The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I have become VIP and am able to name the next thread I have been trying to think up Witty headings. Nothing I have thought up so far comes close to the saying by @Patriciarella who said
‘When I become VIP I want to be allowed to burn the pillow with Snorty’s face on it’
So I nominate this as the next thread title.
I think I've missed congratulating you on your new VIP sticker!! I look forward to celebrating next Christmas the way I'm chatting! :D:D

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That's interesting about shingles!
There is now an ad on tv about shingles on regular repeat.
I think you may have answered our question as to why?
There is so much we don't know about covid and it's long term effects.
There’s a television add that gets lots of air time here, for a vaccine. “Shingles doesn’t CARE” if you make healthy lifestyle choices and so on. Well, my husband got shingles (b4 he ever got Covid) and now the running joke between the kids and us is “shingles doesn’t care”. If we promote or boast about making a healthy choice: “shingles doesn’t care”. Hahaha😳🤣. Been going on for months now.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
There’s a television add that gets lots of air time here, for a vaccine. “Shingles doesn’t CARE” if you make healthy lifestyle choices and so on. Well, my husband got shingles (b4 he ever got Covid) and now the running joke between the kids and us is “shingles doesn’t care”. If we promote or boast about making a healthy choice: “shingles doesn’t care”. Hahaha😳🤣. Been going on for months now.
I had shingles when I was four years old.
Shingles doesn't care.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Two of our country neighbours and their teenage children had Covid.
Shortly after they recovered, the parents came down with respiratory syncytial virus or RSV.
They said it felt like Covid although it was wasn't Covid.
It's common in children but as adults they said it was terrible, so I really feel for you.
Since then I have heard of other people getting RSV after Covid as well as pneumonia and influenza.
Covid appears to weaken the immune system causing some individuals to be more vulnerable.
My kids and I have had Covid twice, hubby once- I’m in a clinic for long Covid (spare everyone the details here😞). Last month, my 11 year old missed 2 weeks of school due to RSV and my daughter 1 week. We waited in our ER for over 8 hours when all symptoms returned for my daughter after a few days of returning to school (fever spiked and stayed for hours between 103.5-103.9). There’s a shortage of children’s pain meds here. It’s absolutely ridiculous- the shelves are bare and have been for weeks. If one can find a compounding pharmacy, then maybe it’s possible to get something. Our healthcare system here in Alberta is in ruins and there are many people who are not receiving the care they need in time. Well- it gets political, so I’ll end it there. There is still an official RSV outbreak declared at their school. My kids are finally back and report that 10-15 kids are missing each day from their class!

Our 10 yr old grand-daughter has just got over RSV and went back to school today. (She hasn't had Covid yet.). She felt very unwell even though she is rarely unwell. RSV is certainly doing the rounds in the schools here after unusually low numbers for the past two years, when everyone was wearing a mask and social distancing.
I just read your post (before posting my 11 & 12 year olds experiences). I wish your grand- daughter well💗.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
These are 2 very traditional Christmas cakes. The first by Mary Berry

then Delia Smith
Thank you for posting.....I like them both, but the Mary Berry one is good because it explains the marzipan and icing technique! I am making this! I think I may make it in two loaf pans, so I can do one with and without the icing and marzipan, though. I worry that the cake is already sweet enough and then to add the icing and marzipan, it may just put it over the top! But the cake is so pretty!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
View attachment 1770393
What is the thing I've circled in red? Any ideas?
Philip has been secret messaging me on Reddit and Only Fans. He told me, it’s one of those travel urinal type things that ladies can use to pee standing up. Because there’s no running water in the chateau, Stephanie uses it in her bedroom window with the long hose part flowing down into the courtyard fountain. In my professional opinion, the green fountain water means Steph might have a UTI. ⛲

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Too far to tell but looks a lot like a collapsed copper rain hopper and downspout. I’m also curious about the scrawniness of the courtyard trees on the scaffolding! Don’t look too healthy!
So it’s not a hedgehoggy run then. 🤣🤢

I can’t ever imagine BJJ having any kinds of pet. Has he ever, I wonder? If loves animals so much, why didn’t he care-take Armoire’s dog for him while he was away. He basically has zero contact with any real live animals at the heap… those that are there and those who are visiting. Well- there was that obese hedgehog but it seemed so childish.

