests that neither Nic nor Potty have an emotional attachment to their homes and life at the Shat-way.

However, @Clara Burnett kindly pointed out, their devotion and attachment to LOTL remains undiminished and I’d put money on it that wherever she goes next, those two will follow.

If Fokker is related to the Fokker airplane family I don't know, couldn't figure out but he is the "James Bond of Zeeland" also nicknamed "Ed Bond".

Fokker worked/works for the dutch Military Intelligence and Security Service.

https://www.quotenet.nl/lifestyle/a...lt-dat-je-leeft-als-je-dicht-bij-gevaar-bent/

From the above article translation google translate: "Jort Kelder, a good friend, calls him a man of mystery. "The Gunter Sachs of this time. He is extremely charming, very well-read and circles in high circles. A chameleon, an intelligence officer. He has a rich lifestyle, which does not fit the civil service scales, but how he earns his money I don't know. Is not necessary. He won't be shelling fava beans. More importantly, he knows the whole world and comes in everywhere. I checked it myself: he doesn't bluff. "

If you replace he for she in following sentence "He has a rich lifestyle, which does not fit the civil service scales, but how he earns his money I don't know" does it remind anyone ?
And ‘extremely charming ...a chameleon’ ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The excitement :m highlight of their social calendar.

ready to mingle and donate some cash

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
No, that will not happen. Her beloved Lala is forever, because it's her biggest asset. How you describe her might be too simple. She will definitively start traveling again as soon as it is allowed, but she will not sell LaLa.

Reactions: 16
Jumping back to the last thread where a couple of people mentioned Dan and Annalise being in their home for 2 years, in last night’s episode she said that they moved in when she was pregnant with Jack, their eldest boy. He must be at least 4.
However, trying to earn an income whilst working and then doing up a place you are living in, all on a budget, is not easy. I did that in UK, but before any children.
Doing it all and now producing vlogs is hard work and I do not begrudge them any money from it.
I suppose it applies to LOTL too, YouTube money is her earning from her “work” vlogging. Patreon though is just asking for money full stop.
Absolutely the difference is she did state that every penny goes to renovating the chat o and now it’s not. Guilt tripping people because she won’t be able to eat otherwise.

Reactions: 2
Wow so much that I missed today! :)
where to begin maybe qith pure speculation- maybe they are all in the open relationship just not all at once, one wonder about rhe UTI coinciding with celebrations

Secondly - one shall understand, that if you are being tricked into something (or by being missled by ex. being given wrong, altered or not trutful information) it negates your free will which is necesaary for legal act (menaing in this case gifting, donating...) being valid ( continental law)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.