The Chateau Diaries #35 Tattlers don't Rattle when Lie Lie Land tries to Battle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only way to do men young enough to be your child or grandchild is the way David Geffen and Calvin Klein do it. They've got to be spectacular.
And that's not cheap.
The $$$$$. If they were exact same people living in a two bedroom in Florence, Alabama - only action would be viewing it online.

Reactions: 1
He is not investing in the HMN, he is investing in SJ. The guy is still head over heals, despite having married a far prettier and nicer person. To protect this interest and his wish to grow old with her, he will always keep investing in her. He knows her well enough to predict she will f**k up this new wealth, as she always does. He can then go back to being her knight in not so shining armour.
Thank you Clara. I admit I had only been looking at it from a financial point of view. In view of what you say, can I ask your opinion on how Nic will feel about and, be treating Philip? Is there jealousy or is he as polite and welcoming to her partners as she appears to be towards his? He endured her marriage to someone else and her relationships with people from all classes. It is implied by Steph that Nic and Potts are close, despite the fact Potts was close to Steph for ten years. Is that the case? Was Oliver always just a friend (implied) or is he an ex too? How does she manage to keep such a hold on these people? I must admit, Nic's strategy of not appearing on camera seems wise, as he does not get discussed here - apart from pointing out he is ridiculous to wander round in a chicken mask.

Reactions: 9
Darcy Mc makes an interesting point. If Oliver and Gerry buy in at ten per cent each, and some other random pays in another ten per cent for their share, then Nic and all the others (including Potts) would own ten per cent each (assuming Nic received the cash for his share) and Steph would own fifty per cent. She may want to own sixty and increase her interest so that she cannot be outvoted. Then Nic gets most his investment back and buy something that will be an enhancement to his portfolio, but still has all the benefit of the chateau. There is not much point in keeping his share, as the value of the chateau is not going to increase much beyond what it is now, despite the repairs. Why stay invested, when you do not have to, and patrons will pay for everything? Steph might as well keep it and now she will not have to invest any inheritance in it, she will be quids in too.
These men are making emotional decisions and it's bad for their finances. Loyalty, love, friendship and belonging can be so so expensive.

All I hear about is people getting violently ill after being injected. You all are very fortunate. Mostly people in U.S. Strange.
We got Moderna shots. Slightly sore arms. Doesn't compare to the body pain after cleaning up gardens all weekend! People are more likely to talk about when something happened. What is there to talk about when nothing happened? It unfortunately makes it sound like the vaccines cause more problems than they really do.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
❤ (🐶) TY! You know, in all seriousness, I have been attempting to not be so judgmental regarding Jarvis...not be such a b*tch.
But after reading the callous, uncaring response she gave...to the owners...and thinking of my dogs and how loving, innocent and needy they are...for her to coldly say ‘they could fend for themselves’....for days???

Well, my first impression was correct: Jarvis You SUCK.👿
I find it difficult to believe that she and whomever it was with her would say that and if they did intend to leave dogs absolutely alone with noone else to care for them then perhaps they left what they thought was a decent amount of food and water. Not sensible or caring behaviour I agree but I cant see them just driving off. Where were the dogs? Inside or out? free roaming or caged/chained?

Reactions: 2
Thank you Clara. I admit I had only been looking at it from a financial point of view. In view of what you say, can I ask your opinion on how Nic will feel about and, be treating Philip? Is there jealousy or is he as polite and welcoming to her partners as she appears to be towards his? He endured her marriage to someone else and her relationships with people from all classes. It is implied by Steph that Nic and Potts are close, despite the fact Potts was close to Steph for ten years. Is that the case? Was Oliver always just a friend (implied) or is he an ex too? How does she manage to keep such a hold on these people? I must admit, Nic's strategy of not appearing on camera seems wise, as he does not get discussed here - apart from pointing out he is ridiculous to wander round in a chicken mask.
A chicken mask made by Nati!

Reactions: 3
mine was a fireman, he was very gentle 🤣

Looks like we need a new thread - someone who knows how to do it
I got two hairy bikers, who were such lovely guys. They were paramedics. I was wearing a leather biker jacket, so it felt right!

Reactions: 5
I would hate for my 2 ex husbands to keep popping back into my life. There's a reason they are exes! One did try but I thank goodness, he's given up finally. (He's incapable of commitment, total male slut.) Why would anyone want to keep their exes dangling, and why would anyone with an ounce of self respect keep hoping to get back with their ex, especially when they are with someone else.? How does the new wife put up with it. These people are very strange. Are they all lacking in self esteem? Stephanie seems to attract very pathetic men. I'm not hard hearted. I see my exes at family dos, we have children and grandchildren after all , they are easy to get on with, and I like their wives. My 3rd husband gets on well with the exes. The situation at the chateau seems to be, not the civilised way most families cope with this situation, but a gathering of pathetic exes, still hoping to win SJ back, with their long suffering partners in tow.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes...ah...‘there’s the rub’...she has a beautiful face, far more naturally beautiful than Jarvis. Yet, she’s built like a line backer.
Hence, why her old man keeps returning...Jarvis has her one upped there.
SJ is the size of a child!!! Marie is a tall woman of pretty average size!!! Not all men prefer skinny and bony 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So very true. Poor kid. It has always been like that, except when there’s friends around with children of their own, that actually know what it takes to keep them safe and care for them. They don’t. Even before her vlogs, in the world of SJ there’s only room for one star to shine bright, the rest of the characters are walk-on parts in the movie portraying her life.
TBH when I heard that Antoine is sent in a boarding school for his primary school, I thought : hmmm interesting.

As someone said, it's not common in France or Belgium to send your kids to a boarding school (especially at 10/11 year-old like Antoine is).

I had a very positive opinion about Marie but now I really don't know.
Is she under influence... if you see my point ?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.