The Chateau Diaries #209 Fanny runs through her so called friends like toilet paper!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i got a silver childrens dinnerservice for one... when i was baptist..complete with a silver beaker and plate...all with my name etc on it...i never used it...its still in its original box...i think it was tradition those days.and .i dont even know who gave it to me...my sister got a complete expensive dinnerservice when she married from her inlaws..for 48 people...she has never used it...and has brought it to the charityshop a few months ago when she was packing in for downsizing....the same with her 48 crystal glassware service....nobody uses this stuff anymore ..who has big dinnerparties these days..i think we only have three a year...most functions are more casual these days. ...we hire people in with.bbq or streetfood...so everybody has something he likes..and can walk around....those dinnerparties just sitting around a table are most of the time utterly boring...
I also got two extensive dinner services as a wedding gift. The other is too bling bling for my taste and the other is a family heirloom set ordered via Dutch East India Company in the 18th century. Grandma said to use it only on very very very special occasions so I'm waiting for the second coming of Jesus and if he accepts my invitation (I'm not into crockery or formal settings either.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The Pethericks belong to a subculture that believes wearing "luxury" items is the best way to impress others with their "wealth."
Meanwhile, the truly wealthy, and might I add, people with class live simply and dress inconspicuously. Interestingly, as shown in the report(s) below, luxury brands don't target the uber-rich individuals, they target the ones between the higher end of the lower class and the middle-class income brackets. My grandpa always said: "Wealth is something you possess not flaunt. Flaunting your wealth is a clear sign that it's already possessed you."

Luxury Brands Target the Middle Class

View attachment 1903392
I 100% agree with you.
Labels of any kind have never, ever impressed me - integrity, honesty, empathy and kindness is all that matters in my world. Never read a book by it cover also works for me too.
Having said that, 3 strikes theory too these days, without a shadow of a doubt. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
OMG - who the hell does this remind us all of and is an example of many of her past relationships?

Reactions: 3
HEY, HEY, WAIT A MINUTE. . . . .
WHERE IS THE GIVENCHY DESK SHE GOT?
Did we see that yet?!
My mind fried at all the STUFF. She is delusional. Decorating. Excuse me, isn’t a ceiling getting ready to collapse? And what the hell is going on with all the blue/white that he son bought? Not only am I overwhelmed at this collection (that started at 200 pounds and then “oh wait” maybe 300 pounds - hope you all heard that part!?) do you think they’ll wash it before they eat off of it?!
I thought they were going to adorn the dripping wet corridor walls with them... get Amoury to knock up some shelving amongst everything else he has to do. I'd be worried about putting blue tac up on the walls let alone drill into them... the whole house is ready to fall like a pack of cards

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The Pethericks belong to a subculture that believes wearing "luxury" items is the best way to impress others with their "wealth."
Meanwhile, the truly wealthy, and might I add, people with class live simply and dress inconspicuously. Interestingly, as shown in the report(s) below, luxury brands don't target the uber-rich individuals, they target the ones between the higher end of the lower class and the middle-class income brackets. My grandpa always said: "Wealth is something you possess not flaunt. Flaunting your wealth is a clear sign that it's already possessed you."

Luxury Brands Target the Middle Class

View attachment 1903392
I love how Billy says the convent project is going to bankrupt them…but wears an $885 Louis Vuitton logo ball cap. If he does bankrupt Gwen, at least he got a hat out of the deal.

BA8252F6-18A4-4ED2-A6DF-3BABA9485F5A.jpeg

• Haha
As a Special Needs teacher with many years experience, I think it is highly probable that Dan is dyslexic and has ADHD. He does work hard though and it upsets me that he gets so little recognition for this.
I was a general education teacher but worked with many students that had learning disabilities such as dyslexia and I agree with you about Dan. I think he could also have ADHD as he doesn't have the normal "fear" gene that most people have. That might explain why he takes such risks with his building projects. The ADHD would help to explain never getting anything done, flitting from one thing to the next, never thinking things through and being very thin from hyperactivity and not eating enough. The students I had with diagnosed ADHD would constantly take physical risks that others would never do such as riding their bikes off of their home's roof. I hope his boys don't have it too.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Girl, you can really see the shoe polish outline in daylight!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
View attachment 1903131

View attachment 1903141
On devrait avoir un peu de sympathie pour le PhiPhimodo. Il était un vilain petit carnard.
Maintenant, il est un grand canard avec la face d'un chien... et il est chauve.
Just thinking how impressive it must be, for example, sweeping into a press conference in Paris about how to finance rural chateau repair, a lady of a certain age in a bondage dress -- a summer one, at that -- on the arm of a 25-year-old with a shoe polish hairline and no education?
Would you buy a used car from these people?
A stained transferware platter online?
Will it make the mayor of Crozon sur Vauvre look like the willing partner in a grift threesome?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Hello hello! I made it home, after much delays and such turbulence! :m

I left this one to upload last night before passing out.
Brace yourselves and be nice to Peregrine, the little pigeon who could... tit on the furniture! :love:

