The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have made this cake.
Happy Juneteenth, from the fish shack, I'm exhausted. It's 85 F here and I won't be turning on the oven again until October.
Lots of nice cold fruit with Tajín.
A biiiiig black bean and corn salsa salad. With avocado and chipotle honey lime dressing. And blue corn chips. Hopefully will get us through August. 🥵
Happy Juneteenth, chica! It was hot as hades here today as well, with the heat index over 100. Your dinner sounds amazing, as does the blackberry jam cake- blackberries are BOGO up at the Publix this week. I thought of you this week when I made Summer Squash and Shrimp Fricasse- so good!

Mr. T Rex wanted pizza for dinner, so I made a white one with mushrooms and truffles, two margheritas with basil from the garden (the second one was an experiment using a few spoons of Calabrian chiles in the sauce- mind blown! So good!), and one with salame picante and onions. It made using the oven worth it- on the positive, the dough proofed like a champ on the lanai, and the wet towel covering the bowl didn't even dry out due to the humidity! (I am this much closer to getting my outdoor kitchen... I actually envy Fanny for having a bread/pizza oven- even though hers is inoperative due to a dirty chimney. If I had one, I'd climb in it myself to clean it!)

My next experiment this week will be this beauty- Pina Colada Pie. And it has rum in it!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So if winter is best for travel vlogs, and summer is better for garden and woods... when do the renos in the chiteau and chapel take place? Never you say?
Whilst at Shiteau de Lie Lande .....
Winter is best for travel vlogs and
Spring is special for Easter egg hunts,
Summer is better for garden and woods and
Autumn is always for strange costume parties,
Alas, every season is good for grifting, drinking, shopping, spending, travelling, lying in bed and doing sweet FA, except screwing your patrons.

Same here! Although, sometimes there are recipes where you must use mayo, and then I buy the smallest jar of Hellman's I can find!
I can't stand the way mayonnaise looks in the jar, or spooning it out, yuk!
I prefer Miracle Whip too!

Same here! Although, sometimes there are recipes where you must use mayo, and then I buy the smallest jar of Hellman's I can find!
I can't stand the way mayonnaise looks in the jar, or spooning it out, yuk!
I prefer Miracle Whip too!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
If I need mayonnaise I buy Dukes. 🤣🤣. It’s Parhfect!
The Duke is the ONLY acceptable Southern mayonnaise! Because a potato salad made with something other than Duke's is just a bowl of sadness. Followed by the hushed murmurs of "She said this is her mama's recipe? Well bless her heart, and her poor mama who can't cook a lick."

I love Miracle Whip. Don’t judge me witches.
@Jules100, I am about to pull your Southern card. You wash your mouth! 😂

In Florida we wear flip flops all year, we even have fancy flip flops!! Here in SW Florida it was 98f the pool was like a bath tub. I’m amazed that most of Europe survives with out air conditioning.
So true. My feet have flip flop tan lines, to the chagrin of my podiatrist who pointed that out to me. My pool was 84 degrees today! Ugh, summers in Europe are certainly not for the weak- shops and newer hotels have aircon, but older homes, flats, hotels, etc. do not.

Where else would there be flip flops in the ragu at this hour...ah, what joy to come home drunk and read Tattle :)👌
This is how we roll! LOL! Welcome back @Heathcliffe !

Last edited:
  • Heart
I know. I meant to say 87*F. I looked up the Celsius conversion for it, just came out of my mouth backwards. I wish it was 78*.
I loved this latest vlog from you! These are so, so good. Thank you for making and sharing them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The Duke is the ONLY acceptable Southern mayonnaise! Because a potato salad made with something other than Duke's is just a bowl of sadness. Followed by the hushed murmurs of "She said this is her mama's recipe? Well bless her heart, and her poor mama who can't cook a lick."

