The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Luckily I never ever was tempted to send her anything. I think the scales fell from my eyes when I she set up the Cadeaux at the Chateau strand. I was uncomfortable about when they opened so many gifts & think I thought that maybe it would be better for people to send money directly to the charities rather than presents to people who already have so much. Seeing how in the midst of a pandemic that friends were struggling financially & also how businesses were closing & food banks were on the rise and here were these people sitting in a lovely home, not needing to work, having lots of nice food & drink & then for some reason people thought they needed gifts and treats? I couldn't get my head round that. Have we ever heard a list of which charities have benefited? I think I remember some vague mention of a cancer charity once, but as I stopped watching the gift grabbing ones quite a lot because it sickened me that they were so unaware of what was happening in the real world - so I can't say for sure if they've giving a total £ donated. At the start I thought she was quirky & vibrant but as I watched more of her I kept thinking what my mum would've said ' she thinks something of herself doesn't she?' and I have to agree. When she was in the ETTCDIY episode wearing a full length sheepskin & heeled boots to sweep up peacock poo I think it was on a sloping ramp leading up to a hayloft I thought who the heck does that but someone who is playing up to the cameras. Thank goodness I have never felt tempted to send her anything....of any value... :cool: :ROFLMAO:
She lists the charities and the amount under the episode.

Reactions: 6
IJ is not in the least bit maternal. She should never have had children, but her husband wanted a child. And Dady spoiled Stephanie to make up for her indifferent mother. I don't think she was a warm maman to Stephanie. On that first ETTC she was sniping at Stephanie for being a few minutes behind schedule for the guests' lunch. Most unpleasant. Apart from the 'no birthday presents' thing, Stephanie also told the story of her getting stuck up a tree. IJ wouldn't help and said 'You got yourself up there, you can get yourself down' and left her there. And Stephanie had to sit in the tree for hours till her Dad came home and helped her down. Which makes their casual adoption of Gerry all the more curious. Why would a woman who doesn't care for children agree to a troubled 12 yr old joining their family? And what did Gerry's real family think? Very curious 🤔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
So is there any surprise in learning that when it comes to cadeaux said:
But enough has to be that book she received last night. Now come on, why would someone waste good money on posting that thing from (Florida I think). I couldn't believe the state of it when she took it out of the box, but when she opened it up........ my son and I nearly fell off the sofa with laughing.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
She lists the charities and the amount under the episode.
Thanks, as I say I hardly watch any of the gift videos & certainly don't read any of the blurb at the bottom!! I still wonder if the gifts, plus customs fees & postage would be worth more than the ad revenue generated. Plus in a time when people are struggling financially around the world, foodbanks on the rise & charities come to the aid of more & more people that these pampered people are getting so much unnecessary treats sent to them. Set against Mummy & Percy & the bucket antics it is just sick sick sick.

Reactions: 7
IJ is not in the least bit maternal. She should never have had children, but her husband wanted a child. And Dady spoiled Stephanie to make up for her indifferent mother. I don't think she was a warm maman to Stephanie. On that first ETTC she was sniping at Stephanie for being a few minutes behind schedule for the guests' lunch. Most unpleasant. Apart from the 'no birthday presents' thing, Stephanie also told the story of her getting stuck up a tree. IJ wouldn't help and said 'You got yourself up there, you can get yourself down' and left her there. And Stephanie had to sit in the tree for hours till her Dad came home and helped her down. Which makes their casual adoption of Gerry all the more curious. Why would a woman who doesn't care for children agree to a troubled 12 yr old joining their family? And what did Gerry's real family think? Very curious 🤔
You forget that in this tree, there was another little girl stuck with Stephanie. Stephanie's father delivered them when he arrived hours later. And the first thing the little girls did was to rush to the toilets !!
I would be ashamed of myself if I was the mother who did such a thing.
And when Stephanie told this "funny" story, everybody (Isabelle including) laughed as it was such a funny story 😲

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
"But enough has to be that book she received last night. Now come on, why would someone waste good money on posting that thing from (Florida I think). I couldn't believe the state of it when she took it out of the box"

In the comments (the funniest part of the gift grab I think) the creator of the book says that she is building up a stock of them for Etsy, so keep your eyes open, you might be lucky enough to buy one. :ROFLMAO:
The good news is that she says she has already started a similar one for Mummy. That will serve her right!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
You forget that in this tree, there was another little girl stuck with Stephanie. Stephanie's father delivered them when he arrived hours later. And the first thing the little girls did was to rush to the toilets !!
I would be ashamed of myself if I was the mother who did such a thing.
And when Stephanie told this "funny" story, everybody (Isabelle including) laughed as it was such a funny story 😲
Oh yes, I forgot about the other little girl. It was a monstrous thing for IJ to do.

Reactions: 8
"But enough has to be that book she received last night. Now come on, why would someone waste good money on posting that thing from (Florida I think). I couldn't believe the state of it when she took it out of the box"

In the comments (the funniest part of the gift grab I think) the creator of the book says that she is building up a stock of them for Etsy, so keep your eyes open, you might be lucky enough to buy one. :ROFLMAO:
The good news is that she says she has already started a similar one for Mummy. That will serve her right!
Yes a gardening journal for Mummy and Stephanie said, "yes, she would love one". Revenge for Mummy leaving her up that tree, maybe?

