The Chateau Diaries #168 The bell Toiles for thee, Stephaneeee.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just googled it & found this
When two narcissists are in love – Narcissist couples
One might wonder how come two such people would get together. It sounds counterintuitive to expect two selfish individuals to form a couple. Who does the pleasing then? Who is there to serve as a personal assistant in that relationship?
You would expect a narcissist to find someone who is insecure and a natural people-pleaser so they don’t have to work too much on getting them into that slave-like position. And this does happen most of the time.
Nonetheless, there’s also another possibility, and that is for two narcissists to become a narcissist couple. We can’t say exactly why this happens. As we’ll show you in the next section, research even shows that two narcissists tend to be in a relationship perhaps even more than with non-narcissistic people. We could assume a several reasons for this.
The first is that similarities attract. We’ll talk more about this option in a bit.
The second possibility is that since narcissists aren’t really desirable life partners, they end up having to scrape the leftovers (🤣🤣)
Non-narcissists will probably find someone who can reciprocate their love and care. Finally, what might also be true is that they are attracted to the perfect image a narcissist puts forth. They might like how they appear as a couple, thus, how their narcissistic partner makes them look good in the public eye.
Narcissist couples don’t really know how to form an intimate and loving relationship. Yet, they seem to have enough in common to overcome this This study showed that it’s not that people become alike with time. Two narcissists will be attracted to each other in the first place.
When you think of how dissatisfying a life of a spouse of a narcissist is, one might be happy that narcissists find happiness in sharing their selfishness.
Summing up
The similarities between two narcissists can make them feel attracted to each other. They may find solace in being with someone who has the same value system as them. (yeah right - or no value system more like!!🤣🤣)
The expectations from a relationship are different between narcissistic and non-narcissistic people. And this difference can become the cause of a lot of friction and dissatisfaction. However, when a narcissistic is in a relationship with another narcissist, they have similar expectations.
Both narcissistic partners can agree on the level of proximity that they would like to maintain and not find each other’s behaviour odd.

Birds of a feather twirl together eh? 🤣
The last line would make a great Tattle title 👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She seems to be trying to deal with it the way she usually deals with anything too big for her own appetite (so basically everything): she's frantically looking for someone to take care of it for her. So far, nobody wants to step into the mine field she has created for herself. She tried to shift responsibility to the accountants she hired for a while, but they are keeping their doors closed. My understanding is that Isabelle's impending return is closely related to and driven by the tax situation spinning out of control. Word is she wants out.

It's his hobby, not his profession.
Are the accountants refusing to deal with her now? Has she actually prepared or preparing to file any accounts? Who wants out her Mum or Fanny herself? Percy is a businessman he is probably seeing a minefield before his wife and they are not getting any younger and probably just want some peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The last line would make a great Tattle title 👍
I quite like this quote from the article which I found hilarious 'narcissists aren’t really desirable life partners, they end up having to scrape the leftovers'. Think that sums up that Romeo & Juliet love story in the chateau to a T. 🤣

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
EDIT from my last post.

what I have read from @Clara Burnett and seen on the vlogs she is a nasty racist

Not sure that I meant racist (though I wouldn’t put it past her) I think I meant homophobe. Too early for me and no coffee yet!
I have wondered if she was racist. She lived in London. How on earth can you avoid becoming friends with people with roots outside the UK?

The incident with Clara friends, I don't think she is homophobe but the narcist in her allowed the volunteer to make these comments and get away with it. Simply because the volunteer held more value at that moment than Ivo and his partner.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I kind of understand your point. However, when you say this below, I have to ask, how is this ANY different from the vlogs she did prior to Philip being around? I really don't see the change in her activity that would indicate she's being isolated by Philip! I think she pretty much isolated herself prior to Philip, she just had different playthings around - Marie Wiik, Michael Petherick, Michael Potts, Nick Larkin....on and on and on.

Snorts has isolated her so much that she barely gets out of her apartments. When she does SJ runs around like a headless chicken to film the Jardin d'Anglais, the chickens, peacocks, and the walled garden a quick peak in the kitchen before she returns to her bedroom, to go on ebay/visit auction sites.

