The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good grief, I go offline for a bit and it's turned into animal farm! šŸ˜‚

I took one for the team and watched the vlog. Don't make me do it again!!

On entrance to the Cathedral, I couldn't help think of Alan Bennet class for the souls who are good.

Commentary wise- I do think there has been a plum swallowed somewhere. It seems to be a new style of ennuciation in the Cathedral as opposed to outside.Architecture sounds like 'Ark-I-tek-tier' I notice a lack of snorting whilst she is talking.

Philip has found his organ...well done Philip, it saves camel toe if you find it. šŸ˜Š

Outside commentary ennunciation reverts back to 'wow, incredible' etc rather than from a tour guide. A distinct change, 'preddi reasonable and yeah.'

I was a bit confused when she had 'a quick lick around the emmause.' It reminded me a bit of the UK prog 'Allo, Allo!'

Let's end with a jolly rendition on an out of tune organ...Mrs G, has gotten very sarcastic in her old age!!

So all in all, I won't repeat viewing.

Back to the farm! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Has bjj got the sack, and has porky fingers fanny been taking our advice again re his:poop: editing. Why is this being posted on frk insta page?????
Volunteer. Biatch makes enough to pay. But someone who lables her employees the help while pretending to be an offended American would expect everyone to work for her lazy @$# for free.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
In todayā€™s episode of Sundays at the Shat-a-loo, Stephanie and the Gang take us to a cathedral. Strap on your seatbelts and grab your masks tattlers, weā€™re going to Bourges!

Before we start out on our journey, we are greeted by Stefanny, donned in a bold pink lipstick from The Bedroom Trim collection from Revlon. Today she will be playing the role of ā€˜pretentious tour guideā€™. We jaunt into the kitchen where meet up with Nutty and Philip dressed for their roles as ā€˜the ladies in waitingā€™. They compare their costume choices, black, white, and tartan. Can you believe that Nutty and Staphy never wear black?! Yeah, me either. Enough about the dress code, whereā€™s Marie? Surely sheā€™ll be joining along for the field trip. Off we go to gather Marie...

We find Marie at the entrance of the old floral studio. She obviously didnā€™t get the memo about the dress code. In an act of defiance, Marie has decided not venture off with the others and stays behind. Stuffy throws a casual insult Marieā€™s way, ā€œMarie, you weasel!ā€. Marie, either blinded by the sunlight, or perhaps holding back tears after being insulted by the Lady of LaLande, confesses that she has too much work to do to go on frivolous outings. She invites us inside her ā€˜businessā€™ where her flowers are laid out on the table. Marie explains that she was gifted 4 boxes of flowers from a mysterious stranger. How nice that they sent her toys to play with. Marie bids us farewell, but the look in her eyes says, ā€œI hope you choke on a croissant.ā€

Off we go on a Sunday drive through quaint French villages as we are serenaded by copyright free piano music. Weā€™ve made it to Bourges and stop to take in the scenery of landscaped trees and buildings while walking down to street, the cathedral in the distance. The suspense is building and we finally make it! Stiffany, entranced by the magnificent beast of a building, ponders life great mysteries, ā€œhow do they build such things?ā€ Give her minute, she hasnā€™t grabbed the cathedral history pamphlet yet. As Stephaneee goes over her lines, we walk down the most quaint, idyllic little street, up to the back of the cathedral. It wouldnā€™t be a Steph tour guide video without getting lost on the way to the entrance. We ascend up a stone staircase, through a courtyard of pruned trees to the gothic cathedral.

The moment youā€™ve waited for has finally arrived. Itā€™s time to begin the tour. Stephaknee, equipped with her Wikipedia print outs and cathedral history pamphlet begins. She has finally found the front of the building and begins describing the facade and the history. The camera pans up and down over the stone work. Iā€™m desperately trying to be interested, but truth be told, Iā€˜m bored to tears. Screw it, Iā€™m skipping ahead to the interior and Iā€™m taking you with me...

