The Chateau Diaries #209 Fanny runs through her so called friends like toilet paper!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
its the same with silver cutlery...i sometimes clean it together with the housekeeper...and than i think...omg am i really eating my food with it.. after this mess...its a huge task...and it gets so dirty so quickly again...we prefer stainless steel...for daily use..i love a good dishwashing machine..... ;) and if something breaks...who cares...we use very simple and cheap dinnerservices for daily use..convenience is my middle name...
Ah but according to smugmug they are intending to use their silver cutlery with the atrocious plates “bought” by him for their dinner parties in the garden, which will probably be held under the unfinished pergola. In reality this will be a picnic amongst the scraps of wood which are still nailed to the posts to keep them upright and who the hell uses silver cutlery at a picnic. That twit of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I thought they were going to adorn the dripping wet corridor walls with them... get Amoury to knock up some shelving amongst everything else he has to do. I'd be worried about putting blue tac up on the walls let alone drill into them... the whole house is ready to fall like a pack of cards
Fingers crossed. 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 13
its the same with silver cutlery...i sometimes clean it together with the housekeeper...and than i think...omg am i really eating my food with it.. after this mess...its a huge task...and it gets so dirty so quickly again...we prefer stainless steel...for daily use..i love a good dishwashing machine..... ;) and if something breaks...who cares...we use very simple and cheap dinnerservices for daily use..convenience is my middle name...

i think our cher Marquiss pointed it out...and i agree...wealth you have..no need to flaunt it...thats very middle class...
IMHO, if you ever have to declare whatever class you feel you are, then, that it is totally unnecessary. In "my" world it makes no difference to me. I simply don't care what I have or, others have either - less or more. If we have a mutual connection - that's all that matters! Simples, regardless of class/status.
AND, I have friends in very high places and very low places in society too, none of which in my everyday life matters to me. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I totally agree with you, who the hell needs a dinner/glassware service for 48 people these days? Plus, where the hell would you store all that in a modern house today?
Apologies in advance as I know that some of you here would have previously heard this before.
When I downsized 18 months ago - I sold one third of my 45 year gorgeous gifts/furniture/collectibles as I knew that they had true provenance and "vintage" value in the current market imo, donated another third AND, kept the remainder for my new home. Perfect!
As it happens, I still have some gorgeous MCM furniture pieces and crockery - which I view and use, every single day. If that is not the case, then it has to go!
Actually, when I downsized, I gave my son everything he needed to set up his new home BUT, without the condition that he had to keep any of it. It was just about getting him started in his new single life until he knew, could afford and, decided, what he ultimately prefers and what works best for him. I am not that precious! And, there were no real heirlooms involved, either. :ROFLMAO:
Isn't that what mothers do?
and another thing...heirlooms are only heirlooms when the people who recieve them see them as such... ;) when they dont see the point of keeping it...its just old crap in a way...and i have to say ....i agree in a way...the value people give on things is just as much as a person is willing to pay for it...nothing more...and nothing less..

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ah but according to smugmug they are intending to use their silver cutlery with the atrocious plates “bought” by him for their dinner parties in the garden, which will probably be held under the unfinished pergola. In reality this will be a picnic amongst the scraps of wood which are still nailed to the posts to keep them upright and who the hell uses silver cutlery at a picnic. That twit of course.
who would they invite on these parties? there is enough plates in the house to serve 3 course meal to a small town

• Haha
Reactions: 22
My husband who pretends not to watch looked up from his book and said if Maastricht high school had lockers Philip was most likely to be stuffed in one but the bullies were defeated because there was too much china stacked in his locker!
Your husband's funny.

