The Chateau Diaries #209 Fanny runs through her so called friends like toilet paper!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't that just the truth. And it's not like she's in a hurry, she can wait YEARS for the perfect bargain to show up.
Here's an early example of Fanny buying a bargain crap.
This ugly octagonal storage unit with a bevelled glass top was purchased at auction from the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Rock in the South of France. Made from chip-board and pine, it once lived out it's usefulness in the hotel's restaurant where it was used as a buffet table. When Fanny acquired it, it obviously had seen better days. She does not mention how much she paid for it. Doesn't matter to her as she's just thrilled it's arrived and can't wait for the China Room to be finished so she can have it installed. Her plan was to use it as storage as the central island in the China Room (never finished), to repaint it (never did), raise it from the floor by building a "plinth" for it to stand on (never happened), adding electric sockets (no sign of work being done there) and run electrical cables under the floor to the center of the room to power it (nada, zip). Featured in one episode, it was never seen again. What a freaking waste! But Tattle remembers.
Screenshot_20230123-165642_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Two puffs have put out more rubbish. They should stop spending in their attempts to make friends and impress them and others with trips to hotels. They have two puppies that need to be trained and learn to behave. Ricardo needs to start by training Andrew as he hasn't a clue how to be a pack leader, he's letting the pups lead instead.
i wonder...should i bring three labradors into that hotel..the next time i am visiting Versailles??? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
it will be...her watersystem is ruined..so they can start with that all over again...they also have to dig up that garden to get electricicty in..fontains in a vegetablegarden....you cant make it up....the pumps need to get hidden...what a stupid idea...but so lalande...i also saw in that patreonvlog where she was talking to Kirsty...pruning those appletrees who clearly are at the end of their lives...that there were still plants she ordered still in their potts...not planted yet...
I said yonks ago, who positions an expensive "faux" Indian sandstone pergola in a vegetable garden, simply because who the hell wishes to be surrounded by chickens and peacocks whilst drinking cocktails = tit everywhere? 🤮
Those apple trees MIGHT survive, but every tree has a "life span" too - just like everything/one else in this life!
IMHO, the Jardin d'Anglaise was always a folly because of the unprepared ground area - to say the absolute least. Simply madness and a total waste of Patreon money! :rolleyes:

View attachment 1904590
(I don't collect for 48 - only for 20!)
Is that perhaps PJ's brother by another mother? ❤

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I also got two extensive dinner services as a wedding gift. The other is too bling bling for my taste and the other is a family heirloom set ordered via Dutch East India Company in the 18th century. Grandma said to use it only on very very very special occasions so I'm waiting for the second coming of Jesus and if he accepts my invitation (I'm not into crockery or formal settings either.)
its the same with silver cutlery...i sometimes clean it together with the housekeeper...and than i think...omg am i really eating my food with it.. after this mess...its a huge task...and it gets so dirty so quickly again...we prefer stainless steel...for daily use..i love a good dishwashing machine..... ;) and if something breaks...who cares...we use very simple and cheap dinnerservices for daily use..convenience is my middle name...

I 100% agree with you.
Labels of any kind have never, ever impressed me - integrity, honesty, empathy and kindness is all that matters in my world. Never read a book by it cover also works for me too.
Having said that, 3 strikes theory too these days, without a shadow of a doubt. ❤
i think our cher Marquiss pointed it out...and i agree...wealth you have..no need to flaunt it...thats very middle class...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I said yonks ago, who positions an expensive "faux" Indian sandstone pergola in a vegetable garden, simply because who the hell wishes to be surrounded by chickens and peacocks whilst drinking cocktails = tit everywhere? 🤮
Those apple trees MIGHT survive, but every tree has a "life span" too - just like everything/one else in this life!
IMHO, the Jardin d'Anglaise was always a folly because of the unprepared ground area - to say the absolute least. Simply madness and a total waste of Patreon money! :rolleyes:

Is that perhaps PJ's brother by another mother? ❤
It would look better in the view down to the lake

Reactions: 13
I 100% agree with you.
Labels of any kind have never, ever impressed me - integrity, honesty, empathy and kindness is all that matters in my world. Never read a book by it cover also works for me too.
Having said that, 3 strikes theory too these days, without a shadow of a doubt. ❤
i think our cher Marquiss pointed it out...and i agree...wealth you have..no need to flaunt it...thats very middle class...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
its the same with silver cutlery...i sometimes clean it together with the housekeeper...and than i think...omg am i really eating my food with it.. after this mess...its a huge task...and it gets so dirty so quickly again...we prefer stainless steel...for daily use..i love a good dishwashing machine..... ;) and if something breaks...who cares...we use very simple and cheap dinnerservices for daily use..convenience is my middle name...

I am clearly weird as I have various china sets I use for different occasions but I do a lot of entertaining and I don't tend to make it look ridiculous like Phi Phi

This ugly octagonal storage unit with a bevelled glass top was purchased at auction from the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Rock in the South of France. Made from chip-board and pine, it once lived out it's usefulness in the hotel's restaurant where it was used as a buffet table. When Fanny acquired it, it obviously had seen better days. She does not mention how much she paid for it. Doesn't matter to her as she's just thrilled it's arrived and can't wait for the China Room to be finished so she can have it installed. Her plan was to use it as storage as the central island in the China Room (never finished), to repaint it (never did), raise it from the floor by building a "plinth" for it to stand on (never happened), adding electric sockets (no sign of work being done there) and run electrical cables under the floor to the center of the room to power it (nada, zip). Featured in one episode, it was never seen again. What a freaking waste! But Tattle remembers.View attachment 1904606
This thing was so silly and looks very 80's

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Here in the city, when we have dinner parties at my parent's (max of 20 pax, that's all their extended dining table can seat at once), the caterer provides everything from food to dinnerware. Even when they host parties at their home in Long Island, they employ the same catering company. Very convenient. I don't know of any NY family, in our circle, at least, who still hosts large dinner parties from scratch.

