The Chateau Diaries #152 The National Trust can't trust Stephanie Jarvis and neither should you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that you've missed me darlin'. I have been away, and I tend not to be much online (when I can help it) there. Holiday home. I just needed to get away for a while. I needed to be in warm sea and feel alive. Been surfing, diving, swimming, and drunk rum and talked shite with friends. Perfect, I am restored, and now I am on top form making people squirm in the office! :giggle:🍸
What? So you missed jubilee? I hoped you can give us some insider information about Meghan and Co.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I do sense that most Tattlers here have absolutely no idea where other members live in the world, therefore a lot of cross wires in opinions of worth of, accessibility, or, viewership opportunities/figures too.
Added to which, whether what they are watching is the most up to date regarding the chateau owners etc, especially via YT, which is always only temporarily available as they are pirate copies and from what I understand, are ordinarily at least a couple of years behind in any case.
All TV channels employ social media business managers to safeguard where their viewership is generated from, especially if via copyright issues - yes?
When C4 was first introduced on UK tv, they were viewed as a joke and the "poor relative" of the other mainstream UK TV stations, think, the BBC - primarily due to the BBC's "old boy school" syndrome - so not the case today.
Even more so, especially as buying an annual TV license just to watch any BBC programmes is approx £180, whether you are only watching "live" or on a "catch up" basis. Whereas, watching C4 in the UK is free!
I do personally buy an annual license for BBC, BUT, have recently noticed that they are constantly 75% rinsing old repeats, which I totally disagree with having to pay for.
Even given Covid restrictions, how long does the BBC feel that current license holders will continue paying for repeats?
When I have to renew my BBC license early next year, I will certainly be reviewing my options - it's a given.
And, it won't depends on viewer figures - it will depend on what I personally wish to view. :)
I think that conundrum is going on here in the states, as well. At least it is in our house. Here, it's the battle between streaming vs. cable......we pay a lot for premium cable and then there are all these other streaming channels which have all the new stuff - and much better "stuff", in most cases - and it gets to the point where you have to take stock and decide what you're really watching vs. what you're paying.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As much as we all want to show shade at our favourite cougar, I did find Dana's vlog enjoyable, as she embraces the French lifetsyle (and I suspect is far more accepted by the locals) as well as keeping to her observance of Shabbat. I am in total agreement with you @Le Baiseur- the food looked far better than anything we see at LaLande, her hair needs some love, I too cringed at that knife cutting bread- it was a good knife, but not for cutting bread- oh bay, please get a serrated one!, and I think the cameraman was the same French guy she sat down at dinner with (he seemed very lovely! And looks familiar... Have we seen him somewhere before?) After watching this, I do think Dan and she are ONLY good friends (I felt she had more of a connection with our beloved goat cheese man), and she's more or less of a big sister to Dan, trying to help him navigate being an expat living in France. I did get a good chuckle, as I have the TJ's Za'Atar seasoning in my pantry as well (it's pretty good, but there is something missing that I can't pinpoint.)
Dan must be soooooooo in luuuuuuuve... He even gave her a compliment. I never saw him that nice with Analiese in all those months! But who knows?

Reactions: 8
I think that conundrum is going on here in the states, as well. At least it is in our house. Here, it's the battle between streaming vs. cable......we pay a lot for premium cable and then there are all these other streaming channels which have all the new stuff - and much better "stuff", in most cases - and it gets to the point where you have to take stock and decide what you're really watching vs. what you're paying.
I 100% agree with you. I have cut back on all types of streaming channels too.
I constantly go around in never ending circles trying to find any "interesting new stuff" on Netflix, and once I do, I binge watch.
Then Prime, generally will eventually find something once I truly delve deeper, as something interesting will ordinarily rise to the surface to watch!
I only have to personally satisfy myself but, having said that, it is always an "effort". :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m puzzled as to why SJ showed the vase purchase. It just opened her up to criticism. Like many other purchases she could have kept it private. Any theories?
to deflect from the missing accounts

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Lovely to see you Heathcliffe. Selmar is still utterly delusional and dead boring, but now twice as much so since Tatty recently joined him in the south of France.
Tatyana is devoid of personality and emotion... how does one become so dull? Never mind the botox..

