The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their latest offering was so boring, I fast forwarded through most of it, carried on in case it got more interesting. It didn't ! :rolleyes:
The husband tries to be cute which just doesn’t cut it fir me. Even though their rehab is far better than the crumbling LaLande rehab their decor is so sterile it makes me cringe. Not how I would decorate a manor house like theirs.

Reactions: 4
Really? Is that why the chapel has not been finished? If she is a slack payer then she will eventually lose out when businesses send in the bailiffs <do they have them in France> to repossess the crockery cupboard!! LOL
Yes we have them in France. They are called Huissiers and they are not very well loved ! Haha.

Proof.... Marie does own something that could be called a bra. Tucked away on left of screen shot.
Is it a childhood photo of SJ or IJ in the background.
Mandy is so slim she is having to hold up the Escada dress (as seen in the fly movie).

Attachments

• Haha
After seeing the Elf clip, I think the “For Someone Special” Santa negligee would be the paaaaarfect gift. I mean, she loves Christmas. Duplicate the card in the movie complete with a pic of James Caan.

Then we all chip in and buy Marie a Hermès Birkin and watch Steph have a heart attack. (that’s sarcasm, I don’t want her to have an actual heart attack...I’d settle for an intense look of horror and a grandiose exit from the room.)
If we all chip in and send Marie a Birkin I wonder would it in fact ever “make it” to the chateau??? And I do realise we’re not really considering sending Marie a Birkin 😁 but I wonder if all the “gifts” are addressed to SJ or to the Chateau generally or to the inmates that they’re destined for. I know a lot come in boxes with gifts for all in the box. I remember in one regular vlog SJ having a go at BJJ for opening a parcel - he pretty much shut her up with “it’s addressed to me” so in her little hitler lala world all her minions should not even be opening their own mail without her permission or presence. You could see the realisation on her face when what BJJ said penetrated her lala brain. If Nati opens all the gifts then she sees things tagged for her but she has to wait until that little - (I really want to use it I really do) - but I won’t, until that little weapon allows them to open their gifts.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Proof.... Marie does own something that could be called a bra. Tucked away on left of screen shot.
Mandy is so slim she is having to hold up the Escada dress (as seen in the fly movie).
So what’s with Mandy ? She seems to not fit into anything there ? She comes and goes through Covid ? What’s her gig ?

She’s probably just wearing the wrong size and needs a fitting like every woman doesn’t do. SJ is clearly wearing ones that are too small.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
YouTube "suggested" I watch a channel called Rural France Journals. Seemed churlish not to (lockdown ennui).

It's in its infancy- 14'eps so fair, not quite 800 subscribers. All very gentle (but not totally dull). A rather intriguing South African chap who bought (2014) , unseen, a tiny house he found on the internet. It's a rather sweet 2 bedroomed house, built in 1937. In need of updating but nothing too dramatic. The chap - Leon - has obviously totally embraced and thrown himself into life in a small village in rural France...a bit south west of Limoges, think. Made loads of friends in the village, talks to everyone he encounters in the village, gets inviolved with village life and clearly feels it is home. From the little I've watched, it's all rather refreshing.

No begging bowls, no sob story, nothing other than enthusiasm about his move and how happy he is.

The reason for mentioning him is that in the intro to one of the eps I've watched he came out with a killer line in his intro to taking the viewers round his weeny house...delivered with a half-mile smile and raised eyebrow he said:

"Unlike the British vlog mafia [living] in France I do not live in a chateau..".

British vlog mafia is just so, so splendid a description that I simply had to give it s wider audience!
Thanks for the tip..unfortunately his South African accent is so MP like it is putting me off, but I will persevere. All of these other channels act as a refreshing antidote to the toxicity of CD I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I HAD to (quickly) watch the latest CATC just to have a look at this Longchamp bag...

It is a beautiful BIG Longchamp bag...! Red and not second hand at all IMO. All new.

It was sooooooo funny to see Stephanie's reaction when she saw the bag AND the logo. She was dying inside !! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
YouTube "suggested" I watch a channel called Rural France Journals. Seemed churlish not to (lockdown ennui).

It's in its infancy- 14'eps so fair, not quite 800 subscribers. All very gentle (but not totally dull). A rather intriguing South African chap who bought (2014) , unseen, a tiny house he found on the internet. It's a rather sweet 2 bedroomed house, built in 1937. In need of updating but nothing too dramatic. The chap - Leon - has obviously totally embraced and thrown himself into life in a small village in rural France...a bit south west of Limoges, think. Made loads of friends in the village, talks to everyone he encounters in the village, gets inviolved with village life and clearly feels it is home. From the little I've watched, it's all rather refreshing.

No begging bowls, no sob story, nothing other than enthusiasm about his move and how happy he is.

The reason for mentioning him is that in the intro to one of the eps I've watched he came out with a killer line in his intro to taking the viewers round his weeny house...delivered with a half-mile smile and raised eyebrow he said:

"Unlike the British vlog mafia [living] in France I do not live in a chateau..".

British vlog mafia is just so, so splendid a description that I simply had to give it s wider audience!
. If it’s the one I’m thinking of he entreats viewers to buy him a Kir! They’re all at it! He took early retirement from a well paid role in education, had a property to sell in his homeland and brought a lot of furniture and stuff with him. He visits brocantes for bargains and generally has a very nice lifestyle albeit not on a ‘chateau’ scale. I just wish fewer people would jump on this bandwagon as I think they would do well enough out of YouTube!

