The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, IJ proudly said in one of the vlogs ”the gift of life” nonsense, I couldn’t believe it either! She’s also not big on Christmas either. SJ said that after opening presents Christmas morning, her parents went to work in the nursing home and SJ would stay in the apartment alone, playing with her toys. She never struck me as the affectionate, loving mother type. I wonder what she thought of all the gifts Daddy gave SJ, a fountain, chandeliers, furniture being that she was against giving her only child birthday gifts.

The whole situation really puts CATC into perspective, she’s trying to fill a void that her mother helped create.
Ah which story do we believe. The story that poor ickle Stephanie was left to play alone whilst her parents worked. Or is it the tale that she spent every holiday with her grandmother in France? Or peut etre it is that she spent Christmas with her friend in Hong Kong? If it is that she had to be alone a bit on Christmas Day whilst her parents earned the ££ that she is so happy to be living off then I'd keep schtum if I were her. I don't think Mummy is a caring, loving mummy but boy oh boy does SJ want to keep rubbing her nose in it that Daddy darling was her favourite parent. And, just how long is she going to keep on about her lonely little life? She's 45 for crying out loud. Move on pet.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
🍸🍸🍸💫💫💫💫
DB9 is on the driveway
😹🌎👩‍✈️ he’ll take you anywhere

Sidebar
No need for plastic surgery -
my cheekbones are up 🔝 with the laughter 😎
We’d need this thread 🧵 (18)
made into a book 📖

priceless 💫💫💫💫
More than that, what we need @MojoDublin is a crash course in your unique writing style! I can usually grasp about 70% of it if I'm lucky, but still have to to spend a bit of time in decoding to get even that. Love it all though, keep it up, I love the challenge and the content 💌 📖 🇪🇬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This is seriously batshit bonkers 😧 He got a restraining order!

Looks like she met him before the stalking began.

The partner swapping in Stephanie’s friend group is unusual, especially given they aren’t teenagers figuring things out. Makes me think that dating for them is about conquest rather than connection.
Seeing people's friends tells you a lot about them. Fokker, Villiotti and now Marina Kim, what great taste in friends SJ has!. And yes, I don't think SJ is capable of any real connection with a partner, it's all about her, the partners are merely pawns in the game, specially chosen to dispaly her own image to its best advantage.

If anyone sent a gift that was truly awful then later sent a note or letter explaining why such tatty garbage was sent...well, in the first place, I don't think the gift would be shown on CATC, especially if it LOOKED like garbage...and, if by chance it was shown then the note or letter explaining why it was sent would never make it past Nati...She says she pre-opens gifts so she can check for food items that can go bad but, in my opinion, she culls out the really bad stuff and the notes and letters that she deems, as Brenda does, as "bad PR...I know I'm not explaining this very well but I really don't think that either the gift or the note would make it past General Nati...she's like a drug or bomb sniffing dog and nothing is getting past her if it threatens to shine a bad light on her Queen Bee.....
OK, point taken, I agree the later explanatory letter was probably not a good idea, it wouldn't be filmed but, at least, Nati and SJ would read it. As for the tat not getting past Nati, to date, loads of other disgusting tat/garbage has got past her and been filmed!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Any Scandinavians on here? It may be a misconception, but I've thought that Marie's body confidence maybe comes from her Norwegian upbringing. In my experience they are not so prudish, and they will share saunas and bathe in the nude with family and strangers.

Reactions: 10
After seeing the Elf clip, I think the “For Someone Special” Santa negligee would be the paaaaarfect gift. I mean, she loves Christmas. Duplicate the card in the movie complete with a pic of James Caan.

Then we all chip in and buy Marie a Hermès Birkin and watch Steph have a heart attack. (that’s sarcasm, I don’t want her to have an actual heart attack...I’d settle for an intense look of horror and a grandiose exit from the room.)
if each of us put 5 e we can for sure put some Dior at least

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Any Scandinavians on here? It may be a misconception, but I've thought that Marie's body confidence maybe comes from her Norwegian upbringing. In my experience they are not so prudish, and they will share saunas and bathe in the nude with family and strangers
Yes, exactly. There's a lot of nude swimming in rivers and nudity is much more accepted and it is not subject to sex-linked smutty schoolboy-type jokes/reactions as it often is in the UK, etc. It is regarded as something natural and you don't often see types like SJ displaying themselves in order to get a reaction in the way she does.

