The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With apologies to Raspberry:
'Better a Mickey Dodger than a Volunteer Fokker'.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What once burnt down can't burn again ?
It turned out that the fire was caused because they used the wrong cables. After the temporary repairs on the fusebox that burned down, the cables were not changed, so it could have easily happened again.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
@Clara Burnett Do you know anything why SJ and MPotts separated? Obviously it was SJ who broke off with him, otherwise she wouldn't have let him buy in to the property later. Isabelle's house in SA is near MPotts' family house, were they engaged to be married and planned moving to SA? Why Derek&Isabelle bought a house in SA, they don't seem to have any connections to the country and buying a holiday home so far away doesn't make a lot of sense without the SJ&MPotts connection?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really liked this pair. They just went for it. A lot of people talk about doing things, watch the programmes & think we could do that. I don't think they're grifters, they're grafters. When they went to France it was just the start of things going tits up in the world. I don't think anyone could've predicted what would be happening this time a year ago. They certainly do have the renovation skills & had a reasonable amount of ££ behind them, lived in a tent in the barn for a long while whilst renovating. Hopefully things will look up for them.
I like them too. I saw the episode where they decided to open a patreon account, and the where almost shaking because they didn't want to us to beleive that they were beggars, but so many friends had suggested it so the thought they would give it a try. They are a hardworking couple and they do all they can themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Perhaps this alludes to inheritance tax and therefore income falling (‘business’) after his death. Maybe they had to sell assets to pay a tax bill ?

Clara may I ask did you ever get a picture of the sort of man Derek Jarvis was (say from conversations) Bohemian ? Eccentric ? Brilliant ? Amusing ? Under the thumb of Isabelle ? And also, the relationship he had with Stephanie ? Im not alluding in any way to anything illicit but I don’t know of another child/person who is quite so spoilt and indulged as SJ has been (‘so then we went shopping’ / ‘Daddy bought me this linen in Russia’ /My father bought this furniture for me’ / Daddy and I always shopped at this gallery’/ ‘Daddy and I loved shopping at Spode’/ ‘Daddy andI loved the Factory Shoos ‘ .... etc etc 😹 🛍 🛍 🛍 🛍

Welcome here ! So pleased you have seen the veil lift. I have been following these threads and the CD’s from inception. One thing I have never been able to fathom, and I ask you this with great respect for the choice you made to donate, I understand you’ve enjoyed the vlogs and they’ve brought you pleasure, indeed I really enjoyed those early ones of chateau life and Stephanie’s more natural ‘performances’ myself, but when Patreon money started rolling in, I was amazed that a woman who has SOOO much, would be given even more (perhaps on occasion from people with less than she has....) to me this is the greatest mystery of all

My question is ‘on what basis did you donate and give SJ money ?’ Was it just that the videos brought you enjoyment or was there an aspect that you thought she was struggling and wanted to help her fulfill her dream ?
It’s not a catch question and neither answer is wrong btw !
As I sad already, I pay my 5 bucks as a fee to get extra content. In the beginning I meant to do it one time and to binge watch and leave again. But I continued because I thought it is worth the money. But I would never pay more. I consider it as a entrance fee not a donation. This is part of my "allowance" I allow myself, like instead of a Starbucks coffee for example. Otherwise I am a sensible person not wasting my money 🤣 (e. g. for 5 Euro a month I could easily upgrade my nursing insurance, which would be smarter to do 😁)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Question is :is she donating at all?
True but I believe she will donate because she may be asked to produce ‘acknowledgment’ letters/certificates . doubt she will hold these up on Gift Grabs to come.

The main reason I think she will donate is because, in the scheme of things, what she is ‘losing’ on her charity donations is actually costing her very little. The donations will be tax deductible and she can use the PR aspect to put a spin on it to her own advantage.

Reactions: 13
Newbie post - hello!

Oh Dick and Angel are making bank. Dick is listed as one of the show’s producers.
Don’t forget, Dick had a couple of series UK TV shows in UK with his first wife and their son, all about living sustainably. He has a lot of experience and common sense in regards to TV work and Angel is also very switched on. There is also his army pension. They were well set up financially to begin with.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
You know whilst shocked I am not suprised when I think about it. They only got fire extinguishers throughout chat-oo last year. I remember being amazed that people would stay in such an old venue. Also the amount of alcohol and parties and candles. It's a wonder the place hasn't gone up.
“Save the tapestries Dyson Airwrap™“

