The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I highly recommend Stanley Tucci’s “Searching for Italy” show that is on CNN. It’s on season 2 now. Just don’t watch it if you’re hungry. The food he tries looks delicious (most of it). I love him in anything, though. Big Night is one of my family’s favorite movies ever.

It is way too hot all across the US now for any footwear other than flip flops. It’s been 100 degrees in the Midwest for a week and the 10 day forecast shows just more of the same. That cake sounded delicious, and I had told my husband I’d bake a cake this weekend. Then I saw that turning on the oven was a bad idea. So maybe we will just get some ice cream tonight

For some reason in the Midwest we call the diggers “back hoes”. Since I’ve never had to think about how to spell that word I don’t have a clue if that spelling is correct, or why in the world we call them that. I’ve heard excavator when guys try and sound fancy, or want to charge more for something. But it’s usually a back hoe. I kind of like calling it a digger since that at least makes sense.

Asking a totally lame question but I truly haven’t figured it out myself…how do you guys save the link on tattle to open up to the CD thread? I’ve just been leaving my browser open which I don’t think my phone likes very much since this is the only site that freaks my phone out with pop up ads. But I find it difficult to find the current thread if I have to go back into tattle from the beginning. Is there a category I need to click on? I truly have looked around as much as I can. I always use my phone so I’m not on my laptop. No biggie if there isn’t an easy way to go straight to the current thread…it just takes me a bit of searching to find it sometimes.
Backhoes are a little different see video below.

Re, getting to CD on tattle. I open tattle then "bloggers" then CD is usually very close to the top of the list.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I highly recommend Stanley Tucci’s “Searching for Italy” show that is on CNN. It’s on season 2 now. Just don’t watch it if you’re hungry. The food he tries looks delicious (most of it). I love him in anything, though. Big Night is one of my family’s favorite movies ever.

It is way too hot all across the US now for any footwear other than flip flops. It’s been 100 degrees in the Midwest for a week and the 10 day forecast shows just more of the same. That cake sounded delicious, and I had told my husband I’d bake a cake this weekend. Then I saw that turning on the oven was a bad idea. So maybe we will just get some ice cream tonight

For some reason in the Midwest we call the diggers “back hoes”. Since I’ve never had to think about how to spell that word I don’t have a clue if that spelling is correct, or why in the world we call them that. I’ve heard excavator when guys try and sound fancy, or want to charge more for something. But it’s usually a back hoe. I kind of like calling it a digger since that at least makes sense.

Asking a totally lame question but I truly haven’t figured it out myself…how do you guys save the link on tattle to open up to the CD thread? I’ve just been leaving my browser open which I don’t think my phone likes very much since this is the only site that freaks my phone out with pop up ads. But I find it difficult to find the current thread if I have to go back into tattle from the beginning. Is there a category I need to click on? I truly have looked around as much as I can. I always use my phone so I’m not on my laptop. No biggie if there isn’t an easy way to go straight to the current thread…it just takes me a bit of searching to find it sometimes.
i bookmark the last page read then open that each time right where I left off.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You are so right! Sicilian cooking is very cucina povera (and Arab), the island has got so many influences over the millennia. The Muslim influence is strong there (to their benefit.) Dairy goes off quickly in a hot climate, maybe that's why we don't use it? The Italian American kitchen is a whole different story.
Well, I don't know if one could describe Sicilian cooking cucina povera, especially when enriched with Spanish and Arab influences. Here is a nice article explaining how to recreate the menu the writer Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa describes in one of his famous descriptions of the Prince of Salina's dinners. The journalist's Italian connection says: “Until fifty years ago, ‘cooking’ in Sicily was only for rich people,” Lanza told me. “Everyone else ate to survive, to work, and mostly they did not eat and starved.” Of the food in the book, she said, “You wouldn’t find this food; these were recipes coming from high cuisine, for aristocrats, people who had people cooking for them.”
There is of course a huge variety of more simple, everyday food, or delicious street food, but if one thinks of what the range of sweets, pastries, desserts etc. especially the ones made with almonds, candied fruits, like the almond paste cookies, (pasta martorana) prepared in convents by the nuns, there isn't much cucina povera there. I think that, especially for Sicily, it is important to distinguish the courtly, aristocratic cooking tradition, from the popular one.
About dairy, it wasn't excluded from cooking. There are lots and lots of different varieties of cheese and the "ricotta di pecora", a soft sheep cheese, is the main ingredient for the Cassata and the Cannoli.

https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2019/09/13/cooking-with-giuseppe-tomasi-di-lampedusa/

Cassata siciliana

1655597547359.png

cannoli
1655597586101.png

Woow, I've just posted a Tucci video, and I didn't know he wrote a book and had a show on Italian food! And look, you've mentioned it! This is definitely what C.G. Jung called synchronicities!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Do you think SJ makes ragu?
thats why the septic tanks are for.