The tour commences inside with Stiffanee having a transcendent experience as she describes the interior. She continues spouting facts about the building of the cathedral. Insert b-roll footage of cathedral and angelic music. Cue Philip amazed by a chandelier and snorting over the size. We now find out the intent of trip, Stephanie is there for the windows. This video just became interesting! Is she going to smuggle stained glass out of the cathedral? Is Philip going to hide them under his hat? That must be where Nutty is hiding, sheā€™s already removing them and stashing them in the car. My apologies to get you excited, weā€™re only here to gaze upon them as our tour guide reads whistfully from the pamphlet about their history. Insert more b-roll and angelic music.

Moving on to comparing this magnificent cathedral to Lalandeā€˜s chapel, you had to know that was coming. We find ourselves admiring a clock that doesnā€™t work as our tour guide gives us another history lesson pulled from the pamphlet. Iā€™m getting distracted by the fact that Nutty is still missing. Is she confessing her sins in the confessional? Is she hidden away feeding history facts to the pompous tour guide through a tiny bluetooth? Maybe she fell asleep somewhere after hearing Stephanie drone on and on, much like myself.

Cue Philip again, amazed by the organ, probably not the first organ heā€™s been amazed by. Philip takes is upon himself to take over the tour. Fascinated by wood, he begins talking about the ceiling.

Just when you thought this video couldnā€™t get more exciting, we go back outside and weā€™re going shopping! No, for real this time! We find Nutty, who must have gotten a jump start shopping at Zara, and meander through a little shopping district. We marvel at the mix of modern and historical buildings. Time to head into an emmaus and look around. Steph spots an old encyclopedia of decorative arts, gazes upon it while giving us yet another history lesson. Our favorite shopping addict, Philip encourages her to purchase it, as its only 25 euros. She declines over concern that sheā€™ll never use it, and she only wants to focus on buying things they will use. The camera cuts to Steph holding an atrocious lamp for the attic bedroom, for this is a much better use of her money. Philip and Nutty try to hide their disdain for the lamp by deflecting onto the fact that it doesnā€™t come with an atrocious lampshade. She decides against purchasing as to not add additional clutter, I, for one, am shocked, as this has never stopped her before. We continue looking through more, um, whatā€™s the word? Crap, we continue looking at crap.

Back into the car we go, off to another brocante, where, you guessed it, we look at more crap. We play ā€˜spot the clownā€™, ā€˜whoā€™s the first to get vertigo in the book section?ā€™, ā€˜find the ugliest lampā€™, and ā€˜name that tuneā€˜ as Philip plays Canon in D on a half working organ. Steph purchases a French cookbook, which made an appearance in the last vlog. Sheā€™s going to prove to one and all that she can, in fact, cook French cuisine. Moving on. The camera pans on to artwork, obligatory porcelain, Madame Lamballe in a picture frame along with a history lesson about her gruesome death, etc, etc.

Now youā€™re probably saying to yourself, ā€œthis has been such an exciting Sunday, but can we go home, please?ā€. Yes! We head back to Lalalande, and are informed that lockdown is over, but we have to be home before 6, which is curfew. Lockdown is over! Hurrah! Easter of Excess will commence!

This is where our journey ends. If you stayed awake for the entire history lesson, you get a round of applause! You did much better than myself. Now I must be off to make Piperade for the family, as we always celebrate Sundays at the Shat-a-loo with aperitifs and French cuisine on the terrace.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
In todayā€™s episode of Sundays at the Shat-a-loo, Stephanie and the Gang take us to a cathedral. Strap on your seatbelts and grab your masks tattlers, weā€™re going to Bourges!

Before we start out on our journey, we are greeted by Stefanny, donned in a bold pink lipstick from The Bedroom Trim collection from Revlon. Today she will be playing the role of ā€˜pretentious tour guideā€™. We jaunt into the kitchen where meet up with Nutty and Philip dressed for their roles as ā€˜the ladies in waitingā€™. They compare their costume choices, black, white, and tartan. Can you believe that Nutty and Staphy never wear black?! Yeah, me either. Enough about the dress code, whereā€™s Marie? Surely sheā€™ll be joining along for the field trip. Off we go to gather Marie...