I’ve decided Dana is a cool chick. Go girl
I like her, she seems like a genuine friend, always up for something fun, open hearted and chatty, not awkward like some of these 'volunteers'... Dan didn't enjoy the music nights, but she was still game for a night out no matter the outcome. It's getting harder to find someone who can carry a conversation these days, or maybe it's because I'm in Canada. Definitely not like the relationships I built in the UK..

Last edited:
Etsy is always way overpriced on things like copper pans. I could pick up 6 copper pans in good conditions on fb marketplace locally for under €10. Etsy is not a good rule of thumb. Look at the stuff that Sean's World and his wife sell on etsy. They must have a 200% mark up. I know Sean does put a lot of work into some of his pieces or sends them off for replanishing but his mark up is very high when you see what you can pick them up for.
Agreed, makes my blood boil when I see Sean pretending to source gems when he is just ripping people off.

Reactions: 9
Stephanie Jarvis was m.i.a., Percy, Isabelle and a late Philip Janssen participated.
Yesterday's, 6/14/22, gift grab live chat...

View attachment 1342417
Diana Elizabeth Bashford Please remember to press the thumbs up button
Diana Elizabeth Bashford I wonder where every one is

View attachment 1342392
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts Just caught up on vids from last week can't believe ppl didn't like the Ardmore vase
Sidonie Jansson Is that so? Stella Marie
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts can't make people appreciate art and all it's forms I giess

View attachment 1342419
Dru A134 Waiting but only 61 ? Why
Diana Elizabeth Bashford Pleease remember to press the thumbs up button
Patricia Jamieson come on folks donate a like...it helps them and it's Freeeeeeeeeeeee
Gerda Vd Westhuizen we've got 52 thumbs up Lalanders we can do better
Dru A getn those like up (y)(y)(y)(y)
Diana Elizabeth Bashford180 waiting and only 71 thumbs up come on every lets show them at Chateau Lalande how they all mean to us

View attachment 1342555
Sidonie Jansson Stephanie looks so sweet on this photo
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts she has been more relaxed with Philip in her life than before he's a good influence
Sidonie Jansson Yes Stella you are right. It shows

View attachment 1342401
Percy Attfield Good evening
Isabelle Jarvis Good evening Lalanders love
LaReyne Not long till the matriarch returns
Percy Attfield We are well thank you.

View attachment 1342405
Robert Gregson there's only one dish Philip wants hope they get married soon

View attachment 1342426
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts I am surprised there weren't any gifts waiting for Michael
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts I can't remember I know we sent him something before a while ago but take so long to get things there it's hard to reason expense

View attachment 1342428
Silvana Machado we drink
Silvana Machado [message retracted]

View attachment 1342436
bee french For those of you who haven’t seen Dana’s cookbook channel, please go support her. Her recipes are really French and she’s simply lovely and charismatic. 1/2
bee french If we can’t live in France today, we can just try to replicate the recipes by purchasing some gourmet goat cheese from trader joes .

View attachment 1342442
Isabelle Jarvis Joy how kind of you!, such beautiful work!
Isabelle Jarvis Joy yes perfect pyjamas

View attachment 1342447
saiko can you not get a proper camera for vlogging that isn't a phone?

View attachment 1342449
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts Gilligan's Island
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks Classic song by Marilyn Monroe

View attachment 1342456
bee french Yeh I wanted to see this dress from Sunday’s video
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Artsh mm ok
Cristina Preda Stephanie looks awesome in the cat dress but to be honest I hate it ..the dress I mean
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts dress is fine not sure about the addons
Dru A The dress that saved the chitasterfy lol

View attachment 1342458
Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!