Some social climbing chatelaines are trying hard to revive a dead lifestyle ala Downton Abbey. There is a reason why it's dead.
Our dining table seats 20 with extensions for more. It's rarely used. Our cats like to sleep on it because it's a sun trap. I don't think I even like 20 people enough to cook for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This ugly octagonal storage unit with a bevelled glass top was purchased at auction from the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Rock in the South of France. Made from chip-board and pine, it once lived out it's usefulness in the hotel's restaurant where it was used as a buffet table. When Fanny acquired it, it obviously had seen better days. She does not mention how much she paid for it. Doesn't matter to her as she's just thrilled it's arrived and can't wait for the China Room to be finished so she can have it installed. Her plan was to use it as storage as the central island in the China Room (never finished), to repaint it (never did), raise it from the floor by building a "plinth" for it to stand on (never happened), adding electric sockets (no sign of work being done there) and run electrical cables under the floor to the center of the room to power it (nada, zip). Featured in one episode, it was never seen again. What a freaking waste! But Tattle remembers.View attachment 1904606
that dirty thing was too big to fit in that room...those two nutcases didnt even bother to measure.. :eek: offcourse not..cozy in bed with a few bottles..look how fabulous this would be.....yessss lets buy it...Paaarfect....and so pretty....unbelievable...such .a good bargain...there is not even peacockpoo on it...:LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
It would look better in the view down to the lake
That's a good suggestion, but it reminds me that part of Davy's plan was to have that lawn area regraded, so that it slopes more evenly in such a way as to make the (eventual) lake more visible from the 'castle'. It would make sense for that to happen before erecting said pergola. Then again, they couldn't work the land by the chapel, as the granite bedrock was so close to the surface, so maybe the same problem would apply to regrading the slope of the lawn, should that ever be attempted.

Reactions: 14
That's a good suggestion, but it reminds me that part of Davy's plan was to have that lawn area regraded, so that it slopes more evenly in such a way as to make the (eventual) lake more visible from the 'castle'. It would make sense for that to happen before erecting said pergola. Then again, they couldn't work the land by the chapel, as the granite bedrock was so close to the surface, so maybe the same problem would apply to regrading the slope of the lawn, should that ever be attempted.
it is really very simple...a farmhouse is a farmhouse...you can never make a Versailles out of it....accept it...or sell and move on...its like putting lipstick on a pig...it will never really work..

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think I may have misread your post, as, in no way would have I have ever imagined that you were in any related to PhiPhimodo. Please forgive my error! ❤
LOL. No need for that. I understood your post in jest, and my response was just as tongue-in-cheek. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
if there are cracks in the tower above lawn, then lawn is very likely slowly moving in the direction of the "lake".

• Haha
Reactions: 14
it will be...her watersystem is ruined..so they can start with that all over again...they also have to dig up that garden to get electricicty in..fontains in a vegetablegarden....you cant make it up....the pumps need to get hidden...what a stupid idea...but so lalande...i also saw in that patreonvlog where she was talking to Kirsty...pruning those appletrees who clearly are at the end of their lives...that there were still plants she ordered still in their potts...not planted yet...i also wonder what happened to that so called Marie Antoinette tree...i bet its dead still in one of the outbuildings...that woman makes a lott of pahlava about things to fill a vlog...and forgets about it...moving on with her next lunatic brainwave....
That tree is just a run of the mill Tulip Tree, nothing rare or anything extraordinary about it = Liriodendron tulipifera.
It was simply a favourite tree of Marie Antoinette.
Every Stately Home in the UK has at least one, alongside, a few Cedar of Lebanon too. :rolleyes:

LOL. No need for that. I understood your post in jest, and my response was just as tongue-in-cheek. 😂
I love you, simply because you can always read my mind without me having to explain, even though, obviously I feel I might have to do so. ;) ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
i also was thinking about that belly and ryanna vlog...talking about how Gwen wanted to live the chateaulifestyle...it puzzled me...when they are first rank members of that family...she probably had that lifestyle already...she clearly had not..so i have the feeling they can live comfy from the money they get...but not that wealthy...Belly is giving more info than he thinks he does...Her sister also has a very modest house..nothing wrong with that...but it lets me think about those familyconnections...He also says he could not do the renovations on that convent without YT income...I think it would be better if they didnt bought that convent..and sticked to the chateau instead..but like Belly pointed out...he is easily bored....it runs in the family..not a very good thing to inherit..

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think they do, but only if the platters are from Limoges. They supply crayons too, so imates can draw their own twirl toile on the walls.
Iolair you really have to crack on with that murder mystery. Your ability to invoke a scene is lovely. By the way, possible titles…I suggest you go with a common title for the entire series but that add an individual subtitle. Something like “Death Stalks the Chateau: On Ridiculous Kitten Heels” each subtitle can feature a different potential victim or murderer. Betcha can’t guess who this one’s about!🥸🤓😎

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.