We find Marie at the entrance of the old floral studio. She obviously didnā€™t get the memo about the dress code. In an act of defiance, Marie has decided not venture off with the others and stays behind. Stuffy throws a casual insult Marieā€™s way, ā€œMarie, you weasel!ā€. Marie, either blinded by the sunlight, or perhaps holding back tears after being insulted by the Lady of LaLande, confesses that she has too much work to do to go on frivolous outings. She invites us inside her ā€˜businessā€™ where her flowers are laid out on the table. Marie explains that she was gifted 4 boxes of flowers from a mysterious stranger. How nice that they sent her toys to play with. Marie bids us farewell, but the look in her says, ā€œI hope you choke on a croissant.ā€

Off we go on a Sunday drive through quaint French villages as we are serenaded by copyright free piano music. Weā€™ve made it to Bourges and stop to take in the scenery of landscaped trees and buildings while walking down to street, the cathedral in the distance. The suspense is building and we finally make it! Stiffany, entranced by magnificent beast of a building, ponders life great mysteries, ā€œhow do they build such things?ā€ Give her minute, she hasnā€™t grabbed the cathedral history pamphlet yet. As Stephaneee goes over her lines, we walk down the most quaint, idyllic little street, up to the back of the cathedral. It wouldnā€™t be a Steph tour guide video without getting lost on the way to the entrance. We ascend up a stone staircase, through a courtyard of pruned trees to the gothic cathedral.

The moment youā€™ve waited for has finally arrived. Itā€™s time to begin tour. Stephaknee, equipped with her Wikipedia print outs and cathedral history pamphlet begins. She has finally found the front of the building and begins describing the facade and the history. The camera pans up and down over the stone work. Iā€™m desperately trying to be interested, but truth be told, Iā€˜m bored to tears. Screw it, Iā€™m skipping ahead to the interior and Iā€™m taking you with me...

The tour commences inside with Stiffanee having a transcendent experience as she describes the interior. She continues spouting facts about the building of the cathedral. Insert b-roll footage of cathedral and angelic music. Cue Philip amazed by a chandelier and snorting over the size. We now find out the intent of trip, Stephanie is there for the windows. This video just became interesting! Is she going to smuggle stained glass out of the cathedral? Is Philip going to hide them under his hat? That must be where Nutty is hiding, sheā€™s already removing them and stashing them in the car. My apologies to get you excited, weā€™re only here to gaze upon them as our tour guide reads whistfully from the pamphlet about their history. Insert more b-roll and angelic music.

Moving on to comparing this magnificent cathedral to Lalandeā€˜s chapel, you had to know that was coming. We ourselves admiring a clock that doesnā€™t work as our tour guide gives us another history lesson pulled from the pamphlet. Iā€™m getting distracted by the fact that Nutty is still missing. Is she confessing her sins in the confessional? Is she hidden away feeding history facts to the pompous tour guide through a tiny bluetooth? Maybe she fell asleep somewhere after hearing Stephanie drone on and on, much like myself.

Cue Philip again, amazed by the organ, probably not the first organ heā€™s been amazed by. Philip takes is upon himself to take over the tour. Fascinated by wood, he begins talking about the ceiling.

Just when you thought this video couldnā€™t get more exciting, we go back outside and weā€™re going shopping! No, for real this time! We find Nutty, who must have gotten a jump start shopping at Zara, and meander through a little shopping district. We marvel at the mix of modern and historical buildings. Time to head into an emmaus and look around. Steph spots an old encyclopedia of decorative arts, gazes upon it while giving us yet another history lesson. Our favorite shopping addict, Philip encourages her to purchase it, as its only 25 euros. She declines over concern that sheā€™ll never use it, and she only wants to focus on buying things they will use. The camera cuts to Steph holding an atrocious lamp for the attic bedroom, for this is a much better use of her money. Philip and Nutty try to hide their disdain for the lamp by deflecting onto the fact that it doesnā€™t come with an atrocious lampshade. She decides against purchasing as to not add additional clutter, I, for one, am shocked, as this has never stopped her before. We continue looking through more, um, whatā€™s the word? Crap, we continue looking at crap.

