The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Clara Burnett I disagree with the fact that people shouldn't buy a renovation project if they don't have all the money for the renovations there and then. We've been restoring an ancient property for the last decade and it's a real money pit but we enjoy doing things gradually and do some work ourselves and other stuff as and when we can afford. It's an absolute labour of love and I don't expect us to ever fully finish it but we love living here and if we sell it on at some point then whoever buys it will carry on with the work. Living in an imperfect old building is a lifestyle choice that shouldn't just be for wealthy people who can do all the work straight away. In fact some of those instant renovations where a shitload of money is thrown at an old property are often the worst as you end up with a soulless Disney style version of a period building. The family that Stephanie bought the Chateau from clearly hadn't done much renovating in recent years but continued to live in the chateau for many, many years. Should they have not done so?
I agree with what you are saying @ClaraBurnett the restoration becomes more difficult when there are very small children but I understand that people enjoy the challenge, and if its within your means go for it..just dont expect others to pay. With SJ castle there are things I dont understand surely the priority is the roof windows doors damp proof and of course heating which every year she seems to forget to get fixed! What good is a lake if the castle has become rubble what good is a room for china if the roof is leaking and the walls full of damp. The more I read these threads the more I see it is fur coat & no knickers they just havent got a clue!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'd like a seat on the tour bus too. But please tell your butler to seat me several rows away from Heathcliffe.

I'm still pretty attractive for my age but I'm the faithful type😜
Noted β™₯β™₯β™₯β™₯β™₯β™₯ Butler so advised

FYI
ALL OF TATTLE subscribers are on the 🚌
πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈ

My suggestion for the name of the new thread is The Chateau Diaries #9 - I'd rather be a Micky Dodger than an Edmond Fokker
πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸš¨πŸš¨πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸš¨πŸš¨πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Genius

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I love @Raspberrybrulee thread suggestion but would also like to nominate her as man of the match for the funniest comment ever: β€œHmmm buggering off on holiday and leaving a Saint without a head and then shagging Edmond von Fokker. Stephanie, I keep trying to defend you here but Jesus Christ you don't make things easy for me :ROFLMAO:β€œ
Agree. Love it too πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think Angel & Dick are a different level. They were both business and media people to start with (they met through their mutual agent) and they had a life AND business/commercial plans before begining, which they have continued to develop. They are both very skilled and have taken hold of the opportunities available quickly and with experts. They have a fulltime media/marketing person and fulltime builder (his mate) and local french guy.
And her parents on site too..

Reactions: 6
Did you hear SJ in the advent vlogs when they were going through the Ms Haversham cups with quotes and one said something like β€œI don’t want kids” and SJ said β€œwe should give this to Mummy”... - I did honestly feel a little sad for her. I think she really feels that.
Yes I did . That is kind of sad 😒

Such an accurate description of how I feel. Just why...
Me too. Let’s join a forum. Hold on, we already have ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyway I wonder who stays at all those B&Bs? Did all those chateau owners really got their houses full? They are never in a touristy location. How many weddings could there possibly be? Where did the French people marry before a Brit came along an bought a ruin?
The weddings are from all over the world.. Americans love a chateau wedding, as do the Chinese. I work with someone who has a wedding booked at Angel,& Dicks place. They were fully booked for 2 yrs up to Covid.

• Wow
And her parents on site too..
Yes assistance with child rearing. In the first episode Angel discusses pkans need to include her parents and grandma (who has never appeared or been mentioned). Her mother has an illness/condition/frailty, not referred to but she has problems with her legs and at times she looks in pain/less engaged.

• Sad
Such an accurate description of how I feel. Just why...
Thank you πŸ™

My heart sank at last nights vlog
Begging bowl 🍲 from 20 seconds there’s a crack on the counter ......
So BLOODY what ....

The level of disappointment is complete -
I was routing for them both β€œ literally β€œ

Why are they disappointing me more - well dan gave every impression of been vaguely mortified by the blogging .....

for Analise to say .... the sliding doors are rotten ... I d love French doors πŸšͺ

Here’s the thing - neither of you could plan a piss up in a tea cup -

clearly Dan the MAN hasn't a sense of scale or style -

runs headlong into massive jobs and neither finishes or completes any fully -

a πŸ‘… of white paint 🎨 to finish a job until the interior designer πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ¨ arrives .... or a joint agreement on colors

But we’re building an extension !!!!

In the sitting room ...
we blocked up the same half circle ....
it’s a feature .....!!!!!!!!
Do we pull the plaster down !!
And deal with the dust ???
I was on my Back like a 🐒
I could NOT get up for the laughing πŸ˜‚

The mezzanine ...... roof πŸ‘€

still not finished or even nailed in
with insulation hanging out ...

I felt they were walking me threw a students commune ...
whist not buried in shite ...

IT was nothing I’d show anyone after 2 years unless I was looking for .. CASH πŸ’°

2021 so far has shown that dan and LOTL
Clearly have their fingers on the pulse of loads of vulnerable cash givers

And yes it’s the cash givers option to give

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you πŸ™

My heart sank at last nights vlog
Begging bowl 🍲 from 20 seconds there’s a crack on the counter ......
So BLOODY what ....