View attachment 383175

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Lurker of the Shattoo threads and now a brand new poster, yes I found this site thanks to BG. I'm not a Super Fan but very disappointed in what I've read in the threads (so far). Yes I even (still now) donate money on Patreon, but this shall cease as of tonight. How is SJ able to get away with this, when its not even hard to find the real info on her...
Dear BlueandWhite I forgot to @ you earlier and asked a question about why you donated initially. Sorry am at work and haven’t got time to cut and paste /restyle. If you read back you’ll see my question!
Have fallen down a hole here this morning 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 7
@Clara Burnett Do you know anything why SJ and MPotts separated? Obviously it was SJ who broke off with him, otherwise she wouldn't have let him buy in to the property later. Isabelle's house in SA is near MPotts' family house, were they engaged to be married and planned moving to SA? Why Derek&Isabelle bought a house in SA, they don't seem to have any connections to the country and buying a holiday home so far away doesn't make a lot of sense without the SJ&MPotts connection?
Back then you could have black South African for almost no money to work around the house. Almost like being a farmer in South Caroline with your own slaves. My boss used to have a company in SA and spent every winter there. What I heard from him: alot white trash came there just for the superior feeling to have someone underneath them.
They all opened a B&B with a little bit of investment and instantly had a crew of stuff and basically did nothing themselves. Also my experience when I travelled the country when on honeymoon. Even in 2003 long years after apartheid black South African behaved in a servile and submissive way, always bowing, walking backwards when leaving. I felt very uncomfortable, but I can imagine some people get a high from this.

So anything familiar? 'volunteers' working for you and you can feel like a princess?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
OMG, I am so glad you found us, Clara. I almost get optimistic for 2021!
I am happy that I can finally contribute something. I am not in close contact with my friends anymore, but I am still angry about the injustice of what happened to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It turned out that the fire was caused because they used the wrong cables. After the temporary repairs on the fusebox that burned down, the cables were not changed, so it could have easily happened again.
Haha, did Ian do the job? I saw him setting the wires wrong for the mirror in Marie's new bath.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
he is getting more in patreon that some people get for working full time.

he also works / self employed at least two days at lala land.

he also gets paid through YouTube.

He also had a few gofund me that has funded any work they have done so far.

as for premier yes there is always someone donating when people premier. I haven’t notice them previously premiering so can’t say how much they made through that.
After months of watching (only) SJ vlogs - I haven’t watched any of the others - only bits and pieces of one or two of MP’s but if think there was something wrong with the sound cause all I got was “AGA”... and now reading above about Dan, it still astounds me beyond comprehension why or how they can do this. Make videos, upload them, and basically ask people to give them money. Just that. Give me your money. I have a list as long as my arm of things I need to get done in my house (love it but it’s a money pit built in 1847)... the idea of someone sending me money through a go fund me page so that I can get my floors sorted, or the flue in the dining room done, or get the holes in the walls fixed so gale force winds stop blowing through..... - this is my house. My problems. My issues. I suppose what I find equally incomprehensible is that people (the fans) think the content in these videos is worth paying for at all. You would think by now I’d have gotten my head around the madness of it all but every now and then I suffer a relapse....🥴

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
That's her.

All I know is, is that Isabelle really did not want children and having SJ was her compromise to Derek's desire of having a family.
And then he went and got Gerry instead 😂

After months of watching (only) SJ vlogs - I haven’t watched any of the others - only bits and pieces of one or two of MP’s but if think there was something wrong with the sound cause all I got was “AGA”... and now reading above about Dan, it still astounds me beyond comprehension why or how they can do this. Make videos, upload them, and basically ask people to give them money. Just that. Give me your money. I have a list as long as my arm of things I need to get done in my house (love it but it’s a money pit built in 1847)... the idea of someone sending me money through a go fund me page so that I can get my floors sorted, or the flue in the dining room done, or get the holes in the walls fixed so gale force winds stop blowing through..... - this is my house. My problems. My issues. I suppose what I find equally incomprehensible is that people (the fans) think the content in these videos is worth paying for at all. You would think by now I’d have gotten my head around the madness of it all but every now and then I suffer a relapse....🥴
You can find this behaviour in real life, too on so many levels. People coming to your place never bringing a host present. I had people bring a bottle of wine, but then my own was only drunk by coincidence and then they took theirs home saying that it was not needed anyway 😁But then asking for a contribution when they once have a party. People asking for a ride but never offering one. Just entitled people

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
As I sad already, I pay my 5 bucks as a fee to get extra content. In the beginning I meant to do it one time and to binge watch and leave again. But I continued because I thought it is worth the money. But I would never pay more. I consider it as a entrance fee not a donation. This is part of my "allowance" I allow myself, like instead of a Starbucks coffee for example. Otherwise I am a sensible person not wasting my money 🤣 (e. g. for 5 Euro a month I could easily upgrade my nursing insurance, which would be smarter to do 😁)
Thank you for this. I do recall you saying that and although I don’t do it myself now (my perception of SJ has altered since reading here) I must admit I was going to donate exactly the same amount, for the same reason - binge watch them cancel !
I was asking new member @BlueandWhite because I was interested they mentioned that after reading here (directed by Brenda no less 😂) they would be cancelling their Patreon.

Im
Lucky to still be working throughout lockdown and it’s as much as I can do to keep up here. I am SURE that I’d be paying my entrance fee as you so rightly phrased it, to back-watch and equip myself with more knowledge. I do appreciate patreons like you sharing info that I/others don’t have access to. It all adds to the bigger picture 🙏👏😄

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.