Back into the car we go, off to another brocante, where, you guessed it, we look at more crap. We play ā€˜spot the clownā€™, ā€˜whoā€™s the first to get vertigo in the book section?ā€™, ā€˜find the ugliest lampā€™, and ā€˜name that tuneā€˜ as Philip plays Canon in D on a half working organ. Steph purchases a French cookbook, which made an appearance in the last vlog. Sheā€™s going to prove to one and all that she can, in fact, cook French cuisine. Moving on. The camera pans on to artwork, obligatory porcelain, Madame Lamballe in a picture frame along with a history lesson about her gruesome death, etc, etc.

Now youā€™re probably saying to yourself, ā€œthis has been such an exciting Sunday, but can we go home, please?ā€. Yes! We head back to Lalalande, and are informed that lockdown is over, but we have to be home before 6, which is curfew. Lockdown is over! Hurrah! Easter of Excess will commence!

This is where our journey ends. If you stayed awake for the entire history lesson, you get a round of applause! You did much better than myself. Now I must be off to make Piperade for the family, as we always celebrate Sundays at the Shat-a-loo with aperitifs and French cuisine on the terrace.
@Mummy Dearest I've been waiting for your review!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Has bjj got the sack, and has porky fingers fanny been taking our advice again re his:poop: editing. Why is this being posted on frk insta page?????
She has the working bees taking care of her affairs, of course. How is she going to justify her 70 hours/week job I wonder...? :unsure:

If editing is a JOB like she always remarks, then stop asking for volunteers to do it. Be a warm blooded human being for once, and pay them for their working hours.

The world is going through a tough time, and everybody is struggling one way or another. Just because there are poor souls out there that would like to have the experience for free (or a good looking guy who wouldn't mind providing maintenance procedure to the chatelaine), is no reason to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

Next time, I won't bother to watch the vlog. I'll just wait for your review. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sorry I haven't attached the quote directly - the comment re Channel 4 & DIY producers distancing themselves from the childessness and craziness of the Trotters, etc is so right. The behaviour being demonstrated by all is concerning in its immaturity and how it escalates. I don't regularly watch D&A I do respect the business approach they have. As mature adults they must be amazed at what they observe. And I do judge any other vloggers on who they associate with.

Reactions: 9
No, Iā€™m not triggered by SJ at all! šŸ˜‰ Yes, in her own way, Marie is a grifter (or wannabe grifter) and yes, Marie has taken her lead from the much older and experienced SJ. My comments are about how Stephanie treats people and bullies Marie, and she doesn't get a pass just because Marie's a grifter, too.
Classic projection, indeed. An astonishing choice of words: spontaneous, but not in the least amusing or charming, and that's how she chose to open the vlog, before then going on to church! It's bullying. I was just posting earlier on Marie's years of misplaced devotion. SJ reacts horribly if she feels her position of power is threatened, if anyone dares to say no to her, regardless of how small or inconsequential the matter. Ironically, I'd like to see more of this: the raw, abusive, desperately insecure and manipulative Stephanie, the true self behind the rictus smile, so the swindle might finally come to an end. Her time at Bruges would have been better spent asking a priest to guide her through the stages of contrition, but that would require humility and self-awareness, two gifts she'll never get in "Chateau Unwrapped!"

Anyway, watching someone be bullied is NOT entertainment, nor should it be presented or accepted as such.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She has the working bees taking care of her affairs, of course. How is she going to justify her 70 hours/week job I wonder...? :unsure:

If editing is a JOB like she always remarks, then stop asking for volunteers to do it. Be a warm blooded human being for once, and pay them for their working hours.
Scrounging isn't a job - it's scrounging. She's a scrounger and they're scroungers, and so are all the other chĆ¢teau owners on YT who are connected with her or the Petherdicks.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well you all forced me yet again to watch that vlog! I did cheat though, as I scimmed over quite a lot!! What was more interesting were the comments - go back and read them - the Cathedral, the music (someone thought SJ was going to sing) how calming, magic, beautiful .... you get the idea! All I could think about was that photo in lalalandeā€™s chapel, the food on the alter and the orgies parties ... if only these people, could see how she abuses her own chapel. The remarks wouldnā€™t be so complimentary!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
He wasnā€™t editing the vids though. ? in an old vlog he couldnt do an
invitation and mandy had to
do it.