The level of disappointment is complete -
I was routing for them both β€œ literally β€œ

Why are they disappointing me more - well dan gave every impression of been vaguely mortified by the blogging .....

for Analise to say .... the sliding doors are rotten ... I d love French doors πŸšͺ

Here’s the thing - neither of you could plan a piss up in a tea cup -

clearly Dan the MAN hasn't a sense of scale or style -

runs headlong into massive jobs and neither finishes or completes any fully -

a πŸ‘… of white paint 🎨 to finish a job until the interior designer πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ¨ arrives .... or a joint agreement on colors

But we building an extension !!!!

In the sitting room ... we blocked up the same half circle .... it’s a feature .....
Do we pull the plaster down !! And deal with the dust ???
I was on my Back like a 🐒
I could NOT get up for the laughing πŸ˜‚

The mezzanine ...... roof

still not finished or even nailed in roofs
with insulation hanging out ...

I felt they were walking me threw a students commune ... whist not buried in shite ... IT was nothing I’d show anyone after 2 years unless I was looking for .. CASH πŸ’°

2021 star far has shown that dan and LOTL
Clearly have their fingers on the pulse of loads of vulnerable cash givers

And yes it’s the cash givers option to give
The most valuable thing in that shack is the chandelier.

• Haha
  • Heart
I am sure you got some basic structural elements done first. The La La chateau is ridiculously too big for what SJ and Nic originally intended - a 5 year flip. 15 years later still no insulation in roof and parts (servant quarters) barely visited. In the video (i think 36) where rooms in the stable coutyard were cleared by a volunteer/workaway/potential bed buddy, SJ said SHE HAD NEVER ENTERED THEM in 14 years of ownership. Unbelievable. The shutters are not properly pinned back and are in danger of blowing off in a storm or falling on someone's head (SJ quote). She has the money from patreon for the dog shutters and a volunteer counted how many needed (as SJ didn't know how many windows she had). According to SJ, the marquis lived in one apartment. His caretakers lived in nic and marie's flat and the family visited periodically throughout year. They have other chateau.
Agree, it was only a small part they lived in, the rest left to ruin.

Reactions: 2
πŸ‘ Sure but bagsie sit on the chaise next to the cooker in the kitchen 🍸
Is it a 52 seater coach? If so can I come and sit next to the cocktail cabinet.?

I like them too. I saw the episode where they decided to open a patreon account, and the where almost shaking because they didn't want to us to beleive that they were beggars, but so many friends had suggested it so the thought they would give it a try. They are a hardworking couple and they do all they can themselves.
Yes exactly, I watched them as an antidote to the Grifter Diaries. Sort of to even out the cosmic karma. Make sure I watch the ads too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Lurker of the Shattoo threads and now a brand new poster, yes I found this site thanks to BG. I'm not a Super Fan but very disappointed in what I've read in the threads (so far). Yes I even (still now) donate money on Patreon, but this shall cease as of tonight. How is SJ able to get away with this, when its not even hard to find the real info on her...
Welcome πŸ‘

Title suggestion made by @LB89 not by me (too much honour 😳)
Either, both, use 1 for the next thread! One for following one! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

@Clara Burnett Do you know anything why SJ and MPotts separated? Obviously it was SJ who broke off with him, otherwise she wouldn't have let him buy in to the property later. Isabelle's house in SA is near MPotts' family house, were they engaged to be married and planned moving to SA? Why Derek&Isabelle bought a house in SA, they don't seem to have any connections to the country and buying a holiday home so far away doesn't make a lot of sense without the SJ&MPotts connection?
The lovely beach side property in SA was originally bought by SJS parents. They did it up. Percy had his own place.

Nearly time to vote for a new thread title!

@Hemerocallis - β€œVenetian crown while the chateau burns down”
@Raspberrybrulee - "Better a Mickey Dodger than an Edmund Fokker"

E.& o.e.

Or variations thereof... ???

I think it is interesting that the two most liked posts of this thread have been @Clara Burnett sharing the sordid details of SJ's narcissism, and @Raspberrybrulee pointing out that SJ is no different from any other celebrity/hussler using her looks to get ahead.

This is proof for me that tattlers on here seem to be a well balanced and well rounded bunch in their appraisal of the Chateau Diaries... I do think, though, that the moral barometer changes depending upon a person's life experience. Those who have been badly burned, or who have witnessed those they love being plucked bald by someone like SJ, will have a different opinion to those who have not...

So, let's celebrate the fact that we can discuss such a contentious issue and all agree to differ at times without turning psycho/sycophant.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I am happy that I can finally contribute something. I am not in close contact with my friends anymore, but I am still angry about the injustice of what happened to them.
You got my fire stoked up again with all your info!... Can we just set up a Q & A with Clara?

Haha, did Ian do the job? I saw him setting the wires wrong for the mirror in Marie's new bath.
And the new lighting outside! Still 1 inch under ground? Another fire hazard!

After months of watching (only) SJ vlogs - I haven’t watched any of the others - only bits and pieces of one or two of MP’s but if think there was something wrong with the sound cause all I got was β€œAGA”... and now reading above about Dan, it still astounds me beyond comprehension why or how they can do this. Make videos, upload them, and basically ask people to give them money. Just that. Give me your money. I have a list as long as my arm of things I need to get done in my house (love it but it’s a money pit built in 1847)... the idea of someone sending me money through a go fund me page so that I can get my floors sorted, or the flue in the dining room done, or get the holes in the walls fixed so gale force winds stop blowing through..... - this is my house. My problems. My issues. I suppose what I find equally incomprehensible is that people (the fans) think the content in these videos is worth paying for at all. You would think by now I’d have gotten my head around the madness of it all but every now and then I suffer a relapse....πŸ₯΄
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘β€

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.