• Haha
@Green Fairy I don't think the Jarvis family ever adopted Gerry. He has his own family and I think I remember it said that he and his mother both travelled south for work when the new nursing home was opened. There has been speculation in these threads about Derek being his biological father if you read back.

Reactions: 5
Who sends a stranger a see-through negligee?! What was that person thinking? Was the person browsing in a store or online, spots it and thinks, “ you know who would be perfect for this...that shy florist I watch on the YouTube’s!“. Granted, it’s pretty and could be worn with a tank top under it, but still, it’s a pretty weird gift from a stranger to a stranger.

Today‘s CATC was a true lesson in lying through your teeth. 90% of the gifts were WTF. The dress is the exact style my grandmother wore in the 70’s for bridge club, complete with the belt, the piece de resistance added by Fanny herself . Fabric from someone’s shed that had mice or squirrels running around it, Yuck! More books that no one will read. An antique inkwell for lifesaver mints. The handmade book I could take or leave, someone put a lot of work into it, not my thing, might be someone else’s. More labels for the garden, someone sent used popsicle sticks with writing on it, (thanks for the COVID). Another apron, more headbands, a bag for Nati for when she gets the hell out. Marie gets some hand cream and a nylon or plastic bag. These packages were received in September, I see why they waited so long to open them. Jeez, just end the CATC! The fake, “I love it!” is painfully obvious and run its course, pack it in and call it a day with the gift opening or continue receiving used popsicle sticks, shed fabric, and my grandmother’s wardrobe. I kind of enjoyed it for awhile, now I only watch to see what crazy crap people send and SMH. Most of it looks like stuff you’d find at an old person‘s garage sale.

But my favorite part was when she was reading a letter and said ”acka“ instead of a.k.a (also known as). I almost spit out my drink.
Maybe it was a tattler? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 11
@LadyoftheEast I think what's really ugly and reprehensible is not so much the handmade journal but the obvious playacting around it, that we're all invited to be a part of and enable. You see it in the YT comments (@Jeeves looks at this, too): all the cooing and oohing and false praise to protect the feelings of someone young and innocent who is well-meaning but clearly lacking in taste. SJ is so patronizing and dishonest, here. She has a swindle to keep afloat and we're supposed to join her in acknowledging that yes, the journal is crap but let us maintain the pretense that above all, it is a pure and beautiful expression of love and caring for Stephanie. We are meant to join SJ in this self-delusion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Ah which story do we believe. The story that poor ickle Stephanie was left to play alone whilst her parents worked. Or is it the tale that she spent every holiday with her grandmother in France? Or peut etre it is that she spent Christmas with her friend in Hong Kong? If it is that she had to be alone a bit on Christmas Day whilst her parents earned the ££ that she is so happy to be living off then I'd keep schtum if I were her. I don't think Mummy is a caring, loving mummy but boy oh boy does SJ want to keep rubbing her nose in it that Daddy darling was her favourite parent. And, just how long is she going to keep on about her lonely little life? She's 45 for crying out loud. Move on pet.
Xmas of all days is actually the best day to work in a nursing home. Everyone feels generous and/or lonely and /or grateful. I never received so much tips and presents from my patients as on Xmas.
And I am talking huge notes here.... 🤑🤑🤑

Which item? There is so much tat to chose from :ROFLMAO:
The négligé thing... Which was clearly inappropriate or even crazy... Or Loki? 🤔 🤔 🤔 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
The friend that SJ claims to work closely with her new pet-charity is named Marina Kim and she is actually its director and founder, so SJ again is keeping the money close to home. Pre-covid Marina was a regular visitor of the HMN and is part of SJ’s raffle of boyfriends, they at least share Oliver and James Jardine. It hasn’t been long since they were all working overtime to keep Marina in the UK (she's a Kazakhstan-born journalist now living and working in London), as she was about not to get citizenship because there were complaints filed by a well known Tory politician who she intensively and brutally stalked, claiming he was leaving her subliminal love messages in his political tweets. Great charity material indeed, SJ, good pick.
Great, another loonie! Where does she find these people? :ROFLMAO: And who's idea was this?
She should stop this nepotism and find causes that fit into her brand.

Reactions: 8
Hello my name is Rory and I was a CD addict. During the early vlogs, which I loved, I contemplated buying from Catawiki (auction site) a beautiful old set of blue covered books in french - french authors of major french text I think from 1800s. Can't believe myself either. I feel ashamed.
Don't worry, Rory, after a few days of special Tattle therapy - you can't get it anywhere else, it's unique to Tattle! - you'll be definitively weaned off your addiction and you'll start contemplating putting something else in the box instead...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Any Scandinavians on here? It may be a misconception, but I've thought that Marie's body confidence maybe comes from her Norwegian upbringing. In my experience they are not so prudish, and they will share saunas and bathe in the nude with family and strangers.
True, my experience, too. But that doesn't mean they don't check you up and ignore your cellulitis and won't ever gossip about it. I had colleagues from Finland who also told me they go with boss and even customers in sauna, no problem, but they had some kind of rating system of how drunk (in glasses if aquavit🤓) you have to be to handle the "view".

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.