The Chateau Diaries #181 I really don't have it in me to deal with more 🐒💩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know Snorts is tall but I am sure he is wearing Stephs birthay Louboutin heels, his legs look double length
Does anyone know how tall Philip is? I thought he was tall, but Stephanie is quite short and he’s not towering over her even whilst wearing his high heel boots. I really noticed it during the dancing in the kitchen episode. Maybe he’s 6’?

Reactions: 9
I think we should start complaining about SJ's lack of progress on the Daddy Tile installation. I don't know about you guys, but I REALLY want to see that monstrosity come to life. I couldn't care less about the heating. Let them freeze! I just want to see SJ glue THIS bad boy to her backsplash.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.06.47 PM.png

:love:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
@Jules100 I admire your creative. Portraits are difficult and time consuming. Here is my suggestion.

View attachment 1591833

View attachment 1591856

View attachment 1591851

CREATIVITY 😶
Just realized on second look...
SJ is wearing pants and top here....
Garanimals maybe??? 😆
Someone mentioned those to aid her in matching!!! @Le Baiseur? Was that you...or @MRShavershamsdress? Not sure....
Palazzo pants we used to call those wide legs!
But I do think it’s refreshing after all the dresses cut down to you know where!!! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Has the person Sinan from the Secret Chateau joined Tattle yet? I wish they would. Here's another smackdown of theirs that caught my eye.
Screenshot_20220921-012451_YouTube.jpg

A quilter as a volunteer! Is Caroline Goofer mad? She's got no bloody idea how long it takes to make a quilt. My sister is a quilter and it takes months and months of dedication! Can you imagine Fanny, for one moment giving all that fabric to Sara out of generosity for Sara to have a quilting workshop? Fanny doesn't have an altruistic bone in her body and she'd see Sara as stealing content to have a workshop with her fabric.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Has the person Sinan from the Secret Chateau joined Tattle yet? I wish they would. Here's another smackdown of theirs that caught my eye.
View attachment 1593985

A quilter as a volunteer! Is Caroline Goofer mad? She's got no bloody idea how long it takes to make a quilt. My sister is a quilter and it takes months and months of dedication! Can you imagine Fanny, for one moment giving all that fabric to Sara out of generosity for Sara to have a quilting workshop? Fanny doesn't have an altruistic bone in her body and she'd see Sara as stealing content to have a workshop with her fabric.
I am a quilter and they could only manage a workshop for locals as they would need a machine for each attendee. They could do a hand stitched quilted placemat perhaps.
I was also amazed that Sarah thought that SJ had a fancy sewing machine. That machine was not fancy, if you are a quilter you will know what I mean. I think she was pulling our leg with that nonsense.. it was a machine that she was not familiar with.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Well ..... I guess if people are mad at Fanny for doing that Birthday / Gift Grab with the Queens funeral and all........ she can blame the Squirrel !
It was so boring I stopped it.

Oh the bloody heating again! Look sister - if you did not buy all that $$ crap and $$ travel all the time that heating would have been in and working years ago now!!!
Freeze witch! :devilish:
Amen!!!

Vertically challenged ??
Yes, “short man syndrome”!
Although he’s not bothering to use “lifts” hidden in the shoe- he’s putting it out there- the hiding in plain sight! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Ewww!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Brenda's facebook page.. Steven Smith has it figured out.

Escape to Chateau de Lalande & More

Rae Day

I am only up to March ‘ 21 and I refuse to watch out of order. Just thinking that Phillip is a volunteer, trying hard to woo our princess? Following her around like a puppy, lots of opinions, please remember it’s Stephanie’s home. She has wonderful taste and awesome friends. I am starting to miss them? Curious

Bee Hill
Philip is a lovely guy and they both make each other happy. He is very knowledgeable in all things Chateaux and is an asset to Lalande. Stephanie’s family love him and he gets on well with everyone at the Chateau as far as I’m aware. I met him at the open day and he was friendly and most definitely not vain. I was happy when he became a permanent Lalander! X

Rae Day
Bee Hill I love that we are all different and life is not boring. I appreciate everyone’s opinion and I am in bed watching the wonderful progress of the renovations. I don’t think I need any more spoilers, but it’s been interesting to see the responses. Love to you all

Nancy Nally
Rae DayBear in mind as you watch that they were a couple privately for a long time before they went public with their relationship, so the edited "slice of life" you are seeing in the vlogs can seem a bit odd at times because they live their lives pa…
See more

Steven Smith
What surprised me was that he's straight?