What I do think is true is that since Philip came on the scene, Stephanie has scaled back. However, I don't think it has anything to do with Philip. Rather, it is the MONEY that came about when Philip showed up that has caused her to scale back. And I think that the fact that he showed up is the coincidence. I've said many times here that the two of them are exactly alike. And I don't feel either one of them is more worse than the other. I still feel that way. He's not the cause of all of this. SHE IS!!
I agree. I can think of the traits of the 2 narcs I had the misfortune to encounter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing as it helps to see the patterns of behaviour. From my experience a narc is always interested in new things at the start. Whether it be a person, a hobby or interest or a project. So at the start everything makes them giddy with excitement. Then the shine wears off a bit, then it becomes dull, then they need a new shiny thing to chase. So at first Fanny was excited about the TV programme, then the Youtube venture, then the patron project but now it is same old same old. Nothing of note happening at the chateau so all she has to film is the really boring day to day stuff. And we all know that to a narc that just isn't their bag because they're special & unique and above such dull stuff like that as it's for the ordinary people not them. Also I think that she (like the 2 narcs I knew) is intrinsically lazy, like the 2 narcs I knew they tend to do the barest minimum to wing it. Lazy, bored Fanny...in her head saying I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I kind of understand your point. However, when you say this below, I have to ask, how is this ANY different from the vlogs she did prior to Philip being around? I really don't see the change in her activity that would indicate she's being isolated by Philip! I think she pretty much isolated herself prior to Philip, she just had different playthings around - Marie Wiik, Michael Petherick, Michael Potts, Nick Larkin....on and on and on.

Snorts has isolated her so much that she barely gets out of her apartments. When she does SJ runs around like a headless chicken to film the Jardin d'Anglais, the chickens, peacocks, and the walled garden a quick peak in the kitchen before she returns to her bedroom, to go on ebay/visit auction sites.

What I do think is true is that since Philip came on the scene, Stephanie has scaled back. However, I don't think it has anything to do with Philip. Rather, it is the MONEY that came about when Philip showed up that has caused her to scale back. And I think that the fact that he showed up is the coincidence. I've said many times here that the two of them are exactly alike. And I don't feel either one of them is more worse than the other. I still feel that way. He's not the cause of all of this. SHE IS!!
Fanny is the cause but Snorty is her partner in crime and right-hand squirrel. He emboldens, encourages and excites in her bad decisions and questionable behaviour (especially financial misbehaviour, excessive spending, travel & drinking). Snorty doesn't challenge Fanny, question her or hold her accountable. It is an unhealthy co-dependence and unholy alliance that won't survive when the gravy train ends.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Fanny is the cause but Snorty is her partner in crime and right-hand squirrel. He emboldens, encourages and excites in her bad decisions and questionable behaviour (especially financial misbehaviour, excessive spending, travel & drinking). Snorty doesn't challenge Fanny, question her or hold her accountable. It is an unhealthy co-dependence and unholy alliance that won't survive when the gravy train ends.
I have to say he is very young and probably doesn't even understand the finances he just likes spending

Reactions: 20
ScobbyDubby is on secret art buying mission on the French Riviera - wtf - why is it secret - is he trading in stolen art work????
The man appears to be a total and utter goon. He makes driving across Europe sound like he is dodging enemy lines, he is brash, ostentatious and a complete and utter bore.

I agree. I can think of the traits of the 2 narcs I had the misfortune to encounter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing as it helps to see the patterns of behaviour. From my experience a narc is always interested in new things at the start. Whether it be a person, a hobby or interest or a project. So at the start everything makes them giddy with excitement. Then the shine wears off a bit, then it becomes dull, then they need a new shiny thing to chase. So at first Fanny was excited about the TV programme, then the Youtube venture, then the patron project but now it is same old same old. Nothing of note happening at the chateau so all she has to film is the really boring day to day stuff. And we all know that to a narc that just isn't their bag because they're special & unique and above such dull stuff like that as it's for the ordinary people not them. Also I think that she (like the 2 narcs I knew) is intrinsically lazy, like the 2 narcs I knew they tend to do the barest minimum to wing it. Lazy, bored Fanny...in her head saying I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!!!
I think Prince of Pubes demonstrates a key tell on the narc spectrum. Narcs like to ingratiate themselves into every aspect of your life and learn everything about you, thus the whole over familiarity with Derek. Fanny needs to be careful, he is like a pesky pube on a bar of soap-hard to get rid of without leaving marks