Reactions: 14
Cue Philip again, amazed by the organ, probably not the first organ heā€™s been amazed by. Philip takes it upon himself to take over the tour. Fascinated by wood, he begins talking about the ceiling.
"Fascinated by wood" ties with "the absolute clusterfuck of chateau folk" (@Incognito Chatelaine) as the most snortable phrases of the day for me.
šŸ‘ƒšŸ‘ƒšŸ‘ƒšŸ‘ƒšŸ‘ƒ 5 Stars Schnozzes!

• Haha
Reactions: 10

We find Marie at the entrance of the old floral studio. She obviously didnā€™t get the memo about the dress code. In an act of defiance, Marie has decided not venture off with the others and stays behind. Stuffy throws a casual insult Marieā€™s way, ā€œMarie, you weasel!ā€. Marie, either blinded by the sunlight, or perhaps holding back tears after being insulted by the Lady of LaLande, confesses that she has too much work to do to go on frivolous outings. She invites us inside her ā€˜businessā€™ where her flowers are laid out on the table. Marie explains that she was gifted 4 boxes of flowers from a mysterious stranger. How nice that they sent her toys to play with. Marie bids us farewell, but the look in her eyes says, ā€œI hope you choke on a croissant.ā€

Off we go on a Sunday drive through quaint French villages as we are serenaded by copyright free piano music. Weā€™ve made it to Bourges and stop to take in the scenery of landscaped trees and buildings while walking down to street, the cathedral in the distance. The suspense is building and we finally make it! Stiffany, entranced by the magnificent beast of a building, ponders life great mysteries, ā€œhow do they build such things?ā€ Give her minute, she hasnā€™t grabbed the cathedral history pamphlet yet. As Stephaneee goes over her lines, we walk down the most quaint, idyllic little street, up to the back of the cathedral. It wouldnā€™t be a Steph tour guide video without getting lost on the way to the entrance. We ascend up a stone staircase, through a courtyard of pruned trees to the gothic cathedral.

The moment youā€™ve waited for has finally arrived. Itā€™s time to begin the tour. Stephaknee, equipped with her Wikipedia print outs and cathedral history pamphlet begins. She has finally found the front of the building and begins describing the facade and the history. The camera pans up and down over the stone work. Iā€™m desperately trying to be interested, but truth be told, Iā€˜m bored to tears. Screw it, Iā€™m skipping ahead to the interior and Iā€™m taking you with me...

Moving on to comparing this magnificent cathedral to Lalandeā€˜s chapel, you had to know that was coming. We find ourselves admiring a clock that doesnā€™t work as our tour guide gives us another history lesson pulled from the pamphlet. Iā€™m getting distracted by the fact that Nutty is still missing. Is she confessing her sins in the confessional? Is she hidden away feeding history facts to the pompous tour guide through a tiny bluetooth? Maybe she fell asleep somewhere after hearing Stephanie drone on and on, much like myself.

thank you ! I watched it till she called marie a weasel. So glad to read I didnā€™t miss much.

Reactions: 9
At the time I definitely though Stephanee was bi. All that cuddling on the chaise with Marie in the kitchen, and on the bed. Lots of hugging. Throw the dynamic sexy Dana into the mix (who was not SJ's frenemy at the time but one of er best chums) and I was convinced that her sexual preference was fluid. Maybe it was just a way of bonding people to her. to do her bidding?
Narcissists like SJ will do anything with anybody if they gain from it .

Reactions: 10
Attention to all guests attending Lalalande for Easter celebrations.

As we are unable to leave my beautiful Chateau to shop, due to that nasty Mr Macronā€™s horrible Covid 19 regulations, please take note and bring the following with you. Recommend minimum of six twenty bottles of each variety per person.

Belgium: For those travelling from Belgium (or even through Belgium) - lots and lots of chocolate. Gin and mixers.