Reactions: 10
[
Why would Marie be embarrassed? She doesn't mind running around braless and do some nude boobs pics. Just wait, soon she will post herself wearing this thing on Instagram 😂
There is a difference between not wearing a bra & being happy in your own skin to being sent scanties by a stranger and being filmed opening them up in front of an audience. I can't see Marie as an Ann Summers undies style of gal myself & even if she is maybe she prefers that to be private. It was clear to me that she was really embarrassed by the tacky gift.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Seeing people's friends tells you a lot about them. Fokker, Villiotti and now Marina Kim, what great taste in friends SJ has!. And yes, I don't think SJ is capable of any real connection with a partner, it's all about her, the partners are merely pawns in the game, specially chosen to dispaly her own image to its best advantage.
Don't forget Mason the #641 American Loon !

• Haha
Reactions: 12
[

There is a difference between not wearing a bra & being happy in your own skin to being sent scanties by a stranger and being filmed opening them up in front of an audience. I can't see Marie as an Ann Summers undies style of gal myself & even if she is maybe she prefers that to be private. It was clear to me that she was really embarrassed by the tacky gift.
It’ll soon be used as fuel for Selmar’s bonfire

• Haha
Reactions: 8
@Mummy Dearest I think you're right about the handbag probably being gently used. Funny how SJ couldn't stop herself from leaping out of her chair and fingering the brass horse logo, making sure Philip had a close-up on this mark of prestige. Funny, and sad.
You can also get really good fakes for about €15. 🤪 Everywhere is also awash with Michale Kor / Dior / Gucci bags as well.

This is seriously batshit bonkers 😧 He got a restraining order!

Looks like she met him before the stalking began.

The partner swapping in Stephanie’s friend group is unusual, especially given they aren’t teenagers figuring things out. Makes me think that dating for them is about conquest rather than connection.
The partner swapping looks more like quantity rather than quality!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Agree, you make a good point. Insecure people taking super flattering nude/semi nude photos to show off is endemic these days. But you’d never see them let it all hang out on the nude beach.
Truly body confident people don’t care what others think.
What makes me think Marie has some good body confidence is because volunteered to be the life model for Oliver’s art class on ETTCDIY....letting it all hang out.
Maybe there is a difference in how she perceives her body. Is it natural & artistic to bare it. Or is it something to dress up in private for a partner.

Reactions: 4
YouTube "suggested" I watch a channel called Rural France Journals. Seemed churlish not to (lockdown ennui).

It's in its infancy- 14'eps so fair, not quite 800 subscribers. All very gentle (but not totally dull). A rather intriguing South African chap who bought (2014) , unseen, a tiny house he found on the internet. It's a rather sweet 2 bedroomed house, built in 1937. In need of updating but nothing too dramatic. The chap - Leon - has obviously totally embraced and thrown himself into life in a small village in rural France...a bit south west of Limoges, think. Made loads of friends in the village, talks to everyone he encounters in the village, gets inviolved with village life and clearly feels it is home. From the little I've watched, it's all rather refreshing.

No begging bowls, no sob story, nothing other than enthusiasm about his move and how happy he is.

The reason for mentioning him is that in the intro to one of the eps I've watched he came out with a killer line in his intro to taking the viewers round his weeny house...delivered with a half-mile smile and raised eyebrow he said:

"Unlike the British vlog mafia [living] in France I do not live in a chateau..".

British vlog mafia is just so, so splendid a description that I simply had to give it s wider audience!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
So glad this anonymous. I found out today that at least one elderly lady is going around wrapping up things from around the house to mail to her friend Stephanie. At outrageous shipping prices. Sent a file of ss and the address to her son. He thinks he needs to stage an intervention. He's talking with the family therapist. Sad to say quarantine is not helping some elders mental health especially ones already showing signs of dementia. This is the problem she's taking gifts and funds from very vulnerable people who are some how convinced she is their friend.
Well I sincerely hope they are reading here and see that post. Not that it will make her change. Her need and greed tops everything... even taking from the vulnerable elderly. If she had one ounce of decency in her body she would put an end to gift grab immediately upon reading that. But she won’t. She is just blinded by greed.

