The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Chateau Diaries #12 - a thread filled with ‘lies’, lulz and Brenda!

I haven’t posted since the early threads because I have always found Stephanie painful but it’s gone off a cliff now.

I’m halfway through the interview with Curtis (as a History graduate, just eugh!) and I’m starting to think that Stephanie is looking less and less like a living, breathing human the more I watch of her.

There’s something off about her face. Behind all the fakery, she actually looks like a doll.
Are we sure she’s real?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

I haven’t posted since the early threads because I have always found Stephanie painful but it’s gone off a cliff now.

I’m halfway through the interview with Curtis (as a History graduate, just eugh!) and I’m starting to think that Stephanie is looking less and less like a living, breathing human the more I watch of her.

There’s something off about her face. Behind all the fakery, she actually looks like a doll.
Are we sure she’s real?
Stepford Wife or Chateau owner....?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
B
Head of PR & Marketing Brenda is onto it.
Who is Brenda anyway? Not showing your face but promoting your own business is strange. She ran a chateau fan club FB site but has closed it down for some reason without any explanation. I think she is really flakey. She promises a lot of things but doesn't deliver. She once had a contest to invite people to tour chateaux with her but nothing came of it. Who would want to go on a trip with someone who acts so mysterious?

Are we sure she’s real?
She just always has to be so animated all the time. It's unnatural and annoying. She treats her audience as if they are brain damaged with attention spans of two year olds. It's a lot of look at me accompanied by peals of laughter. I'm glad she thinks she funny, I don't.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Stepford Wife or Chateau owner....?
I was thinking more along the lines of House of Wax but good call.

Maybe the old people’s homes are just an allegory and they really lived in the attic above Madame Tussaud’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Crybaby Michael Petherick has made a new vlog about his woes. If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, get out! He would probably be a lot happier if he grew up and became independent of his family. Also, he needs to get real about his sexuality. It must take a lot of energy to pretend you are straight when it's obvious that you are very gay. Maybe he and his 'friend' Ryan could do a vlog together. Like many of the posts I have read on this site, MP is really quite boring on camera and his cottage is not very interesting. He just acts so immature!

Reactions: 3
Who is Brenda anyway? Not showing your face but promoting your own business is strange. She ran a chateau fan club FB site but has closed it down for some reason without any explanation. I think she is really flakey. She promises a lot of things but doesn't deliver. She once had a contest to invite people to tour chateaux with her but nothing came of it. Who would want to go on a trip with someone who acts so mysterious?

She just always has to be so animated all the time. It's unnatural and annoying. She treats her audience as if they are brain damaged with attention spans of two year olds. It's a lot of look at me accompanied by peals of laughter. I'm glad she thinks she funny, I don't.
Lol that chateau tour was an absolute scam. Legally she couldn’t have even done it, because I’m pretty sure you need a special license for managing travel plans, tours, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
RubyT Post 3644859 I don't have FB and don't want same with Instagram. I've seen MPK's You Tube videos of DIO but how do I find his blogs where he's doing all this complaining. I've lost the thread as I haven't seen any of his and Sj's posts and her telling her fans about Tattle. Is there another way of accessing these blogs without FB?
You will find Michaels vlogs on YouTube I think it’s called “Doing it ourselves “

Reactions: 1
I remind you that she has owned the chateau for 15 years. She owns a flat in London which she sporadically rents out on airbnb instead of properly renting it out as she needs it as a pied a terre for her many trips back there. She has holidayed in Venice, Vietnam, Cape Town, Greece etc & has made multiple trips to London. She spends a fortune on tat. She has not had a job since leaving University. She has had free labour from workaways. She has been in receipt of funds from the advertising revenue generated by her Youtube account & paetron cash now. At what point should she have stopped living like a bum & expect other people to work for nothing, pay her to post some videos and all for her to swan off on holiday?

Go Marie. Run like the wind.
SJ needs to have drooling fans around her constantly, thus the need for volunteers. Most of the volunteers are young and aimless and obviously don't need to work for a living. The current lapdog boy is super annoying. How can anyone with any self-esteem tag along after someone old enough to be his mother buying crap from the thrift stores. I think he hopes that she will adopt him and he can mooch off her for the rest of his life. It's a really sick relationship and reminds me of some creepy old Hollywood star aging away in her decrepit mansion.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Can I just bring some attention to SSB's comment that people who had been guests at her chateau had been bullied, including those who had not been in the vlogs? I joined in December, so I am not familiar with all of the content in the threads, but I have never seen anyone encourage bullying of her guests, nor have I read any tattler discuss it one way or the other. Discuss them, yes, bullying, no. This is something we consider beyond the pale, surely? So is this a blatant lie on her part?

Perhaps she is alluding to the comments on Facebook about the Christmas breach of covid recommendations? Ironic how she worded that to make it sound as though tattlers were in the wrong, and not the group of people who spat in the eye of all those separated from their love ones at Christmas.

There is a very dark side to this woman indeed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Lol that chateau tour was an absolute scam. Legally she couldn’t have even done it, because I’m pretty sure you need a special license for managing travel plans, tours, etc.
She's just another person hanging onto the coattails of SJ.