@Jules100, I am about to pull your Southern card. You wash your mouth! 😂

So true. My feet have flip flop tan lines, to the chagrin of my podiatrist who pointed that out to me. My pool was 84 degrees today! Ugh, summers in Europe are certainly not for the weak- shops and newer hotels have aircon, but older homes, flats, hotels, etc. do not.
I made Beer Cheese today........I use the recipe from the place that claims to be the inventor, Hall's On the River in Winchester, Ky. Back in the day, while visiting family, we'd eat there a lot. And, yes, I always use Miller Light to make it!

(I found this recipe online, which is exactly how my family's been making it since the 80's)

Now, if I made a blackberry jam cake and some fried banana peppers, I'd feel like I was at my family reunion! That was interesting icing in that Southern Living recipe, which Kentucky also claims as their invention. My family always uses a boiled brown sugar/caramel icing. I think I might like the cream cheese icing recipe a bit better, since boiled icing is finicky and can be a lot of work.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can't remember sugarcube Paul. Who was he again?
:oops::eek: Whaaaaaaaaaat? You can’t remember my first one here?

paul, who fills a size m t-shirt with his muscles? Paul Van Den Nieuwenhof, from .. Belgium land I think? Visited lalande some time ago. Natty was all over him..

Just don’t stare to long on any pictures you see…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I finally caught up, old new I know but if you watch Dans vlog of 4 days ago Free therapy, at 4.42 he states while he was ill she spent a bit of time hiding out here with Analise and the boys. So if he went to Venice he is lying and Analise is complicite in the lie. HAVent bother to look at latest as agin it all Lalaande which is not what I want to view.

So Dana while in venice is doing another cooking vlog. Who is the cameraperson???
Not a subscriber of Anna and Philip le fleur as too big a grifters but enjoy the channel am I right they missing last weeks and this weeks coming out Sunday?? Havent seen any message as to why have you? Last vlog was tiles.

Reactions: 7
I made Beer Cheese today........I use the recipe from the place that claims to be the inventor, Hall's On the River in Winchester, Ky. Back in the day, while visiting family, we'd eat there a lot. And, yes, I always use Miller Light to make it!

(I found this recipe online, which is exactly how my family's been making it since the 80's)
@M&MsMom - that is the very same beer cheese recipe I use as well (and with Miller Lite!) It's really good with homemade fresh pretzels- I usually make them for Mr. T Rex around Oktoberfest time.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I love Miracle Whip. Don’t judge me witches.
I grew up with miracle whip, grated velveeta “cheese”, and pimentos on wonderbread. I’ve eaten those sandwiches with sweet pickles whenever I’m pregnant lol

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
:oops::eek: Whaaaaaaaaaat? You can’t remember my first one here?

paul, who fills a size m t-shirt with his muscles? Paul Van Den Nieuwenhof, from .. Belgium land I think? Visited lalande some time ago. Natty was all over him..

Just don’t stare to long on any pictures you see…
1655608464201.png

Found him! That was before I started tattle I think.
I may have that book somewhere, will have to see if I can find his page.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
@M&MsMom - that is the very same beer cheese recipe I use as well (and with Miller Lite!) It's really good with homemade fresh pretzels- I usually make them for Mr. T Rex around Oktoberfest time.
Yes, we use soft pretzels, too! But I don't make them - I just buy the frozen ones! For some reason, I'm petrified of making any sort of bread, other than a quick bread. While everyone I knew was making bread during the beginning of Covid, I learned to cook French food, instead! I tend to primarily like my beer cheese with celery sticks and Keebler Club crackers, my husband likes the soft pretzels.

You know, I think you could use those Calabrian chilies in this. I would just be judicious about it, since those chili peppers can be pretty spicy (which is why I love them!). I sometimes just make some pasta, put a little olive oil, maybe garlic if I feel like simmering the oil with a smashed clove of garlic, some fresh basil and a smidge of those Calabrian peppers and mix it all up and call it dinner! It's good hot or room temperature. Sometimes I add pecorino romano to it - it helps tone down the heat!

I also love Velveeta & Rotel dip, omg.
We had that last week...it's just about the only thing my husband can make that tastes good, besides a sandwich!

