The Chateau Diaries #75 Dan an honorary VIP on here. We could refer to him as DTMVIP.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I, too, had a HobNob addiction back in the 90s (along with Jacobs coffee- crikey, I was going through a sleeve of digestives a day, and a packet of coffee every 3 days!) I weighed 56 kg, and am 180.5 cm tall. It was a dark time- I found a support group on AOL (I did not cook back then). I still love coffee (but have seriously cut back), and will always be "greatful" (here's to FKW) to my neighbor in Italy who took pity upon me, and taught me how to boil water, and cook properly. Every now and then, I'll buy a sleeve of HobNobs for nostalgia, but I do agree with your brother, they're not the same. Still yummy, but a sleeve will last for a month before I need to toss the other half that has gotten stale.
I rather think that the problem is the lack of salt. Everything is salt-reduced these days (for no reason but bad science). Oats and salt are an ancient marriage made in heaven!
That's my porage genes speaking there 😋🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Heart
Reactions: 12
i learnt french in school..later in life i learnt spanish too...i found it funny french and spanish have some things in common..the word for working in french and spanish is almost alike...
I am going to the Netherlands on Sunday for two weeks (by car). I have visited your country numerous times.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Don't forget, Dan is not really a gardener in the full sense of the word. He's not really anything, except perhaps a vlogger dad. Other than that, he's a jack of all trades, master of none kinda guy. Just a younger, wittier, and a more creative English version of Selmar who can't butcher the Tango. :LOL: ✌ :LOL:

If you don't like what I wrote, ignore or scroll on! I'm a Tattler, I don't rattle. :LOL: ✌ :giggle:
well isn’t he a trained chef?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I am going to the Netherlands on Sunday for two weeks (by car). I have visited your country numerous times.
thats nice..what things are you going to visit and what do you like most? just curious..

Remember that one time Dan got conscripted by mini apron to work in the rain?

"It doesn't matter, I'm already wet."
View attachment 820552

SJ: What happened?
MPK: B-roll.
View attachment 820553
mini apron got the whip over his back...now the cat is not at home the mice play on the table..

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hmmmmmm...... did she send them to Gerry to make sure the they arrived?........... he has already been to the chateau, did she say that she had bought them on sale ages ago? if so, why didn't he bring them before? She lies so much.
The more she embellishes, the more she's lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dan doesnt like to get wet...most gardeners do get wet from time to time...in this time of year doing work..but..he likes it better to snooze up with Amaury in the toolshed...the electrician is coming to check on the electric things done by themselves......yeah right...not gonna believe that...Dan is learning fast to keep up the smoke and the dirty mirrors...
If it's Ian the electrician it might be true though 😂
In my country an electrician might do it only if you still pay him the same like when he did it himself

Reactions: 6
If it's Ian the electrician it might be true though 😂
In my country an electrician might do it only if you still pay him the same like when he did it himself
i dont get that...in The Netherlands we have to let a nutral company check all our electricity once in a while for the insurrance..when fire breaks out..and it appears you have done it yourself , and not having it checked..they dont pay...

Reactions: 5
I am studying Dutch language
I took a few courses in Dutch when I was studying at Uni. When you know German and English you can sort of guess most of the words. I am trying to regain it, bought a copy of Het Actherhuis, I... I just need to read it - so many other books cut my reading queue... 🙈

That's my porage genes speaking there
Mmm.. Oat porrige, sprinkle on some sugar, a knob of (salted) butter and let it melt in the middle, and a glass of full fat milk. That's the usual* Danish way. 🤤

*Oldfashioned, traditional, non-hipster

• Heart
Reactions: 18
i dont get that...in The Netherlands we have to let a nutral company check all our electricity once in a while for the insurrance..when fire breaks out..and it appears you have done it yourself , and not having it checked..they dont pay...
Really, in private homes, too or just huge estates?
We get a check up in new buildings or apartments only. But true, whenever there's a damage and it seems it is not done by a professional they won't pay.

Reactions: 5
when fire breaks out..and it appears you have done it yourself , and not having it checked..they dont pay...
This is the same in most places.
Here in Canada if any of your building work is not done up to code, you can't even be insured... in some cases you won't even get electricity or water connected to your building unless you pass inspections.

But then again, the majority of building work here is done after getting a permit. not sure if it's the same in rural france or everyone can willy nilly pick up a screw driver and change the wiring in a large area of their home!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

new thread

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.