View attachment 1342464
bee french So playful. Now @Philip janssen needs a shirt or jacket with hedgehodge appliques
Philip Janssen @bee french 😂

View attachment 1342469
Sidonie Jansson Hi Philip, wasn´t it the dress we saw yesterday?
Philip Janssen @Sidonie Jansson I believe so!
Sidonie Jansson I recognized the dress. Suits her so well

View attachment 1342484
bee french @philip janssen hello did you watch the tony awards last nigh
Philip Janssen @bee french I haven’t yet!
bee french @philip janssen I hope you are able to access the tony awards via YouTube. So many good segments of broadway musicals . I would like to watch the Michael Jackson one
Philip Janssen @bee french I can’t wait!
bee french @philip janssen were you able to convince micha to make some musical videos with you?
Philip Janssen @bee french I was!
bee french @philip janssen yeh! I have your channel on notification
Jean Minnifee Philip will you be making any more videos. I just recently discovered your channel and loved what I see so far.

View attachment 1342489
Isabelle Jarvis Wonderful seeds thank you Patrick!

View attachment 1342490
Dru A @Philip Janssen any idea when Scottman will be coming again?
Philip Janssen @Dru A Not sure, but hopefully soon!
Isabelle Jarvis [message retracted]
Isabelle Jarvis Angela Pa still no date as yet but we will come!
Isabelle Jarvis Phil N thank you , we are looking forward to getting back.

View attachment 1342496
SeanMcGCostumes omg it's a D&D/ttrpg mini!

View attachment 1342500
Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen please would you mind keeping me in your prayers for Friday it’s when I have my surgery thank you xx
Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates Absolutely
Isabelle Jarvis Sarah Yates thinking of you!

View attachment 1342502
Jason Dubey HELLO! I was busy in a Picasso sale in the gallery. How are you all today?
Jason Dubey What did I miss??

View attachment 1342524
Jason Dubey Did you see the gifts from me? I missed it
Jason Dubey @CA Garden Did she show them?
Jason Dubey @isabelle Jarvis The
Jason Dubey @isabelle Jarvis The Dali woodblock engraving was for you too. Dante's Inferno Canto 2 form the Inferno

View attachment 1342542
Jason Dubey @Chateau Unwrapped! I will go back and watch this now
Isabelle Jarvis Jason Dubey lots! Hope Picasso went well.
Jason Dubey @isabelle Jarvis Yes, we sold the Picasso

View attachment 1342530
Percy Attfield Until next week. Be safe. Enjoy
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here.
Philip Janssen Thank you all so much❤❤❤
Thank you @KiKiGee, as always, for all your hard work. Imho, it is truly just so mentally exhausting! It basically makes my eyes bleed and scrambles my sense of reality too. People like this do not exist in my real world, thankfully!

Reactions: 11
Keep rearranging the deck chairs on your Titanic, Stephanie, you’re still going down with the ship. Where are the accounts you fraudulent grifter?!?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Here you go @Arfarf. Dana (and most likely Dan were in Venice) and Nutti (and Amaury) are meeting up in Italy.
Dana is also promoting the chunky jewelry, again.
She is looking forward to a Curtis Woodside cooking get together.

Curtis has grand plans to cook with Dana in Italy.
👇From his IG stories, May 30, 2022.
View attachment 1342134

View attachment 1342096
@countessawess
1 day ago
Ma Rougie #venice #italy #sanmarco #blackalwaysblack🖤 #floridiansbelike #birthdayweek #veniceinvasion #fendi #dogespalace
@danacookdbook And my hand 😂
1d

View attachment 1342106
@danascookbook
1 hour ago
#venise is as beautiful as ever. Thank you @annedevarennes and HBD/ Congrats my @countessawess again and again, see you home soon 🎉❤bijoux @marie_alexandrine_yvernault

Nutti (and Amuary), eating pizza in Naples...
@life_n_wood
First night in Naples after years! Impossible to choose something else to eat 😜
#napoli #naples #italy #italytravel #pizza #marguerita @isabelladechampizzafritta
14h

Is Dan really ill, or is it just a ploy to cover for his Italy trip???
@escapetoruralfrance
Hi all, turns out I jinxed myself the other week talking about man flu, and was viciously struck down over the last few days with the medical worlds worse known case of it. Anyway today I was back to relative health and got the camera out so hopefully back on the wagon from tomorrow!
13h

@missannaliseprice
A splash for me and the boys after school yesterday at the lake it was super hot. The boys have had chicken pox and iv been knocked off my feet for over a week with some nasty virus, but we're all much better now. I feel the lake will be visited alot by us as the weather is set to be scorching this week.
4H

@pavlinn_ua
I’m not feeling well, so M made me this get-better-bouquet. Me and a ladybug that flew from outside both find it very sweet
2d

I does make me wonder, How many others are ill; Auntie, Pavlina, other volunteers and guests???

