The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now you are in the confessional my son and this is not the first time that you have talked about this then your penance I am afraid will be harsh. You can choose which of these vlog viewings you must do: 3 Selmar. 3 Sadie does Paris (stop that thought there my son or you will be given even more penances) 3 Phillie & Angie. No skipping through or fast forwarding (remember it will be on your conscience if you do). Go forth in peace & mend your ways.
I've watched Selmar. I appreciate he escapes at the weekend. He has the right idea. I am only on 1 viewing though... 😂😘 Merci, merci, merci 😂😇

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m under the impression, could be wrong, that all the cadeaux Money goes to charity. The patreon money is for the chateau renovation only and must be accounted or separately and the money from youtube subscribers on chateau diaries is their income, plus rental of chateau air BnB (when Covid isn’t a problem)
I agree with how you’ve laid it out. What I’m pointing out is that money put into a charity or foundation can then be billed against for “expenses”— including lease payments to the owners of the property where the foundation operates. It’s a slick way of having more tax free income go to the three owners. Things such as travel for “research” is another example.

Reactions: 4
Can I just say that I love that you mentioned Christine McConnell!❤ Excellent example of the right way to do Patreon! She has more creativity in her pinky finger, than Steph has in her entire Shat-a-loo. I was hoping CD and SJ were going to have a similar type of creativity when I found the channel, because the first video I watched was her making the historical dress. Not even close!

The difference with Christine is that she works hard for her patrons, I’m not one of them, hopefully someday. But if the Patreon videos are anything like her YouTube videos, the quality has to be top rate. She‘s professional, a great teacher, provides tons of content, talented, she does everything: sewing, home decor, baking, crafting, painting, woodworking, sticks to her aesthetic of ‘creepy beautiful’, doesn’t rely on others for content, she dresses beautifully in her vintage style, and she doesn’t use the “poor me” act to lure people in. There’s a reason she has over 11,500 patrons.

Steph, on the other hand, is lazy. I’ve seen the few Patreon video posted on tattle. She‘s not providing anything of value in the Patreon videos. Nothing that would ever inspire me to waste money on them. She doesn’t teach anything, besides maybe the occasional history lesson on expensive items, I care nothing about. They are not entertaining, no production value, just the standard YouTube videos, but you have to pay for them. She relies on others for content for both. She pisses me off to no end! She could make interesting videos if she put in the effort, but again she’s lazy. She will never be on a Christine McConnell level, but what’s stopping her from putting a little production value into her videos, investing in better equipment. At 100,000 subscribers, $25,000 a month, plus ad sense, I expect a vlogger to invest in better equipment than filming on an iPhone, it’s usually one of the first things they do when they start making real money. Others will disagree, and that’s totally OK, but she has the potential to put out great content. All it takes is some confidence in your abilities, creativity, effort, a bit of stage presence, and money. She has the money but she doesn’t want to try to do the rest. She has a treasure trove of potential content and completely wastes it and posts boring drivel instead. I’ve said it before, but make something! Show that you’re more than an empty-headed dimwit! If you’re going to entice people to pay for content, give them something worthwhile, and prove you’re worth the extra money. The only thing she’s proven to me is that she can walk around filming, talking to others, and not fall on her face. And that she’s good at getting suckers to pay for nothing in return.
Well said!
As part of my penance, I watched the Sunday vlog. I could have quoted some of that voiceover, directly from the Cathedral website or google pages.
People are a bit gullible if they are taking all of that in.
I like progressive Vlogs, which I think could be a strength if she adopts a style similar to that of Christine's Vlog.
I suspect that she gets away with it because her disclaimer is that it is about Chateau life and to her that is her life.

Christine Mcconnell is awesome. Skankanee is a narcacist. Without an entire team to manage her she ain't doing anything worth while. That team would have to be experts in narcissistic brat wrangling. For her it's about people proving they love her with money and gifts. It's not about being professional. It's all ego fodder.

Here is exibit A. Thirsty narcacist hoping to get some strange d while 🐪 toe is away. Note the hoish standing in front of the window in a dress that was clearly see through on the dress form. Note the insecure covering of the hands over some bulges. Of all the pics available in her video she chose portrait of a thirsty ho.
Please forgive me for a second sin...oh wait better not comment as Mrs G may well see...😱 I will add another Selmar to my penance. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Scotman ( An unfunny legend in his own mind ) isn’t short of money . He funds the 5⭐ Trips , he will bring lots and lots of money to the Chateau .. I’m hoping fans get sick of his stupid persona , if he’s an advert for Scotland I’m for separation , I hope he gets on her nerves full time
Scotsman is not funny, he is very very creepy..... :sick:

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.