Dec 30.JPG

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
that cramped filthy thing with a very small kitchen and two bedrooms...how are we gonna split up....the gays in one and the menopauzed in the second?? where are we gonna put the rest ??? :LOL: on the sofa??
Sounds like the slumber party from hell. We could wear matching Spode twirl bathrobes, give each other Rita Rakus electronic facials ZAP, and paint each others' toenails yellow.
I won't say I hate carryout pizza with a passion hotter than the mother of 1,000 suns, but I will prolly be ordering in Afghan or Peruvian food. You? And think of all the menopausal Veuve Cliquot we could stuff into the mini fridge.
All disco all night long.
Life is sweet!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
i got a silver childrens dinnerservice for one... when i was baptist..complete with a silver beaker and plate...all with my name etc on it...i never used it...its still in its original box...i think it was tradition those days.and .i dont even know who gave it to me...my sister got a complete expensive dinnerservice when she married from her inlaws..for 48 people...she has never used it...and has brought it to the charityshop a few months ago when she was packing in for downsizing....the same with her 48 crystal glassware service....nobody uses this stuff anymore ..who has big dinnerparties these days..i think we only have three a year...most functions are more casual these days. ...we hire people in with.bbq or streetfood...so everybody has something he likes..and can walk around....those dinnerparties just sitting around a table are most of the time utterly boring...
I totally agree with you, who the hell needs a dinner/glassware service for 48 people these days? Plus, where the hell would you store all that in a modern house today?
Apologies in advance as I know that some of you here would have previously heard this before.
When I downsized 18 months ago - I sold one third of my 45 year gorgeous gifts/furniture/collectibles as I knew that they had true provenance and "vintage" value in the current market imo, donated another third AND, kept the remainder for my new home. Perfect!
As it happens, I still have some gorgeous MCM furniture pieces and crockery - which I view and use, every single day. If that is not the case, then it has to go!
Actually, when I downsized, I gave my son everything he needed to set up his new home BUT, without the condition that he had to keep any of it. It was just about getting him started in his new single life until he knew, could afford and, decided, what he ultimately prefers and what works best for him. I am not that precious! And, there were no real heirlooms involved, either. :ROFLMAO:
Isn't that what mothers do?

Last edited:
  • Heart
So bleeping frugal with the food that goes in their mouth, vermicelli best before 2021, chicken that needed to be used by that day, veges that were going off, off cuts of cheese that has been lying around for weeks but when it comes to alcohol or useless auction house crap and tat from Emmaus, the sky is the limit their are no restrictions to what they spend. It’s madness and I’m still puzzled as to why they do not suffer with food poisoning on a daily basis with the crap they eat and the dirty surroundings it is cooked in, maybe all the alcohol forms a shield around their organs to stop the germs getting in.
And as for the original billiard table that is now a snooker table there is nothing original about it.
Well, alcohol disinfects........

• Haha
  • Heart
Watching the patreon videos that @Karma Baby kindly uploaded got me wondering about the two apartments that have been rented out as gites in previous seasons. In the London flat, Fanny is talking about Potty bringing a van load of his stuff to Lalande from Amsterdam. Now that he's given up his job there to focus on the F1 photography, perhaps he'll move into his tack room on a more permanent basis. Alternatively, maybe Potty will take over Nic & Marie's place and the tack room will carry on being rented out. Place your bets.

Similarly, the other vlog shows the billiard table in the marquis apartment. This makes me think that won't be available for guests to rent either, unless the owners just use it as a billiard room in the off season, then move the table out and rent the apartment out, as in previous years.
Those tables are slate... not an easy move.

I love how Billy says the convent project is going to bankrupt them…but wears an $885 Louis Vuitton logo ball cap. If he does bankrupt Gwen, at least he got a hat out of the deal.

View attachment 1904474
He was talking about Patreon in his chat yesterday... I think he's gearing up to "Hey Guys, we have decided to work with Patreon..."

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Looks more like a graveyard for defunct fountains! :ROFLMAO:
it will be...her watersystem is ruined..so they can start with that all over again...they also have to dig up that garden to get electricicty in..fontains in a vegetablegarden....you cant make it up....the pumps need to get hidden...what a stupid idea...but so lalande...i also saw in that patreonvlog where she was talking to Kirsty...pruning those appletrees who clearly are at the end of their lives...that there were still plants she ordered still in their potts...not planted yet...i also wonder what happened to that so called Marie Antoinette tree...i bet its dead still in one of the outbuildings...that woman makes a lott of pahlava about things to fill a vlog...and forgets about it...moving on with her next lunatic brainwave....

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I am laughing at the thought of of any of my grandparents gifting me a soup tureen for my 14th birthday! "Um, so what am I supposed to do with this?!?" They just sent me money which I spent on a sweet new pair of acid-washed Guess jeans, the latest The Cure CD (my mum bought me a Sony DiscMan), a watch guard thingie for my new Swatch watch from my dad, and probably blew the remainder at Benetton and on hairspray. (The late 80s were such a special time!)
I’m think of my sister in law who is a shopaholic and a hoarder and now broke because of her addictions, she would give my kids crazy things like a soup tureen or tea sets, placemats. None of which was actually bought specifically for the child who received it was just a way to justify buying the items. Nearly everything she gave them was donated to local charities. Now my husband has to bail her out each month because she is so in debt and can’t meet her monthly expenses

• Sad
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.