Reactions: 3
SJ needs to have drooling fans around her constantly, thus the need for volunteers. Most of the volunteers are young and aimless and obviously don't need to work for a living. The current lapdog boy is super annoying. How can anyone with any self-esteem tag along after someone old enough to be his mother buying crap from the thrift stores. I think he hopes that she will adopt him and he can mooch off her for the rest of his life. It's a really sick relationship and reminds me of some creepy old Hollywood star aging away in her decrepit mansion.
Sunset Boulevard! It could be another thread title... but perhaps we will keep it for #13 ;)

Reactions: 5
Speaking of moochers, did any of you follow Tomaz after he finally left the chateau? Sorry state of affairs there. He thought he was so popular because so many little old lonely ladies said nice things about him that he thought he could just do what SJ did and start a Patreon account and a YT station. Very, very boring! Ugh! Who wants to see someone cut their own hair or make food that you can find 100 videos already made about? He even had the nerve to start a Go Fund Me page begging for a new computer so he could make quality videos! Why when your content was so lame to begin with. The real kicker is that he got advice from Mummy and Crazy Gerry! Why oh why would you take advice from them about how to be a YT star? A nurse and a taxi driver? Really, what was he thinking. He also became a crybaby just like MP complaining about people being honest about his boring videos. They only want to hear how much people adore them, well it's not true.

Reactions: 7
Can I just bring some attention to SSB's comment that people who had been guests at her chateau had been bullied, including those who had not been in the vlogs? I joined after Hanni left, so I am not familiar with all of the content in the threads, but I have never seen anyone encourage bullying of her guests, nor have I read any tattler discuss it one way or the other. Discuss them, yes, bullying, no. This is something we consider beyond the pale, surely? So is this a blatant lie on her part?

Perhaps she is alluding to the comments on Facebook about the Christmas breach of covid recommendations? Ironic how she worded that to make it sound as though tattlers were in the wrong, and not the group of people who spat in the eye of all those separated from their love ones at Christmas.

Back then I mostly lurked, but never commented. If I remember correctly some people found her annoying and others just wanted to know more about her, such as what her work was, etc. There was also talk about her being a high tier patron and thus buying SJ’s friendship. Nothing I would classify as bullying, especially since outside of this platform, no one was making comments to her or anything...

As far as I know, the only time people have gone beyond this platform have been to either question the super spreader Christmas Covid gathering or about patron funds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Totally agree to leave the lake till last which would be the final flourishing touch - I agree it’s important to do but not as important as the bricks and mortar of the place - the heating - the bathrooms - the roof - the patio area that’s sinking - if they have been there for 15 years and also own a house in Sussex / a flat in London and a house in South Africa any sensible person would sell a few of ruse and use the funds to restore !
Don't forget the house in South of France...

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Can I just bring some attention to SSB's comment that people who had been guests at her chateau had been bullied, including those who had not been in the vlogs? I joined in December, so I am not familiar with all of the content in the threads, but I have never seen anyone encourage bullying of her guests, nor have I read any tattler discuss it one way or the other. Discuss them, yes, bullying, no. This is something we consider beyond the pale, surely? So is this a blatant lie on her part?

So many people use the term 'bullying' to mean anything that's not complimentary. It's a word so overused today. I have never heard or seen anything written about bullying guests at the chateau. Where's the proof? Perhaps it's just more crybaby stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So true. Even her best friends often complain about the need for constant entourage. It's nearly impossible to have a private conversation with her, unless she gives permission for it. If at all embarrassing for her, she just makes sure there's entourage around, a very clever tactic to avoid difficult things.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
So many people use the term 'bullying' to mean anything that's not complimentary. It's a word so overused today. I have never heard or seen anything written about bullying guests at the chateau. Where's the proof? Perhaps it's just more crybaby stuff.
It's because Stephanie can't handle any type of negative feed back or simple questions. Hence why she'll block you, if you question her.

• Heart
I noticed that to, you know if it wasn't for Michael would she even have thought about starting a youtube channel??? She's beyond cringe at this point.

As an artist myself I would never give up my art for anyone else to use. So Angel couldn't come up with ideas herself? Either way, she should have credited him for it.
The world is dependent on artistic input , car manufacturers, aviation, soft furnishings so many areas...but the "designer" does not hold the copyrights because they are working for a salary & what they design remains the intellectual property of the company they work for, & the designs come under the company name not the employee, which I am sure is the situation of MP
If you are an artist & you paint/design something independently & someone else uses it without permission that is breach of copyright
copyright remains in place for 70-100 years after the death of the designer.
You could say MK has breached copyright because he copied Beatrix Potter images & showed them on his vlogs...he gained financially from someone else's property as the copyright belongs to Frank Warne & Co ( I think that's the name don't shoot me if not) they are a branch company of Penguin
With the Donegal Brenda Merch some people have posted pictures of the calendar which includes details of everyone whose images were used so that is likely not a copyright breach, the cloth is also likely to be an old print modified to include the shitoo and also out of copy right
The prints Michael done for his patrons of a willow pattern, I don't think are original art from him but a modified design which may or may not be out of copyright legislation.
A serious problem could arise out of the vlog, as I said yesterday you do not have to mention names you can be guilty of defamation by implying. He may say " I implied nothing" but by mentioning the prints not to mention the 100's of messages & comments on all the forums he will not have a leg to stand on...even if AD are in the wrong..because they are 2 different cases! He would have to have written to DA requesting they "Refrain from using his designs", he would need to show where he attempted to copyright them...and much more..no court is going to believe the warble in that vlog, he would be tore apart in cross examination as there are too many inconsistencies. It could be the beginning of the end..& maybe we should set up a gfm for him.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.