Reactions: 6
After seeing the Elf clip, I think the “For Someone Special” Santa negligee would be the paaaaarfect gift. I mean, she loves Christmas. Duplicate the card in the movie complete with a pic of James Caan.

Then we all chip in and buy Marie a Hermès Birkin and watch Steph have a heart attack. (that’s sarcasm, I don’t want her to have an actual heart attack...I’d settle for an intense look of horror and a grandiose exit from the room.)
Dying! From humor that is!
Can we please make
“Let’s All Buy Marie a Hermés Birkin Bag” our next 🧵.
Pretty Please?

Ah which story do we believe. The story that poor ickle Stephanie was left to play alone whilst her parents worked. Or is it the tale that she spent every holiday with her grandmother in France? Or peut etre it is that she spent Christmas with her friend in Hong Kong? If it is that she had to be alone a bit on Christmas Day whilst her parents earned the ££ that she is so happy to be living off then I'd keep schtum if I were her. I don't think Mummy is a caring, loving mummy but boy oh boy does SJ want to keep rubbing her nose in it that Daddy darling was her favourite parent. And, just how long is she going to keep on about her lonely little life? She's 45 for crying out loud. Move on pet.
Don’t forget she has cousins in the UK that she is close to along with her Aunt and Uncle that live there too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Hello my name is Rory and I was a CD addict. During the early vlogs, which I loved, I contemplated buying from Catawiki (auction site) a beautiful old set of blue covered books in french - french authors of major french text I think from 1800s. Can't believe myself either. I feel ashamed
I am so pleased to hear that you are now in recovery!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Any Scandinavians on here? It may be a misconception, but I've thought that Marie's body confidence maybe comes from her Norwegian upbringing. In my experience they are not so prudish, and they will share saunas and bathe in the nude with family and strangers.
Scandinavians are body confident and at ease being naked at the sauna. This comes from women being empowered, they really don't care what you think about their bodies, they care about being strong and healthy and able to look after themselves.

This also applies to the Dutch, we actually consider it quite unclean for people to wear clothes in the sauna as it is not good for the private parts - the idea is to "air out" these parts, which are cleaned by the steam, and then out into the cold fresh air. For those with real courage, a dip in a snowy lake or an ice cold swimming pool will rid you of any cobwebs. Wim Hof is my hero. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend a hot sauna in the nuddy and a cold swim, it does the body the world of good.

Be warned, however, you will be mocked and ridiculed if you go into a Scandinavian or Dutch sauna with clothes on... it's just not done. Better off staying at home. ;) :cool:

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Scandinavians are body confident and at ease being naked at the sauna. This comes from women being empowered, they really don't care what you think about their bodies, they care about being strong and healthy and able to look after themselves.

This also applies to the Dutch, we actually consider it quite unclean for people to wear clothes in the sauna as it is not good for the private parts - the idea is to "air out" these parts, which are cleaned by the steam, and then out into the cold fresh air. For those with real courage, a dip in a snowy lake or an ice cold swimming pool will rid you of any cobwebs. Wim Hof is my hero. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend a hot sauna in the nuddy and a cold swim, it does the body the world of good.

Be warned, however, you will be mocked and ridiculed if you go into a Scandinavian or Dutch sauna with clothes on... it's just not done. Better off staying at home. ;) :cool:
My grandmother used to say, if she saw someone scantily clad, that they would "frighten the horses!" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Their latest offering was so boring, I fast forwarded through most of it, carried on in case it got more interesting. It didn't ! :rolleyes:
You can buy special protective screens for TVs (I've installed one on my TV), which means that you can unleash your frustration and throw all manner of things at your TV when you're watching this crap without having to buy a new TV every week. Since these channels are sprouting up like mushrooms on YT, there will probably be a huge surge in demand for them...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hello my name is Rory and I was a CD addict. During the early vlogs, which I loved, I contemplated buying from Catawiki (auction site) a beautiful old set of blue covered books in french - french authors of major french text I think from 1800s. Can't believe myself either. I feel ashamed.
Luckily I never ever was tempted to send her anything. I think the scales fell from my eyes when I she set up the Cadeaux at the Chateau strand. I was uncomfortable about when they opened so many gifts & think I thought that maybe it would be better for people to send money directly to the charities rather than presents to people who already have so much. Seeing how in the midst of a pandemic that friends were struggling financially & also how businesses were closing & food banks were on the rise and here were these people sitting in a lovely home, not needing to work, having lots of nice food & drink & then for some reason people thought they needed gifts and treats? I couldn't get my head round that. Have we ever heard a list of which charities have benefited? I think I remember some vague mention of a cancer charity once, but as I stopped watching the gift grabbing ones quite a lot because it sickened me that they were so unaware of what was happening in the real world - so I can't say for sure if they've giving a total £ donated. At the start I thought she was quirky & vibrant but as I watched more of her I kept thinking what my mum would've said ' she thinks something of herself doesn't she?' and I have to agree. When she was in the ETTCDIY episode wearing a full length sheepskin & heeled boots to sweep up peacock poo I think it was on a sloping ramp leading up to a hayloft I thought who the heck does that but someone who is playing up to the cameras. Thank goodness I have never felt tempted to send her anything....of any value... :cool: :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.