Last edited:
  • Haha
You have to admit it's really tragic that I have to think of Phi Phi Janessen while I'm eating dinner?
For dinner I have Perkelt which Phi Phi miscalled Gulash.
And what's more, I'm eating from a ordinary, cheap gray plate!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
and another thing...heirlooms are only heirlooms when the people who recieve them see them as such... ;) when they dont see the point of keeping it...its just old crap in a way...and i have to say ....i agree in a way...the value people give on things is just as much as a person is willing to pay for it...nothing more...and nothing less..
Heirlooms are just family memories = in most instances, not worth anything outside of the family. Therefore, should be passed down through the generations as such BUT, only if the those that they are passed onto don't view them as crap - otherwise pointless and will be binned. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
IMHO, if you ever have to declare whatever class you feel you are, then, that it is totally unnecessary. In "my" world it makes no difference to me. I simply don't care what I have or, others have either - less or more. If we have a mutual connection - that's all that matters! Simples, regardless of class/status.
AND, I have friends in very high places and very low places in society too, none of which in my everyday life matters to me. ❤
i totally agree...but i have to say...when people try to impress me with designersstuff ..and i know they really cant afford it..i think about them as silly twats..nobody has to impress me..i have friends in all ways of life and society..i get along with everybody..its about your personality..if you can understand people...not sitting on a high horse...and thinking you are better than anybody else...because nobody is...being humble is the best way to go through life...

I am gonna tell a story...in our village there lives a man...many villagers try to avoid him...they call him the mad wanderer...dont know if this is the right word...he lives in a rented house on the edge of the estate..not one of our houses..he always wears a very dirty coat...he has a filthy beard..and when i pass his house i can see and smell he isnt very clean....his old bicycle always hangs against the window,...he likes to make walks in our park..so.. i very regular bump into him...as i talk with everybody ..i sat with him once on a fallen tree and we talked...He used to be a professor in university...at some point he thought this wasnt the life he wanted to live...he got overworked and collapsed..we always have good conversations and he is very clever...he thought me one thing...never judge a book by its cover...looks can be very deceivable..he has a very good view on things...i wish though he would be a little more hygienic..i even offered to him to send somebody to clean his house...but he declined..i have to say...i more like this person than a person who is trying to impose me with wearing designerclothes..but in the end has nothing to offer..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I’m think of my sister in law who is a shopaholic and a hoarder and now broke because of her addictions, she would give my kids crazy things like a soup tureen or tea sets, placemats. None of which was actually bought specifically for the child who received it was just a way to justify buying the items. Nearly everything she gave them was donated to local charities. Now my husband has to bail her out each month because she is so in debt and can’t meet her monthly expenses
I've just watched an older episode of Hoarders - the old lady had a humongous mansion that she'd filled with stuff to the ceiling in every room so she was living in her truck...................she still couldn't part with anything and the mansion had been sold - the lovely couple that bought it wanted her to select from the contents even though they legally owned everything. She had nowhere to go and nowhere to put anything - she was so trapped in her mental illness, noone could get through to her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
those disgusting plates are never gonna end up in that corridor of doom...just piled up in the attic or a barn...just where they came from i suspect..Those lunatics only buy to buy...they are addicted to auctionsites...btw what should they be doing otherwise during the night.... :rolleyes: i dont think much action of the flesh...is going on in the bedroom there between the two of them at least..
Fixing his hair takes time….
He bought hundreds of pieces of poor quality china when she spends hundreds on ONE plate. Surely she does not want to give his grandpa chic sh1t houseroom ?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
@billybudd
Sounds like the slumber party from hell. We could wear matching Spode twirl bathrobes, give each other Rita Rakus electronic facials ZAP, and paint each others' toenails yellow.
I won't say I hate carryout pizza with a passion hotter than the mother of 1,000 suns, but I will prolly be ordering in Afghan or Peruvian food. You? And think of all the menopausal Veuve Cliquot we could stuff into the mini fridge.
All disco all night long.
Life is sweet!!!!!

My choice for a delivery but to be honest my preference would have to be to eat at the restaurant (to avoid the mould and the dirt) would be Ottolenghi on Upper Street. Within easy walking distance of her flat and the most delicious food.

• Heart
  • Haha
i totally agree...but i have to say...when people try to impress me with designersstuff ..and i know they really cant afford it..i think about them as silly twats..nobody has to impress me..i have friends in all ways of life and society..i get along with everybody..its about your personality..if you can understand people...not sitting on a high horse...and thinking you are better than anybody else...because nobody is...being humble is the best way to go through life...
Actually I would never describe myself as being humble as I have always been rather outspoken in my everyday life against injustice/scams of any kind etc. I know that in the past, I would have been a Suffragrette, without a doubt - and not one from the upper classes from those days either.
BUT, just being me has worked fantastically during my life because its all about "do unto others, as you would wish they do unto you".
AND, I am in no way religious either, just how I feel about life nowadays. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
who would they invite on these parties? there is enough plates in the house to serve 3 course meal to a small town
Probably all the needy in the local area as new flues Fanny is a shining example of largesse in the community. The local Marie knows it and just look at how much she give to charity both locally and internationally, particularly certain business concerns in S A.