My guess, Stephanie Jarvis attended Tess Hoffman's birthday celebration without Philip Janssen.
I do wonder if Michael Potts traveled with Stephanie??? Why is he not with Ruth??? Or is Ruth hiding from the camera. I do not blame her if she is.
Philip Janssen, has been tasked, looking after the sad flogs, live chats and comments, as well as lording over the help at Lalande.
You are a gem!! Thanks as always for your swift investigative work!😊

• Heart
The last time I saw an actual street walking hooker, maybe Mass Ave and 9th St NE, maybe, in D.C.? She was wearing exactly was Tess is wearing above. Except with no bra. Booty shorts and booties.
….. and what did you do?
When I visited Madrid about 10 years ago, I was approached by a hooker while I was walking down the street one evening. Boy, was she barking up the wrong tree! I politely declined her services. I’m what you call a “Gold Star Gay”…never been intimate with a woman. In the biblical sense, I’m a virgin…without sin, @HalcyonOrganic ! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I do sense that most Tattlers here have absolutely no idea where other members live in the world, therefore a lot of cross wires in opinions of worth of, accessibility, or, viewership opportunities/figures too.
Added to which, whether what they are watching is the most up to date regarding the chateau owners etc, especially via YT, which is always only temporarily available as they are pirate copies and from what I understand, are ordinarily at least a couple of years behind in any case.
All TV channels employ social media business managers to safeguard where their viewership is generated from, especially if via copyright issues - yes?
When C4 was first introduced on UK tv, they were viewed as a joke and the "poor relative" of the other mainstream UK TV stations, think, the BBC - primarily due to the BBC's "old boy school" syndrome - so not the case today.
Even more so, especially as buying an annual TV license just to watch any BBC programmes is approx £180, whether you are only watching "live" or on a "catch up" basis. Whereas, watching C4 in the UK is free!
I do personally buy an annual license for BBC, BUT, have recently noticed that they are constantly 75% rinsing old repeats, which I totally disagree with having to pay for.
Even given Covid restrictions, how long does the BBC feel that current license holders will continue paying for repeats?
When I have to renew my BBC license early next year, I will certainly be reviewing my options - it's a given.
And, it won't depends on viewer figures - it will depend on what I personally wish to view. :)
BBC are saying you have to have a BBC licence to watch You Tube. Not sure if this is true and they are just trying to frighten people.
I know people who don't have a TV licence and they tell me they are always coming round or sending threatening letters. Advice they gave me was to tell them as little as possible as they will seize on whatever they can to threaten you and on no account let them in your house.
I think a lot of us are debating whether or not to get rid of the TV licence.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
@MRShavershamsdress she has not progressed at all, her channel is stuck in 2020 where everyone was stuck in, living though other people, so much has changed, so to keep over spending and having other people pay for her lifestyle, its getting to the point where her days are numbered as a vlogger.

Reactions: 9
BBC are saying you have to have a BBC licence to watch You Tube. Not sure if this is true and they are just trying to frighten people.
I know people who don't have a TV licence and they tell me they are always coming round or sending threatening letters. Advice they gave me was to tell them as little as possible as they will seize on whatever they can to threaten you and on no account let them in your house.
I think a lot of us are debating whether or not to get rid of the TV licence.
I don't open the door if I don't recognize someone...

Please don’t fall for the lies it’s all a ruse. Nutty is a pathological liar 🤥 like Ms. HMN she’s being drinking sparkling white grape juice 🙄 but keep spinning the story Nut Nut [] 😂😂😂
If she's on her own, why would she drink?

Reactions: 5
Dana recommends a diaper instead.
I guess she meant just a piece of cloth. Like in olden days. Which is perfectly fine. If you can eat cheese from a plate which was hand-washed you can eat cheese which was drained in a cloth which was machine washed and hopefully even ironed. Your grandma used it, too and survived

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.