Dutch (inc Denmark /Sweden/Norway etc)
Wine, gin, chocolate and cheese (not that tasteless Edam) Do not buy the wine from those tourist supermarkets - as they only sell cheap French stuff and Iā€™m sick of drinking cheap French supermarket wine (get the good stuff).
Danes donā€™t forget the bacon - lots, and lots and lots of bacon.

Germany: Wine (not that crap Riesling) gin, cheese and chocolate - sausages would be good too. Forget the sauerkraut (unless you want to eat it)

Italy: Wine, Cheese, pasta, ham, plus Panettone- I know itā€™s not Christmas- but with no tourists there must be loads left in the shops. Doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s a little stale because I can toast it - love it toasted with a cup of tea in bed. Plus any left over can be made into a puddings - warm it up, cover with cream and a few strawberries (if any in garden) and with everyone so pissed theyā€™ll eat anything. (no crappy Italian chocolate though).

Portugal : Port (no Sherry - mummyā€™s not here) plus call in at a good supermarket and get some wine, cheese, ham etc., just use your common sense.

France: Wine (not supermarket stuff) brandy, Calvados, champagne, gin, cheese, liquors - lots!

UK: Gin, gin and more gin. Whiskey and whisky lots of both - need Irish (because although Iā€™ve never been there, I have one of their passports) & Scottish because I was born there and Scotsman is coming. Cheese, proper mature cheddar and Cheshire, Stilton, Caerphilly, Red Leicester, Wensleydale in fact get everything. Pork pies (M&S) get loads, dying for a pork pie (sausage rolls as well) if you can acquire a cool box fill up with fish fingers and Birds Eye burgers (canā€™t buy those bloody things here) Gin ... did I mention gin? Tea - Tetley, PG, Typhoo and pop into F & M and get some smoked Earl Grey - several dozen tins.

Everywhere else in the world: Bring whatever you wish - as long as it includes, wine, gin, cheese, ham, liquors and decent chocolate. Plus any other delightful gifts you may wish to bring for me!

I might need someone to pick up Scotsman. Donā€™t know where from as yet, as it all depends on where he lands. Heā€™s going to Dover at night (no curfew in UK), picking up a discarded dinghy and heading to France (thereā€™s a novelty). Heā€™s hoping to land somewhere along the Normandy coast, but heā€™s not too sure exact location as his granddad couldnā€™t give him very accurate details - 1944 is a long time ago. Anyway, when he arrives he will ring and give us a map reference or road sign or name of some bar to pick him up. Camel toe was suppose to be collecting him but heā€™s gone home and his mum might not let him come back!

Final instruction(s) everyone bring your own sheets and towels - I havenā€™t time to wash and clean up - thatā€™s something else you will have to do before you leave. For the 28 people who came at Christmas you donā€™t need to bring your own sheets. You can use the same bedrooms as per Christmas because the sheets are still on those beds. For everyone else itā€™s first come best rooms. Late comers it will be camp beds in barn or Selmarā€™s camper van.

Donā€™t worry about bread, Marie will collect 126 baguettes every day fresh from the bakery. On the subject of bread - my darling Michael Potts Iā€™m sorry but you will need some fresh sourdough as that idiot Nati has killed the culture you left at Christmas. (Please also bring some flour if you want to bake bread or make pizzas) thank you daarrrling!

Please remember everyone, absolutely no one must know you are coming here. I will deny all knowledge of anyone breaking lockdown rules in their country if they are caught by the police ... youā€™re on your own.
Looking forward to seeing you and your presents at Easter.

Your darling
Chatelaine Stephanie xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Boyfriend requested I wait until he's here to watch the tit show. He bought me a nerf gun just for the show. Marie looked genuinely hurt for a second or two when the rat faced heifer called her a weasel. She even staggered back a bit. Helllooo she's the only one not getting paid to be in your video. Of course she doesn't want to go watch you spray your cooties all over a church you're supposed to be wearing a mask in. Philip with the pointing up saying the buildings like he's Rain man was riveting. Keep up the bullying and I am graduating to a voodoo doll.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.