The Chateau Diaries #44 Once again the flogs are full of of Tits, Tat and Tedious Tours.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just so there's no confusion, this is Andrew. You'll be seeing a lot more of him (not too much we hope!) from now on and I (Teabag) will be seeing a lot more of his other end.
I've seen Andrew's other end, too. I have a picture of it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Lalande's recent pay to volunteer guest Nichola's pictures of Chambre Perse...
No one wants the old skinny beaver (ferret taxidermy) and peacock feathers in their guestroom!!!! :sick: A saggy mattress, the bed's foot board is in rough shape, ugly contemporary bed side lamps, questionable bedding, etc., it all makes me itch.

This comment from today's live chat:
Philip Janssen Everything was so beautiful at Rebecca and Tim’s and I’m super happy we were able to share it with all of you

Now that you have seen what tasteful looks like, THIS IS NOT IT!!!!! STOP PUTTING tit IN THE GUESTROOMS!!!!

View attachment 658350 View attachment 658352
This is what I think of as SJ's body dysmorphic style.
The unevenness/amateurish/low rent/cheesy variation on the finishes....the baby blue in the rug is all wrong, matching the sleazy coverlet to the rug is catastrophic, the lamps are matched to the rug as well, there are super expensive yellow silk curtains NOT coordinating, and the tragic 19th c dead French granny decor (taxidermy, feathers, a mirror apparently not hung and tragic china horribles on the mantel better suited to the poverty-stricken teenager she thinks she is, taking pocket money from friends)....I'm all for a good high-low or anachronistic zap in a room like this, but those lamps aren't it, especially with the college dorm feathers and ferrets. And while the move toward cream for the rug was the right move, the baby blue is antithetical to everything the Persians have ever stood for. Not one thing rings true. And the scabby bedstead is insolent for what she's charging here -- ca. $300 a night. Erggggh.
For €180 ($213) a night you can stay at this nearby place:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Love the investigative work on the rooms by current guest photos! I have inspected many a guest room for a living from 5 star on down. Can’t wait for my vacay at lalaland.🧐 this should be good fun…

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Nope didn't hook up with him but chatted to him a long time ago
i see! I don't know the extent and content of your convo but if it was enough to form an opinion on the guy, what is yours and what impression did he make on you, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: 7
(Lalande is most definitely not in the middle of nowhere, it is surrounded by heroic examples of respectful renovation by middle class people on budgets.
It is well and truly in the middle of nowhere, which explains the very low price per square meter (around €600-€800), one of the lowest in France. In fact, prices have dropped by 21% over the last year! Anyone buying there would need their head testing!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Love the investigative work on the rooms by current guest photos! I have inspected many a guest room for a living from 5 star on down. Can’t wait for my vacay at lalaland.🧐 this should be good fun…
Hope your tetanus shot is current! I would make sure I had some Clorox wipes with me as well. AND maybe some bug spray. :sick::sick:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lalande's recent pay to volunteer guest Nichola's pictures of Chambre Perse...
No one wants the old skinny beaver (ferret taxidermy) and peacock feathers in their guestroom!!!! :sick: A saggy mattress, the bed's foot board is in rough shape, ugly contemporary bed side lamps, questionable bedding, etc., it all makes me itch.

This comment from today's live chat:
Philip Janssen Everything was so beautiful at Rebecca and Tim’s and I’m super happy we were able to share it with all of you

Now that you have seen what tasteful looks like, THIS IS NOT IT!!!!! STOP PUTTING tit IN THE GUESTROOMS!!!!

View attachment 658350 View attachment 658352
This bedding reminds me of the ones most French grandparents seem to have in their old fashioned houses. and you couldn't pay me enough money to make me sleep in one of the beds at LL. We've seen how she stores her linen in her nasty laundry room. I'm sure one night in these sheets and I would wake up with a nasty rash in the morning 🤢
Also the color of this wallpaper gives the impression that years of smoking have taken place in this room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
A bit off topic,sorry. Why does castle ten berghe have a patreon if they dont seem to be doing any work?and they do seem affiliated somehow to some other castle via booking.com?

Reactions: 1

Moderator lease be advised new thread

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.