About the mayonnaise, someone said that they make their own mayo at home, then someone else said how they work the hard eggyolk in it, theother one replied they are using the raw runny eggyolk, and the other one from before said that the other one is lying.

I think I covered that correctly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Backhoes are a little different see video below.

Re, getting to CD on tattle. I open tattle then "bloggers" then CD is usually very close to the top of the list.

That is hilarious! What a funny video…Stephanie is going to want a backhoe if she sees this! Lol

Thanks for the tips on how to get to the CD thread. I didn’t know it was under Bloggers. And I’ll try bookmarking also! 😊

Reactions: 6
That is hilarious! What a funny video…Stephanie is going to want a backhoe if she sees this! Lol

Thanks for the tips on how to get to the CD thread. I didn’t know it was under Bloggers. And I’ll try bookmarking also! 😊
I always have a tap open with the page I am on the most. I just refresh it manually whenever I open it again.

883C0F86-E757-44EC-B389-AF3BBA7FE870.png

• Haha
thats why the septic tanks are for.

About the mayonnaise, someone said that they make their own mayo at home, then someone else said how they work the hard eggyolk in it, theother one replied they are using the raw runny eggyolk, and the other one from before said that the other one is lying.

I think I covered that correctly.
Clever girl! Well, actually I didn't say how I make mayonnayse, I just said how I salsa tonnata is made, which is not mayonnaise. If I would ever make mayonnaise, I would buy the pastorized eggyolks (they sell them in cartons) and, mixing by hand, just add olive oil, salt and some drops of lemonjuce.
But yes, you summed more or less up the mayonnaise mystery case.

Reactions: 1
In Florida we wear flip flops all year, we even have fancy flip flops!! Here in SW Florida it was 98f the pool was like a bath tub. I’m amazed that most of Europe survives with out air conditioning.
Fancy flip flops…I’m dying. Lol…I totally know what you mean! 😂
Flip flops are my go to. Pruning the Rose's- wear flip flops. Watering my potager - wear flip flops. Climbing cliff faces to reach a holy grotto - wear flip flops. Catching snakes that have slithered into the house - wear flip flops. Chasing Mediterranean scorpions- wear flip flops. Walking the sheep - yeah, you've got it. You get my drift... however, going to the beach - GO BAREFOOT 😘
I usually only wear my fancy ones, but I purposely put on my outdoorsy flip flops to go out front into the destruction & dirt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Where else would there be flip flops in the ragu at this hour...ah, what joy to come home drunk and read Tattle :)👌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Clever girl! Well, actually I didn't say how I make mayonnayse, I just said how I salsa tonnata is made, which is not mayonnaise. If I would ever make mayonnaise, I would buy the pastorized eggyolks (they sell them in cartons) and, mixing by hand, just add olive oil, salt and some drops of lemonjuce.
If I need mayonnaise I buy Dukes. 🤣🤣. It’s Parhfect!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Fans casting some shade on Facebook towards Fanny's lack of H&S (and common sense) on the most recent Chateau DIY episode.....

Del E Hart

Flip Stephanie heels on a ladder ?

8 Comments

Caroline Gibert

Form over function. Ridiculous vanity.

Elisabeth de Ru

There's a lot of us wearing inappropriate gear, doing DIY jobs at home. We just don't get filmed.

Barbara Harrison

She almost always wears inappropriate clothes, especially footwear, when doing most diy work.

Eira Elizabeth Greenslade

Honestly couldn’t believe it how silly and so dangerous should have been told before filming

Del E Hart

Eira Elizabeth Greenslade yes and not good health and safety

Del E Hart very poor health &Safety but then they were fussing about other protective gear

This post will be taken down watch

Del E Hart

Eira Elizabeth Greenslade saying what I see xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think I prefer our discussions about pies...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1353330
View attachment 1353318

View attachment 1353275
@danascookbook
15 hours ago
Admiring @marie_alexandrine_yvernault creations, that my beautiful @stephanieejarvis is wearing, as I, on the occasion of my doll’s @countessawess 40th bday party. Stones on silver gold rings and necklaces #mariealexandrineyvernault #galerie54 #stones #design #venice #friends #party @mariealexandrineyvernault #style
PALAZZO LOREDAN DELL'AMBASCIATORE
Not keen about that Rorschach test pointing towards Fanny's nether regions. 🤢

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
🧵 Thread suggested by member Cheshire Cat - coined by Clara Bennet VIP...

"Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them."

Goodnight from NI.

• Heart
I love Miracle Whip. Don’t judge me witches.
Same here! Although, sometimes there are recipes where you must use mayo, and then I buy the smallest jar of Hellman's I can find!
I can't stand the way mayonnaise looks in the jar, or spooning it out, yuk!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.