• Haha
Isn't that just the truth. And it's not like she's in a hurry, she can wait YEARS for the perfect bargain to show up.
Cat was busy cleaning up the china pantry , now bootless boot room.
The precious silver tea set was visible on the shelf as was the pottery cheese dome she remembered from her childhood.
They were on shelves and then her big not at all MariE Kondo clear out sees them in the bottom of a box she has not seen them for years she claims
Is she really in such a drunken stupor that she does not visit the rooms in her dump. She has no clue of what is going on. I am sure patron money has been spent.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

I am gonna tell a story...in our village there lives a man...many villagers try to avoid him...they call him the mad wanderer...dont know if this is the right word...he lives in a rented house on the edge of the estate..not one of our houses..he always wears a very dirty coat...he has a filthy beard..and when i pass his house i can see and smell he isnt very clean....his old bicycle always hangs against the window,...he likes to make walks in our park..so.. i very regular bump into him...as i talk with everybody ..i sat with him once on a fallen tree and we talked...He used to be a professor in university...at some point he thought this wasnt the life he wanted to live...he got overworked and collapsed..we always have good conversations and he is very clever...he thought me one thing...never judge a book by its cover...looks can be very deceivable..he has a very good view on things...i wish though he would be a little more hygienic..i even offered to him to send somebody to clean his house...but he declined..i have to say...i more like this person than a person who is trying to impose me with wearing designerclothes..but in the end has nothing to offer..
One, never truly knows the back story to anyone and why they decide to live their lives, do we? ❤

Reactions: 10

i think our cher Marquiss pointed it out...and i agree...wealth you have..no need to flaunt it...thats very middle class...
We also had lots of silver cutlery.
I decided to use the plate for every day as I don’t like stainless steel. The cleaning ( apart from the knife handles) is very easy!
The trick involves a washing up bowl ,tin foil screwed up , say three balls, and a tablespoon of cleaning Soda and hot water. The foil oxidises….and clean cutlery .Done!

• Heart
Here's an early example of Fanny buying a bargain crap.
This ugly octagonal storage unit with a bevelled glass top was purchased at auction from the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Rock in the South of France. Made from chip-board and pine, it once lived out it's usefulness in the hotel's restaurant where it was used as a buffet table. When Fanny acquired it, it obviously had seen better days. She does not mention how much she paid for it. Doesn't matter to her as she's just thrilled it's arrived and can't wait for the China Room to be finished so she can have it installed. Her plan was to use it as storage as the central island in the China Room (never finished), to repaint it (never did), raise it from the floor by building a "plinth" for it to stand on (never happened), adding electric sockets (no sign of work being done there) and run electrical cables under the floor to the center of the room to power it (nada, zip). Featured in one episode, it was never seen again. What a freaking waste! But Tattle remembers.View attachment 1904606
Wait, wait, wait! You left out the best part…didn’t measure it and it was too large for the room!

• Haha
  • Heart
That's a good suggestion, but it reminds me that part of Davy's plan was to have that lawn area regraded, so that it slopes more evenly in such a way as to make the (eventual) lake more visible from the 'castle'. It would make sense for that to happen before erecting said pergola. Then again, they couldn't work the land by the chapel, as the granite bedrock was so close to the surface, so maybe the same problem would apply to regrading the slope of the lawn, should that ever be attempted.
Fanny wants an amphitheater too…. And the moon garden….. they have absolutely ruined how the chapel sat in the landscape. It now looks ridiculous.
The planting beyond it is so un natural and does not blend at all with the chateau, the wood or the chapel.
Did the HOLM oak get planted by the chapel. The cane indicated where it was to be positioned which was way to close to the chapel.

what happened to that set of iron grape furniture she bought wearing her red trousers and reindeer ear muffs, that was so expensive. That was going to be used under the pergola too. What next a train set for squirrel to play with as he has no hobbies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
One, never truly knows the back story to anyone and why they decide to live their lives, do we? ❤
if Fanny lived her hoarding life without robbing anybody under false pretences...i would say...oh she is lovely eccentric..but the way she uses Yt and Patreons to do this... is a very different piece of cake....

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.