Reactions: 12
YouTube "suggested" I watch a channel called Rural France Journals. Seemed churlish not to (lockdown ennui).

It's in its infancy- 14'eps so fair, not quite 800 subscribers. All very gentle (but not totally dull). A rather intriguing South African chap who bought (2014) , unseen, a tiny house he found on the internet. It's a rather sweet 2 bedroomed house, built in 1937. In need of updating but nothing too dramatic. The chap - Leon - has obviously totally embraced and thrown himself into life in a small village in rural France...a bit south west of Limoges, think. Made loads of friends in the village, talks to everyone he encounters in the village, gets inviolved with village life and clearly feels it is home. From the little I've watched, it's all rather refreshing.

No begging bowls, no sob story, nothing other than enthusiasm about his move and how happy he is.

The reason for mentioning him is that in the intro to one of the eps I've watched he came out with a killer line in his intro to taking the viewers round his weeny house...delivered with a half-mile smile and raised eyebrow he said:

"Unlike the British vlog mafia [living] in France I do not live in a chateau..".

British vlog mafia is just so, so splendid a description that I simply had to give it s wider audience!
Think someone could come up with a tread title with that in it - first attempt.

#20 Home and headquarters of the British vlog mafia. Book your course with Madam Jarvis now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Buy me a coffee is the extent so far. Won't be swimming in coffee with less than 1000 subscribers.

Reactions: 3
I’ve never heard of the brand before. I got the impression that the bag might be secondhand. Like someone bought it, used it once, it was sitting in a closet, and then sent it off. It was packaged like it was an afterthought. For something that expensive, you’d think the presentation would be a little nicer than being in a dustbag and shoved in a shipping box. Again, who are the people sending these gifts? Can they not think of anyone that they personally know to give these things too? Imagine finding out that Great Aunt Patsy sent away those Tiffany salt dishes, Dior coat, fine leather goods, and antique Limoges porcelain you’ve had your eye on since grade school, only to find out she sent them to some bimbette in France she’s never met...and probably never will!
If that were the case I’d sue the grimbo to get them back (bimbette is too sweet for her and you can’t call someone who is passed middle aged a bimbette or bimbo even).

Reactions: 3
I’ve never heard of the brand before. I got the impression that the bag might be secondhand. Like someone bought it, used it once, it was sitting in a closet, and then sent it off. It was packaged like it was an afterthought. For something that expensive, you’d think the presentation would be a little nicer than being in a dustbag and shoved in a shipping box. Again, who are the people sending these gifts? Can they not think of anyone that they personally know to give these things too? Imagine finding out that Great Aunt Patsy sent away those Tiffany salt dishes, Dior coat, fine leather goods, and antique Limoges porcelain you’ve had your eye on since grade school, only to find out she sent them to some bimbette in France she’s never met...and probably never will!
Longchamp bags are a French luxury. Highly expensive.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Twice (in the Olden Days) help me... I can’t stop saying that... who started it??? - anyway, twice I contemplated sending GGGG (greedy guts gift grabber) gifts. One is a beautiful Vivienne Westwood dress I bought for an amazing wedding I was attending. I thought I would be Paaarfeck for her (it actually would) and while I didn’t really consider sending it because I love it too much and it’s a classic forever dress I did think it would be awesome on her. And another time I saw a fabulous hedgehog (pre Sir Snorts arrival where he’d studied “what will I say I like to get the fans to love me I know hedgehogs” snort snort) because SJ and the inmates were all about the hedgehog that came in from the cold and I saw a gorgeous hedgehog tea cosy in a cool store and I entertained the thought that it could be a fun gift. To think, I thought that. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Hello my name is Rory and I was a CD addict. During the early vlogs, which I loved, I contemplated buying from Catawiki (auction site) a beautiful old set of blue covered books in french - french authors of major french text I think from 1800s. Can't believe myself either. I feel ashamed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.