The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know what happened there? I remember watching a vlog where she had purchased furniture for the new room, she had a car paid for by fans if I'm not mistaken, but all under the guise of a new business. She even said she had her first wedding gig. So what happened to all of that?
Where to even begin... I'll attempt to give a short version. Correct me if I am wrong, Tattlers, as I might have it out of order. Marie Wiik arrived at the Chateau as volunteer, and was hosting "Goddess Workshops". When the B&B season ended, it was just Fanny and she left at the Shitoo- Fanny love-bombed her, and they became BFFs. Marie started faffing about with flowers, pretty much did whatever she wanted and left after a year to go to the UK. Like a bad penny, she returned but Fanny had a houseful of new vols, and was no longer F4F's #1. Initially, FRK and Herr Nuti were BFFs, but then something turned. Marie initially had a floristry studio in the stables (which is now Amaury's workshop), but then was moved to where the Ye Olde Squirrel Gift Shoppe now is- and then was moved back into the stables, which were pretty disgusting. She wanted to just do floristry, but had to earn her keep by cleaning and cooking dinner (which were half-hearted offerings of chicken and brown sauce), along with making floral arrangements. She had become sullen and dour, and refused to take part of CD and Cadeaux. She had some business cards made up (which she felt made her legit!), set up her own YT channel, and started a Buy Me a Coffee and a Patreon. She was grifted a van by her followers, and high-tailed it our of there, planning to return to pick up her brocante furniture eventually. She then went to florist school in Bath, wandered around aimlessly a bit couch-surfing and house/pet watching at other people's homes, and eventually made her way to Haworth (on invitation of Nicki), where the community rallied around her with support, and set up a small floral studio. Jill (a business owner) and Nicki (who treated Marie like a daughter) even bought her a ticket home to Norway for Christmas after FRK cried poor. After returning from Norway, Marie decided she was hell bent on getting out of Haworth. She grifted around to other Chateax, and Nicki even let her stay in her own cottage in France. After that, FRK went mute for months- no mention of Nicki, or why she even left Haworth. She turned up in the Spring, exclaiming she was going to be a chef on a superyacht so she could travel the world in the style she deserves- that did not pan out- once again, no explanation. She recently turned back up, once again begging for money and promising new floral content on Instagram. SMH. She just wants people to fund her lifestyle without having to actually earn it. I actually rooted for her success when she went to Haworth- she was literally handed the keys, but she burned that bridge.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Cut your hair to this length again, or shorter. Listen to me Phyliiiiis!
Look what this place has done to you in two years, you look like a jaundiced Victorian child.
It all needs to come off- it’s the only way

I think Natti and Amaury could be quite happy to stay at the chateau without the the others.
No distractions, no having to be 'on' for the pink phone, no chaos, just enjoying the peace and quiet.
Amaury will be able to hear Nati shrieking commands with no distractions

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
And he can draw, color F4F’s hair, drink wine without spilling, and doesn’t “borrow” her clothes. The only drawback is that he does not drive.
While MP was her partner in crime at the Brocantes, his taste in tat is far superior to Snorts! It is a shame- if Fanny had chosen MP as her partner for the Christie's Tastemaker gig, the vignettes would probably have been stunning. There would not have been petrol station florals, either, nor would he have let her wear that tatty baby pink jumper! Also, as much as I love Annaliese, I am going to say it- I think MP does a better job on colour and cut.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Let me see if I've got this right. Maria went back home to Cyprus to be with her family until the BnB starts up again. Pavlina went to MM for how long? So what happened to them being a so called couple? Have they uncoupled? Will Pavlina have to hop from one chateau to another just like Selmar and FRK? If I had one of those chateaux, I would get security cameras pronto so that I could be on the lookout for "refugees" coming from LaLande. Quick, turn off the lights, lock the door, and draw up the bridge over the moat, another "refugee" from LaLande is approaching.
So if Pavlina is a refugee as pronouced by Stephaine, can she just move around France at will, she obviously wont be getting paid while away, dont know th holiday laws in France, by knowing Stephanie I doubt any holiday pay.

INteresting some on live chat was asking about a reunion with Stephanie, wonder if due to demand she will oblige minus Philip. With him there it will be a wreak. Half way through lost the live stream it went to an pld vlog. Did he mention her at all? Asking for a friend.

UPDATE make the three ingredient cake thanks it WORKED. Wish I coud send you a slice looks yummy. To save icing placed heaps of cherries and nuts on top even partnre is impressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So if Pavlina is a refugee as pronouced by Stephaine, can she just move around France at will, she obviously wont be getting paid while away, dont know th holiday laws in France, by knowing Stephanie I doubt any holiday pay.
I could be wrong, but it is possible that Pavlina is getting a monthly stipend "asylum seeker's allowance" from the French government, and has access to health care, so there's that. Sarah and Shrek do have some upcoming workshops, so it could very well be that they may have hired her for that, or to help around the Chateau, or they are just being very kind and letting her stay throughout the winter.