Reactions: 14
There was a (British/American) tattler whom I fought with over Michael. I found some posts very suspicious, especially language wise and to what occasions they have been posted.
That tattler posted a YouTube video in German. Why would an English speaker post a video in German, when they dont understand the language to know what’s going on?
Sound like someone is keeping you on your game! Or throwing you off… 🧐🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hang in there, love- I've been suffering a nasty sinus infection for a month now (all tests proved negative- never even ran a fever- the doctors gave me a Z-Pack and sent me on my way.) Mr. T Rex was concerned that perhaps we had unknown mold or particulates in the house, so had the air tested- another no (but we now own a very expensive air purifier- just in case). Apparently, a combination of debris on the curbsides in my neighbourhood, red tide and the flora and foliage in bloom in SW Florida are the cause (I am the one who walks the dogs, rain or shine, so there's that). I'm FINALLY on the mend- FML, my body hates me! And actually have to take Allegra every day- which is annoying to remember every day. I hope you feel better soon- and that it is NOT Influenza or the NewRona. Drink plenty of fluids, and make lots of ginger tea (with LOTS of ginger!) Hugs and love, and hope you are on the mend soon!
Is there anything better than a Z-pack? It's like the miracle of antibiotics, isn't it?
The Allegra should help you tremendously! My husband used to get perpetual sinus infections. He got very sick in late April of 2020, woke up one night in a pool of sweat and was shaking really badly. I can't even tell you how many telehealth calls he had with his doctor about it over the course of several days. I feel like our doctor called him every day, several times a day, because there was concern he either had or had had Covid. Covid testing was not great then (we're talking two months into the pandemic) and our primary care doctor of 20+ years said it wasn't even worth getting a test because at the time there were too many false negatives/positives (can't remember which) and it took too long to get the results back. He sent him to an ENT that was taking in-person patients (God Bless this guy for seeing patients during this time!) and it turns out it was a really bad sinus infection. My husband has taken Allegra for years - way back when it was prescription only - but he usually stopped taking it in the Fall, when his allergies were over. This ENT said he should take it daily all year round. My husband has done that and hasn't had a sinus infection since! And he used to get them all the time!

• Heart
Stephainie dumped Micheal when he wasn't the flavour of the utube community and Tattle. Most likely thought he would be bad for the LLL Lalalande growth to be involved. Also may have benn some behind the scences between friends we will never know.

Well has it affected his number of subscriptions NO
His abscence has it affected his subscriptions NO
When he started his online prints were they popular YES
Are people still asking after Micheal all the time YES
Does he get positive accoldaes in comments YES

So his brother has the same subscription numbers as her, Micheal still has more subscriptions than them both.
The opportunity for more $$$ overcomes all with her. Billy even attached a link (WTF)

Yes she tried to replace mIcheal with Philip but no comparision and their hug plus groin walking say a lot
J’Dore and respect you Ma’dame! Going to be contrary. I think Stephanie in those days needed Michael more than he needed her. His subscriber numbers skyrocketed beyond anything that she could match, she was Still nowhere near his numbers when he started melting down. IMHO, he withdrew and she was forced to deal with not being on his coattails. I only discovered her through Michael.….the consequences which started her buying subscribers. He made her….

• Heart
  • Wow
Marzipan- you'll either love it or hate it. My mum thinks it is amazing- yet, none of my siblings nor I share her sentiment- verdict is out- we hate it. For that brief time we lived in Mexico (we have lived everywhere on the globe- it is what it is), my mum also took a liking to the de la Rosa Marzipan (which is made of peanuts, I think, and we did not like that one either.) (Take it as you will- my evil twin and younger brother also hate onions, yet I put them atop everything. I am Judas when it comes to onions.) We are an odd lot.

Panettone is my jam- I get gifted far too many from my Italian fam and friends, so put them in my freezer. They are the gateway for amazing French toast! There are so many amazing ones, so never just settle for one brand! (While I don't think I've been ever gifted a D&G one, I never check brands nor tins- I chuck whatever tin they came in, wrap them in foil, and put them in the freezer!) But those Walker's miniature mince pies stand no chance- I eat them as soon as they arrive in the post. Mr. T Rex, "Bae, was there a package today?" Mouth opens with crumbs flailing about, "No, why do you ask?!" (Sorry, not sorry- I know they are NOT as good as a proper mince pie, but my mum is NOT here to make ME a mince pie, so I'll gladly settle!)
Oh, I get a bunch of different brands of panettone and agree, French toast is amazing with it! I also like those miniature mince pies from Walkers! I just got a box of them from Trader Joe's, of all places! I looked up and there they were! I haven't opened them yet, but you reminded me I had them! Tomorrow is looking up!

Like I said, I see bigger clothes in my future come January!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.