The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Miracle Whip. Don’t judge me witches.
I was raised on Miracle Whip. It has its applications.

What the heck?
Isn’t winter the time for indoor projects?
Oh Lawd!
There’s that issue of no heating....
Good grief! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Yes on there needs to be a plan and move forward!
If her house was warm in the winter she could spend her time cleaning and decluttering it, like normal people do in the winter time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Fancy flip flops…I’m dying. Lol…I totally know what you mean! 😂
Afterall, she is a “Fancy Nancy”!!! 👸🏻

***I’m just jealous because I wore flip flops about 8-9 months out of the year where I live and after my triple fractured ankle last August and emergency surgery- I am wearing tennis shoes which are SO not me!!! My goal is to be where I can wear sandals- flip flops even and wedges!!! I’m tired of being a munchkin!!! I love shoes too!!! I’m not rocking the Sporty Spice look very well. 😩

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Indeed. It certainly destroyed me for a while. So when you see the red flags of the same type of behaviour playing out again it is plain to see.
This was what Marie wrote at a time when she thought she'd made a lifetime friend & had got a proper role in the chateau. Whether or not she is a likeable person or seems weak she was conned by Fanny & used as a cast member for her vlogs. Read this and see how she was embedded into the fabric of how the chateau ran at one time. Then death by a thousand small cuts, oh we need your studio, oh Nati is now doing bookings, emails blah blah..and so it goes.
I didnt realise FRK was doing the job of Bully Nat, that must have hurt her to be replaced. I truly hope she finds her way, she is young and still has plenty of time

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I was thinking about when Fanny was talking to the old owners, and said "What do you think about our secret project, your Grandfathers sitting room."

Is this sitting room off the Marquis apartment? If so maybe has it been turned into a nursery for Natty & Am's baby?
And they have bought (well his parents have for them, remember the file of papers) the Marquis apartment?

Anyone have similar thoughs?
I find it strange that family members of the Marquis keep coming back to a place they decided to sell. What is it that has them returning all the time. Surely if the place meant so much to the family they wouldn’t of sold it. We have all seen their family castle which is so much better.

I think I trump you all in the heat stakes today. The weather man says temperatures will peak at 50C today. 🥵🫠 luckily we have ACs and chilled water swimming pools.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Same here! Although, sometimes there are recipes where you must use mayo, and then I buy the smallest jar of Hellman's I can find!
I can't stand the way mayonnaise looks in the jar, or spooning it out, yuk!
Did anyone else see that episode of South Park when some wierdos at the docks say they will look after the dead body?
They say something like, they wouldn't put anything in the body that would make the noise of something going into mayonnaise.
My younger sister roared with laughter at my reaction when I said 'oh no, South Park has finally crossed my line!'

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thankyou for yet another glimpse into your life and thoughts. I must say I much prefer the chandeliers in your Tiki Hut (are they made from driftwood), they are Parrrfect more my style than those hideous glass montrosities at lie lie land
Those are called driftwood orb lanterns from Potterybarn. I put outdoor flameless candles inside them & they look really cool at night. The batteries have died & it’s a real pain to get to them and replace them. I had another big one, about 24” in diameter, but it fell down in a really bad storm and smashed into pieces. They are a few years old, but have been brought back in summer, lots of similar items on the interweb.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I enjoy the non chateau aside conversations that we have here. I am enjoying the food chat learning more about Italian and US food. I like dijonnaise and gizeh Birkenstocks but hate getting tan lines off them. Really working on not getting them this year. Hoping to soar above some real French chateaux in a hot air balloon this week.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I wish! My renovations are being paid for by a home equity line of credit (heloc). No chateau delusions here. My husband was a residential contractor for many years and in his current position has a wonderful working relationship with the trades. Also, he has a close relative that owns a roofing company. We will do some of the work ourselves too. Hopefully everything will come together & stay on budget.

Sorry, I was wearing flip flops.
View attachment 1353029
I like how you went for the whole experience : dress, flip flops, no safety gear. But where's is you cup of tea?

View attachment 1353330
View attachment 1353318

View attachment 1353275
@danascookbook
15 hours ago
Admiring @marie_alexandrine_yvernault creations, that my beautiful @stephanieejarvis is wearing, as I, on the occasion of my doll’s @countessawess 40th bday party. Stones on silver gold rings and necklaces #mariealexandrineyvernault #galerie54 #stones #design #venice #friends #party @mariealexandrineyvernault #style
PALAZZO LOREDAN DELL'AMBASCIATORE
Oh, who got married?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Flip flops are my go to. Pruning the Rose's- wear flip flops. Watering my potager - wear flip flops. Climbing cliff faces to reach a holy grotto - wear flip flops. Catching snakes that have slithered into the house - wear flip flops. Chasing Mediterranean scorpions- wear flip flops. Walking the sheep - yeah, you've got it. You get my drift... however, going to the beach - GO BAREFOOT 😘
Can't beat flip flops, they're on the minute it gets warm enough at the brginning of the year and come off when me tootsies start going numb with the cold in Winter. I have lovely summer sandals and think they'll be nice to wear in the summer but the flip flops win every time. No wonder I've now got Hobbit feet and nothing fits, my feet have spread.

In Florida we wear flip flops all year, we even have fancy flip flops!! Here in SW Florida it was 98f the pool was like a bath tub. I’m amazed that most of Europe survives with out air conditioning.

I must admit it was a tough one yesterday here in West France, it was 102F we hardly moved all day just sat infront of the fan. Having nearly 3ft thick walls to the house helps but yesterday was somehting else. Also most french houses have shutters so they wouldn't get opened on hot days. Had a big thunder storm last night, which has cleared the air a bit. Also read this morning up in Normandy they had a mini tornado on a beach 57 injured and a kite surfer killed, as he was taken up by the wind and crashed straight through the window of a restaurant.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.