Reactions: 20
I think that green bean casserole was part of that post war conspiracy by Campbell’s Soup and French’s to get you to buy all their nasty products for everyday use. While many like it, we never served it in our house. Sadly those vile congealed Jello, cream cheese and fruit cocktail salads were everywhere!
The lime Jello, with cottage cheese, pineapple and horseradish is my fave. No Kewel Wheeyup, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
The lime Jello, with cottage cheese, pineapple and horseradish is my fave. No Kewel Wheeyup, the line has to be drawn somewhere.
LMAO- horseradish?!? Oh @billybudd- you are slaying me! The granny who has lovingly made it for you may need to be checked for dementia! I think it is supposed to be miniature marshmallows or coconut... 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Philip's hairline really is scary looking. Since I posted about this twice last night and here I am again posting about, I don't want you guys to think I'm obsessed or anything! BUT....we see it in pictures and in the vlogs. Can you even imagine what that head of hair looks like in real life?
Or his scalp... Just imagine. 😩

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
LMAO- horseradish?!? Oh @billybudd- you are slaying me! The granny who has lovingly made it for you may need to be checked for dementia! I think it is supposed to be miniature marshmallows or coconut... 😂 😂 😂
No, the horseradish makes the dish. Neither side of my family, Yankee or Confederate, actually does the marshmallow thing. Eeeeks.

i just watched Dan and Amauries...well how shall i put it...insight manshealth vlog??

its obvious the all need a strong drink to get through the cadeauvlogs....quit an insult to all those people who send this crap...if you read here stop it...

Dan is not mentally stable..i guess we all knew that...i get the feeling he and annalise didnt talk much...untill it came to a breakdown...Dan surely regrets it...but stilll refuses to listen to his now ex wife..Amaury follows Herr Nasty like a puppy on a leash..and he likes it..stupid man..

the vlog gives a lott away..if you can bare to watch it for half an hour..

they all seem to depend on YT, instagram and all that tit..Dan says Google controles your life..well not my life..thats for sure..:rolleyes:

all in all this vlog gives us somthing to talk about ..the whole weekend...love to read your thoughts..
You're so sharp and also so sweet. I think you're onto something, Count Agrodolce.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I didn’t watch MPK’s live chat. To be honest, I had better things to do at the time! 😆 I might watch it later on 2x speed. I wonder how many people actually joined live? Couldn’t have been a lot given the short notice.
I started to watch it but after about 5 minutes I gave up and just got on with my sewing.

• Haha
  • Heart
No, the horseradish makes the dish. Neither side of my family, Yankee or Confederate, actually does the marshmallow thing. Eeeeks.
Mind blown! You always post the most amazing recipes, but I have to ixnay this one after seeing the 1C of mayonnaise- no no and NO. The only place mayonnaise (and only Duke's) belongs is in a potato salad! (T Rex resumes eating Cool Whip from the container... ;) )

Which leads me to Christmas cakes- WHO thought it was a good idea to cover a perfectly delicious cake, in its own right, with a layer of marzipan AND another layer of icing? I have been dealing with this battle since childhood- why cannot it not just be the cake bit itself?!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Hardly a pigsty, it doesn't look as bad as the shitoo, 🤷
Agreed! They are messy with two children, but they are constantly renovating (like plastering) themselves, so we can give them a pass. Although Amy's plastering skills are... well, bless her heart, she certainly did try, and it was a learning experience!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Where to even begin... I'll attempt to give a short version. Correct me if I am wrong, Tattlers, as I might have it out of order. Marie Wiik arrived at the Chateau as volunteer, and was hosting "Goddess Workshops". When the B&B season ended, it was just Fanny and she left at the Shitoo- Fanny love-bombed her, and they became BFFs. Marie started faffing about with flowers, pretty much did whatever she wanted and left after a year to go to the UK. Like a bad penny, she returned but Fanny had a houseful of new vols, and was no longer F4F's #1. Initially, FRK and Herr Nuti were BFFs, but then something turned. Marie initially had a floristry studio in the stables (which is now Amaury's workshop), but then was moved to where the Ye Olde Squirrel Gift Shoppe now is- and then was moved back into the stables, which were pretty disgusting. She wanted to just do floristry, but had to earn her keep by cleaning and cooking dinner (which were half-hearted offerings of chicken and brown sauce), along with making floral arrangements. She had become sullen and dour, and refused to take part of CD and Cadeaux. She had some business cards made up (which she felt made her legit!), set up her own YT channel, and started a Buy Me a Coffee and a Patreon. She was grifted a van by her followers, and high-tailed it our of there, planning to return to pick up her brocante furniture eventually. She then went to florist school in Bath, wandered around aimlessly a bit couch-surfing and house/pet watching at other people's homes, and eventually made her way to Haworth (on invitation of Nicki), where the community rallied around her with support, and set up a small floral studio. Jill (a business owner) and Nicki (who treated Marie like a daughter) even bought her a ticket home to Norway for Christmas after FRK cried poor. After returning from Norway, Marie decided she was hell bent on getting out of Haworth. She grifted around to other Chateax, and Nicki even let her stay in her own cottage in France. After that, FRK went mute for months- no mention of Nicki, or why she even left Haworth. She turned up in the Spring, exclaiming she was going to be a chef on a superyacht so she could travel the world in the style she deserves- that did not pan out- once again, no explanation. She recently turned back up, once again begging for money and promising new floral content on Instagram. SMH. She just wants people to fund her lifestyle without having to actually earn it. I actually rooted for her success when she went to Haworth- she was literally handed the keys, but she burned that bridge.
This is 100% what happened....but I'll add one small addition, if you don't mind.
At some point, after she left Haworth and ended up at her friend's place in France (where she was literally by herself for 30+ days), she posted a "cry for help" post, letting her followers know that she was "better now" but in a loosely veiled comment indicated that she contemplated suicide. Then, Natti and Philip drove to pick her up and brought her to Lalande. After that brief stay, she went back to Nicki's place in France and then went on to Norway and eventually found work in a restaurant, came up with the idea of becoming a chef, I think she even went to England and took classes for getting certified to work on a cruise ship and next thing you know, she's in Africa for a time.