]Kristi Beisecker
Steven Smith he could be Bi

Sharon Pegg
Steven Smith me too

Rae Day
Steven Smith Yes. A bit of a dandy and sweet View attachment 1594032

and skipping ahead to this comment at the end.. I am sure Brenda will be removing this chat tomorrow.
Karen Basten Dolan
Phillip does grow on you… But my impressions the first year and a half, was WHAT THE??? After,??? Nick, Ollie, Michael Potts, guy from Main??? I do trust her judgement, and serendipity. He does appears to be be a caring person, with a genuine protective response. Wishing them happiness, growth and contentment…

Last edited:
  • Haha
I am a quilter and they could only manage a workshop for locals as they would need a machine for each attendee. They could do a hand stitched quilted placemat perhaps.
I was also amazed that Sarah thought that SJ had a fancy sewing machine. That machine was not fancy, if you are a quilter you will know what I mean. I think she was pulling our leg with that nonsense.. it was a machine that she was not familiar with.
Yeah sewing machine of Fanny's is a little toy. I have a few different machines, but even my old Bernina from the 80's has more features than that that little thing.
I could knock a quilt out in a few days if I had to, but that's not the point. It's a hobby and you do a bit here, and more there etc as you can fit into your life, for the pleasure of making.
There's no way I'd use my skills to make a quilt for Fanny, not even a placemat. She is not "Quilt Worthy".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
This photo was just posted by Wendy on Brenda's FB.. looks like Steph and Phi met up at a festival together
1663735177657.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
This photo was just posted by Wendy on Brenda's FB.. looks like Steph and Phi met up at a festival togetherView attachment 1594088
Fanny and Selmar look like they are the parents of little boy Snorts and have taken Snorts on a trip and purchased a cape for him to play in.

If a person was not familiar with the twisted LieLande relationship dynamics, they would never think the Douche Lorde and Fanny were a couple. She looks like a worn out mom taking her son to a festival.

Fun quiz. Can you spot the one man in this photo that Fanny has not horizontally tangoed with? Is it the man or woman in the brown shirt in the background?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
That ugly hanger with the quote 'Though she be but little she is fierce' almost made the ol' hag cry out "I am recognized for who I am'. Yes, Isabelle, you are indeed and fierce it is not. The greedy monstrosity you have created out of your own daughter is the eternal evidence you will convey and it speaks not only to your character but to the whole of the life you have lived.

• Heart
Sarah thought that SJ had a fancy sewing machine
That's because Sara wants to live a psudo-Bernadette Banner life, so any sewing machine, that is electric is automatically fancy in her eyes. Remember that antique Singer sewing machine she bought and "restored"....

Reactions: 18
Hello All WTF is Fanny wearing on grab a lot just clicked the thumb nail -it is the sort pf frump fest outfit that looks as though it should have a matching sun visor. Seriously I am obsessing but it is astounding how much her dress sense has changed since she met the fashionista Philippa.
And following Wendy mouse felters revelation that ging-pubes said wearing separates confuses shitshow fanny... Is he drugging her! Her dress sense, never good, has declined enormously since the pubey one came on board. Who in their right mind would not edit out the bit about pubey choosing her outfit. Total cringefest.

Do you think Lalanders especially those with allergies know that old taxidermy animals have arsenic in their stuffing?
Maybe pubes has been licking them. Like old wallpaper glue.

