The Chateau Diaries #167 SJ and PJ's love child would be... A cabbage bowl wearing a 100 stars scarf...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to attack the chateau with magic erasers. Give me a week & the entire place will be clean & sanitized.
@Jules100, you'd need at least a month and an entire shipping container full of magic erasers to unmuck that disgusting abode! It's not just the doors and walls- even the light switches are disgusting. Regular hand washing (let alone bathing) do not seem to be the norm at the Shitoo. :sick:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Three videos of showing the same thing over & over again in the toile bedroom. If I were a patron, I would be pissed. I noticed at the street fair / market thing Philip suggested buying the pitcher & wash basin for the downstairs loo… Recently a smart tartlet suggested there was no running water in the loo. I think they’ve just been proven right.
Seems legit. Snorts would remark, "The chateau didn't originally have running water, so it's not important."

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Except in the winter.
I once visited Key West in mid January. it was perfect weather for me. I hate hot humid weather but I could endure it if I lived in Key West..LOL

It's the only way I know of to access the Patreon videos and make them available here.
Thanks for doing this.

Sounds a lot like one I make, only I use spinach and artichokes, never heard of turnip greens here..
That sounds delish. I grew up eating turnip and mustard greens. I love turnips and rhutabaga etc. I think it is an acquired taste.

Seems legit. Snorts would remark, "The chateau didn't originally have running water, so it's not important."
He did mention in previous comments that they do not have to wash up in the fountain. ;) They need to take Marie with them when Brocante shopping as she is the only one with any common sense.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
A quick hi before I sleep off my jet-lag.

So, from this...
Screenshot_20220802-220441_Chrome.jpg

To this...

Screenshot_20220802-220305_Chrome.jpg

And people wonder why I get pissed off with the Irish weather! 😄

What a fine welcome back getting drenched was! Lovely to see you all again. And I hope you've all been keeping feisty and fit!
A few points:

• I sat through the three latest vlogs before I realised Chloe/Coco wasn't Stuart! They are so alike they might have been separated at birth! Fanny must have seen the similarities and gone with the familiar.
• The "Do Not Use" sign on the amoire is obviously there because Snorts was the one who put it together. I mean, would you trust any piece of furniture he built to be safe and in good working order? Not a bloody chance!
• The toile bedroom reminds me of a hangover I once had and it wasn't pretty! My hangover was crappy, ugly and made me see pink for a week!
• The blue tile avatars are amazing! My Spodey sense tells me the remarkable Jules is to blame credit for their artistry! They are a joy! May I have one please? No rush. Thank you dearest Jules. Hope your renovations are moving along nicely!
• I've just sat through the longest drum solo ever! It was performed by the freakishly horrible child sitting behind me on board my Singapore Airlines flight during my 23 hour flight from Australia to the UK. Gritting one's teeth and keeping one's temper for 23 hours was exhausting! I shall now sleep for a week, drink my duty free Glenmorangie and hug my cats.

I've got lots of reading to catch up with here. I'll join you all soonest. Please stay safe. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I think Stephamememe is going for the Lulu Lytle look in the twirl room. Uk Tattlers will be familiar with her abominations as seen in the PM’s residence. Stephamememe has obviously latched onto to the headline grabbing ‘more is more’ look which has no taste or style, merely a passing fad which fits with her aesthetic. Matchy matchy taken to the extreme. Those who have no intrinsic style copy slavishly those who they believe do have ’it’. She must really believe all her followers are stupid or she feels desperately inadequate and is adopting young fads to stay relevant, given her vintage.
Lulu Lytle has taste and her clashing patterns actually enhance each other. It's not my taste but Lulu's a bit of alright. Having grown up in the palm tree latitudes, I love Lytle's use of rattan -- she saved Britain's last rattan workshop from bankruptcy -- and other African/Asian/tropical references. (Some have complained they're cultural appropriation, every brown person's nightmare, "Imperialism nostalgia" or "nabob maximalism". Funny. You don't like the cultural appropriation? Give us back your cell phone and kidney dialysis machine and then we'll talk.)
She's a good chick. Here are pix of her own flat. I couldn't find an interior of hers approaching Twirl Inferno the way Vreeland's garden in hell does. I think she's a very visually educated (art and architecture) designer, and that's kewel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
A quick hi before I sleep off my jet-lag.

So, from this...
View attachment 1473466

To this...

View attachment 1473468

And people wonder why I get pissed off with the Irish weather! 😄

What a fine welcome back getting drenched was! Lovely to see you all again. And I hope you've all been keeping feisty and fit!
A few points:

• I sat through the three latest vlogs before I realised Chloe/Coco wasn't Stuart! They are so alike they might have been separated at birth! Fanny must have seen the similarities and gone with the familiar.
• The "Do Not Use" sign on the amoire is obviously there because Snorts was the one who put it together. I mean, would you trust any piece of furniture he built to be safe and in good working order? Not a bloody chance!
• The toile bedroom reminds me of a hangover I once had and it wasn't pretty! My hangover was crappy, ugly and made me see pink for a week!
• The blue tile avatars are amazing! My Spodey sense tells me the remarkable Jules is to blame credit for their artistry! They are a joy! May I have one please? No rush. Thank you dearest Jules. Hope your renovations are moving along nicely!
• I've just sat through the longest drum solo ever! It was performed by the freakishly horrible child sitting behind me on board my Singapore Airlines flight during my 23 hour flight from Australia to the UK. Gritting one's teeth and keeping one's temper for 23 hours was exhausting! I shall now sleep for a week, drink my duty free Glenmorangie and hug my cats.