There are things we will never know. And that's probably a good thing.

UPDATE make the three ingredient cake thanks it WORKED. Wish I coud send you a slice looks yummy. To save icing placed heaps of cherries and nuts on top even partnre is impressed.
YAY! Was waiting to hear from you about this...now I'm going to make it, too. I've already converted the grams to the United States measurements. I'm so excited (as Stephanie always says!).

Which leads me to Christmas cakes- WHO thought it was a good idea to cover a perfectly delicious cake, in its own right, with a layer of marzipan AND another layer of icing? I have been dealing with this battle since childhood- why cannot it not just be the cake bit itself?!?
When I make it, I'm not putting any icing or marzipan on it....I think I'd like it plain with a cup of tea.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
off topic but I am in TSD forget the post it is happening now, for many years my christmas cakes was a one kilo ernest adams iced cake. NO longer producing closed down. Refuse to pay the $15 ofr the 350g boxed type from bakery I dont know. Best friend absolutly fabulous cook had a catering business and resturant for many years gave me her fail safe christmas cake receipe, from the girl guides booklet circa 1967.

Time to be a big girl she says, today was the day one hour preparing been in oven 2 half hours opened door (it not a sponge) she said a 20cm tin I put in a larger one has had a lot, as it has risen globed over sides burning on oven floor and it is still a googy syodge in tin with black top.

Put a brown paper bag on top (I know this) asked partner why they never told me oven letting of a burning smell. Reply Well its so normal with you didnt think anything of it.

Advice please obviously no Christmas cake to solve this, should I set up a go fund me page to afford an expensive large boxed cake $60, or should I get my blue Iphone out and start screamimg and flapping about as I talk to my cat and show you my garden, get the eye candy from next door when he jumps in his outdoor spa as a shot and ask for buy me a coffee???

Kind words from fellow tattlers might also help
This sounds delicious and foolproof as well. But you really have to put it in the pan size they call for. Easy to buy online, copy and paste those pan dimensions. Go, kiwis.
I broke my back making a Nigel Slater christmas cake one year, which cost about $50 and wasn't good enough.
This one is different and really is.

I have COVID this year for Thanksgiving. :(
This is what home delivered hot and sour soup was made for. Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Scary hairline.

Edit: They should stop taking closeups of their faces in their vids. It's not flattering.
Philip's hairline really is scary looking. Since I posted about this twice last night and here I am again posting about, I don't want you guys to think I'm obsessed or anything! BUT....we see it in pictures and in the vlogs. Can you even imagine what that head of hair looks like in real life?

If I saw that in real life I just know I'd be staring at it and trying to calm that voice that I think is in my head but maybe isn't.......I find that as I get older I think I'm just thinking about something but then I'm horrified to find that I'm actually saying it OUT LOUD!.......so I'd be trying not to say "What the absolute duck is going on with your hair?"

Used to be you'd see old men doing this to their heads. I don't see it much anymore because they are going with the flow and embracing what they have (or, in this case, don't have) and looking great while accepting themselves. I really am flummoxed by Philip's need to do this to himself - he's not fooling anyone and he looks a hot mess!

My understanding is that Philip already talked about doing just that on one of their vlogs, sort of soft selling the idea to their Patrons, who helped pay for the renovations. It caused quite the uproar here amongst some of us, but a lot of people like them and will defend them to the death.
[/QUOTE]

Oh really @M&MsMom.
I am surprised I missed Philipp's soft sell as I watch all their videos.
I must have lost concentration at some point.
I only thought they may sell because of their history of flipping.

I admit to being angry with them, I like them still, but now I like them a lot less.
I would certainly not defend them to the death.

And

The only person more obsessed with Philip's hairline than Tattlers is . . . Philipp.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.