• Haha
  • Sick
One does not have to be a doormat to become vulnerable due to life circumstances. Being vulnerable does not equate to being weak.
I'm not saying with any certainty that Gwen is either, but rather admitting it is a possibility and not a crazy one at that.

Meghan is used to getting what she wants. Keep the narc happy and all you'll do is delay the inevitable. Better off to cut up their supply as early as possible. They'll snap back at you, for sure they will, but have faith they can't keep their façade forever, at some point they will have alienated enough people in their life as to render their tactics largely ineffective.

Yes and yes.
She has to provide proof for regular maintenance and testing of chimneys, open fires/log burners and electrical installations in the house. In the UK (with some exceptions) electrics must be inspected every 5 years if any letting of the property occurs. Chimneys would usually have to be swept annually for insurance compliance.

She's had an electrical fire before as per Clara's statements. She should know better!

The chapel would have to be totally off limits by securing the perimeter otherwise that is an accident and a liability claim waiting to happen, and this doesn't apply just to the paying B&B guests, but also the slave labour.
Kathy has a new flog up and a brilliant name for our Chattalain...Fanny Four Flues...she questions the pre 'log burner installations' inspections and then the Disney trip for adults.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Kathy has a new flog up and a brilliant name for our Chattalain...Fanny Four Flues...she questions the pre 'log burner installations' inspections and then the Disney trip for adults.
and none of Fanny's four flues are seeing any action in the foreseeable if you catch my drift

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I was just trying to add "fuel to the fire" that Bullshit spews forth from ALL at Lalande. That no one is ever capable of doing a correct job, everything is half cock, last minute, a mess, unfinished or not even started.

No way could I live like that, I expect things to be done on time, done correctly and a correct agreed price and then paid for. The exception to this is dealing with local authorities who only have one speed ..slow, but you just have to be prepared for that and apply months in advance.
Thanks for posting that vlog. I attempted to find it the other day to confirm how many visits Nathan had made previously - turns out 6 up to that date, June 2022. And Stephanie still wasn't fully prepared when he turned up recently to fit the wood burners.
I'm with you, no way could I live like that either, as the old saying goes, "fail to prepare, prepare to fail". :rolleyes:
Plus, I would be very surprised if Stephanie Jarvis actually has any kind of fully comprehensive insurance - contents, buildings or even public liability. Not to mention anything that is required/appropriate for the B&B business in that connection.

Welcome back @LurkingMeg! You did not actually miss much- simply more excuses, Patron Day, half-cocked renovation ideas, no heat for Winter 2022/23 for anyone there, and she's run off to Disney and planning her next 6 months of holidays. Ironically, Billy Petherick released a vlog a few days ago called, "We Bought This Abandoned Chateau", which was kind of a slap in the face to Fanny- I do not think it was intentional, but it showed how things were properly done to restore (I will give Billy this- he is an incredibly hard worker.) The important bits were sorted prior to anything else- the leaky roof, new electrics, new plumbing, and heat. Fanny cannot use the excuse of poverty any longer, as Patron certainly gave her a tidy sum, which she has squandered on tat, wallpaper, decorative gardens and furniture vice making the structure itself secure (roof leaks, absolutely NO heating, wonky plumbing, rotted windows, questionable electrics, structural issues with rotted and sagging beams). There is no common sense there- she is more concerned with the cosmetics versus repairing the important systems, which is a moot point with her, as she always has an excuse. It is akin to giving a 5-year-old a large sum of money, and watching them just blow it on candy, Roblox and chicken nuggets!
Thank you for the recap! The poor people who work for her spending winter there. I think heating in France is about to quadruple in cost so she's probably not wanting to pay for it. She should have at the very least, put in more radiators on her existing system. It's ludicrous to think that log burners are going to make a difference. You know I had a friend once. He inherited a ton of money. He would blow it at bars and restaurants but couldn't pull the trigger on buying a home. Just piddled it away on nothing. This is literally Stephanie.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.