• Heart
  • Haha

I was thinking about when Fanny was talking to the old owners, and said "What do you think about our secret project, your Grandfathers sitting room."

Is this sitting room off the Marquis apartment? If so maybe has it been turned into a nursery for Natty & Am's baby?
And they have bought (well his parents have for them, remember the file of papers) the Marquis apartment?

Anyone have similar thoughs?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Watergate "Salad," raw Pillsbury dough, and Kraft Mac N' Cheese. Crimes against Humanity that I have loved.
I love Watergate salad - you never see it anymore at deli's, at least around here. I eat Kraft Mac & Cheese, too - with fish sticks! Yes, I'm 10 years old, sometimes! It's my "go to" comfort meal.

• Haha
  • Heart
@Jules100 i think this is your best one. Bravo. I think we can have a competition with your southern most chateau and the lie Lande chateau to see who gets the restoration oops I mean renovation work done first. Keep us posted on your progress. I bet there won’t be any high heels in sight.
I thought about that too- I’m betting that Julie’s renovation and addition will be completed before any project started at the HMN! And also that it will be done tastefully as well! Your property value will surely increase! Also have no doubt that it will be done in a timely and tasteful manner! Look forward to seeing the progress and updates! 🏆

• Heart
Reactions: 18
View attachment 1353330
View attachment 1353318

View attachment 1353275
@danascookbook
15 hours ago
Admiring @marie_alexandrine_yvernault creations, that my beautiful @stephanieejarvis is wearing, as I, on the occasion of my doll’s @countessawess 40th bday party. Stones on silver gold rings and necklaces #mariealexandrineyvernault #galerie54 #stones #design #venice #friends #party @mariealexandrineyvernault #style
PALAZZO LOREDAN DELL'AMBASCIATORE

OMG Dana has washed her hair and lo and behold.......brushed it!!

SJ....ugh!

• Haha
Yes, we use soft pretzels, too! But I don't make them - I just buy the frozen ones! For some reason, I'm petrified of making any sort of bread, other than a quick bread. While everyone I knew was making bread during the beginning of Covid, I learned to cook French food, instead! I tend to primarily like my beer cheese with celery sticks and Keebler Club crackers, my husband likes the soft pretzels.

You know, I think you could use those Calabrian chilies in this. I would just be judicious about it, since those chili peppers can be pretty spicy (which is why I love them!). I sometimes just make some pasta, put a little olive oil, maybe garlic if I feel like simmering the oil with a smashed clove of garlic, some fresh basil and a smidge of those Calabrian peppers and mix it all up and call it dinner! It's good hot or room temperature. Sometimes I add pecorino romano to it - it helps tone down the heat!

We had that last week...it's just about the only thing my husband can make that tastes good, besides a sandwich!
Prior to Rona, T Rex did not bake unless it came in a package. (But I could cook! The lady who lived in the flat below mine in Italy taught me the basics after she came up to bring me my mail that had been delivered to her, and saw my dinner (Dinner from a can and a beer- I was in my early 20s)- "Lo stai mangiando?" "Questo è Chef Boyardee." "Oh no. Non ho mai sentito parlare di questo idiota 'Chef Boyardee'. Vieni con me, ti darò da mangiare. Che brutto. Dov'è tua madre?!?") During Rona, I started baking and Mr. T Rex bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer for my birthday- I pretty much can bake anything now! (The mixer seriously helps as I no longer need to knead anything.) I even make bagels (which are so much better than ones from the shops!)

• Heart
The Chateau Diaries
2 hours ago
I was only there for two days, so I decided to have a mini break instead of filming a full video. But I also think that there’s so much happening at Lalande at the moment that it’s good to focus my videos there. The winter is a better time to film my travels, when there’s not much happening in the garden and woods at home 😊

Nothing to do with not being allowed to film the party then 😂
What the heck?
Isn’t winter the time for indoor projects?
Oh Lawd!
There’s that issue of no heating....
Good grief! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Yes on there needs to be a plan and move forward!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.