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Europe's largest gay circuit festival -- 70k scantily clad men at the waterpark in Barcelona -- begins tomorrow. Will MP be there? His stalker, Johnny Darko? And little bad O?
Makes it easy for Oliver now that he lives so close.

she's waited a bloody long time! I actually like Isabelle she is feisty and funny
Suspect it's been brewing for quite a while, but Isabelle's had to wait. Travel restrictions, Isabelle's eye surgery and now it's appears Percy is applying for UK residency. That's why Tante Chantal & Oncle Steven were around so much in order to keep an eye on Fanny and report back to Isabelle.

There were definitely tensions when Fanny & Snorty visited SA in February and no doubt words were spoken. It's all coming to a head before year-end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25

Suspect it's been brewing for quite a while, but Isabelle's had to wait. Travel restrictions, Isabelle's eye surgery and now it's appears Percy is applying for UK residency. That's why Tante Chantal & Oncle Steven were around so much in order to keep an eye on Fanny and report back to Isabelle.

There were definitely tensions when Fanny & Snorty visited SA in February and no doubt words were spoken. It's all coming to a head before year-end.
Got the pop corn ready to watch Prince of Pubes suffer a good waxing as he is pulled out from the root

• Haha
Reactions: 13
EDIT from my last post.

what I have read from @Clara Burnett and seen on the vlogs she is a nasty racist

Not sure that I meant racist (though I wouldn’t put it past her) I think I meant homophobe. Too early for me and no coffee yet!
Racist is true, though. From my experience most are who are their age and lived during the "good times" in S. Africa, even if only subconsciously.
And remember how she treats her maid in S. A.?
If this is her philanthropic smile I don't know...

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞
Day 22 of summer tattvent Calendar of unfinished projects

Get ready for the Xmas tree farm!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’ll have to check these out. We are always looking for new things to watch.

We watched The Duke tonight (with Helen Mirren) and it was excellent! I’ve never in my life heard the term “Sparrow’s Fart” until I saw your username on here. Then, low and behold…one of the guy’s lines in this movie was something like, “have to get up earlier than a sparrow’s fart…”. I didn’t know this was a saying.
Sorry for the off-topic, but it did make me think of you. 😊

View attachment 1476659
Hahhha.
I chose the name because when I started on Tattle I was having insomnia and was up most of the night, then got half an hour of sleep before waking up at pre-dawn ie sparrows fart! Sleep has come back thankfully, I only see sunrise about once a week now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Any gossip you can share? Pretty please.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Actually, Michael might end up spilling some tea…eventually. He was angry and bitter enough at Angel Strawbridge to make a video. Maybe he’ll finally realize SJ isn’t (and wasn’t) the friend he thought. I don’t think the rest of the Petherick clan cares much for SJ…maybe he’ll come around, too. But you’re right…he might be made a pariah in the chateauverse. No one will want to have him around for fear he’ll “turn on them,” too. But, if SJ happened to be caught in a compromising position, it might be easier for MPK to talk.
There was that beef Ma Petherick had CBomb had with Dear Brenda on FB, they asked Fanny to help sort it out and she did naff all 😬

• Heart
  • Wow
I hate that game my kids used to play it every time they would stop feeding somebody or letting it sleep it would run around and die I don’t know why people like it I don’t see the attraction personally but I’m glad you have something to keep busy
Then they would come home from school crying as you’d let their pet die. 😂😂

I try to give my animals names they can be proud of... 😁
I once had a rescue dog called Flash. That was embarrassing 😳

I really am, although, I did get sunburn! Today is opening day for lobster season! My friends are ready!
I’ve never eaten Lobster, what does it taste like. We did eat crab when I was growing up but I suppose that’s because it was available locally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.