The Chateau Diaries #75 Dan an honorary VIP on here. We could refer to him as DTMVIP.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While I am by no means an interior decorator, I like the minimalist approach to design. Showcase the beauty of grand possessions, and own it.
Have you ever seen Kanye West & Kim K's house in LA? I saw it on her doing 73 Questions With Kim Kardashian, and I really love it! It's like the complete opposite of LaLande. Now I also love colour and pattern and art, but their house is a type of art all on its own. They call it monastic minimalism. Last night I rewatched it on YouTube trying to imagine SJ in it!!

Reactions: 5
I don’t think those candles were EVER in style…not even in the 80’s or 90’s! 😆 I guess I’m very traditional when it comes to candles on the dining room table…only white candles in the dining room for me.
Oh no honey, those are brothel candles!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
How is it that these fans think the chateau belongs to Michael??? 🤔

EFC20BBB-57B9-405E-8FD8-33F22A514BD0.jpeg
848CF80A-5955-4A8E-BCE4-96A05CBB557B.jpeg

To answer the question “how are you able to afford the chateau?”…well, here’s how you model your life…hope and pray that your younger brother gets into a relationship with a woman who inherits enough money to buy a chateau. Then, convince them to let you move into the chateau in exchange for “working on renovations.” Then, don’t do any renovations to the chateau…set up a YouTube channel and Patreon account, and take that money to run off and party in Spain! You, too, can succeed in life! 😊

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I had no idea the Patreon totals were public on the landing page until I saw people posting it on these threads. Her Patreon monthly totals are just below what I made for all of last year busting my butt in an ‘essential’ industry. People can obviously give their money to whomever they please for whatever reason but it still chaps my🍑. One would think all that ‘restoration money’ would actually help things get finished faster.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The front hall is a major drop zone! Needs a tidy again! MP was noticing all kinds of things that need done on the "castle" (seems they are using that word more often lately in their titles, why is that?) and mentioning them to Billy, who seems very aware of it all. Other than that and the "dong", not much there.
I really get the distinct sense that MPK is just “dialing it in” on these videos. He said he would be relaunching his channel…I guess I was expecting something a little more spectacular than what I’m seeing at the moment. I keep saying “is this it?” Maybe we’ll see something more exciting on relaunch #4! 😊

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Busy is exactly right. I get having a love of beautiful things but that doesn’t mean they do well all in the same space together. I can’t even ‘see’ what she used because every piece is screaming over the other. Negative space and neutral or solid back drops go a long way. I used to do flower arranging for a landscaper and he would always take 1/3 of my flowers out because it was too crowded visually. That’s how I feel looking at the vignettes. I want to remove some of it.
In my first job at 16 I had to arrange a Christmas window display. Thinking what would appeal to the kids I put one of every single toy under the tree. Lol. They took most of them out the next day.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Have you ever seen Kanye West & Kim K's house in LA? I saw it on her doing 73 Questions With Kim Kardashian, and I really love it! It's like the complete opposite of LaLande. Now I also love colour and pattern and art, but their house is a type of art all on its own. They call it monastic minimalism. Last night I rewatched it on YouTube trying to imagine SJ in it!!
Reminded me of this scene from Ab Fab!

1634523417483.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Our house is kind of similar, except we live on the water (and it's a bit smaller- my saltwater pool is smaller as well!) The majority of our furniture is Tommy Bahama (overpriced, but looks good and is functional.) The previous owners called in an interior designer to select the color palette and hired painters to repaint- other than my office (which was a horrid burnt orange, and we re-painted in a cream colour.) Our dogs are kind of assholes, and treat the formal living room as their parlour (no use trying to deter these jokers- we've given up, and are now the people who put towels and throws on our cream-coloured formal living room furniture unless we have guests- "Fancy couch? We own. Where man with Barkbox? We neighborhood watch!" These jokers have pet beds EVERYWHERE, and an entire family room they can hang out in, yet "You need rename 'formal living room' as woggie living room- we like here!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Question for you Brits. DTMVIP (Dan) talks in Two Blokes Talk Food about how surprised he was over the comments reacting to the teasing and British humor between him and Stephanie. I do enjoy some good jabs and teasing, but then there have been some that have seemed over the top to me, the innuendo about his overnight stay, in particular. So was that really Brit humor and I was just too sensitive to it? Or was that a mean jab?
Honestly, I didn't see the big deal in it (not a Brit). I just took it as a joke that he drank too much (probably with his bff Amaury) and stayed over. I didn't see that as innuendo at all

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Honestly, I didn't see the big deal in it (not a Brit). I just took it as a joke that he drank too much (probably with his bff Amaury) and stayed over. I didn't see that as innuendo at all
I thought he spent the night troubleshooting the rusty radiators with Amuary! SJ was quite snarky the next day about it (I seriously felt compelled to slap her), and tried to make it more than it was to distract from her own "shitshow at the Shitoo". (Seriously girl. You've made your bed- go lay in it and stop trying to deflect.) If I were Annalise, I'd seriously be POed at SJ for trying to create drama where there was none.

Reactions: 18
3 cheers to Team Tacky for a job not well done. Not even Chris' silver nail varnish could save the missing style in the photo.
Glad the Christie's Arc is over, as Christie's didn't have time for any more of SJ's shenanigans, or was is because she had a flight to catch grand ball to be at?!
Who knows, who cares.
View attachment 815105
I thought red/white dress lady was pregnant? Am I thinking of someone else? Also. I could only stomach about 3.5 minutes of the vlog.

I thought red/white dress lady was pregnant? Am I thinking of someone else? Also. I could only stomach about 3.5 minutes of the vlog.
I think Jill may have been a victim of the COVID 15- or 30. I like Jill, so whatever. She's a sweet person. But I did think her dress was the tablecloth pattern!

I hope you get your Persian rugs cleaned once in a while - at least once ever other generation.
They get cleaned at springclean, every Februari.. but they are mostly in rooms we dont use much..and your right... i think we have a few.. hundreds of years old..have to check the archives..i think we still have the invoices...

• Wow
Reactions: 8
They get cleaned at springclean, every Februari.. but they are mostly in rooms we dont use much..and your right... i think we have a few.. hundreds of years old..have to check the archives..i think we still have the invoices...
My parents accidentally wandered too close to a rug shop on the San Antonio River Walk and found themselves being pulled inside and served wine. They felt bad because they would have had to sell a tractor to buy a rug.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Yeah, he's stayed over before when Matt was the Shitshow. Remember, Matt, Sellyman and Dan got drunk in the kitchen and played hijinks with the plates and table!

Reactions: 15
Did you make it with Duke's? (Any other mayonnaise is blasphemy in potato salad.) Regardless, I'm on my way! Don't be alarmed when to find a T Rex wearing a bib, armed with a knife and fork, scaling the fence into your backyard- you had me at "ribs on the slow cooker"! (I'll bring you more wine.)
Sorry T, I'm a Yankee and we use Hellman's Mayo up North. Funny you mentioned that though, because I was thinking I should try Duke's if I can ever find it. Anyway, your welcome to pop over, anytime!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I think Jill may have been a victim of the COVID 15- or 30. I like Jill, so whatever. She's a sweet person. But I did think her dress was the tablecloth pattern!
She is pregnant.

• Wow
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.