I've got lots of reading to catch up with here. I'll join you all soonest. Please stay safe. ❤
Welcome back, @Iolair ! I'm glad you were able to have a lovely holiday! LOL, I thought the very same thing about Chloe- she could be Stuart's doppelganger! It would have been interesting for them both to be at the Shitoo at the same time. Enjoy your well-earned Glenmorangie after the flight from hades, and get some rest! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You’re probably right ‘cos we can see from Dan’s own YT that they aren’t really the most houseproud family …. but the Twirl-Titillating-Twins have still been faffing about in that room for a whole week now & in that time neither one has either noticed the filth or thought it would be a good idea to clean it …. Or more likely thought it wasn’t either of their roles to actually do it … or maybe have no idea where the chateau cleaning stuff is stored?
Twiddledee and Twiddledumb faffed about in the pink palace filming for 1 day, but made it look like multiple days. They simply changed clothes, removed nail polish, revised their hair styles to make it look like it all happened on different days. Sneaky fakers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
@Jules100, you'd need at least a month and an entire shipping container full of magic erasers to unmuck that disgusting abode! It's not just the doors and walls- even the light switches are disgusting. Regular hand washing (let alone bathing) do not seem to be the norm at the Shitoo. :sick:
Agreed that place needs a pressure washer and loads of Clorox 🤣🤣🤣😬

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Found the perfect outfit to wear when staying in the pink toile nightmare room! The only thing that would make this attire paaaarfect is if it was made from toile! 😆

I’m not even sure what you call it…Pants? Dress? It’s very strange…kind of like that pink toile room…an interior designer’s horror.

View attachment 1472803
Faux Shiteau de Lielande Correctional Institute - Autumnal 2022 Collection
1659662754611.png
1659662767754.png
1659662814273.png

That place needs men in hazmat suits :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My cleaning arsenal consists of Foaming Spray Bleach, Glass Plus, Clorox Kitchen Wipes, Lysol Spray Disinfectant, original scent Pine Sol, Pledge spray furniture polish, Scrubbing Bubbles flushable toilet scrubbers, Magic Erasers and paper towels. Also, a broom and shop vac as needed. I would just go room to room in that grungy chateau. I will also need a partner to handle washing and dry cleaner trips for the bed linens, curtains & towels throughout. Afterwards, I would give some serious motherly tough love talks about cleanliness and picking up after yourself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My cleaning arsenal consists of Foaming Spray Bleach, Glass Plus, Clorox Kitchen Wipes, Lysol Spray Disinfectant, original scent Pine Sol, Pledge spray furniture polish, Scrubbing Bubbles flushable toilet scrubbers, Magic Erasers and paper towels. Also, a broom and shop vac as needed. I would just go room to room in that grungy chateau. I will also need a partner to handle washing and dry cleaner trips for the bed linens, curtains & towels throughout. Afterwards, I would give some serious motherly tough love talks about cleanliness and picking up after yourself.
I love doing laundry! Can I come with you?
My forte is laundry and I am the envy of all my friends, who give me their items that have stains that even dry cleaners can't get out!
Plus, I'm a good drinking buddy AND I wear anti-perspirant! I mention the anti-perspirant because of the attic rooms!

My arsenal includes either Tide or Persil (fragrance free), Downy (April Fresh scent), and for stains, carbona, The Laundress Stain Solution and The Laundress All Purpose Bleach Alternative. Also, a Clorox bleach pen and Zout for stains. I also have some special things for specific stains, like ink and anything red.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Lulu Lytle has taste and her clashing patterns actually enhance each other. It's not my taste but Lulu's a bit of alright. Having grown up in the palm tree latitudes, I love Lytle's use of rattan -- she saved Britain's last rattan workshop from bankruptcy -- and other African/Asian/tropical references. (Some have complained they're cultural appropriation, every brown person's nightmare, "Imperialism nostalgia" or "nabob maximalism". Funny. You don't like the cultural appropriation? Give us back your cell phone and kidney dialysis machine and then we'll talk.)
She's a good chick. Here are pix of her own flat. I couldn't find an interior of hers approaching Twirl Inferno the way Vreeland's garden in hell does. I think she's a very visually educated (art and architecture) designer, and that's kewel.
My inspiration and guru for all things Asian design is Bill Bensley. I am sure you have seen his TV programmes? His Paradise by Design book is well thumbed in my house. And his house in Bangkok is my idea of heaven.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My inspiration and guru for all things Asian design is Bill Bensley. I am sure you have seen his TV programmes? His Paradise by Design book is well thumbed in my house. And his house in Bangkok is my idea of heaven.
I have never seen a tv program with Bill Bensley, but I did see him spotlighted once on some sort of show about architects who designed green space hotels. I love his work and also have his book, Paradise by Design - his work is masterful and beautiful!

Reactions: 6
Mine is eerily similar, but add Dawn Powerwash for the greasy AF stove (I'd probably just douse the entire Shitoo kitchen in it while singing "Pour Some Sugar on Me"), X-14 (it's bleach on steroids), Barkeeper's Friend, CLR, vinegar and a beeswax polish for the wood furniture.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Christian music...

My third album was released in July and features some new songs from 2020 and 2021. There are some new themes on this album to do with faith and the spirit, and I tried to create some gospel sound to illustrate this.

View attachment 1466189
Ummmmm…. I am just going to throw this out “there”……….. I truly hope Simon has another stream of income……… pretty sure this music isn’t gonna pay for a Chateau!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.